Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Coming soon to the Mini Theme Queue near you

Doctor Who Mafia – The Complete Tenth Doctor Series

From all points of time and space 13 people have been drawn together in an empty building perched at the Event Horizon of the End of the Universe. The building is stocked with everything the inhabitants need to survive but is otherwise unoccupied. The only sign of what whoever or whatever brought you here for is a simple notecard emblazoned with the words “Kill them before they kill you”.

This is a closed 13 player Mini Theme game. What to expect -

1. The game is not Bastard. In no way, shape, or form will you be lied to by the Moderator.
2. Flavor based on the entire David Tennant run of the Doctor Who series.
3. The unexpected!

Pre /ins will be accepted to the site max of 6. To qualify to play the game you must

1. Have completed at least 1 non-Newbie game on site.
2. Have not flaked or been force-replaced in the last three months. I’ll be using The Replacement Thread as source material for this. If you have a good reason why you flaked / were replaced please PM me the details to consider.
3. Have not made my personal Mod Blacklist. You probably aren’t there and would know if you are.

The game is currently in the final stages of design and will be entering the Mini Theme Queue soon.

Pre-ins (6/6)

Tierce
Korlash
GreyICE
kortul
greenknight
Iecerint
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
PinkyandtheBrain
PinkyandtheBrain
Goon
PinkyandtheBrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by PinkyandtheBrain »

Coming soon to Large Theme:

I am your host, The Brain.

Pinky and myself have captured some of the greatest cartoon characters from various shows created during 1990's.
My plot to take over the world by being the only show for kids to watch and come to love is almost to completion. All I need to do is kill all the characters and with some help from a few cartoon villains. I will........................

TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

This is a 24 player game.
Pre/in's are welcome. I request that you have played at least one game on MafiaScum.

My promise:

I promise fun
And those that know (farside22) me, know I love my cartoons and promise a cartoon video, favorite moments type of game.
I also promise some unique ideas creation that went into this game.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Official announcement I guess. Setup is basically finalized, but I have flavor to do. I expect to put it in the queue near the end of June.

This will be a 15 pony game, picking up flavor right were Friendship is Awesome left off.

Given that its for 15, I can take seven total (five more) pre-ins. I am requiring at least two completed games, and I reserve the right to refuse entry to anypony for any reason I see fit.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Mistborn: Revolution

Based on the Mistborn Trilogy (much the same as my Wheel of Time game was based on that book series), this game will contain many complex mechanics. That being said, I intend to make it of a complexity more similar to Wheel of Time, if a little less complex than that. I also intend for it to be one of the last games I run for a good while. I'm taking no more than 8 Pre-ins, as I haven't finalized the player list yet, but it will likely be between 16 and 22 players. Just getting the word out there right now, to see how much interest in the game there will be.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by Moneybags »

The Great PSN Outage Mafia

A large Playstation themed game that will probably go up in July (it depends on when my open game ends). It's currently under review but I'll be taking up to 10 pre-ins. It will have a few special roles that revolve around Playstation game's flavor, including a special mechanic. As of now it will have 26 player slots.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 10:36 am

Post by IceGuy »

Judge, Jury and Executioner

A 21-player Large Theme by
IceGuy
, reviewed by
DarthYoshi
and
mastin2

Lynchings and killings are barbarian. This game will feature an orderly judicial system.

Every day, the town will select three defendants in a democratic vote. The three defendants will be jailed by the sheriff at the end of the day and brought before the court.

Unfortunately, the mafia has not only infiltrated the town, but also the judicial system. Luckily, the judge is always guaranteed to be a law-abiding citizen, and the jury is still randomly selected. However, the executioner is selected anew every night by a suspicious clerk, and the cases always seem to end up before the court in a particular order.

In a deliberation phase, one defendant each will be assigned to the judge, the jury and the executioner by the mafia. They will be given a defense statement by the defendant and are expected to return a verdict by the end of the deliberation phase. Both judge and executioner can freely decide to convict or acquit; for the jury, a vote will be held, with a majority required for conviction.

However, as the numbers dwindle, the judicial system will start to crumble. At first, there will not be enough citizens to fill a jury, and only judge and executioner remain. Finally, as not even a judge and an executioner can be found in the town, vigilante justice makes a return.

/pre-in now!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Players: 21 Player Large
Requirements: None as Such
Moderator: JasonT1981
Backup mod: Sotty7
Start Date: Soon

WWE is trying to climb back up the ratings and once again bring back the 'Attitude' into the WWE. However there is a new faction trying to sabotage the company from ever reaching the heights of the 90's once again.

