My Little Pony: Friendship is Redemption (Over)

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Konowa »

Honestly, I thought Trixie was scum until I started wagon analysis. I WIFOM'ed myself out of the vote.
Vote: fatlikepig

PEdit: Really? I must've missed that. Sets my nerves a little more on ease.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:13 am

Post by fatlikepig »

Konowa wrote:Honestly, I thought Trixie was scum until I started wagon analysis. I WIFOM'ed myself out of the vote.
Vote: fatlikepig

Oh okay. Self-preservation really is an awkward issue, isn't it?

Deadline's up and Trixie doesn't feel like self-voting.

VOTE: Konowa
Sproink!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:18 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

If this isn't it, lynch Trixie tomorrow. No ifs or buts; no "taking responsibility for your own vote" or some hogwash like that; just sheep the person who has the most information and has at least as good a judgment as anyone left.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Feysal »

I think this was the right thing to do. I would have voted for Trixie if it had come to it, since I believe today was LYLO and both Konowa and Trixie are Friendship, but Konowa was my preference. I feared he could have been harder to lynch on the last day. Obviously I agree that Trixie should be the lynch tomorrow, unless I'm wrong and the game ends today.

I guess I can now share my theory about DJ, since the lynch has been decided and it no longer matters. I'm curious to find out if I guessed right, which is why I want to be sure to post this before the game ends.

In post 891, DJ P0n-3 wrote:I was saying that the likelihood of him being lynched on a subsequent day was higher due to his newbie standing and not wanting to bring someone of his playing caliber or lack thereof to a LyLo or
MyLo
scenario. I was not saying "first we lynch him, then we lynch her." Did you misunderstand or are you purposely missing the point?

In post 1432, DJ P0n-3 wrote:It also explains Feysal's needing to be prodded so many times, and Trixie's gradually posting less and less and less as the game goes on. One or both of them is scum trying to stay just on the edge of people's radar, waiting for people like Sudo and Shmugen to be mislynched to scare us off lynching lurkers, and then (one or both of them) can lurk until
MyLo
and quick hammer. This paragraph is more my own opinion than anything else. But I did literally just look at the dates on all of trixie's posts, and it has gone from "multiple posts per day" to "one post every 2 to 4 days".

MYLO?

When everyone else has consistently talked about LYLO, DJ mentioned MYLO twice. As should be obvious, MYLO could only happen if there was an odd number of deaths during a day-night cycle. There is obviously no protective role, or Salamence would have survived claiming cop. The town was never going to miss a lynch, and Friendship was not going to miss a kill. Therefore the only way we could reach MYLO was if an extra kill appeared from somewhere.

This was what I'd forgotten to ask DJ about, and what Konowa accidentally reminded me of. I don't think DJ's questions about who to vig or vengekill were hypothetical. I think she is hiding a vengekill up her sleeve, since if she had a vig she would most likely have used it by now. It all seems to add up, even the way she had us guessing what her role was may have been intended to distract us from her reluctance to claim. If it was, it worked beautifully. On top of everything else, Gilda would be my top choice for a vengeful character in the source flavor, after Trixie, who was already in the last game. This would mean that DJ lied about being vanilla, but I'm fine with that. Why should a vengeful townie ever claim?

If this is correct, it all but confirms DJ as town, since outside bastard games vengeful scum are almost unheard of. Even if I just imagined all this, there is still the unlikelihood of both non-ponies being Friendship, and I of course expect Konowa to be Friendship.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Vote Count

Konowa (3) - DJ P0n-3, Feysal, fatlikepig
fatlikepig (1) - Konowa

Not Voting (1) - Cogito Ergo Sum
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Who better to cast out than one that has worked closely with the Elements of Harmony in the past? Well thats one mystery left to be solved but its apparent that the chubby and
at times
occasionally
... normally annoying dragon was not the right answer. While it did bring everypony joy to pick on him, it didnt solve the issue at hand.

