Cases are anti-town?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #101 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Well-done cases are not anti-town.

The problem lies in the fact that 95% of cases are not well-done.

Hint: Cases don't have to be walls, and if yours is, it's probably not in the 5%. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #104 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 103, quadz08 wrote:
In post 102, mastin2 wrote:Cases don't have to be walls, and if yours is, it's probably not in the 5%.

You might not like me as a player, and quite frankly, neither do I. But when it comes to theory, I DO know my stuff. If I applied everything I've learned to theoretically do in my time, nobody'd have an issue with me, it's just that I can't. I'm human, and despite my efforts, I have certain psychological patterns impossible to break.
Walling among them. I'm known on EVERY. SINGLE. SITE. I've been a regular on for my long-windedness. I made not one, but TWO MD threads about it, too. Rather than receive actually helpful advice, you people went "lolmastin", trolled the threads, and they were quickly derailed. And then died. Without giving me the help I was looking for.

I am very well aware that cases should be concise. Every. single. long. case. I have made has failed. EVERY one of them. My most convincing 'cases' were short posts I never intended to be cases at all.

Do note, however, that I've also found this to be true:
A long case and/or long countercase directed towards a single player can be incredibly convincing. (For instance, Oversoul completely shut down my case against him in OxyMoron Mafia.) If that same case were to be directed at multiple players rather than just the one, it'd be almost entirely useless. And that's where the shorter cases come in. A paragraph, maybe two at most. A case longer than that is pretty much worthless in a crowd.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”