But who is it?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:32 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 331, jasonT1981 wrote:

Players: 21 Player Large
Requirements: None as Such
Moderator: JasonT1981
Backup mod: Sotty7
Start Date: Soon
Pre-In: I am accepting 10 Pre-in's

WWE is trying to climb back up the ratings and once again bring back the 'Attitude' into the WWE. However there is a new faction trying to sabotage the company from ever reaching the heights of the 90's once again.

But who is it?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 331, jasonT1981 wrote:

But who is it?

PAUL HEYMAN!!!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Post by Quilford »

>>> About Signing Up

Mafia in La-La Land
is an original Large Theme game for 21 players. Interested players must have at least three completed games under their belt. Wisdom of the Crowds will be used throughout the sign-up process. A certain level of negativity will be required to remove a player, but this does not correspond to a fixed number of WOTC votes.

>>> About the Setup

Mafia in La-La Land features a Cry_Wolf-esque "Dream" mechanic. The following details of this mechanic are public knowledge:
You know that all players have the following ability present in their Role PM:

"(P)
Sleep
: This ability gives you the possibility to
Dream
at night. The use of any ability marked with an (A) or a (C) will disable this ability."
You know that all Dreams are guaranteed to tell the truth, and all appear via PM in the following form:

"You wake up, covered in a thin sheen of sweat. A
Dream
appeared to you last night...

You know that at least one of the following players is
not
Town-aligned
:

AAA, BBB, CCC, and DDD."

This is a sample Vanilla Townie Role PM:
Welcome to
Mafia in La-La Land
, [playername]!

~~~

You are a
Vazzzilla Townie

You have the following abilities:
(P)
Sleep
: This ability gives you the possibility to
Dream
at night. The use of any ability marked with an (A) or a (C) will disable this ability.

Your Win Condition is as follows:
>>> You win when all threats to the
Town
are eliminated and at least one
Town-aligned
player is alive.

~~~

Please confirm by replying to this PM with the number of Zs it contains.

The game thread is here. Good luck, and have fun!

The duration of one Day is 14 real-time days, and the duration of one Night is 3 real-time days. The game begins in Day. The setup was reviewed by chamber and DarthYoshi, and co-designed with BBmolla.