Rainbow Dash felt more joy than most though, not only had she gotten some revenge on Spike for taking over her role that last time Discord was around, she also was just a step away from having her life back. She was almost in control of everything again. Almost back to normal. It was so close she could almost taste it.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow would fix everything, or ruin it forever.

~~~~~~~~

Konowa - Spike (The Dragon) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Banished from Ponyville Day Six

Deadline for actions is October 22nd, 6PM PST
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Another busy day for the mod, and doesn't Derpy deserve more than quick lowbrow jokes? That means flavor later.

Cogito Ergo Sum - Derpy Hooves (The Mail Pony) -
Discord
aligned Messanger - Returned to Friendship Night Six

With 3 alive it takes 2 to kick somepony out of town
Deadline is November 5th, 6PM PST
You don't earn
loyalty
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Ooooooh boy. In before Nightkill WIFOM!

Pretty close to 100% sure it's Feysal right now. Not going to go back on my DJ townread, especially since there's no reason to at this point.
Sproink!
DJ P0n-3
DJ P0n-3
Goon
DJ P0n-3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:17 am

Post by DJ P0n-3 »

First of all, I know Cogito Ergo Sum would have voted you without a second thought Trixie, which makes me consider doing the same by default, to take the pressure out of this decision. Mostly because killing him would be your only chance to win. On the other hand it would also be the perfect way to frame you, but why would Feysal frame you when he could just kill me and get the auto-lynch on you? What is your opinion on that?

On the other hand, CES' didn't really ever address any of my suspicion about Feysal, he just said "Feysal does that as town" which could be right but still wrong in this situation. And though he didn't come to the conclusion of Trixie scum by PoE (it was more by Vi-death and other things) it still stands out that he never really suspected Feysal.

Ugh. I hate this. -__- I don't trust either of you based on your own merit, but CES was convincing and is now confirmed town even though I already believed it. So that means...

Spoiler:
I will probably end up sheeping CES. Because Feysal as scum would probably have killed me to get the easy win with CES on his side. Whether CES' reasons were right or wrong, his conclusion of Feysal-town and Trixie-scum was solid and final. And scum can't play around with that. Which means it's most likely Trixie, despite my feeling otherwise yesterday. Being wrong about Konowa also eases my mind, strangely.

Trixie, if you are town this is your last chance to convince me. And you posting already and immediately going on the defensive doesn't look good either, especially when the night kill is obviously going to be the #1 issue on my mind and will probably determine who I vote today.

I need to re-read a few parts of the game, and I will make my choice later today or tomorrow. I don't want to drag this out and make it any more gut wrenching than it already is for me. When I get back to this post I would like a short summary from both of you as to why the other is scum.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:42 am

Post by fatlikepig »

Because him being alive also leads to Nightkill WIFOM as to why Trixie-scum would leave him alive if she knew that she'd get autolynched for it. That's my guess, anyway.

I'll have to look over Feysal this afternoon. Long story short, though, it comes down to the improbability of the Arugula wagon being all-town and Feysal's vote on that wagon, which looks very convenient for scum getting a last-minute bus on their partner.

I'll write out an actual summary when I get the time, though.
Sproink!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 1633, DJ P0n-3 wrote:I will probably end up sheeping CES. Because Feysal as scum would probably have killed me to get the easy win with CES on his side.

So here we are. I see you have already brought up the important question. Why would I, if I were Friendship, kill CES instead of you? I of course say that I would not have. As much as I would love to win with style, first and foremost I try to win. I would have picked the safer win with CES alive over the more uncertain one with you alive.

There is little more I could talk about after my posts yesterday, but here are three things I would like to explain.

Why did I not immediately reveal that I thought you were vengeful?

The obvious answer would be that power roles should be kept secret to keep them safe, but in this case that was not it. I did not think you would be killed even if I had guessed correctly and you indeed were vengeful. My reason was that I was worried about your reaction to being outed. The last thing I wanted was to look like I was backing off from you because you had said you would vengekill me, and so I decided to wait.

Why did I not switch to Trixie when I thought she and Konowa were both Friendship?

For this there were three reasons. Firstly, if there was only one Friendship left, I thought it was more likely Konowa than Trixie. Secondly, I wanted to lynch any Friendship I could, and with you opposed to Trixie, Konowa was the easier choice. Thirdly, I expected that Konowa's flip would clear me in a way that Trixie's could not. I remembered you once suspected me and Trixie to be Friendship together, and I did not want to see Trixie flip Friendship only to be lynched myself the next day.

Why did I reveal that I thought you were vengeful at the end of the day?

