Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Title Fairy: Abuse of Mooglepower!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Oman »

I am the current Title Fairy and am the sole judge on who gets a title and what it shall be. Titles should follow the policy below:

Oman's title Fairy Policy

1. The Title Fairy (in his position as mith's appointed official) is both a moderator of the Title Fairy Thread, and a moderator of titles in general. Title Fairy word is law within these confines.

2. A title is designed to be an informal representation of a user's personality and individuality. It is also a badge of honour that the title-holder has become an individual within the community, valued by his or her peers. A title should be something that user is recognised by, including a lasting appeal, not a quickly waning fad. In layman's terms, one should say "Yup, that is User X alright!". It should be easily accessible to all people, with wittiness/humour being a benefit.

3. Titles based on usernames (especially username puns) or avatars are not recommended. It is important to remember that titles are placed underneath the username and avatar, and the repetition is not required, and looks cluttered. Also forcing any suggestion, even the particularly clever ones, into a pun rarely become more personal, or more humorous. Avatars are also often transient and the title becomes outdated very quickly. However, exceptional titles containing these may still be awarded at Title Fairy discretion.

4. The minimum threshold for a title is six months on site. This limit is designed to ensure that once a person receives a title, they are entrenched as an individual, and that the title they are nominated for is suited to their personality. This limit is for the person, so a change of username or making an alternate account the primary will not disqualify the user. By no means does reaching the required time instantly mean the user is deserving of a title.

5. Any user can recommend a title for a qualified user. It is a simple request that extraneous titles are not suggested on a whim, as these clutter the thread. To recommend oneself for a title is bad form, it is a gift from the peers, not something to bestow on oneself. However, users are encouraged to become involved in discussion of their own title within the thread. Abuse of the ability to suggest titles, by suggesting insulting, or otherwise frivolous titles will result in that user's privilege being removed. Note that Site Ideas (including Title Fairy) is covered under the site rules, and abuse may warrant reporting to Site Admins.

6. Titles are subject to the recipient's approval as well as the Title Fairy's, and may be rejected regardless of other support. Titles can be removed at the request of the user. This is an exception for "outdated" or irrelevant titles, and not a standard action.

7. The Title Fairy Thread is for title discussion. Its fixture in Site Ideas, as opposed to General Discussion should indicate the administrators' view on how it should be used. While some light-hearted discussion is okay, a good rule of thumb is that title discussion should be the primary focus. Title Fairy reserves the right to delete posts, or split them to General Discussion as required.

8. For any issues regarding the Title Fairy, Title Fairy Thread, or Titles, see first the Title Fairy then, for any issues not resolved at that level, see mith.
You may make suggestions for titles for people other than yourself here. You should not nominate yourself for a title. A title nomination will generally be ignored for a user with less than X posts in Mafia games (X is currently 100, but this may change). Reaching this number of posts does not entitle you to a custom title - users will nominate you for a title when something noteworthy warrants it.

Titles should usually be Mafia related. If you are thinking about suggesting a title based on an ongoing game, please wait until the game is over. If it's a good title, it will still be good a few months later.

In general having three or more people show support for a title is sufficient for the Title Fairy to consider it. A post whose only purpose is to fifth or higher a title will be deleted. (Posts that continue discussion of the title, by either suggesting possible tweaks, or giving further reasons for the title will not be deleted.)

Previous versions of this thread can be found here, here, here, here, and here...and here.

A list of approved titles will be kept below, for the admins to update periodically.

Approved:

Magna -
has been killed Night 1

Faraday -
...should I be here?

Kast -
tl;dr

Hohum -
Uncle Potbear

Gammagooey -
Glad Hatter

Queued:

NIL

Add Rank Image:

NIL

Completed:

NIL RECENT
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Oman »

The plan was to do this after one year anyway, so I'm a few days early. But go nuts team.

Unfortunately, I can't sticky so I may need some help on that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Oman »

Thanks to the sticky-er. You're good people.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #97 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Oman »

Dram titles are HORRIBLE. I've already expressed my dislike of the word "huggle" in any circumstance, but that just destroys any proximity to acceptance that title ever had.

As for MOI, I'm wholly not sold on it, then again several people who I think are quite intelligent, or at the very least not retarded have supported it. I think the idea isn't that he is a high priority for kill, but that it seems to happen. I warn against trying to put a Godzilla spin on it, and I don't think there is too much to be gained, but if you prove me wrong it won't be the first time.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #116 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Oman »

Vi wrote:Oman - Rainbow Robot Cthulhu.
I think this died a good death the first time. Were there enough people that really want to get back into this?

If MOI gets this title (which I'm leaning more towards) I like the idea of replicating the deathtext (i.e. Has Been Killed N1) rather than trying to make a lawl out of it.

RE: Dram, hornithologist was probably the best so far, but I'd still give it some leash.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #119 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Oman »

Subtle pun > pun
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #296 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Oman »

Hey, hands up if you accidentally kept the old thread bookmarked and haven't checked this in several weeks!

I'll get the duties done and get some more coming.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #301 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Oman »

Firstly I really want to get through the backlog of titles that we've discussed, expect that in my next hit.
  • Kast's punctuation change is on the cards.
  • Unicorn Brethren aren't looking to get a title. The hydra is a highlight of personality already, we don't need to give them further shtick.
  • I love Prozac so much.
  • RC was a dick and got called out on it. Nice.
  • Faraday's totally has merit. Does
    Mistaken on this Account
    reference something that I'm not getting?
  • Princeton's Pride is a great line. I'll give it some runtime, but I really like the contrast. KK is awesome. Hito did a great edit.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #327 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Oman »

Parama wrote:if chesskid gets a title I might as well leave this site forever because THAT'S PATHETIC.

WE DON'T GIVE NOTORIOUS VIs TITLES THAT REWARD BAD PLAY. THAT JUST MAKES THEM EVEN WORSE.
This is patently untrue.

populartajo wrote:Im sorry for my stupidity,.
<3
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #334 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Oman »

Beginning with "X probably wants a title, let's give 'em one!" isn't a great start.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #344 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Oman »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
@ Oman: We in the Unicorn Brethren aren't actively pursuant to having a title for our account
You uhh...you seconded the title. It seems like you're pretty interested.
ReaperCharlie wrote:It's semi-unlikely we'll use it after this Mafia with Hydras game is over, mainly because most of the Unicorns flaked out (*sadface*).
Disaster on Wheels
is pretty funny though, and would certainly fit, given the flakeage... and other things...
You're....proud of that fact that you're all a collective shitfight?
ReaperCharlie wrote: As far as DemonHybrid not getting the joke when I said "No that's not us, don't know who it is", I really don't know what to say. It was a pretty obvious joke, as anyone with five seconds and an inquiring mind wanted to make a few clicks and find out. And if making a joke and then ridiculing a guy who doesn't get it is now grounds for being called a douche, then I guess I'm not only one huge douche, but there a lot more people guilty of being douches as well. It's not my fault he didn't get it and then threw a hissy fit about it, then went all Sherlock Holmes/Liar Police on me, cause he thought I was lying through my teeth to try to get a title for a hydra I'm in. Heck, I didn't even suggest the title, GreyICE did. It's funny. It really is. I mean, look: Unicorn Brethren - Disaster on Wheels. Makes me laugh out loud when I read it like that. But if it's a big deal, drop it. We don't really need a custom title to feel special. We know we're plenty special anyway.
You know, you really flip-flop between totally unlikeable and overdefensive-though-reasonable. I don't really care about whatever arguments you have with others but here it is from my perspective: You said X, DH showed that X is untrue, you responded with it's a joke! and then said Y and Z, both of which DH proved were untrue... So yeah, just drop it, it's done.
ReaperCharlie wrote:As for
Mistaken on this Account
for Faraday, it's half of the sentence people say when they're saying "I could be wrong, but..." when they say "I may be mistaken on this account, but..." etc. Or as someone else said earlier, "mistaken on all accounts" could be the more popular phrase. I actually think
Mistaken on All Accounts
may be even better than just Mistaken on This Account, because it sounds less like half a sentence chopped off. And personally, I think it's more catchy and (most importantly) RELEVANT than "should I be here?". But that is just my two cents.
I agree with you on this.
Mistaken on All Accounts
is clearer (to me at least), and quite funny.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Also, @ DH/Oman/whoever cares: I NEVER lie about which accounts are me or not. EVER.
For the record, none of the ACTUAL Unicorn Brethren are in that hydra.

