TM2012: Scummies 2011.5 - Let the credits roll!

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I don't know.

Reck what's your theory in regards to scum knowing about my scummie and vanillaerizing me?
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1275, BBmolla wrote:I don't know.

Reck what's your theory in regards to scum knowing about my scummie and vanillaerizing me?

Assuming you're town? I don't know, I don't know what information was revealed because this thread is ass long and I'm scattered on the details.
green shirt thursdays
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Zar »

Reck, have you had a chance to re-read or have any comments?
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Sorry, not today. I just woke up a couple hours ago and have been running around paying bills and taking care of financial things.

I honestly don't have the motivation to reread here. I'll force myself to do it at some point. Sorry, I'm just seriously burnt out and I dread the drudge of LYLO rereads.
green shirt thursdays
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Zar »

BBMolla: what do you think T-Bone's response to your 874?

Spoiler: Quotes for Analysis
In post 872, T-Bone wrote:Did anyone else get a fake scummy? Unless MoI did it looks like no.

So that means one of two things obviously, he's telling the truth or lying. Now BB also claims that his other scummy allowed him to look for fake scummies. That seems oddly specific. But if true would make his claim more believable. I have one problem with this. If the scummy you guys awarded looked for fake scummies, why does he have the only one? Doesn't it stand to reason that a power existed that's purpose is to find fake scummies, there'd be more than one floating around? Unless MoI reports back that he also has one, this is a claim I have some difficulty believing.

I really don't like that Deas didn't submit a vote, despite all the assertion in thread that everyone needs to do the judging process right, lest we have a Fonz situation again. Though I can't be a hypocrite and vilify him for it.

Deas in 833 you mention you don't think BB is fake claiming what his scummy does and that he got a fake scummy. So, how did scum know that he had professor mafia to go ahead and give him a fake scummy that makes his scummies not work? If you didn't vote for all you knew I could have gotten that scummy since KK voted for me. I'm not sure if this makes you or Reck scum or not. It seems like based on what has been said you had the most power in that group. In this situation it's Deas or Reck or BB as scum.

But anyway speaking of scummy groups. 2B gave Quilford a scummy the same night he ends up dead. Hito and Magua are dead and town. BBmolla and Theam are still alive. It very much could mean one of those two are scum.

BB is quite a bit suspect based on scummies stuff. I'm not so confident in his play. His recent play reads to me more as frustrated town rather than scum. Of course appearing as frustrated town is a good defense.

I'm leaning this way. We've got plenty of time though so no need to rush a vote. BB is where it would go right now though.

PreEdit: Oh wow, didn't realize it was more than 48 hours. Learned a friend passed yesterday and wasn't in the mood to post.

@Theam, why are you so concerned with other player's V/La when you are barely posting (and not contributing) yourself?

In post 873, BBmolla wrote:T-Bone that post sucked. Make a new one.

"BB reads as frustrated town, but he COULD BE SCUM FOOLING US! So I'd vote him over anyone atm."

In post 875, T-Bone wrote:It's alright I'll forgive you Deas :P

I don't need to make a different post Reck. It isn't my problem if you don't like it.
Show

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by BBmolla »

You mean mixing me and Reck up? I called him out on his bullshit and he tossed it under the rug, what is there to think about here.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:31 pm

Post by Zar »

Why would he mix you up with Reck, of all people?
Show

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I donno. I don't really get what you're getting at.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Zar »

Most things in this game so far point at you being the last scum. I'm trying to analyze if there's a chance in which you could be town.

I'm concerned about your lack of interest in re-reading or providing insight.
Show

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Zar I've done that every single Westeros game. Pretty sure it should be considered null.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Post by Zar »

so you're just going to do nothing? Really?

The only reason I haven't voted you yet is because I'm paranoid about Faraday's subversive tactics and I believe him been capable of putting all the scum in a single group in D1.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by Zar »

Reck, who suggested T-Bone as a scummie holder in Group 2C?
Show

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1286, Zar wrote:Reck, who suggested T-Bone as a scummie holder in Group 2C?

