McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 am

Post by McStab »

HA

To elaborate. PMysterious responds terribly to pressure and reveals his role quickly. For example, in that game Evilpacman just described, I figured out PM was a PR based on his very first post. In other games, such as Mini 1361, I've found one of his scumpartners and him being scum based on his actions. Therefore, pressuring PM pays dividends. It is not an RVS.

RVS does help though. To point to specific results would be hard, because you could argue about exactly what constitutes RVS and how much it's impact is on the game. However, virtually anygame that uses it and then properly catch scum can be traced back to RVS at some point.

Although your pointed question-asking works, but I find it still results in the same end. Newbies trip up in either RVS or asking questions, and pressure is applied to determine if they are scum. Then, based off flips, PR results and associative links, more experienced scum are found.

Seriously, pile some votes on PM. I want him pressured; if he starts to fall apart, he's scum.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 am

Post by McStab »

PMysterious, who do you think is scummy right now?
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 am

Post by McStab »

@Jun: No, I think it would've been clear to me at this point if he was a PR.

You misunderstand my purpose, or perhaps I misconveyed it. By pressuring PM, one can find out if he's scum; he may out himself as VT, but regardless, we can confirm his alignment by applying pressure.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 am

Post by McStab »

Great logic. Please, show me where I appear scummy.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by McStab »

Why exactly do you want pressure on me? Because I want to pressure PM?

You overestimate him if you think this plan doesn't work. I can cite specific meta examples if you so desire. Otherwise, stop trying to takeover leadership of the town with your needless banter and rhetoric, and start properly scumhunting.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by McStab »

I need to do a reread, sorry I've been busy with school. Post coming soon.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by McStab »

blatant prod dodge reread will come ASAP
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by McStab »

I am still rather quite busy, but dividizzle has struck me as scummy even with just a brief reread. Here is the case on him:

In post 40, dividizzle wrote:hey guys, sorry I'm a little bit late to the party. I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't played in quite a while and I forgot how intriguing this first round of suspicion is. My personal view on this first phase is that the most important part is to get everyone to come in, say hi and start talking. So here we go.

Vote: Telo

^^^Apologies the moment he comes in, this is actually a slight scumtell. His first few sentences reek of being forced and manufactured.

In post 106, dividizzle wrote:I'm not convinced by Eleison's plan either. @Eleison, you say you don't want to reveal your town reads but you also tell Mae and Mollie to stop intown bickering. Does that imply that you have a town read on them both?

^^^Quite obviously if he's calling their bickering "intown" it means that he thinks they are both town. Stop trying to score easy scumhunting points. It's pretty clear to me that Eleison is essentially against posting a long list of townreads, as opposed to acting as if anyone is town.

In post 231, dividizzle wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Eleison

Sorry if this has already been mentioned as I read a little bit briefly while catching up but I am suspicious of Eleison's firm approval of Maenara's scum, town, inactivity list, given the fact that he is listed as number two on that list.

@Eleison: if you like those lists, how do you explain you appearing as scum to him?

^^^
Because he's scum and approves of being listed as such

This is such a stretching case. One can approve of one's actions even if they suspect you. As town, someone suspecting you doesn't necessarily mean they are scum.

In post 281, dividizzle wrote:After doing my reread, my initial reaction is that my two favored scum targets are NJAC and themoaner. Now I know that isn't terribly surprising because they have both drawn suspicion already but I want to point out a couple exchanges that made me question them.
In post 148, NJAC references themoaner and says he can’t tell if he’s scummy or not, keeping both distance and a lack of suspicion on him, then voting for someone else.
In post 183 he once again acknowledges that he had initial scum reactions to themoaner but then backs out.
Finally in post 242, NJAC questions why the wagon on themoaner died but quickly switches attention and places a vote on Slandaar for dubious reasons. It is worth noting that in the previous two posts he claimed that the wagon on themoaner didn’t look good, and then changed his mind to wonder why it didn’t go further.

I can’t tell if this is the play of a couple scum interacting. It raised suspicion with me because it just seemed very phony, as if placing some blame would distance him but not enough to actually cause themoaner any danger. Thoughts?

Also, just to add my opinions on two of the other most argued over players, I think both Pirate Mollie and Jun are giving me town vibes, albeit not in normal ways.

First off, "favored scum targets" is really weird vocabulary bordering on scumslip. Same with "Now I know that isn't terribly surprising because they have both drawn suspicion already". So you're saying it's not surprising that you suspect them given that there is already pressure on them?

Second, post 148 is you just grasping at straws for an association. I can't tell if Slandaar is scummy or not, and I'm about to vote you; this isn't scummy.

Third, in post 183, if he had initial scum reactions to themoaner but backs out it's likely because his reads have evolved. This is natural, particularly earlier in the game.

Your last point isn't that bad, I'll acknowledge that; but you are still trying to play off associative links without a flip.

You're asking for thoughts is tantamount to trying to fan the flames without attaching your name to it. Nice fencesitting on Pirate Mollie and Jun as well.

In post 314, dividizzle wrote:I agree that Mcstab's iso looks sketchy. Care to elaborate on why you wouldn't want a vote on him Slandaar?

^^^What in particular looks sketchy? Why didn't you mention anything before?

Vote:dividizzle

PM will make himself known as scum if he is scum later. Right now, this guy needs some votes on him.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”