Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:18 am

Post by Vi »

But. But. Zar. That's terrible play. I'm
never
scum. I just happened to be that Townie who hated all that noise you people were making late at Night and wanted you off my lawn.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:32 am

Post by Zar »

glad to know my delayed killer role toying wasn't THAT batshit when compared to the setup.

I'm not entirely displeased with myself in this game.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:38 am

Post by Vi »

I think you did well, even if you DID look like scum D1 :P You have no idea how back and forth I went on killing you or Yos2 on the last Night - because I think Yos2 would have figured it out if he had been left alive and had you investigated charter I would have basically autolost - and as soon as you started questioning your result etc. Don't get discouraged.

No matter what you would have been left with having to buy something implausible in the end. Even if the truth turned out to be stranger than fiction.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Zar »

>_>

that play is pretty much Zar standard meta, tbf
Show

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by Katsuki »

This game.

I thought I was only paranoid thinking Vi was scum...
And I was right shos wasn't town.

And I never realized that I was a beloved princess................... = =
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:11 am

Post by Zar »

<_<
Show

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:44 am

Post by Katsuki »

Oh
reading back
none of you fucks wanted to lynch Vi with me.

:(
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:47 am

Post by shos »

I did! eventually~! :(
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Zar »

I kept Voting Vi when shos and I had the Mummy drama
Show

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 2227, Vi wrote:I think you did well, even if you DID look like scum D1 :P You have no idea how back and forth I went on killing you or Yos2 on the last Night - because I think Yos2 would have figured it out if he had been left alive and had you investigated charter I would have basically autolost - and as soon as you started questioning your result etc. Don't get discouraged.

Yeah, that last "DO NOT KILL VI" post of mine was basically a setup designed so that if Vi was scum, she would leave me alive, lol. I figured scum-Vi would no-kill there and put it into a 4 man endgame.

Untrackable killing roles is a pretty bad choice in a mini with both a scum group and a Sk, though. Tracker is a weak role anyway. Making the SK tracker-immune is frankly just unfair. Not to discount Vi's victory, she played quite well.

Anyway, good game. I'm pretty happy with my scumhunting this game, I got most of the scum. I do want to find out charter's role.

My role:

springlullaby wrote:
Role PM

You are
Françoise Dupont
, Inspector for the Brigade Criminelle, the French Criminal Police. Working within the chauvinistic environment of the police was not always easy, but with your brilliant mind and daring guts, and only small concession like keeping your dark hair short cut, you have proven to be a excellent element with a promising future. You have been affected to the high profile murder case of the Louvre Director, a show of trust from your boss, and you are determined to solve it. Only, you sense that something is not quite right with this case, or this museum, something that gives you the creeps, and makes all your survival instinct fly into high alert mode. You will see this through and make sure that the criminal behind this gruesome murder is put out of harm's way, with radical measures if necessary.

Wincon

You dearly love the Louvre and will do anything to save it. You win when all threats to the Museum have been eliminated from the game or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities

• Vote:
    during the day, you may cast a vote which will count toward a lynch.
  • Kill:
    Each night you may select a target to eliminate. However if your target proves to be innocent of wrongdoing, you will be suspended from your duty.

The game thread can be found here.

Please reply to this PM to confirm that you have read and understood your role.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Since I see people are interested in charter's role:

springlullaby wrote:You got me.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Murder in the Louvre - Role PM
Date: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:36 pm
To: Cogito Ergo Scum

springlullaby wrote:
Role PM

You are
La Joconde
, by Leonardo de Vinci. Arguably the most famous painting in the world, thousands of visitors come to see you every day. But what they do not suspect is that as they watch, you are watching too. Indeed, you have grown quite adept at observing people, filling away human idiosyncrasies observed through your attentive eyes and hiding your observations behind your secretive smile. Now that your beloved home is under threat, you have decided to use your talent to protect it.

Wincon

You dearly love the Louvre and will do anything to save it. You win when all threats to the Museum have been eliminated from the game or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities

• Vote:
  • Observe:
    Each night you may select a a player to observe, you will be able to produce a careful description of the targeted player through your observation.

The game thread can be found here.
Please reply to this PM to confirm that you have read and understood your role.

Night Actions:

1. Charter observes Furcolow N1
    Through careful observation, you learn that Furcolow is a young woman with light brown curls. She reclines barefoot on a méridienne, wearing a long white, vestal dress.