Kublai Khan.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1286, Zar wrote:Reck, who suggested T-Bone as a scummie holder in Group 2C?

For the record: I was adamantly against Kublai Khan's idea to give it to T-Bone. I said as much, and said I supported giving it to Quilford/BBMolla instead. DV had to choose, and apparently didn't submit so it randomed into T-Bone.
green shirt thursdays
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:26 pm

Post by Zar »

The more I think about it, the cheaper the Fake Scummie Gambit seems.

See:

KK Voted for T-Bone
DV Did not Vote
Reck voted for BBMolla

BBMolla gets the Professor Mafia Scummie.

IF BBMolla was town, Reck-Scum would have had to be sure he was getting Professor Mafia to give him a Scummie to neutralize the ability he could have received. We know now that the decision of the Scummie going to BBMolla was most likely Randomized. Reck-Scum would have taken an extremely huge risk of giving the Fake Scummie to BBMolla without knowing Professor Mafia was certainly going to him. Had Molla not received the Professor Mafia, but the Fake Scummie alone, a hypo-Town BBMolla would have known he was among a pool of recipients for a Scummie from a judging group with Scum in it.

That would have made sense in the case of a hypo-Reck-Scum having a voting ability and also the ability to neutralize scummies by giving out fake ones.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Zar »

I don't think Faraday and Mina would give Scum that much control over the ballots, that just sounds like abuse.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Zar »

I'm sold.

Vote: BBMolla
Show

Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 6, Votecount 1BBmolla (1) - Zar

Not Voting (2) - BBmolla, xRECKONERx

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch or no-lynch.

Deadline:
Tuesday, July 10th at 10:30pm
Countdown:
(expired on 2012-07-10 22:30:53)
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: BBMolla

GG.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

inb4Zarwasscum
green shirt thursdays
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Day 6, Votecount 2 aka End of Team Mafia Vote Count
BBmolla (2) - Zar, xRECKONERx

Not Voting (1) - BBmolla

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch or no-lynch.

Deadline:
Tuesday, July 10th at 10:30pm
Countdown:
(expired on 2012-07-10 22:30:53)
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Three men faced off. 1 among them was evil. The last assassin of zoraster; a plot which had seemingly been dropped in lieu of lazy mod scenes.

One of the men had an idea. He put on his set-up speculation hat and pointed his hand at BBmolla, menacingly. 'I'm going to lynch you', Zar said, waving his arm threateningly like a gun.

Reck took out his gun and shot them both quickly.

'GG, thank fuck this is over. 3 scum Pm's wtf is this shit'. He dropped his gun and walked away.

zoraster smiled. Team Mafia was over. And he had um...done something convoluted and plot-y that I don't understand

BBmolla -
Town
and holder of the Image Image and bestperformancelosingcause.gif scummies was lynched Day 6.
Zar -
Town
and holder of the Image scummie was endgamed Day 6.

xRECKONERx -
Mafia
and holder of the Image, Image, Image and Image scummies survived until endgame.

The Mafia consisting of
Captain Ajax, T-Bone and xRECKONERx
have won the game. Congratulations. Team Mafia is now over. Presumably zoraster will post a thread in MD or something.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Possible roles:

Spoiler: Day 1 scummies
You have just been awarded the Image Scummie.

You are a rising star on this site, and have impressed the judges with how skilled you are as a newbie. On Night 1 only, you may investigate one player to determine if he is Town or Mafia-aligned. Unfortunately, after that, you'll burn out and never live up to any of the potential shown in your first year.

Congratulations! You have just been awarded the Image Scummie.

mith would normally award this one, but for some reason, when he was approached by zoraster to take part in this rerun of the 2011 Scummies, he ran away screaming. This Scummie is in recognition of how much effort you put into mafiascum. You know what goes on behind the scenes of mafiascum. Every night, you may track one player to see any players he targets. This does not detect Scummie judging.

