Cases are anti-town?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 3, The Fonz wrote: 'Derp no reasons, that's scummy, vote Fonz.'

Ditto me on this.

DISCLAIMER: Yes excessive walls and quote wars can be detrimental to the game.

That said. I think some back and forth or 'case making' is necesarry.
-For one, not everyone thinks the same way, and enlightening other town members to why XXX is scummy can be beneficial.
-The second aspect on the "scum will sheep wallers"...Well so what? Then analyze how the sheeped. What arguments the found strongest. Why they didn't agree with the opposing arguments. It leads to analyzable reactions and further inquiry.
-"Can create a veil for scum to hide behind" (this being one of the wallers in discussion). Yes, and quite effectively can be ruled out as TvT. This requires the town person to pull out of their tunnelvision and end the war before it becomes to excessive. Once A makes their points, B makes their points (maybe a little rebuttle)... there is THEN little reason to continue a back n forth. Whereas asking the populace their opinions on the matter can yield better information.

-To conclude if everyone only ever rights in 1-2 liners there can be little information attained. Yes I love initial gut reads, and seeing peoples reactions. But its hard to recall how people reacted (or how your gut even felt about them on pg 15 when the games now on pg 115). So imo, it must be a happy median.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 23, Timeater wrote: Unless someone slipped, blatantly lied, has a guilty, whatever - almost every case will have holes. Its apart of the game.

Which brings us to scumhunting. You aren't going to catch a halfway decent scummer in blatant lies, or slips etc. And so 'cases'....or even points against these skilled players will be difficult to establish. And they will refute your 'case' as being altogether weak, or with holes.

Scumhunting is a multitude of many small things that culminate together. (Talking here about: gut, player reaction, VCA, genuineness, existing v trying to win, buddying/distancing/bussing, META, etc etc)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216

Return to “Mafia Discussion”