>>> Other Need-to-Knows

This game will be entering the Large Theme queue shortly. Ten pre-/in slots are available. You should totally pre-/in. Yes, you. I'm on a horse.

~~~
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Post by Quilford »

(leave your misconceptions out the door, by the way -- this game is balanced)
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2012 11:10 am

Post by zoraster »

taking pre-ins/notifications (if pre-ins are full). Timeline to start on this is probably something like 2 months. Need to do the roles, then submit to the theme queue, then get through that queue.

Always On Mafia

Always On Mafia is all about being connected to other participants. Players can talk to other players as much as they want.

This game is meant to be both serious and fun. However, given the game's nature, it may be... interesting. Who knows how it'll work out. But I promise I'll make every effort to make it go as smoothly and fun as possible.

The game and the roles won't be too crazy as the focus of the game is on the outside communication mechanic.

Rules

Player To Player Communication

Players are allowed to talk to other players in any method they wish, including but not limited to:
1. AIM/MSN/Gchat
2. PM
3. Skype
4. On the phone
5. In Person
6. Hand written letters
7. Telepathy
8. Sky writing

Players are not allowed to seek the commentary of people or players not in the game. People outside the game are not allowed to comment on the game. Incidental hearing is okay, but players should avoid this.

Conversations between players may be 1-on-1 or group communications.

Recording

You may record and post video or audio of conversations with other players so long as the following requirements are met:
1. The posting must be done on youtube or a similar streaming site. No downloads.
2. The recording(s) of any given conversation should be no longer than 5 minutes.
BOTH
participants must agree to be recorded. This is a legal requirement in some states. But it is ALWAYS a requirement here. Consent must be given before the conversation occurs.
4. You have posted no more than 4 videos/audio recordings that Day already. (So you may post up to 5 recordings per game Day).
5. This rule applies for any posting outside of the game too.

Transcriptions

1. Text conversations (via AIM, Gchat, PM or otherwise) may not be copied into the forum. They may, of course, be paraphrased.
2. This rule applies to outside conversations as well, not just in game. For example, you can't copy and paste an AIM conversation into another AIM conversation.

Screen Captures

Screen Captures are not allowed.

Alliances

Players should not engage in alliances with outside friends. This is largely unenforceable, but players should attempt to lynch scum, not those who are not their friends.

Lynching

All votes must take place in thread.
Lynches on Days 1 and 2 will require 60% of votes available, rounded up. Day 3+ will require 50%+1, rounded up.

Activity

There are two requirements for activity:
1. You must be active in the game forum. This means you must post more than simple prod-dodges every 72 hours.
2. You must make yourself available for outside thread conversations. You don't have to accept all conversation, but you must accept SOME by at least PM. I mean, come on. Why play if you aren't?

Real Life Prize!

The player who best captures the spirit of "Always On" by finding the funniest, most useful to their side, broadest number of ways, and with the broadest number of different players to utilizing the game's unique rules will win a real life prize, tailored to them personally.* You will want to win this prize.

I will, however, take into account a player's personal situation (e.g. if they already live with 4 other people in the game, they'll be judged somewhat harder than if they live in the Yukon alone).

*You may have to give me your address if you win.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu May 31, 2012 3:27 am

Post by chesskid3 »

SPARTACUS: Blood and Sand Mafia

Hot new lynch mechanic.

Swinginess. Fun. Jupiter's cock. Unbreakable by massclaim, even though character names will be public. Roleplay as your
favorite
assigned gladiator if you want!

Flavor knowledge HIGHLY recommended. Spoilers likely.

Get excited. Coming very soon. Role pms already finalized so stfu MoI

13p.

Pre-ins being accepted.

Reviewers: Faraday (flavor and balance) and Staeg (balance) and this chick I know (flavor)
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:48 am

Post by Quilford »

Mini Theme ~ Open setup ~ 13 players ~ 6 pre-/ins ~ soon

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:25 am

Post by pappums rat »

I've been working on this game for the past few months now, and I think I should claim it now on the off chance someone else thinks of it.

I am hereby claiming the rights to run
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy
, a Large Theme mashup of the Harry Potter and Metal Gear Solid universes. I should have this ready to go right after my DBZ Mafia Mini Theme is over.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
CryMeARiver
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
CryMeARiver
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by CryMeARiver »

BEST ATHLETES MAFIA

TESTIMONIALS

"It's sort of like Fantasy Football, but mafia-style" - Hired Actor #1

"The best mafia game since sliced bread" - Hired Actor #2

"Are horses really even athletes?" - Hired Actor #3

THE GAME'S PITCH

One mafia game. 48 athletes. 16 players. One interesting draft mechanic. Lots of power. Swing is included. Batteries not included. Coming to a theater near you. Pre-ins now being accepted.

Spoiler: List of Athletes in Game
1. Michael Jordan
2. Tiger Woods
3. Muhammed Ali
4. Babe Ruth
5. Wayne Gretzky
6. Roger Federer
7. Michael Phelps
8. Pele
9. Lance Armstrong
10. Usain Bolt
11. Kobe Bryant
12. Jim Brown
13. Jerry Rice
14. Lebron James
15. Wilt Chamberlain
16. Joe Montana
17. Diego Maradona
18. Earvin "Magic" Johnson
19. Barry Sanders
20. Jesse Owens
21. Larry Bird
22. Willie Mays
23. Brett Favre
24. Walter Payton
25. Peyton Manning
26. Pete Sampras
27. Jack Nicklaus
28. Pete Rose
29. Hank Aaron
30. Mickey Mantle
31. Lou Gehrig
32. Mike Tyson
33. Deion Sanders
34. Barry Bonds