You have been awarded the Image Scummie.

Since you have designed a complex, ingenious set-up, we'd assume you'd know something about what roles are in it. Each night, you may target a player to determine what Scummies (if any) he has in his possession. This ability resolves after the day's Scummies have been judged, but but before any other actions/award transfers.

The Don Corleone is given to someone with a capacity for manipulation, deceit, and deviousness...well, Faraday won this award, so maybe not that last one. Nothing can be pinned on you. You will return a result of "Town" to a cop inspection regardless of your alignment. All investigative roles targeting you will receive "No Result."

Your games always run smoothly and with minimal mod interference due to your perfectionism, dedication, and inhuman ability to always have a votecount on the top of the page. Once in the game, you may PM the mod and ask to place an additional secret vote upon the player of your choice (which will be attributed to "Smooth Operator" in the votecount). Once cast, this vote cannot be moved or removed for the rest of the day.

A master of surviving impossible odds and surviving to endgame, you owe allegiance to no one but yourself. Once in the game, you may attempt to kill a player. However, if you die before firing this shot, you will flip in grey and Best Third Party (rather than as Best Town or Mafia Performance).

Your posts are so hilarious that people stop playing Mafia or trying to scumhunt just so they can banter with you. Each night, you may target a player and tell him jokes all night. This will prevent him from using any abilities. This does not affect assignment of scummies.

You are a selfless and dedicated white knight, willing to replace into any slot and clean up someone else's mess. This includes taking a bullet in the head or a knife through the back for him. You are a bodyguard; every night, you may target a player. If he is targeted for a kill and no other role protects him, you will die in his place.

You are a popular mod. Everyone flocks to your games for a
chance to dayvig someone
memorable experience. Each night, you may target a player. Any actions he performs will be redirected onto you. This does not affect the assignment of Scummies.

Spoiler: Day 2 scummies

Your role is so unique, overpowered, and badass that all other roles are inferior to it. There's a reason this is the Best Role, after all.

No actions you take can be stopped or tampered with in any way. All investigation results will be accurate; all abilities are unstoppable and will affect the intended target. This affects factional nightkills, but does not affect Scummies judging.

Caught visiting a dead body after you've claimed VT? Accidentally slipped that you know how many bulletproof shots your dead buddy had? Might as well have some fun. Rather than attempt a plausible cover story, you'll settle for making the town laugh as they drag you to the gallows.

At any point before your death, you may PM the mods to tell them how you'd like to flip. You cannot affect how your alignment is revealed, but other details (Scummies other than Best Town/Best Mafia Performance, roles, flavour) may be changed.

You know just what role to claim to win the town over without being countered. To guarantee this, you can
literally
claim someone's role.

One night in the game, you may target a player. If this is successful, you will steal all Scummies (aside from Best Town/Best Mafia Performance) in his possession. The following morning, you will receive all effects and abilities associated with those awards. This action resolves last, and does not affect any actions a player may take at night.

You have a fondness for the newbie queue, although we're not sure if it's because you love helping inexperienced players figure out the game or because you win more often against people who can't play Mafia. You know that an IC should be gentle but firm.

Two nights in the game, you may target one player to jailkeep. Sure, you coddle newbies who draw heat by protecting them, but you also keep them in line when they act up by preventing them from performing any actions. And you can only do this twice because...I don't know. The flavour can't make sense for all of these.

Once, they called you a VI. Now they say you're like Vi. You're impossible to lynch, and the Mafia knows you're such a lock to be protected that they wouldn't dare nightkill you. You've completely changed your play since your policy lynch days...or in this case, day. On D1, you were three votes or closer to being lynched. But now look at how far you've come!

It will be publicly announced in the thread tomorrow morning that you will be immune both to lynches and to kills during Day Three and Night Three.
Note to judges:
The only valid recipients for Most Improved Player are players who were at L-3 or closer to a lynch on D1.