I'm not sure
who
is in it, actually. But it's not us. Pretty funny, though.
[/quote]

Pretty sure that is untrue...just quietly.
ReaperCharlie wrote:
Also
also, I just got back from Scream 4 a while ago; it's pretty awesome if you like the first three. Laughs and scares galore. Plus, a good many twists, and David Arquette, Courteney Cox Arquette, and Courtney Neves are all back supporting the franchise with the original writer (Kevin Williamson) and director (Wes Craven). So you know it's good! <3
I don't give a shit, stop posting irrelevant things in a thread and responding to irrelevant parts of other people's posts.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #352 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Oman »

I think we can rule that people have different opinions on Chesskid's playstyle. I don't think it's productive to continue this line of discussion unless they're directly referencing titles.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #392 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Oman »

JDodge wrote:
Porochaz wrote:I met CDB once in a caravan park, we passed by, recognized each other and high fived so
I nominate CDB for Five Go Off in a Caravan
ok, if we're not counting things that are off-site, then I would like to note that now Cay (came from scumchat), mole (came from an incident on the GL), and Xyl (based on his running the IRC-bot) should be stripped of their titles.

titles are a community thing, this is something that happened between a not-insignificant number of the members of the community, get over it

the recent trend towards anal-retentive title enforcement is ridiculous, get over yourselves
The trend prior to that of "fuck it yeah, titles for all" is worse, considering. The anal-retentive enforcement I brought in was a response to the sheer amount of stupid nominations that were coming up, and I think title culture is better off for it. Arguing for this title is cool, but by lashing out against the system, you're coming off like if you don't get your way the system
must
be broken. I also don't think that it was a "not insignificant number" at all. What are we talking in LoL? 3? 5?

Finally, these title situations you cite while they did not originate on site made a significant impact on site. Also splitting hairs on early GL mafia and MS is kinda silly.
JDodge wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:that didn't happen for cayke shaft.ed
you're going to need to cite sources for this. Titles are serious business
i think the real issue is that we forgot form HJ-7B :(
If the HJ stands for hand job, damn right!

Look, I don't dig the title, it doesn't make any sense to me, and when I asked for context I was given "that's just how he rolls on LoL". Someone (Bella? Forgive me for not looking it up) attempted to reverse engineer it to games etc, which is a lot closer to the mark. I just honestly think this title doesn't have the opportunity for non-LoL members (or more significantly, members who weren't on when that joke was made, regardless of whether they play later) to relate to it. The example I'd like to cite here is Drench's, right? It was a scumchat thing, Drench had a crush on Cayke, but it hardly made it to the site. It was a cute little thing that we all adored or were sickened by. My point is that people on the site can go "cool, Drench had a crush on crywolf, all over that shit", but with this if someone asks "That's just how he rolls on LoL" where do you start putting that in context?

I guess I look at it this way. If I linked to the game, or the chatlogs, or the explanation in thread, and put a little spiel next the name on the "Titles" wiki page, would people still laugh six months from now? Hell, it's been a week and I'm still floundering to contextualise it. Is it the champion he picks? Or does he block lanes? I don't get it.

I want you guys to know that I am really considering this and noting your concerns on either side. If I thought it was all too annoying I'd just give in at this point and give the title (because frankly Jdodge will annoy me more than Chaz will), or I'd just say no (because it's less work for me and Flaydog). Instead I'm going to actually hear this one out and really make an informed decision, even if only because I have a feeling Jdodge will be using
this one
as a precedent next.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #395 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Oman »

Will do, MoI, mate. Currently out of the house and it's ANZAC Day on my horizon. But as soon as I have an hour to trawl through bullshit that was that last thread, I'm in.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #417 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Oman »

JDodge you've progressed from "I'm not wrong- You're wrong! Everyone is wrong!" to "If I can't pick the teams I'm taking my ball and going home". And neither of them are flattering personalities. Read the first post, and read that line that's been in here for a long time prior to me. "[Oman is] the current TitleFairy and am the sole judge on who gets a title and what it shall be." That wasn't my idea, I replicated that from mith's posts. She's had that with other fairies. The idea behind it has always been a sole arbiter with discretionary power. The idea is that arbiter acts as a bridge between users and mith/site policy to ensure that while users are having fun and placated, mith's vision for the site is upheld. I don't just randomly make decisions based on my own whims, mate, if I did that I wouldn't be having this conversation because it's too much effort for something that doesn't affect me personally. Honestly, talk to mith, request the job. Come be title fairy and give everyone a title and roll on. Seriously, if mith is happy with you taking the spot with a "just give everyone a title, they're not that important" attitude then I'm all for it! But when mith and I talked as I took this job and wrote policy, he was pretty keen to have both a certain barrier test, and title fairy final approval.

Jdodge wrote:If you personally shoot this down despite the support for it, I'm done with the title system, because it's quite obvious that the power you shouldn't have to begin with has gone to your head.
I've shot down a lot of other titles despite support for them, and I think we're better for it. I could dig through the last two title threads and pull out several titles that were personally shot down despite support as large as this (though maybe not as vocal), and that I am happy that I did. This isn't my jollies, mate, this is something I do to give back to the site admins and members. This isn't for me to giggle as I take away peoples happy titles, it's a secondary duty. The fact that you think that A) the title fairy shouldn't have any discretionary power, and B) that I'm waving mine around to get my rocks off makes you appear so detached from the title community that your rants lack context.

I don't know why you're taking it so personally, plenty of other people have gotten involved in this or similar without being a jerk about it. If you want to threaten and bully and try to push someone around, go elsewhere, I'm not standing for it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #436 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Oman »

RayFrost wrote: Oman (IIRC) himself said "Fat and sassy" describes UT's site personality,
Whut? This is one of those things you want to get right (hint, i didn't).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #507 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:23 am

Post by Oman »

I'm not sure what's worse: Title suggestions involving RC creeping and unicorns, or the fact that he really digs all the attention.

Mediocre, regardless, but whatevs.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #559 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Oman »

JDodge wrote:ouman out of curiosity how long is the waiting process before you decide to put your stamp of approval that you shouldn't have to give over a community process onto a title
Arbitrary, has more to do with when I get a chance to read the thread and ponder, and with Easter and ANZAC Day, and my new unit, I've been flat out. But seriously dude, less childish please.

ReaperCharlie wrote:Seriously though. I am wondering the same thing, especially about titles like:
I've already told people that these are coming and to shut the fuck up about them. You don't need to make yourself any more annoying than you already are.