2. Charter observes Vi N2
    Through careful observation you learn that Vi is a man measuring 1.66m. He lays recumbent wearing linen and cartonnage. Four elaborate vases are displayed beside him.

3. Charter observes Yos N3
    Through careful observation you learn that Yosarian2 is a young woman with short brown hair. She rests in bed, a holstered gun laying on her bedside table.

4. Charter observes shos N4
    You have decided to observe shos, but as you try to do so you are struck by a blinding light which renders you unconscious for the rest of the night.

Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 2234, Yosarian2 wrote:I figured scum-Vi would no-kill there
I couldn't. I begged for her to relent on this, but apparently Serial Killers are Compulsive. :/

Also you have no idea how much I died after CES replaced in. Like. I didn't think I could possibly get screwed over more until then.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 2236, Vi wrote:I couldn't. I begged for her to relent on this, but apparently Serial Killers are Compulsive. :/

Wasn't this the standard for a while?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 2237, Oversoul wrote:
In post 2236, Vi wrote:I couldn't. I begged for her to relent on this, but apparently Serial Killers are Compulsive. :/
Wasn't this the standard for a while?
Well, yes.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:49 am

Post by springlullaby »

Guys, I shamelessly let holidays take over me, then no internet access was in.

I promise I will give Vi the finale she deserves though, as well as my mod notes on clues and such.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by springlullaby »

I
t is said that news media only report on bad news because it sells, but have you thought that this hold true from the villains' perspective too?

Do you remember ever reading a piece celebrating the successful evasion of a mass murderer? Have you ever seen a front line cheering on a thief's road to fortune? How many stories of secret victories, how many tales dark triumphs have been lost to the appreciation of humankind only because those who vanquished were not of the right flavour.

Or perhaps it is truer to say history favour the victors as the wrong of yesterdays becomes the right of tomorrows, as those who conquer are able to shape the very fabric of perception, and as the sycophants bows to new masters, bathing them in an aura of fresh born sainthood.

But then there are situations even more complicated.

If an article had ever been written about the resolution to the Louvre's case which had thrilled the Parisian public during spring and summer 2012, it would surely have been one quite odd, as the final hero of the tale was not even of this world. As such his triumph was only but his own, a victory driven by motivation so remote from those of the mere mortals for whom History matters that it could neither be cheered on nor be condemned.

Is the tranquillity of one soul justification enough for the death of still young and and promising innocent people? Is the pursuit of eternal delight justification enough for the destruction of humanity's most prized pieces of artwork? Who can say yes? Who can say no?

Surely none in this world hold the answer. And it must be why those who knew the truth quietly and efficiently swept the whole thing under the carpet. Jean-Valérie Champollion's murder case, and the many that followed remained unresolved. A copy of a certain famous Renaissance painting was discreetly ordered.

And soon the case of the Louvre's murders were forgotten as Parisians headed for fairer places to be under the sun...

But truth has a mysterious of finding light, even in disguise.

Not long after the echoes of the scandalous affair had died down, a strange book hit the shelves.

It told the tale of happy man who had lived a happy life in a land far far away. Who died a happy death with rites and honours which granted him eternal happiness. But that happiness was broken by intruders, and by external forces he was pulled into a world strange and repulsive to his every senses. His rage at being robbed of his deserved peace was so great that he engaged in a series of vicious murders to return to his realm; lying, cheating, manipulating, committing anathema to further his goal. In the end he prevailed as his enemies were no match, and as all the forces that hold him back were destroyed, he returned to his idyllic afterlife. Where he taught the Thriller dance to his servants to entertain him, and where he was able to enjoy the ever lasting sunsets of the Nile, under the refreshing shadows of sycamore trees and to the languid scores of the sistrum.

Day 6 ends.

charter,
La Joconde
by Leonardo Da Vinci, was destroyed by the authorities. She was a town observer.
[/align]
Zar,
The Broken Jug
by Jean-Baptiste Greuse, was killed in endgame. She was a town wanderer.
[/align]

The game has ended.

The Town has been decimated and has lost the game.
The Mafia has been decimated and has lost the game.
The Third Party Survivor has lost the game.

Vi,
The Louvre's Mummy
has won the game
He was a third party mummy on a rampage.

