sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 am

Post by sword_of_omens »

holy damn..lotta pages came up fast...
i'll catch up and have something up by tonight...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:25 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

ugh..ok..caught up to page 9

Unvote

Unchoose

couple of things...
i also see the best option for the "Choosing" to be used, is as a second lynch...it makes no sense to try and suicide a townie (even VT) in hopes they hit scum..the whole point IS to hit scum the first time. WE (as a collective town) are making the first choice TO KILL SCUM...it would be a little redundant for us to say "hey, we think Player A is scum, so let's get a townie to suicide vig him.." Shouldn't we just vote Player A in the first place? This way, town "directs the vig shot" in a sense (by voting for who they thought were scum)...and if we are wrong...well then our "Chosen" gets to try and succeed where we failed.

In post 21, Minimum wrote:Choosing should be policy lynch central since I can easily imagine choosing scum and giving that scumbag a strongman vig being worse for the town than taking out 2 townies that would otherwise get mislynched or screw up in some other way.

I disagree…taking out scum should be our first priority..if we lynch scum, we’ve killed scum…

In post 36, Plessiezarus wrote:I beg to disagree? Giving a potential scum a strongman kill sounds like an extremely bad idea. You'd be basically giving them an unstoppable freebie for signing off plus their factional kill.

But in this scenario we have already KILLED scum, rather than killing town in hopes that they kill scum.…the trade off is worth it
also, seeing how it’s day 1, i would think scum is less likely to hit a PR this early…

In post 54, Starbuck wrote:You understand it right in the way that I would rather send a VT to do this then to let it end up in the hands of the scum.

This makes no sense…killing town on purpose in hopes of killing scum…

In post 139, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I disagree in that if we have to choose between giving a Policy lynch the power to kill anyone of their choice or a Scummy play said ability I’d 10 out of 10 times rather have the Policy lynch taking the shot. Ostensibly scummy players are more likely to be scum and scum has a 0% (barring cross-kills if this is Multiball) of killing a partner since they aren’t living to reap any Town cred from the shot (aka ***spreads arms wide***).

Of course Scum will not kill scum…but why wouldn’t you want to try and kill scum the first time? I don’t get it. If we hit scum the first time, we win..we’ve already killed one..we don’t have to hope on the suicide vig, because we have already killed scum.

Anyway..this has taken much longer than I anticipated..i came in late to work tonight and now I have to drive home, sleep for a lousy 3 ½ hours and then come back…

standing out so far:
I am not liking Minimum’s or Starbucks posts…

I do like Dedd for town..

And I didn’t read RedFF as scummy like a few others have…

I should be fully caught up by tomorrow sometime, so expect more in depth reads, along with my vote and choice then…
- Sword of Omens -
sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

sorry guys..work had to fly me out of town for an emergency..
i fly back in tomorrow morning...
i'll be postin' then...
- Sword of Omens -

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”