I wanted to post it before the game ended. I was vain and wanted to show off my discovery, even if it turned out to be wrong, but it was only half of it. At the time I no longer needed to worry about your reaction, and I tried to predict what Friendship Trixie would do and plan ahead. I expected that Konowa would flip Friendship and make me harder to lynch, perhaps so hard that Trixie would decide to kill
me
. Then she could have tried to use my suspicion of you to convince CES to lynch you, which would have been hard, but perhaps the best of several bad choices. That is why I needed to explain why I thought you were town before the day ended, just in case I did not live.

I can't say I would have many reasons to suspect Trixie, which is why I thought Konowa was more likely to be Friendship to begin with. Simply put, I am not Friendship and don't think you are either, therefore Trixie must be. I don't think any more reason than that is needed in LYLO. Both of us are going to accuse and vote the other, and you will need to decide which one to trust.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Let me address the nightkill first. As it stands, the CES-kill thoroughly implicates me as being the last remaining scum and leaves you (DJ) alive - you could pretty much go either way as far as the lynch kills, and with CES dead you're more in favour of lynching me. Let's consider the other possibility, where you die instead of CES, which leaves the question of why I would leave him alive when I'm supposed to be scum. That ought to throw doubt on any scumread - I appreciate that CES was pretty firm on thinking that I was scum, but when a situation like that arises, I think most people would have to question their reads.

In that light, I think that killing CES was probably the less risky option. As you say, you don't really trust either of us, so CES dying would probably sway you towards lynching me, where there's a chance that CES could go back on his reads upon not dying. I'm not entirely sure that had he been left alive, I would have been auto-lynched today.

I'd also like to note that the Vi and MoI kills - specifically their timing - don't make much sense with me at scum. The day before Vi died, she was beginning to go back on me being scum because of analysis of the Salamence-wagon. MoI was also killed the night he replaced in when he had quite clearly stipulated that he had a townread on me. Why would I kill one of the only people in the game who actually had a townread on me if I were scum? It doesn't make sense (interestingly, MoI was also suspicious of Feysal). You can say WIFOM, but there's really no need for scum to make that sort of play, especially when I've been suspected for pretty much the whole game.

As for the D1 wagon, I want to reiterate: Arugula and BBMolla, as far as I'm concerned, seem like pretty competent players. Now that we know there are only 3 scum, it seems ludicrous to me to suggest that three scum would sit on the
same
town counterwagon together, especially when it became increasingly obvious that Arugula was going to be lynched.

As for Feysal, there's not much that I can point to and say, "Look, scum!" besides the timing of his vote on Arugula D1 and the improbability of an all-town wagon of that size. I don't think PbPA would be overly productive right now, in any case.

I'm not going to entertain the idea of you being scum, so I'm just going to vote now and hope that you make the right decision.

VOTE: Feysal
Sproink!
DJ P0n-3
DJ P0n-3
Goon
DJ P0n-3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 pm

Post by DJ P0n-3 »

That... actually makes a lot of sense, Trixie.

z__z

I need to sleep on this.
DJ P0n-3
DJ P0n-3
Goon
DJ P0n-3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:43 am

Post by DJ P0n-3 »

I slept poorly. I don't want to make this decision.
DJ P0n-3
DJ P0n-3
Goon
DJ P0n-3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am

Post by DJ P0n-3 »

Okay.

At the end of the day I have to go with my gut over what CES might have said. Konowa and/or Feysal made sense yesterday, and Konowa and/or Feysal still makes sense today, looking back at things. Trixie's posting yesterday just didn't feel like scum. I also like how she cross-voted, and put the faith in me to make the right choice, whereas Feysal seems to know he 'has it in the bag' and has this smarmy attitude that's just... I don't know. And he didn't cross vote even though to him things should be plain and therefore his choice should be easy. So, I have to do what
I think
is the right thing, regardless of what happens if I'm wrong. And if I'm wrong and two MLP games in a row go to scum, then so be it, and I'm sorry.

Vote: Feysal

Fingers crossed.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:17 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

This one may take a bit.

Stand by

Outro music

Scene likely up in a couple hours, ive been busy this last week and should be getting started on it soon.
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

As Feysal walked off into the Everfree Forest, Rainbow Dash really did not know what to expect next. It was over, that much was obvious one way or the other, the question really was if it was over in a good way or not. Before she could even turn around it was a familiar laugh that gave the question to that one away, well the laughter and the fact that she was tackled to the ground from behind by somepony that smelled distinctively like sugar.

Pinkie! Get off of me!

The protests didnt matter, the pink blur talking a mile a minute kept Rainbow Dash pinned to the ground in a hug.

Oh Dashie I thought that we might not ever get you back to the way that you originally were especially when I had to say goodbye early to Rarity and Applejack and...

Pinkie - breath

then I got lonely and thought to myself what would Rainbow Dash do so I considered taking a nap but it was no time for a nap...

Breath!