VP Baltar wrote:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
JDodge wrote: actually, please let me know about all these titles floating around, because that's bullshit too
Did you notice the post two ahead of yours where ReaperCharlie points out 4 such titles?

Again - you personal feelings on this matter aren't really relevant. Sorry that you disagree with Oman and (insofar as I can tell) the administrations stance on the Title Fairy process.

So either take it up with Mith or stop whining.
Well, to be fair, it's not really just JD here. I think a lot of people are pretty displeased with how titling has been going as of late, but many of those people have given up trying to reason in this thread. Also, I don't think it's out of line for him to post a complaint about the titling process in the title fairy thread. My 2 c.
If people have concerns, they can bring them up, I've always been open to thoughts. I know that I haven't given this 100%, and I wont be due to life issues. However, Jdodge isn't complaining in the thread: he and I talked on AIM baout it quite logically. Here he is just being childish. I like Jdodge when he's not trying to make desperate political statements with poorly thought out plans.
buttons wrote:@Oman: I think you need to do a public / loud refresher course on what exactly you think this thread is and how it should work, the endless bitching about what is a good title / venting of every slight has surpassed people spitballin' about titles and has now (imo) pretty much just de-railed any good that could come out of this thread. What was a fun diversion and community building thread is now srs business (and that just sucks).
i have a plan, and it's not what you're thinking, but I do have a thought.

Anyway, at least we're getting some genuine discourse rather than people just whining. Also note that you had a chance to discuss this. You actually had two.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #576 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Oman »

Bella wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Explaining in more detail what I meant (I know, shut up, I keep getting dragged back in. Besides, it's restating my original argument, don't go crazy): What I was saying is that I was agreeing with Oman that titles originated on MafiaScum are fine regardless of context or whether or not it has to do with a specific game but stuff originating on Starcraft, LoL, WoW, etc. for instance is iffy because 99% of the playerbase that sees that title won't get it.
What makes those any different from titles originating in ScumChat?
Scumchat is an inherent part of the site, and I've always argued for that. I'm not arguing that point against LoL or Starcraft, just arguing for scumchizzle.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #663 (isolation #19) » Tue May 10, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Oman »

Can someone explain the bastard comment?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #696 (isolation #20) » Tue May 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Post by Oman »

RC: Why are you so proud of being so...yeah? I mean, lets look at it this way: This is actually a title about how much you ruin everything good. About how we can't have nice things because you shit all over it.

And you want a title for that?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #743 (isolation #21) » Wed May 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by Oman »

TheButtonmen wrote:It helps to make finger quotes when reading "Bastard".

I agree with this. Probably a turning point right here. If you do the quotes sarcastically it works too.

RC this isn't the place for what I want to say to you. I will say that regardless of title (and I'm considering it heavily, it's a good title overall) you're a douchebag.

Kublai Khan wrote:For the record, I think that ReaperCharlie should be disqualified from being titled, at least for a while. I think he's been way too involved in the choosing for his title.

I disagree, I encourage people to get involved in their own titling. I think it's important that a title that is meant to highlight a user's place in the community includes them.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #752 (isolation #22) » Thu May 12, 2011 12:36 am

Post by Oman »

Vi wrote:
Oman: Is Sotty7 That Damn Good yet?
Since it got community approval at least a month ago and everything.

Also can Kublai Khan be Khan Man yet?
Puns and username repetition aside it's the best title suggested for him by a wide margin, there are multiple games where the title suited him very well (that one where he claimed Miller D1 without knowing about being investigated N0, and that one where he killed his scumpartner), and etc.

I'm not sure if the fact that all Kangaskhans are female is a plus or minus for the title.

AIM, an hour or so before this post wrote:
[11:21] UntrodTripod: since that's more my personality onsite
[11:21] omanscum: I'm collecting a few, and when we come to a decision regarding RC's title, I'll post the five or six that I have
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #774 (isolation #23) » Wed May 18, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Oman »

ReaperCharlie for
AlabaskaJr
for sure. He's creepy, threadjacks, hilarious.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #804 (isolation #24) » Wed May 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Oman »

Furclow with
I'll be Frank
or
I'll be Frank with you

I think they're both good.

That's all I'm saying, because otherwise I'll say something horribly, horribly, offensive, and it isn't the place for it. Let it be known that some of you are being ghastly inappropriate (and you know who you are).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #809 (isolation #25) » Fri May 27, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Oman »

Deleted roughly 5 pages of bullshit whining. I offer people my inbox if they want to talk to me about the state of Title Fairy. I'm determined to put more time into it now (although work in exercise period, so don't expect too much on weekends). After talking to mods and friends, I've decided to go more iron fist on this (while being more lighthearted on titles, of course).

What this means for you:
I will be deleting more posts that aren't talking about titles (I reserve complete arbitration on what is and isn't fit to stay). This also means that you should probably PM me complaints more than dumping them in thread, cause I'll probably end up deleting them, and then you'll get all angry and shit. I'm also going to try to improve the service (however not in the "Democracy tribunal" or "new Fairy" way).
Finally, this is my last shot, giving it new blood and some effort. If I can't provide the title service that you guys want this time, I'll talk to mith about someone else giving you what you're after. Partly this is because I super want you guys and the site to get from this what you need, and partly because I'm sick to death of this thread being a dumping ground for dead personalities and pointless arguments.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #810 (isolation #26) » Fri May 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Approved Titles Bitches!

Sotty7
That Damn Good

Chesskid
Princeton's Pride

RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
(Does this have staying power? It was funny)
nocase
Hot Streak

I'm sure I missed one or two (I read back thirty pages on the old thread, let me know what I've dropped)

RC does not get a title right now because I just spend the better part of an hour deleting his shit from this thread (he's not the only one, but he's the only one that otherwise had a title coming). Yes this is probably petty punishment, but a little time in the naughty corner would be good for you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #825 (isolation #27) » Sat May 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Oman »

Oh yeah!

Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

I really like the "I'll be Frank" run, let's keep that going!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #871 (isolation #28) » Sun May 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Oman »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:What about[...]

Copy:

Moving to the front page:
MagnaofIllusion
Has Been Killed Night 1

Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
(We'd gone through this enough too, sorry I forgot it twice Vi)

Under discussion:
Faraday
Mistaken of all Accounts / ...should I be here?/ deviations
Which one do you guys want to progress with?
Furcolow
Frank and deviations
As I said, I like this idea a lot, we just need to flesh these out.

Khan, not really feeling the IS stuff, but yeah, he is awesome!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #874 (isolation #29) » Sun May 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Post by Oman »

I'd prefer to leave Paragon of Mafia Hunters as a scummy title, and simply make reference. I'm not happy with the title system working as a "bypass" of the scummies. I've thought about this since Vi's title, and I felt that was unique (at the time, at least). Feel free to call me out.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #901 (isolation #30) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Mute wrote:Whatever happened to "take it to PM's; this isn't a thread to shit on others?"

No Chaz has a decent point, one that takes longer to consider than this post.

I need to think on this, obviously, but I want Chaz to know I take him seriously, and I want the others to know I understand their defence.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #903 (isolation #31) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:29 am

Post by Oman »

Righto, hold up. I think we've had a lot of strong discussion on this, but we're going to go downhill. If you have more to add on this, PM me.