[/align]
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by springlullaby »

• Town Roles, part 1:

• UberNinja
    Role PM

You are
    a
    Statuette de Pazuzu
    , the Assyrian demon of the underworld. You are a king of evil spirit who has found home in the Louvre after much peregrinations. Generous in your love of chaos, the recent murder of the Directeur has however troubled you as you sense that something of a nature repulsive to even you is afoot. You have thus decided to help uncover the root of this threat by using your affinity with death.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Reading of the deads:
      Each night you may select a deceased person and examine its corpse and collect clues.

Notes:
    - The forensic uncover method of murder and material clues, and sense presence.
    - Phantom's victims die of fright with no material clues.
    - Mummy's victims killed without jars leave material clues, canopic jars kills show victims as having died from an affliction linked with the organs preserved with the corresponding jar.
    - Madame Recamier, Desroches and Dupont leaves material clues.

• Elmo
    Role PM

You are the sculpture of
    Diane and Endymion
    by Jean-Jacques Pradier. A mortal bewitched by gods, you, Endymion, dwell in the lands of Hypnos. Indifferent to the greedy eyes of your admirers, you lay still with your mind intertwined with that of others united in slumber. From dreams you have learned that you can know truths more true and beauty more beautiful than what meet the eyes. But recently, the land of dreams has turned troubled, with dark menacing waves disrupting your idyllic rest. It does not please you and you are willing to help those who want to put an end to it.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Focus:
      In the world of dreams people leave traces different from the impression they project while awake. Each night you may select a player to focus your attention on to learn something from them.

Note:
    - The dreamer uncover flavor info which may be useful for solving clues under the form of titbits about others' memories and feelings. Only role who can investigate the Phantom.

• kanyeknowsbest
    Role PM

You are
    Williard Winckelmann
    , a scientific consultant specialized in art expertise working in collaboration with the Louvre. You do not regret moving from Germany even thought Parisian are sometimes insufferably arrogant. Working for the past ten years with such a museum has been great and you can often be seen in your lab until late into the night, grey hair in disarray and a look of concentration on your face. Your wife complains enough about the after hours, but in truth, the time spent in the company of finely tuned instruments and delicate work of arts is a welcome respite from the dreadful woman. The death of the Directeur has affected you as he was a good man. You have decided to use expertise to help putting the culprit behind bars.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Expertise:
      Each night you may take a sample from a player of your choice to perform chemical analysis and radiocarbon dating tests.

Notes:
    - Upon Pazuzu's death, Winckelmann gains the ability to investigate corpses, however he can only detect material clues.

• Zar
    Role PM

You are
    The Broken Jug
    by Jean-Baptise Greuze. Inhabited by a deep sense of melancholia, you err the hallways of the museum after dark, travelling from frame to frame, hoping to find distraction to lift your listlessness. It is seldom that your attention is captured by the affairs of the human world, but the recent murder commuted in your home has raised your interest and you have decided to provide your aid in solving the case.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Curiosity:
      Each night you may follow a player of your choice to see where they go. Be warned, not everything is at it seems.

Notes:
    - The wanderer see which floor and aisle a player is on, and which floor, aisle they went.

• charter
    Role PM

You are
    La Joconde
    , by Leonardo de Vinci. Arguably the most famous painting in the world, thousands of visitors come to see you every day. But what they do not suspect is that as they watch, you are watching too. Indeed, you have grown quite adept at observing people, filling away human idiosyncrasies observed through your attentive eyes and hiding your observations behind your secretive smile. Now that your beloved home is under threat, you have decided to use your talent to protect it.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Observe:
      Each night you may select a a player to observe, you will be able to produce a careful description of the targeted player through your observation.

Notes:
    - La Joconde sees the number of canopic jar in Vi's possession.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Town roles, part 2:

• Yosarian2
    Role PM

You are
    Françoise Dupont
    , Inspector for the Brigade Criminelle, the French Criminal Police. Working within the chauvinistic environment of the police was not always easy, but with your brilliant mind and daring guts, and only small concession like keeping your dark hair short cut, you have proven to be a excellent element with a promising future. You have been affected to the high profile murder case of the Louvre Director, a show of trust from your boss, and you are determined to solve it. Only, you sense that something is not quite right with this case, or this museum, something that gives you the creeps, and makes all your survival instinct fly into high alert mode. You will see this through and make sure that the criminal behind this gruesome murder is put out of harm's way, with radical measures if necessary.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Kill:
      Each night you may select a target to eliminate. However if your target proves to be innocent of wrongdoing, you will be suspended from your duty.

