MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri May 18, 2012 10:28 am

Post by MormonCoffee »

1- what allignment do you prefer playing as, town or scum?

Scum is always fun, but I prefer being town as it lets me test my observation skills. It always feels good to be right. :P

2- how many games have you played before this one?

In a newbie game right now, but I've played around 8 or so games on another forum.

3- what is your timezone and how many times a day can we expect you to be posting?

Pacific. I'll be posting pretty damn often, usually around evening/late night.

VOTE: Milk Because too much milk in coffee is gross.
Горе не море, выпьешь до дна
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Fri May 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

I guess I'll go ahead and answer DTM's questions too.

a. One bullet, one shot based on who are you're going to kill if you had to use it this moment from this list?

RNG. Russian Roulette. Something. You're all scum to me right now anyway, so no loss. Image

b. What's your favourite town and scum game that you've played and reference them.

None here that I can reference. Although to summarize, I've been mafia once (lynched D3), third party 3 times (all wins), and town for the rest.
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Fri May 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

In post 13, borkjerfkin wrote:1. I've never rolled anything but town.

VOTE: Thomith
For being the only one in here I've played with before.

Is that a scumslip I just read?
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

I don't see why you'd place your first vote on someone who would be the most familiar with your townie playstyle, is all. From my experience, first time scum are likely to vote for someone who may notice any changes in their meta.
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Fri May 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

What "angle" were you expecting?
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Sat May 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

I wouldn't say having a few bouts with borkjerfkin would count as interaction with everyone, lol. So yes I'd probably still keep to an RNG. Speaking of which, why is a self-vote in RVS really that noteworthy? It's unheard of where I normally play but I don't see it being necessarily scummy. It's as random as any other vote here so far.

@Milk How does asking for RQS affect how you view someone's play?
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sun May 20, 2012 9:16 am

Post by MormonCoffee »

I'm not being cautious in not voting for bork, lol. I'm just wanting to hear more from everyone else. I'm still a bit perplexed as to why Milk was opposed to a simple RQS, then tried to get off from voting for Thomith, saying that it was RVS. IMO, if you don't approve of random questions, why be okay with random voting?
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Sun May 20, 2012 9:21 am

Post by MormonCoffee »

Oh I forgot to answer your one-bullet question. Well if I didn't have my handy dandy RNG to choose for me, I'd probably go for TechnoWC or Humble Poirot, seeing as how neither have said much since their /confirm+RVS post, and there's already been a bit of discussion. Let's get scumhunting, people!
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #8) » Sun May 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

In post 44, roflcopter wrote:@mormon, is there anyone you think has done anything scummy? you seem like you're trying to avoid concrete suspicions, opting rather to go rng or, when forced to choose, picking lurkers (lack of content) instead of analyzing anyone's actual content.

I'm not avoiding anything. If you ask me, there's not even any concrete suspicions
to
avoid. Bork's vote was odd, so I pointed it out. Milk's refusal to the RQS, and instead voting for Thomith, claiming that it was RVS, is even more odd. I haven't changed my vote from him for this exact reason. I think I've made my suspicions thus far pretty clear.

As for the RNG, I've already narrowed my choices down. If you want to point someone out for avoiding suspicion by being discreet about choosing who they'd shoot with a one-shot day vig ability, you should probably take a look at Poirot's post. He didn't even suggest an RNG.
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Sun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

@Milk, you said that asking for RQS affects how you view someone's play. I asked you how and I don't think you've answered me yet. I'm guessing you see it as some sort of scumtell, or else you wouldn't have given it a vote otherwise.

True, your vote has generated more discussion than the RQS itself, but all I see you doing is defending yourself by justifying your vote. If there's a reasoning behind your vote (i.e., how asking for RQS affects how you view someone's play), then it wasn't random.

Lastly, there are plenty of things to be cautious about as town. Not only are we supposed to be scumhunting, we are supposed to be determining who is town as well, and avoiding to vote for them. I'm not keen on the notion of throwing suspicion around blindly and ending up lynching a power role, thanks. IMO, the opposite of caution or uncertainty is confidence, and no one can be 100% confident on whether or not someone is scum or town this early in D1, unless you are mafia.

I'm not sure if I need to do this, but whatever:

Confirming VOTE: Milk
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Sun May 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

In post 32, MormonCoffee wrote:@Milk How does asking for RQS affect how you view someone's play?
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #11) » Sun May 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

...Okay. You view RQS as stupid itself, I kinda got that already. But how does it change your view of someone's play specifically? Do you think Thomith's play will be somehow different than the rest of ours just because he was the one to initiate RQS?
MormonCoffee
MormonCoffee
Townie
MormonCoffee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #12) » Mon May 21, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by MormonCoffee »

@Humble Poirot To be honest I completely overlooked SensFan, since he hasn't even posted. My bad there. As for Arugula, he was one of the first to post and answer the RQS, and so I assumed that he would be a relatively active player if he had posted so quickly in the beginning. What stuck out mostly about you and Techno, however, is that you both seemed to avoid the "one-shot vig kill" question from DTM. Techno moreso, seeing as how he had only placed a vote and nothing else. Seacore had made a couple of posts already, so I didn't see him as coming across as inactive.

Does that answer your question?

@Thomith I've already stated why I didn't vote for bork, despite my own meta reasoning:

In post 41, MormonCoffee wrote:I'm not being cautious in not voting for bork, lol. I'm just wanting to hear more from everyone else. I'm still a bit perplexed as to why Milk was opposed to a simple RQS, then tried to get off from voting for Thomith, saying that it was RVS.

And as it stands, I am still more suspicious of Milk than bork (or I guess now it would be absta101), which is why my vote has yet to move. You seemed pretty content on using my meta reasoning for your own read, yet you're using my own ammo against me? Your last post addressing me seemed to be suddenly aggressive, and I'd like to know why.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”