That is: this discussion is done in thread, I'll have a response within 48 hours. However, very very open to PMs from dudes and dudettes.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #912 (isolation #32) » Tue May 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Oman »

Mr. Flay wrote:I like NordIC much better than anything w/"Beard" for Thor. I know Oman doesn't usually go in for puns, but that one's an instant classic.

I agree.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #932 (isolation #33) » Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by Oman »

NordIC Wisdom?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #975 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Oman »

mastin2 wrote:Speaking of which,
Nominate Scummies for the title of "Tourist"

It just bugs me to see the Scummies as a Townsperson rather than the Tourist they used to be. I can't be the only one.

Is this really that big an issue. I understand one person getting a little neurotic, but all the other people supporting it?

RC, you're making nonsense posts again, stop it, you're not funny enough to support it.

However, you make a valid (if not good) point about Nordic v Norse. I personally don't care, I wonder if Thor does?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #978 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:27 am

Post by Oman »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Oman wrote:Is this really that big an issue. I understand one person getting a little neurotic, but all the other people supporting it?

I'm not 'neurotic' about it, but there's no reason NOT to give a purpose-built account a special title. It's basically
mith's tool
for...
wait.

(yes, I'm kidding)

I'm not against it, I'm just surprised.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1013 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Post by Oman »

Deleted posts by RC, Gandalf, Chesskid. I'm seeing a pattern...

I don't think reviewing games beats empking's Alt's Alt.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1018 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Post by Oman »

chesskid3 wrote:why was that delete worthy?

It was just an insult packed with +1s, based off an entirely off topic comment. So I deleted the Off Topic BS and the retaliatory comment, and the +1s. If you have any further issue, please PM me.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1033 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Oman »

Ythan wrote:If RC eventually gets a title there are much more notable reasons than the fact that he pretended to be a girl.

If I had my way, personally, ReaperCharlie would get
The Big C
because he is a cancer on this site, and then lots of other reasons like CreeperCharlie and the fact that he is a C-bomb.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1043 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by Oman »

Mute wrote:Is it safe to say?
Normally I reserve that only for use on the cuntiest of people. No one here is a cunt to me.

Not board censored, but you don't go around dropping it on people that are offended.

Oh and it must be at least 6 words away from "nonny'.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1047 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:25 am

Post by Oman »

Quilford wrote:
Oman wrote:Abuse of the ability to suggest titles, by suggesting insulting, or otherwise frivolous titles will result in that user's privilege being removed.

Time to hand in your resignation?

Not the intent of the rule.

But I get your point, and this is one of those times were I let my personal investments get in the way of my professional investments.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1054 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Post by Oman »

Instead of talking about Cunts and Laughs, we should probably talk some more about
NordIC
vs
MythIC
. I'm not a huge fan of MythIC on it's own, as it's not really specific enough.

People should talk to me about it though.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1066 (isolation #42) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Oman »

I don't really dig the MythIC love. I'm not hating on it, or veteoing it, just making the comment that I don't know where it is coming from.

Can anyone suggest a good follow on to MythIC? Or are we going for the word alone?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1144 (isolation #43) » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Post by Oman »

Mr. Flay wrote:I don't think that's a precedent we want to start. "Sorry" conveys it just fine.

Especially the animated ones. Oh God!

I much prefer things like Loophole and Safecracker that are a description as opposed to a conversation (i.e. Screw the rules, etc). I understand this is probably personal preference, and it's only a guide, I mean I love "GD is my wingman" and stuff like that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1165 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Oman »

Focus, people. I know that number 2 is shiny as fuck, but lets not get distracted.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1186 (isolation #45) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:45 am

Post by Oman »

Cleaning this up, and I'll bring some word of god onto the thread once I get home from my
drunken escapades
holiday.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1195 (isolation #46) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Oman »

Something I mentioned in chat:

Does
The Devil in the Details
add anything (other than another word)?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1205 (isolation #47) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Oman »

Mr. Flay wrote:Nominate RC for

This is quite good.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1219 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:17 am

Post by Oman »

populartajo wrote:please tell me this is possible as a title
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16779

or a link to that thred as a title

faly, is it possible?

Prob not a precedent I'd jump on. Not sure how it affects bandwith.

That would be great though.

And RC, this is probably the only time I actually give a shit about your opinion. Use it wisely.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1223 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Oman »

Okay, this weekend is the next round of cleanups and discussions.

Final times for these titles:
Faraday
Mistaken of/on All Accounts / Should I Be Here?
etc
Furcolow
To Be Frank
and it's deviations
Thor
NordIC/MythIC
etc
Scummies (if you're keen)
nacho's
Devil in the Details

Any I've missed, tell me. Other than that if your opinion is in the thread, please don't just reiterate it or quote it. I WILL be rereading the thread to get your opinions, and I have been reading along, so there is no need for doubling up.

Will also be cleaning up the deadposts as usual.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1246 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by Oman »

mastin2 wrote:
Ythan wrote:
nominate Nobody Special for It's Midnight Somewhere
Context?

NS posts creepy stuff after midnight. Well, that was the idea originally, then it just became all the time.

I didn't really do the whole story justice, and this title is not bad.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1254 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Post by Oman »

xRECKONERx wrote:
nth It's Midnight Somewhere

As long as TPTB + NS are okay with such a...delicate issue being used for a title.

No less delicate than yours, from a community standpoint. Though it's down to NS.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1275 (isolation #52) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Oman »

Going to the Front Page:

Faraday
...Should I Be Here?

Basically I liked the "mistaken" ones, but it wasn't enough of an issue that when Faraday weighed in I had any intention of going against his preference.

Furcolow
To Be Frank

I like the length, it's got a great flow, highlights both the joke and the play reference etc etc. I think we've been on this long enough.

Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details

Pretty well received overall.

DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...

Not my favourite title, but DH digs it, others dig it.

EDIT: NobodySpecial
It's Midnight Somewhere

Discussion continues on:

Thor
NordIC/MythIC
etc
If I made a decision now, it would probably make a lot of people feel like I've made the wrong decision, and I don't like that as a barometer. I would love to push this into a compromise though, if one can be reached without ruining the title.
How do people feel about
NordIC Myth
? Be advised that if I made a decision today, it would be
MythIC Beard
or just
NordIC

Scummies
And the Me Goes To...
I like this, anyone got a real issue. Khan, I considered what you were saying about the Scummies, and I think that it's lighthearted enough that giving it a fun title adds to it, while a rare enough account that we're not overbearing anything. Considering the Scummies' mix of professional recognition and goofy community, a title seems like a good opportunity to add to them (because really, that's what titles are professionalism and goof).

Mute
Anything But
Not bad. Hard road getting to it, but worth a chat.

Sharkfinn
Hammerhead
I really don't dig this. That said there is a pretty big push behind it. I merely ask if this has any sort of staying power, or was it just a fad? There are so many titles being suggested for hammering or hammerers.

Mastin/2
things about tiny text
Don't encourage this, guys.

Also deleted a lot of posts. Deal with that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1312 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by Oman »

Deleted a few scatter posts to refocus the topic.

RC I've easily deleted more of your posts than anyone else. This thread is becoming more and more focused on relevance. Please try to keep it on rails.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1314 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:22 am

Post by Oman »

You're a good man, and I really appreciate your work.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1349 (isolation #55) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Post by Oman »

Can someone explain this smurf event?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1352 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:42 am

Post by Oman »

Ythan wrote:
Nobody Special wrote:So, when Thor i playing mafia, and he quotes someone else, if they've used profanity, he substitutes "SMURF" for every swear word.