• Magua
    Role PM

You are
    Antinous Mondragone
    , a colossal bust dating from the Roman Empire. You were a lover, a sacrifice, then a god. The recent events that have taken place in the Louvre which is now your home have troubled you. You have decided to help fate along in capturing the culprits by using your divine power to protect innocents from harm. But if the innocents turn against you, they will have to suffer the fate of the blasphemers.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Symbolic sacrifice:
      Each night you may select a player whom you will protect from harm. If the player is targeted by a kill, you will sacrifice yourself to save them.
    • Death of a god (passive):
      If you are lynched at any point in the game, the next day phase will be skipped entirely as the town grieves.

• Parama
    Role PM

You are
    Polyphème Desroches
    , the Louvre's night security guard. You were born with big bones and a mind that some deem simple. In addition, your shy nature makes people dismiss you as a scatter brain. And it suits you because it lets you fade into the background - quite an achievement for a person two meters tall, because you have fought all your life to escape the dark cloud of suspicions that has been cast upon your family in relation to some past misdeeds associated with your name. You now live a tranquil life, patrolling the hallways of the greatest museum of the world at night, and sometimes falling asleep amongst its treasures. Although, lately something has turned dark in the atmosphere of your beloved Louvre. Your imagination makes you see movement in pictures and objects, and you scarcely dare fall asleep anymore as sleep comes with strange, unshaped dreams of terror you cannot remember.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Guard
      : Each night you may keep close guard on a player of your choice. The targeted player will be safe from harmful intent but they will also prevented from taking any action of their own if applicable.

Notes:
    - Can be possessed by the Phantom.

• Hiraki
    Role PM

You are
    Jacqueline Champollion
    , you work for the in house art restoration team of the Louvre. Being the Directeur's daughter, rumours of privilege have made relation with your colleagues difficult in the beginning, especially with the female co-workers who had categorized you as an empty headed daddy's daugther because of the appeal men tend to find in you. But despite being blonde, you actually have a brain, and do love your job. You liked repairing broken things as a child, and it is the same sentiment of satisfaction that graces you when you succeed in re-giving a painting or an artefact its original beauty. The murder of your father has deeply saddened and frightened you, but you are now determined that no further harm will be done if you can prevent it.

Wincon

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Restoration:
      Each night you may a player to protect from harm and restore if neccessary. Your target may not be harmed while under your care.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by springlullaby »

• Scum roles:

• Vi
    Role PM

You are
    The Louvre’s Mummy
    , the exquisitely preserved remains of an Egyptian man having lived in the Ptolemaic era. A mysterious source of energy has recently woken you from your eternal sleep. Only, you quite liked your rest; the Egyptian afterlife is after all filled with breads, wines, perfumed dancers sashaying to the languid scores of the sistrum and pleasant hunting parties on the banks of river Nile. This business of being reawakened to the mortal world, in such a strange place nonetheless is definitively upsetting you. It is time for carnage: maybe if you destruct everything, you will also destroy whatever caused your current state and thus be allowed to reunite with the succulent wild duck cooked in honey that you have left, back in your eternal residence.

Wincon

You are a free agent concerned with only your survival and revenge. You win when all factions but yourself have been eliminated from the game or if nothing can prevent the same.

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Kill:
      each night you may choose a player to target and destroy.
    • Anathema:
      at night you have the power to bewitch one of the four canopic vases containing your viscera to perpetrate the kill in your stead, it will make you very difficult to trace but if you choose to do so the vase will be destroyed and you will suffer permanent damage in the form of cumulative day post restrictions.
      • Duamutef
        , the jackal-headed god representing the east, whose jar contains the stomach and is protected by the goddess Neith. In every post, you must bemoan that you can no longer taste the flavor of wild duck cooked with honey and garlic.
      • Hapi
        , the baboon-headed god representing the north, whose jar contains the lungs and is protected by the goddess Nephthys. In every post, you must bemoan that you can no longer smell the rich odour of cedar from lebanon.
      • Imseti
        , the human-headed god representing the south, whose jar contained the liver and was protected by the goddess Isis. In every post you must bemoan that you can no longer drink sweet beer made from bread and laced with the aroma of dates.
      • Qebehsenuef
        , the falcon-headed god representing the west, whose jar contained the intestines and was protected by the goddess Selket. In every post you must bemoan that you must purge yourself with a mixture of notched sycomore boiled with honey.