You strike fear into the hearts of the Mafia. Your reads are always 100% accurate, as you delight in proving to anyone unfortunate enough to be in your vicinity by linking to game after game where you called the scumteam. All those other times when you
didn't
call the scumteam don't count.

One night in the game, you may target a player. If your ability is successful, then for the following day phase, a lynch on that player will
only
succeed if he is Mafia. If your target is town, then he will survive the lynch attempt and the day will immediately end with no lynch. You will
not
be informed if your action resolves successfully.

Most people just skim mod scenes, but not yours. As the winner of the Paperback Writer award, you are skilled at drawing the reader into your game's setting. Sure, there was that one time you misused a comma, but luckily no one cares about grammar. Since whatever we write cannot match your amazing flavour, we'll get to the point.

Each day
and
each night, you may PM Lost Butterfly with one message of fifty words or less. This message will appear in the lynch scene (if it was sent in the day) or morning scene (if it was sent in the night), and be attributed to "Paperback Writer."

So you won Best Mechanic? Interesting. How many judges did you sleep with? No offence, but your mechanic is clearly inferior to Team Mafia's. Just ask zoraster. If you had any grace, you'd hand the Scummie over to the otter right now. No? Fine, have it your way.

At any point of the game, you may PM Lost Butterfly and ask to bring one of your three teammates into the game as a tree stump who shares your alignment. Your teammate cannot discuss Team Mafia games other than Scummies 2011.5 in this thread, cannot vote or be voted for, may not be targeted by any actions or receive Scummies, will not count toward achieving a faction's win condition, and will not affect the lynch threshold. He or she will only leave the game when you die.

Sure, some might say you're better at Mafia theory than practice, but they're just jealous because your last Wiki article got a whopping thirty views. You have very important thoughts about the site meta, particularly in regards to how this ceremony is run, and you will share these thoughts in painstaking detail with everyone:

tl;dr

Note to judges:
Unfortunately, since none of you are Professor Mafia, you are too dense to understand these ideas. Only the recipient of this award has the attention span necessary to decipher the rest of this essay.
[/quote]

...actually, no one else bothered to read any of your thoughts, so this is for your eyes only.

You have inflexible opinions about what behaviour deserves a Scummie. Nothing offends your pedantic nature more than seeing nominations for awards that don't exist. Each night, you may investigate one player to determine if he currently has any fake Scummies. Your target also cannot be awarded fake Scummies that night (although he can receive real ones). No lapse in standards will happen on your watch.

Spoiler: fake scummies
You have been awarded the Image
Scummie
fake Scummie.

Most Enjoyable Poster was proposed as a new award by GreyICE to honour Fate for the pleasant experience that is reading his posts, and was inexplicably never adopted. With your popularity, rhetoric, and force of personality, you can manipulate people into getting your way. Today only, you have covert control of your judging group. Even if another candidate receives more votes, your secret ballot vote for the award recipient will determine who receives it. This power does not affect which Scummie your group chooses to award.

You have been awarded the Image
Scummie
fake Scummie.

There's a reason Best Performance in a Losing Cause is no longer an award. You have been stripped of all awards you've received up to this point. Furthermore, as long as you hold this award, you are not eligible to receive more Scummies. But hey, at least you have this Scummie in recognition of what a loser you are. That's almost as good as winning, right
Last edited by Lost Butterfly on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Vu
Vu
Townie
Vu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:55 am

Post by Vu »

Day 1, Votecount -1

Not voting
(13): Axxle, BBmolla, Brandi, chamber, ChannelDelibird, Elmo, evilpacman18, Gammagooey, Glork, Katsuki, LlamaFluff, Mastermind of Sin, Panzerjager, Singer is Nachomamma, UberNinja, Wyrd

Deadline:

Countdown to Deadline: (expired on 2012-09-03 10:55:41)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”