So I thought it fitting.

Cheers, I missed that.

I can dig it. I wanna hear some more on it first, especially considering that this will replace your beard puns, people.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1354 (isolation #57) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:56 am

Post by Oman »

No. I don't. I really don't.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1404 (isolation #58) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Oman »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Also, thank you all for the title! I was surprised when it popped up, but I do like it.

Looks good on you :D
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1515 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Oman »

Thor - gets
Papa Smurf
. This is for a few reasons: one is that minimalism in titles is sexy, but the rest are about Thor. Basically, no matter what I say I'm going to piss someone off here, and I think this discussion has gone on too long for there NOT to be a decision. Papa Smurf is a great title, it has a nice flow, it's funnny, and nacho's stretching even made a beard reference out of it. MythIC was a close second, and Beard of Wisdom was so far down the list that it was on another page.
zito wrote:Poor Thor. People love him so much he'll never get a title.
This is the other option. Of course.

Seraphim - I don't dig the matyr/angel suggestions. Skrew's idea of
SleepyKrew wrote:Seraphim deserves a title.
is invalid. I honestly don't buy that a title is inherently better than not-title.

silverbullet - Yeah I dig the MSnet Adventures (for those who don't get it, it's a reference to "MSpaint Adventures". Google it). I think it's a great title. Someone disagree, I know you're out there.
korts wrote:Also I suggest that title suggestions based in Forum 62 activity be handled with care, as it necessarily excludes a part of the userbase from getting the reference.
Ohshit. Not this. Okay, yes it's true that almost any title will apply only to a section of the community (those not playing newbies won't get Thor being a good IC, those not in mishmash won't get....a mishmash title - I'm obviously not a masher), and I don't think that Forum 62 is a big this. This is kind of like the Fat and Sassy argument again.

Mastin2 - I don't see the need to give a secondary account like that a title. I dunno, it's just not anything special. I'm glad mastin recognises that it's not necessary.

Hohum -
ReaperCharlie wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:avatar based titles are wrong and the work of the devil. etc

Not always. Some are great. Plus, plenty already exist.

And if it's a past avatar, that lends a little to the inside-joke-ness of it.

I personally like most avatar-based titles I've seen, unless they're
shamefully
redundant.

No, it makes it outdated and irrelevant. Titles should be accessible, not an inside joke made even more obscure over time. The fact that some exist doesn't lend credence to your argument, either.

Really, Uncle Potbear is getting laughs? What the hell, folks?

Korts - For those unaware, Korts requested his title removed.
Luddite
is great IMO. Anyone got concerns? Korts?

Ani - Okay I like the idea of us changing up the numbers. If it does change, it will be 75.9% so we can stop just posting numbers everywhere now. Instead let's discuss the concept. I mean, if we take it to it's endstate it will be 0, where do we go from there? And the other thing is as it progresses lower, it stops being anything special. Having such a high Noise:Signal was his shtick, 50% ain't special. I am feeling that if it does change the numbers, it will happen ONCE. I don't think this is going to be a regular game.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1529 (isolation #60) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Oman »

ReaperCharlie wrote:A lot of the capitalization in recent titles is b0rked.

Here is: Currently -> Fixed

Magna:
Has Been Killed Night 1
->
has been killed Night 1

Faraday:
...Should I Be Here?
->
...should I be here?

Also, this one is improperly written, and has been for years:

Kast:
tl,dr;
->
tl;dr

Also, whatever happened to
Hammerhead
for SharkFinn?

Make it happen, Cap'n!

What is your major malfunction, kid? Seriously, do you not understand when shit just isn't going your way? Sometimes things don't work out perfectly for little Charles, and when that happens you don't complain and fight it every goddamn post until everybody breaks down and buys you your icecream, you shut up and say "you know maybe there is a BIGGER PICTURE than what I want".

Get over yourself, dude.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1545 (isolation #61) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Oman »

My problem isn't whether RC is right or wrong, my problem is that he is constantly whining that things aren't as he wants them. There isn't any step in his OODA loop that says "I might be wrong".

Yes, there are aesthetic issues that we may disagree on, or that I didn't consider. It's worth noting that I've just by default posted titles in proper case except where asked (soundtracker, etc). And if you think a divergence from that is a good idea, I can totally buy that. I can get behind things changing (especially on something that I didn't really make a positive decision on, I just did it because it was
Shea
the status quo), but what I can't get behind is RC's relentless habit of saying "things are wrong, fix it."

I'm not sure how many of them I left, but in the last clean-up and the one preceding it, I deleted several posts that were just RC quoting a suggestion for Thor and adding
Beard
with no other consideration. Or a post that had legitimate thought and his only addition would be "Beard of Wisdom is obviously better". RC has constantly shown that he doesn't produce quality discussion or thoughtful input, he just pushes his own agenda and fuck anyone that doesn't agree.

RC wrote:A lot of the capitalization in recent titles is b0rked.

Here is: Currently -> Fixed
No, you are making a suggestion, things are not "broken" by definition just because you disagree with them. If you have input, I'm all ears, but don't tell me how things are going to shoot, especially not with
RC wrote:Make it happen, Cap'n!

And Vi (and anyone who is concerned), please, never worry about provoking me when you make your posts, I need people like you and the other goodposters to keep me in check, and I always dig your input.

I'm going to calm down, expect a decision on capitalisation to come through within about 27-30 hours.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1547 (isolation #62) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Oman »

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1554 (isolation #63) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:33 am

Post by Oman »

hohum wrote:I'm actually kind of sad that oman vetoed my title but I expected that to happen. Maybe I'll get nom'd for a funnier one in 6 more years.

I haven't vetoed it at all. I just don't get why everyone else dug it so hard.

I kinda like it, I just don't ever approve within a week, really.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1556 (isolation #64) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Oman »

Posts deleted.

All of you, especially Vi and tajo, need to cut that shit out, immediately.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1572 (isolation #65) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Oman »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Magua wrote:On the subject of fixing titles, I re-propose that MagnaofIllusions's
Has Been Killed Night 1
be changed to
was killed Night 1
to fit in with the usual flavor of death scenes.

Oman doesn't listen to smart people. Only people that suck up to him.

But that's true of almost anyone in positions of "power", soooo

I listen to Vi, and Vi and I almost never agree. Please stop posting bullshit like it's truthery, you're making MS look bad.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1586 (isolation #66) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Oman »

When I come home drunk, i don't want to yell at oyu people. I don't know why but I tend to ylove Ythan, however, he has this horrible skill at getting people to try to antagonise mhim. Then he antagonises back..

Dude,s chicks, join hands. Kumbaya Image

I'll probably delete this later, but while it's here:
Ythan wrote:No not everyone.
Semantics are for douchebags. HEY EVERYONE: Quit being dicsk.s We're all friends, right, at least we're better than...some other website.

LEts all be bros abnd broettes!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1778 (isolation #67) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:46 am

Post by Oman »

Oman is very limited access due to work stuff.

Max three days then I should have serious time off, but tomorrow I'm dedicating half an hour to cleaning this up.

Expect that I will bring the pain...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1783 (isolation #68) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:06 am

Post by Oman »

I feel like a father. You're all my children and I want you all to grow up into something that your mother (Elvis_Knits, obviously) can be proud of, and yet some of you smoke and get blind drunk (Reck), bring home whores (Ythan), or just shoot yourselves full of heroin and roll around in shit before coming to the dinner table (RC). The I have to lay the smackdown, and it hurts me more than it hurts you.

