Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Coming soon

Morning Benders, jump in the minge mobile!

Name:
The Inbetweeners Mafia!

Theme:
A 13 Player game coming soon to the mini theme queue featuring some of the most memorable characters from the UK Show and film (yes, the UK Version) The Inbetweeners!

Requirements:
Knowledge of the show is an advantage, but not required. I would however advise you to be familiar with the show before joining in as it will be flavor heavy! No formal player requirements however a knowledge of mafia is a must. I would not advise people playing their first ever game to enter this. Just don't hit the spastic with a Frisbee!

Pre-Ins:
I am accepting 5 pre-in's for this game. PM Me to get in on the action, or Neil's dad will rape your ass!

1)Nexus
2) Sotty
3) The Fonz
4) MOI?
5)
Last edited by jasonT1981 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:11 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Boost Mafia 3

A continuation of the fabulous concept from Patrick in Boost Mafia and Boost Mafia 2.
Will run as a large theme after the conclusion of my current large normal, NY Mafia 155.
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Messiah »

In post 374, Magua wrote:
Welcome to...
Arkham Horror Mafia

Game Type:
13 player Mini-Theme Smalltown
Moderator:
Magua
Reviewed By:
Vi, Regfan, Andrius
Player Requirements:
At least one game completed on-site, and for you to not be on my bad side

Source knowledge (of either the board game, or the Cthulhu Mythos in general) is unnecessary, but may increase enjoyment
(and sanity loss)

Pre-/wins for this game are full, but if you'd like I'll PM you when it goes into sign ups.

PM when sign ups start, please and thank you.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 am

Post by Messiah »

Totally meant that to be a PM, sorry.
It's times like this..
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Post by Kinetic »

is currently in signups and looking for more players. Please visit the link and join the game if you're interested. (24 Player Semi U-Pick Large Theme Game, Semi-Complex Mechanics)
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Nimb
Nimb
Goon
Nimb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 am

Post by Nimb »

Deathwing has risen and sworn to destroy the whole of Azeroth. 12 Heroes have answered the call of the ancients, to put a stop in his Madness, once and for all.
But Deathwing's influence is Strong, he has corrupted 3 of our 12 brave heroes, and now, the 9 remaining shall sort who of them are corrupted and then, face Deathwing and save the world.

Rules wrote:-2. Be civil, or at least not
too
rude, to everyone! This oughta be a given; as such, it's rule -2. Following this rule is very important!
-1. Play to win. This rule is very important as well! If you're about to be lynched, don't reveal who your scum-friends are; don't give up and surrender to lynches if you can avoid it, either. Sometimes, giving up can be strategic--but if it's just surrendering to avoid defending yourself...
0. This is a game--the whole point is to have fun. If you're not having fun, it means something's wrong; feel free to message me if this occurs.
1. Vote using the vote tag, or Vote: Nick in bold. I'm fine with nicknames and abbreviations, but if I can't tell who it's for I won't count it.
1.1 A lynch occurs when someone reaches the majority of votes.
2. No PMing! Mafia will use my forum to talk. Unless your role allows you to PM.
3. The
day
ends at the deadline,
not
when I post the end of the day. I'll provide a time, and link to a countdown; each day will last roughly 3 weeks hours, and each night will last up to 72 hours with speed deadlines in effect. Please when it's night, it's night.
3.1. The same goes for if a player's actions ends a day (The day ends when the player posts his action)
4. When you're dead, you're dead--please, don't post investigates, suspicions, or, really, anything post-mortem and in-thread.
5. No Lynch and Abstain are valid options.
5.1 In the event of a tie between players, a NO Lynch will occur, unless there are tie breaking mechanics in effect.
5.2 If the day ends without a Majority, a NO Lynch will occur. A Majority of "No Lynch" votes ends the day with No Lynch.
Do not use
orange
text, or variants on the color orange, unless your role allows it.

