Cases are anti-town?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 9, The Fonz wrote:For me, gut-based or unexplained votes always draw more heat relative to ones which are neatly explained, even when the underlying motives aren't any less valid. I feel they are unfairly presented as scummy when they're not.

Here's the thing ... I understand your point but we have two votes.

One with attached reasoning.
One without.

The first can be analyzed for such things as scum intent and how said reasoning melds with other posts by the player.

The second cannot.

While we seem to be on opposite sides of the spectrum as to thinking explanation is a Pro-Town action it is easier for scum to hide their pushes under the second kind of vote and say "I thought it was obvious, draw your own conclusions". Town can do it also but that only enables scum to do the same.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:39 am

In post 18, Umbrage wrote:I find players that go out of their way to make a huge detailed case are often scum.

I find that you are attributing a play-style choice to alignment which is terribad.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:34 pm

In post 36, The Fonz wrote:Well, I don't think explaining yourself is antitown. I certainly think players should usually explain their thought process if asked to. I also think both of you and I could do with being more concise in general. I just don't assume that because a player votes with one line of justification or none at all, it follows that he doesn't have any reasons. I also became excessively aware a few years ago that when I built cases of the kind you tend to deploy now, which at the time I did a lot, people would just sheep me without thinking about anything at all for themselves.

My problem is the farther extreme of the Vote without explanation game ... after someone asks "Why did you vote PlayerX" and the voter says something to the effect of "Gut" or "Read the thread". Both of those are useless responses that don't to anything to help the proceedings. At the end of the day people who just vote, never give any explanations and flaunt not bothering to do so are always going to fall into my "Ignore and vote if a wagon forms" pool. It's a me issue but it's where I am at.

In the end I'd say every read is gut. Something about the post you see says "This isn't right" and you look closer. Heck, look at LMP's recent Buffy the Vampire Slayer game (although for some reason I can't find it at all. And I know it was not Tiger eaten. Did something happen to part of the completed game in Mini Theme?). The first post iStark made hit my gut like a Ton of bricks. He got lynched in like 5 pages and was scum.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:05 am

In post 68, quadz08 wrote:It seems to me that the general consensus is that WALLS ARE BAD.

Sound good? Good.

No, not really.

In post 65, Timeater wrote: 99% of the time its just pseudo intellectual bullshit

Again, no not really.

You are using the tried and true "throw mud at it" to manner of presentation you don't agree with. I'm not surprised you chose that specific phrase because I've heard that before from some of your 'runnin krewz'.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #133 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:26 am

In post 132, UberNinja wrote:Not gonna lie, I find myself doing that from time to time.

In conjunction with your recent other thread is it any wonder people are considering you a Day 1 policy lynch?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”