In the last ten pages a lot has happened. A lot.

Internet Stranger
Parody of Mafia Hunters
or
Paragon of Paragons
. Great, I like it, it's got a nice feel to it. They're all great.

Hiraki - I dunno, I don't really dig the whole "They say it a lot, and so it should be their title." It's boring.

People saying that wetting down dog food is a bad idea doesn't understand anything about dogs. Neither here nor there.

Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Great...just great. This is kind of why I'm sticking with you kids.

Neruz titles are terrible. Horribly, amazingly, shockingly, terrible.

Chevre's titles are mostly bad, the off one is horrible and one or two was just mediocre. I might just be liking the bite of Chevre's Thread too much, but I really like Chevre's Title. Also, Gender-bender titles are now boring.

Now I'm to delete a bunch of posts and try not to be so soul-crushed over all this threadshitting, but from this last batch of BS:

Ythan, you really need to stop baiting. I know you're snarky, every knows you're quick witted, and too often I agree with you on a personal level. Unfortunately you really don't add anything to the thread when you're taking potshots, and part of keeping this thread clean and professional is ceasing the snarky posts. Someone posts something dumb, you jump in with the (again, too often correct) witty berating, and then like four people bite. You know they're gonna bite, stop baiting the hook, dude.

Those of you who are posting goofy shit sometimes: I merely ask that it's focused. Half of you are posting just different opinions on titles, and different thoughts that I don't agree with (i.e. bad titles) this is totally cool. The other half of you are posting dumdum pictures and firing blanks at each other across your pillow forts. Keep to part one, dudes, and we'll all be friends. Step on part two, and well...

RC, you have a really bad habit of spamming. I've told you not to do it. I've told you that I'm not happy with it, and I've told you that I'm ready to take action. Two weeks. Think about what you've done. I hope some time out improves your focus. See you 7th August.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1887 (isolation #69) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Post by Oman »

Needs more progression:

Korts -
Luddite
We need to close the loop on this. Korts are you happy with this? You said it was too straightforward but there wasn't any other progression on it. I guess there are two options now, take it, or leave it. Unless the others want to put in more...

Internet Stranger -
Parody/Paragon
Yeah I wanna see more on this if it's going to happen. At least deliniating between the two.

Chevre -
Chevre's Title/Survivor something
Not going to happen without a bigger consensus.

AlmasterGM -
Nuclear Launch Detected
Not bad. I'd give it in it's current state. MAD is good, but the MAD games were Flay's (as stated). If someone could get a good Dr Strangelove in the there I'd definitely go for that one.

Going through:

Magna -
has been killed Night 1

Faraday -
...should I be here?
Case fixes, against these don't really bother me either way.
Kast -
tl;dr
Punctuation.

Hohum -
Uncle Potbear
Vi said it best. This is one of those "yup that's USERX alright"

Gammagooey -
Glad Hatter
good.

Edit: Dudes, I'm really sorry about my absence. Exercise is over, so I should be back in the game.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1899 (isolation #70) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Oman »

Skrew I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but if it's that IS is a bad player, you're making it poorly.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1925 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Oman »

mastin2 wrote:
I'll support the syntax fix. Many mods strongly prefer the colon to be in place to make sure the vote still counts.
I really don't think it's that critical, to be honest. This is one of those things where I'm Cassandra.

Regards Reck's: I really don't think we're getting anywhere changing it to 62. Not only that, but I think it's still really valid. Reck getting drunk, gay, and laid was an amazing part of his/our history. Removing it for the sake of it seems wholly arbitrary.

That said if something more relevant/funny is suggested, I'm always happy with it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1945 (isolation #72) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 am

Post by Oman »

Not sure if trolling, or just RC.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1971 (isolation #73) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Oman »

Yes, Yosarian's. Cheers. I just knew it was someone who used to be cool :P
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1992 (isolation #74) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:50 am

Post by Oman »

Wasn't Capital Punishment brought around the first time. And this title was designed around an emoticon joke.

Look, without being a dick, I've got better things to do then RE:Review every decision that's make 5 months down the track. Can we all still stop hating on titlles that we nominated just a few short months earlier. It's pisssing me off.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2001 (isolation #75) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:48 am

Post by Oman »

Neruz wrote:
Oman wrote:Wasn't Capital Punishment brought around the first time.

Don't think so, if so you never addressed it.

I just feel like I've seen it before. Title deja vu maybe.

Ah, Neon Genesis Orca Title Fairy. That's where I've seen it.

Anyway, Capital Punishment > CAPTIAL PUNISHMENT for several reasons. The first is that it's prettier and less abrasive (and yes Umbrage, sometimes not being abrasive is a good thing) and the other is that the title references the caps lock thing in the words. It doesn't add anything by being in caps. One of those "less is more" situations.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2033 (isolation #76) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:25 am

Post by Oman »

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not your monkey.

Also, I'm trying to get Oman permission to implement his own damn titles.

I'm happy for you to work on that instead, so long as it progresses.

And Skrew, Flay works goddamn hard, don't even think about ordering him around. I don't care if you're just trying to be funny, respect is the key word.

That Guy
is a horrible title. It's transient, it's based off something so far removed from normal interaction. TrollLoL is all well and good, and he yelled at some people, it made him a douchebag and JD called him out on it. Jesus if we gave everyone a title after JD called them out we'd have about 2 "mafia scum" left.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2037 (isolation #77) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 pm

Post by Oman »

Mr. Flay wrote:
Oman wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:I'm not your monkey.

Also, I'm trying to get Oman permission to implement his own damn titles.

I'm happy for you to work on that instead, so long as it progresses.

Didn't work in today's Easy Method; will require a bit of a forum mod instead.

For now, first post titles are implemented.

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the legwork you're putting in for me and the other dudes.

You're a champion, as always.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2048 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:46 am

Post by Oman »

SleepyKrew wrote:
Oman wrote:bring home whores (Ythan)

[...]

Ythan, you really need to stop baiting. I know you're snarky, every knows you're quick witted, and too often I agree with you on a personal level. Unfortunately you really don't add anything to the thread when you're taking potshots, and part of keeping this thread clean and professional is ceasing the snarky posts. Someone posts something dumb, you jump in with the (again, too often correct) witty berating, and then Plike four people bite. You know they're gonna bite, stop baiting the hook, dude.

What happened to this? You slapped Ythan on the wrist once and he went right back to baiting and being snarky. You tempbanned RC from the Title thread for pointing out mistakes too often or something, why are you turning a blind eye to this?

I have made my decisions, if you have an issue with them, please feel free to PM me like an adult and I will take them up with you like an adult. However, I do not have any obligation to explain myself to anyone but mith, so if you want to talk to me, then it's a
courtesy
if one I'm happy to extend to you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2049 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Oman »

Deleted a few posts.

Wanna bring up conversation RE:
Chevre's Title
I think it's excellent. I really think that nails what a title is. Self-explanatory, anyone who's seen the thread (which is anyone on 62) gets it instantly, it brings a smile, it's simple and it not intrusive. However, ears are open, dudes.

Chamber is working on my admin rights throughout the last few days, and I won't be taking any action until that resolves either way, but then I'll do a standard approval/immediate implementation of however many titles we get.

