Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu May 03, 2012 8:02 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

To me, the beauty of Best Role Claim is that it awards awesome play that is uniquely accessible to people that weren't in the game. You can read the last 10 posts of Hoopla's PGO/Vengeful Townie game for example and immediately recognize why the play was so incredible. I don't think there's any other award in the whole ceremony that this applies to. If I want to check out why the Paragon got his award, I have to slog through whole games at a time. Only Best Role Claim has this "wow"-factor. It's the only award that interests me enough to actually check out any nomination that turns up.

I disagree that claiming is too narrow of an element of play, and I also don't think it's comparable to any other specific element of play like "best use of a power role". Best Role Claim awards people who think outside the box, i.e. what has been given to them by their role PM, who find creative solutions to their given problem, who come up with something that would not have occurred to the vast majority of players. It's a true skill and an important one at that. Besides, they're memorable: Some role claims (both Funny and Best) are the stuff of legends. I don't think you can say the same about "the guy who investigated all the scum as cop and lead the town to victory"

I don't get why a low number of nominations is a point against the award. The SSC apparently interprets it as a lack of interest, when to me it's much more likely the case that people aren't wowed by just any fake claim. And I'd think an award that doesn't eat up an inordinate amount of judging time is a good thing.

At least you've recognized that the complete lack of single game solo award is an issue. But I really don't understand why you're looking for a new one when the existing ones were perfectly fine.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia

Return to “Mafia Discussion”