Signatures

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:41 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Mr. Flay wrote:These decisions seem to be awfully draconian, however.
What exactly is so harsh about reducing the signature's content to its original purpose? A signature is supposed to be a line of text, not a jungle of quotes, images and obnoxious font sizes that keep attracting ones attention from the actual post content. If people keep abusing these properties even after multiple reactions from others, I find it no more than justified to remove them. The fact that over 90% of the users (okay, that's a wild guess ;)) don't even use these properties says enough about public opinion.

btw, here's a sample of dictionary.com on sigs that's so true:
The composition of one's sig can be quite an art form, including an ASCII logo or one's choice of witty sayings (see sig quote, fool file). However, large sigs are a waste of bandwidth, and it has been observed that the size of one's sig block is usually inversely proportional to one's prestige on the net.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:19 am

Post by Cadmium »

What has happened to the signatures? None of them show in the posts anymore.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:22 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Yep, that did it. Thanks, guys!

Return to “News”