6.1. If a player writes something in
large and orange
, treat it as though I myself said it, and as though it is guaranteed true, unless I say otherwise. If you have the ability to post or activate abilities like this, your role will confirm that you can post his way.
7. In the same vein as rule 5, don't fake-activate abilities during the day. Activating an ability which you do not have is grounds for a modkill or replacement.
8. Please kindly refrain from editing or deleting posts. If you do, you'll be
modkilled
9. In the unlikely event that a player is modkilled, their role will be changed to that of a third-party survivor, which is (of course) an auto-loss.
10. The mafia wins when number of mafia = number of town. The town wins when all mafia players are dead.
11. Don't copy-paste your role PM or other private messages with the GM. If you do, you'll be
modkilled

Regarding roles:

Everyone will receive a role, this role will be a WoW class and a specialization of that class (ie. Fire Mage). Therefore, we had 30 different role names to chose from(10 Classes, 3 Specs each). A draw was made and we got 12. From this 12, a new draw was made and we got 3 mafia. Therefore it is possible to have 3 different Warlocks and no druids, for example.
Then the roles were made to fit the 12 remaining roles, therefore, mafia also has roles. Each night, one mafia member may perform the kill, this member cannot use his role (If there is only 1 mafia, he may kill and use role). The remaining mafia may use their roles.
Here
you can check all classes and their specializations, all abilities(roles) will be named after one talent from the specialization three.

Mafia - Loyal to DeathWing, 3 Members.

Wins when they equal numbers of town.

Town - Saviors of Azeroth, 9 Members.

Wins when mafia are dead.

Knowledge of the source material is
not
required to play.
Sign-ups not open
. If you wish to be reminded of this game when sign-ups are open, please pm me and I'll drop you a pm once you can sign up for it.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Designer Mafia 2012

In the spirit of our great country,
Team AMURICKA
brings you
Designer Mafia 2012
!

Design custom roles and submit them for possible inclusion in the setup. All roles in the setup will be created by the players themselves! Each player will have the opportunity to submit up to 3 custom roles to the mods, due no later than 48 hours after signups are complete.
Players who pre-/in can submit up to 4 roles instead of the usual 3!

1. Game Name
    - Designer Mafia 2012
  2. Mods
    - Team AMURICKA (Mastermind of Sin/Nachomamma)
  3. Number of Players
    - ??? (Minimum 20 players, maximum 30, will count it filled 48 hours after it hits 20)
  4. Pre-/ins Available

DO IT FOR AMURICKA

Un-American players can sign up, too. Please PM pre-/ins to Mastermind of Sin.
Permanent V/LA.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 381, Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Un-American players can sign up, too.

I'm reporting you to HUAC! :mad:
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Actually, Designer Mafia is going to get delayed for a different post. Expect something here tonight or tomorrow.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Once upon a time, there was a University. It was built in the dead ruins of an older University. It wasn’t very big, perhaps fifty people in all. But it was the best University for miles and miles, so people came and learned and left. There was a small group of people who gathered there. People whose knowledge went beyond mathematics and grammar and rhetoric. They started a smaller group inside the University. They called it the Arcanum and it was a very small, very secret thing. They had a ranking system among themselves, and your rise through those ranks was due to prowess and nothing else. One entered this group by proving they could see things for what they really were. They became E’lir, which means see-er. Further, they became Re'lar by speaking names. Names are the shape of the world, and a man who can speak them is on the road to power. Back in the beginning the Arcanum was a small collection of men who understood things. Men who knew powerful names. They taught a few students, slowly, carefully encouraging them toward power and wisdom. And magic. Real magic.

Now the Arcanum was huge, so large that it had become the University itself. Now aspiring students from around the world traveled for a chance to learn the secrets of the University's Masters. If they show promise and can pay their tuition, the institution welcomes them with open arms. However, not everyone is as welcoming as they seem. Can the University's best discover those practicing malfeasance before the Masters expel them?

• # of Players:
  • Pre-/ins:
  • Mods:
    Mastermind of Sin and thestatusquo
Last edited by Mastermind of Sin on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Permanent V/LA.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:33 am

Post by saulres »

Precinct Madness!

7 People will receive this Role PM:
Welcome, XXX you are a
Town Cop

Abilities:

-Cop: Each night you may PM me with the name of a player to investigate. You will receive a
Guilty
result if the player is aligned with the Mafia, and an
Innocent
if the player is aligned with the Town. HOWEVER: Your results may not be accurate. Please see the game thread to understand what flavor of cop you may be.