• Indestructible (passive):
      due to your mummified form, nightkill cannot cause you permanent harm.
    • Inhuman strength(passive):
      your mummified form makes you strong enough to overcome any enemy. Your kill will always be resolved first.

Notes:
    - Mummy's kill goes through straight doc protection (Art Restorer), and is solved first amongst kills if unimpeached.
    - Mummy's kill is compulsive.

• shos
    Role PM

You are
    The Artifact
    . You look like a vaguely shaped dark rock the size of a fist, only you are not made of mineral but of mystery and perhaps of something resembling raw concentrated energy. You are possibly ancient, or magical, or extra-terrestrial, or even a shard of Phlebotinum from a parallel universe. No one knows, not even you. Slightly warm to the touch, you emit a telltale faint glow and you are currently sitting pretty atop the recently deceased Directeur’s desk in his office. You don’t know why you are here either, or how, but you have an inkling that the recent agitation which has been taking place around you may not be stranger to yourself. But it does not concern you, because the only thing you know for sure is that you must continue to be. To that end agitation is not indicated and you are quite resolute in ushering fate along.

Wincon

The only thing that matters to you is your own continued existence. You win when a single faction remains and you have survived to witness it.

Abilities

• Vote:
    • Suggestion:
      your semi-sentience coupled with your mysterious power allows you to perform a mild form of telekinesis in order facilitate your survival. Each day, you may write a short message with the content of your choice and select a recipient amongst the players still alive, I will pass your message along.
    • Unknown material (passive):
      the mysterious material you are made of is virtually indestructible. It renders you immune to any night action. Moreover, if you are targeted by a night action, the perpetrator will be stunned into unconsciousness by a blast of pure energy which will render them unconscious for the remaining of the night.

Notes:
    - Unbeknownst to the Artefact, sending message causes the recipient to experience visions the day afterwards due to exposure to its energy. The content of a vision is a coin-flip between clues to solve the game clues, or a clue as to the Artefact's nature.

• Furcolow
    Role PM

You are the
    Portrait of Madame Récamier
    by Jacques-Louis David. Left unfinished by your creator when the person the likeness of whom you were painted after rejected you in favor of another portrait, you were fated to abandonment and loneliness in a dusty corner of the artist’s studio while bitterness grew in your heart. Two centuries of public exposure at the Louvre have not cured your sorrow, and it is with great avidity that you have joined force with the newly risen Phantom of the Louvre (Nuwen), an elusive fellow whose blood-thirst you respect, to wreak chaos and avenge the insult made to you. It is with his help that you have led M. Champollion to his premature demise and there is no limit to your desire for destruction as, not even the perspective of maculating your vestal dress with blood; as they say, hell knows no fury like woman scorned.

Wincon

You are member of the informed minority. You win when the members of your alliance equal or outnumber the remaining players or if nothing can prevent the same.

Factional abilities

• Daytalk:
      You may communicate with your partner in this quicktopic.
    • Kill:
      Each night, a member of your alliance may choose a player to target and destroy.

Individual abilities

• Vote:
    • Charm and Temperament:
      Each night you may select a player to distract with your wit and beauty, the targeted player will be charmed by your eloquence and forget their tasks in favour of the pleasure of having a conversation with you. Additionally you will also gain knowledge of what ability they possess.

• Nuwen
    Role PM

You are
    Belphegor
    , the phantom of the Louvre made of shadows. A mysterious source of energy has recently re-awoken you from the state of non-being in which you had fallen following your last downfall. During the day, you are immaterial and can barely summon the forces necessary to influence fate, but at night your new-found power allows you to possess the body of Polyphème Desroches - your previous host Simone Desroches’ descendant, to perpetrate your deeds. You are motivated by an unstoppable drive to destroy the Louvre Museum. To this end, you have joined force in an opportunistic alliance with Madame Récamier(Furcolow), a painting harboring bitter sentiments and an impressive desire for destruction. With her help you were successful in murdering Jean-Valérie Champollion, the director of the museum. You will stop at nothing to ensure the downfall of this forsaken institution.

Wincon

You are member of the informed minority. You win when the members of your alliance equal or outnumber the remaining players or if nothing can prevent the same.

Factional abilities

• Daytalk:
      You may communicate with your partner in this quicktopic.
    • Kill:
      Each night, a member of your alliance may choose a player to target and destroy.