EDIT: One addition too, can people stop taking things I wrote in other contexts and throwing them at each other like pies in a clown show? I write things to be appropriate to that moment, not to weeks/months later. The only thing that has ever actually made sense to me is when people quote the rules. For some reason I've seen that one passage on Ythan quoted by about 5 different people now. Also, I'm fully aware that you retards are going to quote this any time someone else quotes anything. And let me pre-emptively say that you're not funny.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2055 (isolation #80) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Oman »

Fate gets Capital Punishment.

And I can now do titles.

Everyone thank Flay for doing that for far longer than he should've. Cheers mate.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2062 (isolation #81) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Post by Oman »

Fate wrote:So...

I am the first?

THE FIRST TITLE EVER GIVEN OUT BY THE NEW POWERED UP OMAN?

EHAHWHAWHHAWAAAAAAAAAA

Technically your title was only edited, not created anew.

So uhh, being the first
use
abuse of my power is debatable, but you're definitely the first one I did on my lonesome.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2080 (isolation #82) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Oman »

I don't mind the idea of retitling EK, but to be honest, the amount of funny names and stories about men probably warrants something more general.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2163 (isolation #83) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Oman »

Vi hit the biggest point for me already:

Vi wrote:"Professor Paragon" has a nice alliterative ring to it. As long as the title sounds as good or better than that, I can settle for anything.

Flow, and feeling. Mafiatica or Encyclopedia Mafioso or the like sound a lot clunkier, and don't read nearly as nicely as anything else. Professor Paragon has the history and the flow to keep it at the top of my list.

Note that this is pretty much the only thing Vi and I have agreed on in forever :D
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2178 (isolation #84) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Oman »

Vi
However You Want

Sometimes it's nice to pretend not to be fairy.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2198 (isolation #85) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Post by Oman »

Kinetic for cockblocker
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2201 (isolation #86) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Oman »

I'll clean up the rest of the thread soon, as well. Just needed to get that one out there.

For anyone that needs context: Kinetic blocked a game from going ahead because it contained porn. A picture of a penis, to be exact (and I will be). So yes, for blocking the cock, he is the Cockblocker. Or just Cockblock. They're both good.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2207 (isolation #87) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 2293, Vi wrote:I don't think the title makes sense without the cock.

...I didn't just post that.

I agree with this

Also: Cocks

But yeah if you want to self-moderate that I'll take a look.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2212 (isolation #88) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Post by Oman »

<3 I would've done it out of the goodness of my heart.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2222 (isolation #89) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Oman »

I think all of the ones without specifically the word cock are neutered and just sound really flaccid.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2327 (isolation #90) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Oman »

Looks good. Obviously waiting for Kinetic to jump in, maybe let it run a little while then go through.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2331 (isolation #91) » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Oman »

Cockblocker is much better, but Kinetic made a choice, and I respect him enough to roll with it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2428 (isolation #92) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Post by Oman »

Dealing with Shea's as we speak. Just wanna run through some things first.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2455 (isolation #93) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Oman »

Cat in a Rage
is the cat bit referring to anime?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2459 (isolation #94) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:52 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 2458, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:"even despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage".

I know my pumpkins. I like it, it seems to have a big following. I'll leave another 24hrs for people to hate on it, then if nothing I'll implement it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2466 (isolation #95) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm pretty sure blank is possible...
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2491 (isolation #96) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:45 am

Post by Oman »

Drench had a cute crush on Cayke, and it was adorable. And I don't blame him for wanting it removed :P

Anyway, cleaning this up tomorrow.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2514 (isolation #97) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 2511, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 2510, Umbrage wrote:No. There are too many people on this site that have schtick of "I'm a guy but I say I'm a girl/have a girl avvy!". It's one of the reasons I changed my Elle Woods avatar, I didn't want to be thought of as one of those people. If we give a title to chevre for it, we'd have to give 10 other people similar titles.

This. Plus the great gender bend of 2010.

Let's not throw around words like "great". Even "good" is a stretch here.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2517 (isolation #98) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:21 am

Post by Oman »

I usually leave title suggestions up regardless of how bad they are...but you're testing me.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2584 (isolation #99) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Oman »

In post 2581, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:As for Singer, she was being RATHER RUDE to DH, and Grey had something he wanted to say. -shrug-

Who is Grey that I keep hearing about?

And no she wasn't being rude, she was being accurate. She has posted the closest to how I feel about the issue so far.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2587 (isolation #100) » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Oman »

Actually, this is a discussion forum. I just moderate and make decisions. Singer was perfectly within her rights, and now you are the person who is hassling someone who has done nothing wrong.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2629 (isolation #101) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Oman »

In post 2604, singersigner wrote:Ummm...

(mO)dtimized?

or
m(O)dtimized?

I don't think I've ever actually suggested a title before...don't judge me...

For future ref, read these aloud. They sound like sodomised :P

In post 2626, yabbaguy wrote:(O)ptimized with a Z and the parentheses is good, and although I'm very fond about everything I've done, no mention to my other modded games or Best IC is necessary.

I'm happy to accept as-is. Thanks all. :]

That's pretty much the decision.

Any opposition: Speak now or forever blah blah
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2636 (isolation #102) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Oman »

(O)ptimized
is in clean. Shifting the graphic worked too. Awesome.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2637 (isolation #103) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Post by Oman »

Worth discussion: How many people out there feel that I should drop my current title as it's quite old?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2655 (isolation #104) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Oman »

Hey guys, welcome back from the reset:

If anyone has lost a title that was previously approved and they want it back, PM me please.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2659 (isolation #105) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by Oman »

No, because that is stupid and I'm sick of it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2698 (isolation #106) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Post by Oman »

I don't really dig the Psoon stuff that hard. I'll think about it. It definitely won't just be a repeat of the username with a slight variation, that's dumb and everyone that thought of it doesn't understand titles. There is no psoon is pretty shitty too, but less aesthetically shitty.

What was Tierce hand in the caching and recovery?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2719 (isolation #107) » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Oman »

In post 2709, redFF wrote:Anyway because it was lost in the crash nominate Amrun for
"You cAmrun but you can't hide"

I hated this the first time. Let's leave it crashed and just move on.

In post 2703, Chevre wrote:Twistedspoon's could just be something simple, like "Mafia cSum" or something. :P

Probably the best one so far. It doesn't repeat the username, it doesn't have a wild matrix reference appear. Good sorts!

In post 2716, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 2698, Oman wrote:What was Tierce hand in the caching and recovery?

Tierce was the driving force behind getting all the games archived from Google cache. She did most of the legwork for it as well and organized other scummers to help out while keeping a list and managing several different threads to coordinate the effort.

That's awesome, I'd be honoured to have the title reference that as a bit of a thank you to Tierce. Cache Me If You Can is...alright. The pun isn't terrible, and it's got decent flow. I'm willing to hear more on it though.

I've already said that I'm reinstating titles for those three that I know of, including Xalxe, you can stop making jokes about how you don't know how to pronounce his username now.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2764 (isolation #108) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Oman »

In post 2763, saulres wrote:Nah. If it were a real nomination it should be
my Grammar is pretty well

Except that wasn't what he said.

Titles are very fickle, guys, the more you play with them, the more likely they are to break. I think that's what happened with TwistedSpoon's overall.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2781 (isolation #109) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 2778, redFF wrote:Oman deletes trollish title suggestions is my guess.

Oman is being pretty handy with the delete button these days. If I let it go on then it just piles up and up and up. Also editing posts to remove chunks if I feel there are nuggets of gold in an otherwise shitty post. EDIT: Seriously, don't take it personally.