Win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Please confirm via PM.

Game thread is here.

1 Person will receive this Role PM:
Welcome, XXX. You are a
Mafia Framer
, along with XXX.

Abilities:

-Factional communication: During pre-game, and during the night phase, you may talk with your partner here.

-Factional kill: Each night phase your faction may choose a player to kill by posting
Kill: Player
in your QT. [Note: Whoever submitted the kill will carry it out unless otherwise specified]

-Framer: You may choose to frame a player at night. If that player is targeted by any cop other than the Results Cop, that Cop will receive results as if he targeted a
Mafia
player. You may use this ability and make the kill on the same night.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Please confirm via PM.

Game thread is here.

1 Person will recieve this Role PM:

Welcome, XXX. You are a
Mafia Godfather
, along with XXX.

Abilities:

-Factional communication: During pre-game, and during the night phase, you may talk with your partner here.

-Factional kill: Each night phase your faction may choose a player to kill by posting
Kill: Player
in your QT. [Note: Whoever submitted the kill will carry it out unless otherwise specified]

-Godfather: All investigations of you will give results as if the investigator targeted a
Cop
player. This is a passive ability and will always be in effect.

Win condition:
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Please confirm via PM.

Game thread is here.

The cops will be randomly assigned a Sanity, which will not be revealed at all during the game. They will be distributed thusly:
2 Sane Cops - You receive
Guilty
if you investigate Mafia and
Innocent
if you investigate Town.
2 Insane Cops - You receive
Guilty
if you investigate Town and
Innocent
if you investigate Mafia.
1 Paranoid Cop - You always receive
Guilty
1 Naive Cop - You always receive
Innocent
1 Results Cop - You receive
Guilty
if your target is the Framer or a Cop who got incorrect results. You receive
Innocent
if your target is the Godfather or a Cop who got correct results.

All town flips will be revealed as "Cop", and all mafia flips will be revealed as "Mafia".

I will accept up to 4 pre-ins, and also allow for Wisdom of the Crowds (or the One).

Please note, I use short deadlines and am a stickler for them.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Vu
Vu
Townie
Vu
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Vu »

The Scummer of Love Invitational

will be starting this Saturday!

For those of you who were sadly unable to attend the meet, feel free to /in as a replacement! SPECIAL FEATURES of the game are listed below:

• Meet-based roles!
  • Quelf-based mechanics!
  • Has at least one Vanilla Townie!
  • Has at least one Power Role!
  • Modded by Faraday, Mina, and quadz08!

Pm if you want access to the dead qt, either.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Two Pre-/ins still available for
Name Of The Wind
Permanent V/LA.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by zoraster »

i'm considering it... i love that book a lot.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Post by Amrun »

Game Name:
Political Corruption Mafia
Game Mod:
Amrun
Reviewers:
Vi, Faraday, Kise
Back-Up Mod:
Kise

Politics and corruption go hand in hand.

This is a game based on the American political system, but is totally bi-partisan and bias-free, at least as far as political party goes. This game may or may not feature some unusual elements.

Get in the election spirit!

In sign-ups now!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:20 am

Post by AurorusVox »

AurorusVox Presents

STEAM LIBRARY MADNESS MAFIA

Title: Steam Library Madness Mafia
Genre: 13p Mini Theme Role Madness
Developer: AurorusVox in collaboration with Staeg
Publisher: AurorusVox
Release Date: August 2012

System Requirements: At least one theme game completed on site.

Pre-Order now via PM to AurorusVox!

Up to six copies of the Limited /in-ditions available!
(Limited edition contains exactly the same content as regular editions. No refunds.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:49 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

The Dresden Files – Books 1 to 3 Mafia

Something bad is coming this way (that is if you live in Chicago). A black wind blows and mayhem can’t be far behind. Do you have what it takes to stand against the forces of wickedness and evil to protect the innocent of the Windy City?

The Dresden Files – Books 1 to 3
is an upcoming Large Theme game moderated by Magnaofillusion.