35. Jackie Robinson
36. Tom Brady
37. Secretariat
38. Michael Johnson
39. Albert Pujols
40. Julius Erving
41. Rudy Ruettiger
42. Rafael Nadal
43. Cristiano Ronaldo
44. Alex Rodriguez
45. Dan Marino
46. Lionel Messi
47. Derek Jeter
48. John Elway

PRE-INS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.
Show
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

"postgame i'm going to pee on you gandalf

pee on you" - Chesskid

V/LA (No access) from July 8th - July 14th

CMAR :cop:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Coming soon...

American Revol
ution Mafia

A presentation of The Fonz, Magister Ludi and (hopefully) Yosarian2

The colonists of New England are in open rebellion against the Crown. Will you band together with them to earn their freedom, or restore the link with the motherland as part of the Royal Expeditionary Force?

A large theme game.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:04 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 338, Quilford wrote:

Mini Theme ~ Open setup ~ 13 players ~ 6 pre-/ins ~ soon

/pre-in

OH YEAH
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

The Switchboard.

"Before each of you inset in your section of the table is a small switchpanel. There are twelve switches on each panel, one associated with each individual in the room, with the exception of your own. You are not here to decide your own fate. You are here to play with others."

Mini Theme (13 Players)

This game is another experiment with players controlling aspects of the game. Each player in the game has a switch associated with their role, controlling whether their abilities are active for that Night. Each Night players may choose to toggle another player's switch, which will either activate or deactivate that player's abilities. You are not given the power to change yourself, so don't try!

Other Notes:
I will not have any special requirements for joining this game, but experience with unusual mechanics helps.

/Pre-ins are now accepted!
Welcome to the Network.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

You've rested.

You've recuperated.

You've healed.

And now you're being talked into doing it all over again.

Well, almost....

Your friends have decided they have neither the cash nor the energy to Run With the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain, this year, but they still want to go have some fun.

They've invited you to Texas for

Pamplona II: Electric Bullgaloo !!

Instead of going all the way to Spain, with real bulls, it's just quicker to go to Texas and ride a mechanical bull.

What could
possibly
go wrong??

Coming up July 3, in the Open Queue: JK9++ setup, 13 players, accepting 6 pre-ins by PM.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Coming soon to the mini thread near you!

Size: 13 players
Pre-ins: Already filled
Deadlines: 3 week days, 48hr nights
Set-up reviewed by: ortolan
An original set-up designed by myself. Characters included are from the show (where else?). Both minor and not. Come join for some good fun as you know what you are "going to do today"

Pssst... Just because pre-ins are filled doesn't mean that I won't send you a PM if you would like to know when it's in sign ups!
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by Nexus »

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Nexus presents:
History Mafia

A mini theme which allows me to indulge my inner History nerd, and maybe might teach you something! Featuring a wide variety of famous historical figures, this game will be fun for all involved.

13 players.
Reviewed by Faraday
Pre ins welcome.
No cults. No bastard modding. No jesters. No lynchers.
I will be selective in who I let in. If you have ever flaked from one of my games, or I just plain don't like you, you're not getting in.

Coming soon.
Trans rights are human rights.
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

A Dance With Dragons Mafia
Warning. ADWD spoilers may follow.

Mood Music

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

this has no relevance to anything in particular but it's a cool prophecy

A King at the Wall. A King on the Throne. A Queen across the Sea. One goal; the Iron Throne - to keep it or claim it. By right, by might, by blood...with Dragons?

On the wall Lord Snow tries to get the men of the Night's Watch to band together. Will the wildlings be accepted? After all, there are bigger threats than wildlings. Winter is coming.

Across the sea, in Mereen, Daenerys Targaryen rules her kingdom. But Queendom isn't as comfortable a seat as she had first thought. Her allies are dwindling, her enemies are numerous and their knives are sharp. Even dragons won't stop a knife to the heart.

The Dornish wait for justice. A child thought long dead thirsts for his birthright. An Iron Captain seeks his bride. The game of thrones is ever played, and new players arise to take up the mantle of those who have failed. So many plots. But where to first?

Tommen sits on the throne. The Lannister alliance weakens. Can he keep his kingdom?

SpyreX - A Lannister Soldier - Setup Reviewer - member of the
Lannister
Allia
nce
was killed in the upcoming games thread!
mykonian - A Bolton Soldier - Setup Reviewer - member of the
Lannister
Allia
nce
was killed in the upcoming games thread!

By joining this game you hereby sign your life away to the mods. I reserve the right to use cults and jesters and anything else I deem fun for the set-up. As an aside there are no cults and jesters in this game. :P However by joining you hereby understand the following is quite likely to happen:
  • MagnaofIllusion will be scum. In an ASOIAF game. Again. He'll probably win. Don't worry too much.
  • Someone will do something so mind bogglingly stupid you'll question your faith in humanity. They'll be town.
  • CHESSKID
  • Some of the vote counts may have amusing subtitles, then I'll get bored and not bother doing it anymore.
  • The Dead Quicktopic will nail the scum. All of them. We'll ignore the fact they called them after the mod confirmed them; or that 'calling the scumteam' involved naming the whole playerlist as possible scum. The dead qt always nail the scumteam.
  • I'll do a gimmicky mod scene because I'm lazy. It'll probably involved my voice or a picture. Originality isn't my forte.