Welcome to the new and involved Title Fairy. Abuse of power, etc etc, but at least now chamber stops saying shit about me to my face.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2787 (isolation #110) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm not a total killjoy, especially when I find stuff funny.

Hopefully this shows that I understand the difference between fun and shitposting, I actually want you guys to have fun in/with this thread, I'm just very cautious of too many posts ruining the focus.

EDIT: Accidentally split a very solid post by Flay:

Mr Flay wrote:They're also both nominated for the increasingly-inaccurately-named Name Should Be In Orange award, but for me at least, this REALLY put them on the map for me (esp. Feysal). I think that is one way to earn a good title.

Sorry dude!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2788 (isolation #111) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Post by Oman »

Tierce gets
Cache Me If You Can

Feysal gets
Gotta Cache 'Em All
the moment he gives it the nod.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2815 (isolation #112) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 2799, Feysal wrote:
Not to be an ingrate, but I'm obliged to say no.

It's your prerogative, bro. I'm just here to facilitate, it's your title.

In post 2799, Feysal wrote:The problem is that people would likely catch the Pokémon reference first, and that has nothing to do with me. To give a short anecdote, the only bit of Pokémon anime I ever saw consisted of a few seconds, where this girl whose name I never even knew was walking in the woods. "The forest is full of frolicking pokémons!" she said. "This is not for me!" I agreed, and walked away, though it had as much to do with the Finnish-language dubbing as it did with the series itself.

I...I really like this. I understand where you're coming from and I totally back your decision.

Feysal wrote:From what I can tell, I have recovered pages of maybe half the number of games Tierce has. I feel my main contribution to the recovery effort has been keeping track of who has what, and especially in repairing pages cached by Google and sharing the method for doing that. You know, parsing. That may not be so easy to craft puns from though. I gave it a shot, and what I came up with was something completely different.
"Crafting puns" for a title is a quick road to a shitty title, so don't let that hold you back. There is a title there, as the guys are currently chasing, so let's look forward.

Thanks for being really straightforward and great about this process too. You're a good guy.

I really like
Oscar Goldman
. It's that nice mix of accessibility and personality.

saulres' titles aren't grabbing me, they all seem really vague/not quite him, or they talk about something completely different.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2874 (isolation #113) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by Oman »

Abuse of power! Posts deleted like that.

Anyway, I don't really dig either of the two suggestions. Trekker's is kind of dumb and
Saulures'
Feysal's are just a bunch of ideas based around scrying, which is already a reach in an of itself. I don't mind Scrying as an idea, but you only get one reach in each title.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2893 (isolation #114) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:43 am

Post by Oman »

I dislike
Ceiling Cat
for reasons dropped in the crash, I dislike
Omnipresent
because it doesn't have any depth.

Otterly Everywhere
has that layer, but isn't that solid in itself. I also like that it doesn't rely on the pun. The reference is more in the "everywhere" than in "Otterly". In any case, I still don't think it's the best we can get out of it.

I recommend trying to burn tangents, see where else you can take it than cats, otters, and everywhere. But hey, I'm not your father.

EDIT: Destroyed some posts, only like 5 though, you guys are getting better at not chasing your own tails.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2897 (isolation #115) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by Oman »

I think you're onto a good idea with Guardian Angel. Not that the title itself stands out to me, but something that says Omnipresent without a cat reference. Good start SKrew.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2915 (isolation #116) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Oman »

Godly
?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2964 (isolation #117) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 2981, Nexus wrote:That said, if Amrun's happy with it, suggesting alternatives seems like a waste of time.

I disagree entirely. You see I think titles are a delicate balance between what a user wants and what the community wants. A user wanting something doesn't validate a bad title (in accordance with TF policy/decisions) otherwise we'd just run user-set titles and be done with this charade. That said, I've been very clear on users being happy with what they get.

The philosophy is that I will use the user's opinion as a tiebreaker and the final "approval process" for a title, but it is not the only line-of-defence, so to speak. A good example is Brandi's title (which I still haven't restored, fuckshit) wherein she made the call on the spelling, I've also let users suggest/dictate the punctuation or capitalisation. However, in this case, I'm certainly not sold on
PostPostPost
and while I haven't rejected it in my mind, I'm certainly not saying "well if Amrun's cool with it, whatevs."
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2997 (isolation #118) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 3027, Kcdaspot wrote:Izak for
I have P:MS

Saw it coming, really not a fan. Not the least of which is because I don't like First Person titles that much.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3033 (isolation #119) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:46 am

Post by Oman »

Support acknowledged, no more required. The fact that I have to delete a bunch of shots doesn't put me in the right mood. Interested to hear from anyone *against* the title.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3035 (isolation #120) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:15 am

Post by Oman »

In post 3033, Oman wrote:Support acknowledged, no more required.

Reading is tech.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3104 (isolation #121) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by Oman »

I agree with Ythan's last post. It's funny, it's great, but it looks terrible.

Anyway, long weekend, will clean up, administrate and (finally) return the missing titles when I get home.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3248 (isolation #122) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 am

Post by Oman »

Brandi (finally) gets hers back.
Papa Zito (FINALLY!) picks his up.
DarthYoshi gets his in due course.

Usually I say "if you have a problem, you know where to find me" but this time I'm saying: Ton of posts deleted, eat a bag of dicks.

To best describe how I feel about that stupid goddamn argument- I guess it's best to just describe my thought process as I read through the posts:
"Wait, What?"
"Is this a troll?"
"I don't quite-"
"Oh...Oh fuck you."
"Kiss my entire arsehole. Fuck you guys."
"Why did I stay on as Title Fairy?"

I am so disappointed about how most of the people posting here treated Flay and Kison during that discussion. It's motherfucking Flay, who pretty much ran this shop with very limited scope from an admin perspective, keeping it afloat
while
modding games and generally kicking arse in GD and 62, and motherfucking Kison, who runs this shop from the backend (heh, "backend") doing all the code and 1s and 0s and shit. When the site fell over, he (with a small team of cachers and quick hands from the rest of the team) got this thing up and running. Panda has told me about how Kison delays his drinking sessions with her so that he can back up the site, sacrificing his fun to keep this place stable. Show some fucking gratitude! When he says "it's not worth the intellectual and physical effort for such minimal gain" the correct answer is NOT "LOL IF PARAMA DOESN'T WANT IT, END OF DISCUSSION, NIGGA".

Parama, you had this thing about not wanting a title. Okay, whatever, we all have our jams, and I'm not your father, so whatever. Then you had the April Fools joke of "give me a title", and now THIS. You come off as an attention whore, desperate and annoying. It's so frustrating to see the kickback that came out of that frivolous request, because Flay and Kison give legitimate returns to what is essentially "HEY LOOK, I'M SPECIAL!", giving you more credit than deserved, and then get bitten for it.

Beyond what respect they deserve, think about it from a technical side: Flay and Kison are the primary legwork for the site's aesthetic. Honestly the only reason I can EMPLOY titles is because they made it
so painfully easy for me to do so.
If they say that it's more trouble than it's worth to do it, I totally agree. I went through and took a look at how it'd be done, and my god it would be the most pitiful return on investment, especially when those dudes are doing an almost COMPLETE site overhaul of structure and command chain.

Honestly, Parama, do you think that your silly need to be different by being the same ("custom titles are sooooo mainstream") is more important than what Flay and Kison
could
should be doing with their time? Grow up, kid, this is the internet and you are not a snowflake.

Return to “Player Titles”