Feature Announcements

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #179 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Post by Katsuki »

What's the point of this "feature" exactly?

Is there any way that this be made an option, rather than an essential limit of 3 lines? For one, it limits one's method of advertising games (yeah can make argument that those with longer sigs nuke the rest of it, but that's not the point here).
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #180 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Post by Katsuki »

*Also one can't even see their own sig if it's over 3 lines... which is slightly inconvenient.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #240 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 192, zoraster wrote:No. It's not a "superior option" because signatures can actually have a use. For example, I quite like that IceGuy can advertise his game with a short little tag. I like that someone can put a one or two sentence quote at the bottom. A short sig actually helps break up posts a little bit in a good way when rereading a game thread.

But I don't need to read the same conversations over and over or a list of all their favorite movies or whatever. It encourages people to keep it short and sweet, which is exactly what it should be. And if you want to go longer, that's fine. You just have to accept that not everyone will be forced to read your signature.

Then don't read it? I don't see why a CHANGE has to be implemented to limit sigs, when there's not inherently any benefits to doing so in the first place?

For those who are going to argue that "OH BUT I DUN WANNA SEE WAH", it's like as if being a homophobe, and banning gay marriage just because you can't stand the sight of seeing gays out on the streets, when what they do really is not your choice to dictate how others should act.

Frankly I don't see any instances of say abuse that prompted this change in cig limit to be implemented?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #287 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 245, zoraster wrote:
In post 240, Katsuki wrote:
In post 192, zoraster wrote:No. It's not a "superior option" because signatures can actually have a use. For example, I quite like that IceGuy can advertise his game with a short little tag. I like that someone can put a one or two sentence quote at the bottom. A short sig actually helps break up posts a little bit in a good way when rereading a game thread.

But I don't need to read the same conversations over and over or a list of all their favorite movies or whatever. It encourages people to keep it short and sweet, which is exactly what it should be. And if you want to go longer, that's fine. You just have to accept that not everyone will be forced to read your signature.

Then don't read it? I don't see why a CHANGE has to be implemented to limit sigs, when there's not inherently any benefits to doing so in the first place?

For those who are going to argue that "OH BUT I DUN WANNA SEE WAH", it's like as if being a homophobe, and banning gay marriage just because you can't stand the sight of seeing gays out on the streets, when what they do really is not your choice to dictate how others should act.

Frankly I don't see any instances of say abuse that prompted this change in sig limit to be implemented?

Gee. Yes. I'm exactly like a homophobe because I don't think it's in our best interest have 8 lines of multicolored text between each post in a game. Way to elevate this conversation. It serves very little purpose other than your desire to make everyone else see "fluffy fluffy" each time as if that's somehow a great contribution. But you know what? If that's what you prioritize as your signature, fine! But fit it into 4 lines. OR just deal with the fact that everyone won't see it each and every time they see your post. They'll probably click it once to see it and move on.

The thing is that the people who are complaining most about this are those who have long signatures. And for many who did have them, they went "welp. I'll just edit myself a little bit." But no. For you it's a matter of civil rights and everyone who feels differently is an asshole bigot who's just out to get you.

And guess what? We already did restrict it. Lots of forums allow jpgs in their signature lines. We do not.

Um, you're completely taking it to another point. I merely compared it to a similar example.

Sure, we're all entitled to our own opinions. But what is it for someone else to dictate how you choose to express yourself. Only thing I see from you is that "OH TEEHEE LOOK PEOPLE WITH LONG SIGNATURES BITCHING". I've been saying that so long as the signatures don't do harm to others, why bother restricting them? You however feel that you have to go all MOI. It's fun how you have to take my example about the gay rights thing and twist it into me calling you a bigot though.
Spoiler:
No wonder Americans have so much conflict, because everyone thinks that it's their business to meddle into the affairs of others when it doesn't concern them at all.
Now if people were having problems with those with large signatures, then I'd expect those people to voice their opinions, but all I've heard from you is "LOLOL BITCH MOAR DEALWITHIT".

/tootiredtobotherwritingmore
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #288 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Katsuki »

oh well arguing any further is pointless if this be what mith desires but really.

Also quadz.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a