  • You'll have lots of fun!

(In case it's not clear, with so many possible settings for ADWD we decided to pick the conflict in westeros first. A game re: the conflict on the wall/in Mereen will probably be done later).

This game should be in the queue within the next week - once it's been fully reviewed. However long it takes in the queue I've no idea :| It looks long ;_;

This is a 27/28 player game (number to be decided shortly). If you'd like to pre-in, well ZERO (0) slot remain (sorry) but you can also be asked to be put on the standby list so I can pm you when it's in sign ups. The dragon may have 3 heads but for this game hydras are limited to two. (Any more is a bit obscene). This game shall use Wisdom of the Mods. If we feel you've a bad history in our games/generally had bad experiences with you we probably will need to be convinced to allow you into the game. As long as you're not a cheater/serial flaker/complete asshat you should be fine.

Current pre-in list: (18/18) (Which is pretty fantastic, although Mina needs to confirm but etc)
Spoiler:
Mina
Tierce
Regfan
Shadow1psc
chesskid3
MOI
Mockingjaye
Tammy
Monday
Sotty7
Pine
Staeg
Ser Arthur Dayne
redFF
Nachomamma8
Bvoigt
Hasdgfas
zoraster
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Pine »

^I support this product and/or service
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by Korlash »

The image on the viewscreen flares to life and a distinguished looking officer walks into frame. He stands tall and greets you with a welcoming smile.

"Cadets, I am Fleet Captain Christopher Pike..."
As the hologram flickers he looks down at himself. He gives a slight chuckle before continuing.
"Well, you know what I mean...

Four years ago, the Intrepid-class Starship Voyager returned home after abruptly taking an unplanned seven year tour of the Delta Quadrant. Over those years, the ship and it's crew embodied everything that Starfleet stands for and so much more. Thrown into the far reaches of space, cut off from their homes, their families, everything they had ever known, the crew banded together to become something far more than just a Starfleet vessel... It has become a symbol of what we can accomplish together and an aspect of just how far the Federation can reach in this universe.

They battled the Kazon, went head to head with the Borg, stood on the precipice of new worlds and great civilizations, brought diplomacy and friendship between the Federation and countless alien species, and aquired new technology that now echoes throughout the Federation improving the lives of millions. But most of all, standing at the brink, lost, alone, facing danger few could ever dream of, the crew of this noble ship never once gave in, never once lost faith in themselves and in their fellow crew. And that, that my friends is what it means to be Starfleet."

The hologram of Christopher Pike spread his arms wide in a welcoming gesture.

"I invite you now to experience what it was like aboard that ship during the final days of it's legendary voyage. To live and work along side the crew, to see with your own eyes the fabled Delta Quadrant, to learn the skills that will one day serve you to write your own legend during your career in Starfleet. Come aboard the newly constructed Kratos platform hovering majestically in Earth's orbit, and participate in the most extensive holodeck simulation that you will ever experience."

Fleet Captain Pike smiled and for a split second you swear the image blurred into something more sinister, but as the screen cut to black and your class mates began mumering about the grand adventure they were sure to have you forgot about the technical glitch and imaged what it would be like to serve aboard your idol ship, working hand in hand with your heroes. It was sure to be a great adventure... But are you up to it?... Is anyone?

Coming soon to a holodeck platform floating miles above your head...

STAR TREK VOYAGER: The Voyage Never Ends MAFIA!

Setup:
13 Players

I will be allowing Humans, Volkans, Klingons, Betazoids, Talaxians, and Ocampa to join. Sorry no Cardassians, Romulan or Ferengi allowed. Androids are also banned because they would never lose...

Due to my site wide absence immediately before sign ups start I am not accepting Pre-ins at this time. If you wish, I can send you a PM when sign up begins though.

"Your first command together was less than successful. You are all dead."

Intentions:
A game worthy of Starfleet itself.

What will essentially become in essence a fan-fick spinoff of the series (Possibly using the players and their experiences as inspiration) will provide an engaging storyline and setting to a largely mechanically fueled setup that still require the base play and skills necessary in all mafia games.

Due to the fact operating in space requires you to be... well smart and useful... Every role will have some form of function or ability, although I cannot promise that this weeds out 'vanilla' roles.

"We're Starfleet officers. Weird is part of the job."

Warning:
Partial-Bastard. (I put a little bit of myself in all my setups and that part is the one going "FUCK YOU ALL!")

My lawyers have informed me that it would be wise to include this on all my setups after last years incident with the pregnant woman and the fuselage...

As you know... Space is vast and unpredictable... Perhaps we hit a subatomic seismic disturbance that causes all the role PMs to randomly change mid game, or perhaps we land on an uncharted world where the rules are suddenly different and no one told us. Or maybe I'm just a giant alien making you puppets dance for me before I consume your mental energy, ha ha ha...

I can promise you that nothing should affect gameplay and I have had it reviewed... but not to the extent I would have hoped, so I put this here so that when it's all said and done... if you're unsatisfied... well... You could have gone and played DS9 mafia instead... I'm sure that's more your speed...
(Oh also... lots of Sisko bashing will ensue... You have been warned...)

"Why pretend we're going home at all when all we're really going to do is investigate every cubic millimter of this quadrant, aren't we?"
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!

Return to “Queue”