Individual abilities

• Vote:
    • Possession:
      If you choose to perpetrate the kill, you will do so by while using Desroches' body. The crime will then be traced back to your host. However be warned that if you choose to use this ability, your host will progressively become aware of something not being quite right. This ability does not carry beyond your host's death as you are unable to possess his corpse.
    • Phantom (passive):
      an immaterial being, investigations on your person will lead to inconclusive results and your investigator bewitched by shadows.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Night actions:

Some PM's are included as illustration.

Night 1

Katsuki (Magua),
no action.
Zar
tracks Furcolow (blocked by Furcolow).
Parama
jails Vi (succeeds, Vi is jailed, failed Possession attempt triggers memories).
You woke up this morning with a raging headache and a feeling of extreme unease. You try to concentrate and remember the events of the night. Images of violence and vague memories of anger not your own flash through your mind, but you are not able to grasp onto them. Losing to the worsening headache and mounting nausea, you get out of bed to fetch aspirin and a glass of water.

Gulping the fresh liquid down, you feel a little better.
You can almost ignore the feeling of fear growing in your stomach.

Hiraki
doc Vi (succeeds, Vi is protected).
Charter
observes Furcolow (succeeds).
Vi
kills charter (kill fails – Vi is jailed by Parama).
Elmo
dreams Zar (fails - dead).
Yosarian
targets Elmo (succeeds - Elmo is killed, Yosarian loses vig ability).
Nuwen
kills Vi using Possession (Kill fails - Vi is protected, jailed, immune).
Furcolow
charms charter (rb/cop succeeds).
Kanye
targets Yosarian (expertise succeeds)

Night2

Zar
follows charter. (success, charter is tracked to Vi)
Parama
jails Yos. (success, Yos is jailed – Parama is possessed, trigger memories, and kills Kanye before being killed by Vi)
Before losing consciousness, images flashes to your mind. A dark shadow, engulfing you, filling you with the urge to kill. The anguished scream of you victim as you beat him to death.
You realize that a spirit had been possessing your body at night. You want to give this important information.
But it is too late, another creature of darkness has decided to end your life.

Charter
observes Vi. (success)
Through careful observation you learn that Vi is a man measuring 1.66m. He lays recumbent wearing linen and cartonnage. Four elaborate vases are displayed beside him.

• M
agua
bodyguards charter. (success)
Vi
kills Parama. (success, Parama is killed)
Hiraki
Protects Zar. (success, Zar is protected)
Nuwen
possesses Parama, kill kanye (success, Parama is possessed and kill goes through).
Kanye
expertises charter (dead).
You obtain a fragment of wood from charter. You stay late in your lab to test it.
Ocular observation reveals that it is covered in oil paint.
X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy shows that manganese oxide was used as pigment.
IR spectroscopic analysis reveals that the wood is poplar. It further reveals traces of glue.
Carbon dating of the wood reveals that it dates from early 16th century.

You are quite excited about your finding. Happy, you are about to quit your lab when a tall man enters.
And kills you.

Night 3

Zar
follows shos (failed, shos is repellant to all night actions)
Magua
bodyguard Zar (succeed, no need)
Nuwen
kills Vi (fails, Vi is immune)
Vi
kills shos (fails, shos is repellant)
You invoke the power of the goddess Neith to summon Duamutef in order to destroy your enemy in your stead. In exchange of his aid, you offer your own entrails as sacrifice.

As the sorcery takes hold, the canopic Jar containing you stomach is destroyed whereas Duamutef himself materializes. The god bows to you and depart to execute his task.

As you wait, confident and with anticipated joy brewing in your heart, an inhuman howl suddenly lacerate the silence of the night while, simultaneously, in your mind eye you see a blast of pure light striking your summoned servant, making him collapse.

Charter
investigates Yos. (success)

Night 4

Zar
follows Yos (success – Yos is tracked) you have decided to follow Zar.
Charter
investigates shos (fails – shos is immune)
Magua
sacrifices for zar (succeed – Magua dies)
Vi
kills Zar using Hapi (fails – Magua dies)

Night 5

Vi
kills Yos (success)
Zar
follows Vi (success).
You have decided to follow Vi, as you err you locate him at the ground floor, Sully wing. For the entire night you remain there as he never leave from his allocated display.

Charter
observes Zar.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by springlullaby »

To come clues and comments.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by Nuwen »

So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Post by shos »

dayyyuuum. so I was responsible to those visions. hmm.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Who reviewed this setup
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Zar »

I really liked the flavor in the setup, but I'm still bitter as to there was no backup mod to solve this when it was needed.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”