so I kept at it and at it and at it and then today happened and what happened happened and then I got all excited

How is she not breathing?

and then I tackled you and then started talking and I was doing that circular breathing thing which is why I have been able to keep talking this whole time

Wait? How did you know... you know what? Never mind.

Rainbow Dash finally managed to push Pinkie Pie off her who fell to the ground and continued to look at Rainbow Dash just grinning, obviously very proud of herself and very happy to have her friend back.

Pinkie...

Rainbow Dash walked over to the pink pony who had gotten herself back up on her hooves but had not lost the joyous look on her face for a moment.

Thanks

It was Rainbow Dash's turn to hug her friend, just not quiet as aggressively

From the bottom of my heart, thanks for what you did and for what the rest of you did.

Are you crying Dashie?

Rainbow Dash broke off the hug and turned away

No! No... you just got dust in my eyes when you tackled me like that and its making them watery.

Ah think ya were

This time it was Applejack's turn to get tackled by a hugging pink blur having just walked out of the forest, obviously having been watching the whole time.

Yeah... thanks to you too AJ. I wouldnt be here right now without you or Rarity. Speaking of Rarity, why is she just standing there waving and smiling?

Cause ya dont like writin diolauge for her

Yep. That makes sense. Thanks Rarity!

Rarity continued to just wave and smile

Heh heh. Awesome

With that they all turned and walked back to town, some more silently then others. Pinkie Pie would for sure want to throw some sort of party after this, and they would have lots of stories to swap.

------

Feysal - Mr. Cake (The Baker Pony) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Banished from Ponyville Day Seven

That means

Spoiler:
fatlikepig - Zecora (The Zebra) -
Discord
aligned Vanilla - Returned to Friendship in the Endgame

DJ P0n-3 - Pinkie Pie (The Party Pony) -
Friendship
aligned Encryptor - Survived and Won

Mod stuff up later. Friendship can post the QT if they feel like it.
You don't earn
loyalty
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Really not the ending that I was expecting as a reader of this game. Nicely done DJ!
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Konowa »

Alright. DJ, who the fuck?

Also, /in for next if there is another
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

A next game probably will not be for some time. When you think setup idea, design, flavor and tinkering these take me about two months from concept to queue.

Right now I have a few concepts for what the next game might be, but I havent decided which way im going to go given how open ended the plot of these games is at this point. If I had to guess design past concept would start mid November or so. Plus I want to be sure I have more time since I started to have some wierd timing things which I think hurt flavor quite a bit as the game went on.
You don't earn
loyalty
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

And that my friends is how you carry a scum team to victory by yourself. Well done DJ. You deserve a scummy for this. I'll go nominate you later.

I'll let DJ decide whether we post it, not that it is all that important.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Konowa »

I'll do this here as well.

I want to apologize openly to RD for having to prod me as much as I did in endgame. You did a great job with design and modding and I want to thank you for the game.

Open question to players in game: I have realized my endgame sucks, what obvious improvement, aside activity, should I work on?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I liked when people mentioned me and tried to make connections off of me. Got a good laugh.
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Post by Feysal »

I was writing this when the thread was locked. Might as well post it.

In post 1639, DJ P0n-3 wrote:
Spoiler: ...

Fingers crossed.

You uncross those fingers and stick them in your ears. You are about to receive a mouthful.

So I was supposed to be Friendship for not saying I trusted you to do the right thing. Can you not guess why? I did
not
, and neither did Trixie, which is exactly why she left you alive so you could ruin everything. Did you seriously think I would kill my only defender and trust the WIFOM to turn your head, when no amount of reasoning and the opinions of other town had? Did you think I would willingly place my fate in your hands? Do you think I'm
insane
?

You were my number one concern for the last days, above and beyond who was Friendship, since I knew we had the numbers to get them. Since I could not get rid of you, I had to weigh everything I said and did in an effort not to provoke you, all in vain. Never again. In my honest opinion you are highly unstable and prone to tunneling and irrationality. You have displayed consistently poor judgement and a preference of wifom over reason. Consequently I would not trust you farther than I could spit, and I would trust your judgement less.

In post 1639, DJ P0n-3 wrote:I'm sorry.

You should be. I can forgive scum since they are not scum by choice. But I do not forget, and I do not forgive idiots.

Now I want to know who you are. I want to know so I can avoid the displeasure of playing against you again.

SPIT IN FACE: DJ P0n-3

How do you like this attitude, you filthy little traitor? Enjoy your victory, scum. You will never be trusted again.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 pm

Post by Brandi »

So I was right about DJ early on. But at that point no one would listen to me. *sigh*
Second time in a game where scum has tunneled on me early game and coasted because of such. :I

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”