What to expect

• * 18 players
    * The game is to be considered highly Bastard. The only things I will explicitly say is that no Cults or Jesters are included in the set-up.
    Everything else that being Bastard entails is fair game.
    You have been warned.
    * Highly customized roles – while overall the elements of every role should be familiar to anyone with Mafia games here on MS there is no guarantee that they are not highly modified or tweaked.
    * Flavor based on the first three novels of The Dresden Files series of novels.

Flavor knowledge is not required but may be helpful. Or not. Depends on how much you trust the Mod and how well you think you know him.

Player requirements

This game is being run under WOTM (Wisdom of the Mod). I reserve the right to deny any player entry into the game if I do not feel they are capable of handling the complexity and Bastardness I have created. Things that will generally keep you from being accepted -

Lack of significant Mafiascum non-Newbie experience.
Being on my personal Mod Blacklist.
Having flaked or been force replaced in the last three months. Multiple instances of such will increase the likelihood of being rejected expontentially.

This is not an all-inclusive list but covers most of the things that I believe would prevent players from participating at an acceptable level. You can always PM if you have questions or concerns. My in-box is an open book.

Pre-ins

I am accepting Pre-ins to the stated 2/3 limit set down by Llamafluff. PM me if you are interested.

1. Shmugen
2. sword_of_omens
3. ICEninja
4. GreyICE
5. Sixty (hydra of Vi and Tierce)
6. kortul
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

London 2012 Mafia

A Mini Theme game for 13 players - Coming soon

The Summer Games that turned a cynical, hard-nosed British population into joyous, inspired, flag-waving global patriots is soon to leave that legacy of warm-hearted acceptance behind in favour of viciously lynching each other to death in order to root out the scum. But at least this time you can do with with the Olympic spirit. Become one of 13 Olympic heroes in this Mini Theme game!

The standard CDB modding clauses apply: Guaranteed no jesters, no cults and a trustworthy moderator with normal day mechanics. Any of your other expectations are fair game. Deadlines will be 10 days for Day phases and 48 hours for Night phases (72 hours if any of it would fall on a weekend).

London 2012 Mafia is currently in the Mini Theme queue.

I'm taking pre-/ins, which means a maximum of 6.

I reserve the right to refuse you participation in this game if you are on my blacklist. This game will operate a Wisdom of the Crowds policy.
#greenshirtthursdays
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 am

Post by zoraster »

The Detectives

Taking pre-ins now. PM me.

Pre-ins

1. Nuwen
2. Mehdi2277
3. Salamence20

This is a 13-player Mini-Theme Game. It is a Pick Your Role variant. Every player gets to choose an investigative power role. There are no limits on how many there are. Scum have day talk. There will be a short pre-game discussion for all players followed by selections of roles, followed by
Night
start.

Town Power Roles

Each player in the game will choose to be one of the following. There is no limit to the number of each:
1. Gunsmith (has a gun)
2. Tracker
3. Voyeur (what actions were performed on a player, but not how many times)
4. Day Coroner

Mafia Power Roles

In addition, the mafia will choose to give each of its players one of the following (no role may be used by more than one mafioso):
1. Crooked Cop (leaves a gun on someone else)
2. Roleblocker
3. Redirector
4. Bus Driver
5. Darkness Bomb (results for the following Night and Day are no reveal when this player is lynched)
6. Janitor
7. Ninja (trackers only see the town power)

Mafia members may always use their town power. Mafia members may either use their scum power or carry out the mafia kill, except Janitor and Ninja which use their powers only when carrying out the mafia kill. Mafia may not no kill.

Trackers will see only one result for their target. They will see the scum action if there is one, else the town action.

Warning: This game is obviously super power heavy. As such, balance will depend heavily on town and mafia's selections.

This game will use short one week Day deadlines.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Ladies Night 2:
No Cover

• 18-player, Large Theme
  • An All-Female Playerlist
  • Semi-Open, Normal Setup
  • No Bastard Modding
  • Experienced, Reliable Moderation

• Current Status
    : This game is over. The sign-up thread is here. The game thread is here.
    Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:15 am, edited 4 times in total.