Scummies 2012 Nominations (Deadline For Noms)

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am

Post by UberNinja »

If it's a recurring hydra, I would assume the hydra account gets it.

If it was a one-off and they don't plan to use it again, I'd prefer it be given to both heads separately, on their mains.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:38 am

Post by Faraday »

In post 599, Jarvis wrote:I think the suggestion was more whether the alt gets it, the main gets it, or both? And while we're on the subject, what theoretically happens if a hydra is nominated?

Depends on if it's public, if it's a public alt used to supplement a BOW award then it can go on the main. Hydra goes to Hydra and main's in the mod awards, at least. See: Andrius and Plum as Bilbo Baggins.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Baseline
Baseline
Goon
Baseline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Baseline »

Thanks for the nomination Dunhamganger but I am indeed an alt and have only replaced into two games ever with it and given it's a BoW award I'm barely eligible.
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Dunhamganger »

That's why I went for Most Memorable Event. But. You're a p. cool guy regardless.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 602, Baseline wrote:Thanks for the nomination Dunhamganger but I am indeed an alt and have only replaced into two games ever with it and given it's a BoW award I'm barely eligible.

2 games would be fine if they were oustanding, I guess, but yeah the more the better for this type of thing. Pity you're bad, eh? :P
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Nominate PiggyGal15 for
Best Moment
&
Rising Star
in Micro 49: Double Elimination.

Great fakeclaim. She was part of a "three" (see game for how this works) person scumteam where two of the scum died on D1/N1 and went on to win it fairly easily.

Edit: Clarified nomination. ty, Faraday & Medhi.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by Faraday »

Eh. Petapan got lynched day 1 and died night 1? Have you considered rising star for piggy or something instead?

edit: just because it doesn't sound like it quite fits best performance scumgroup unless peta was part of some massive gambit or...something.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Well, what can I nominate her for, Faraday? If Rising Star fits, then that's fine. I thought that was just for people that joined in 2012 though. I just think her play was worthy of recognition, whatever the category is. I agree that peta's play was nothing spectacular, but I was really impressed with her.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Best Manipulator, Best Moment (since her good fake claim is what really helped her), rising star all fit fine. I believe rising star includes most improved and doesn't have any year limit.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by Faraday »

Rising Star isn''t limited by year , Red. Newbie was, which is why it was gotten rid of.

Memorable Moment might work, too. You could try both? Always best to err on the side of caution if unsure of a category, imo. Doesn't actually create extra reading for then judging, anyway.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Post by petapan »

yeah there was 0 communication due to the nature of the setup so it wasn't really a group performance thing
free crypto
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay, cool.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 am

Post by mastin2 »

Nominate UberNinja for Don Corelone
. Not for any specific game, mind you. (It's a body of work awards, after all.) He's just a strong scum player overall. Rather, he's good at doing what he needs to do in order to survive. For instance, in 1377, it didn't matter how many people were suspicious of him; he threw up a storm and posted
exactly
what he needed to do to create that vital doubt from people. His posting there was fairly strong and most the living players had, at least at some points in the game, been reading him quite strongly as town. Plus, look at his posts in the scum QT; he nailed down exactly what the scumteam needed to do in order to pull through with the win, laying out quite clearly their plan; of the three scum players, he was the one I'd see as being most in charge of what to do.

Also, I followed along the ending of MLP, and knowing DJ is UN, well, he won when both his scumbuddies died on d1 and d2, so he eliminated the whole town by himself.

To put the nom in words, He's not very good at keeping suspicion off of himself, but he's VERY good at keeping the suspicion on him from getting him lynched, AND at coordinating the scum's actions, both qualities of a good scum player.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
drmyshotgun
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
drmyshotgun
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 am

Post by drmyshotgun »

In post 612, mastin2 wrote:
. Not for any specific game, mind you. (It's a body of work awards, after all.) He's just a strong scum player overall. Rather, he's good at doing what he needs to do in order to survive. For instance, in 1377, it didn't matter how many people were suspicious of him; he threw up a storm and posted
exactly
what he needed to do to create that vital doubt from people. His posting there was fairly strong and most the living players had, at least at some points in the game, been reading him quite strongly as town. Plus, look at his posts in the scum QT; he nailed down exactly what the scumteam needed to do in order to pull through with the win, laying out quite clearly their plan; of the three scum players, he was the one I'd see as being most in charge of what to do.

Also, I followed along the ending of MLP, and knowing DJ is UN, well, he won when both his scumbuddies died on d1 and d2, so he eliminated the whole town by himself.

To put the nom in words, He's not very good at keeping suspicion off of himself, but he's VERY good at keeping the suspicion on him from getting him lynched, AND at coordinating the scum's actions, both qualities of a good scum player.

I'd totally
2nd
this.
My GTKAS!
100% Win Rate in Micro: 10 Games!!
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Post by Axxle »

exactly

3rd
. I felt completely powerless as town in that game.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Post by Venmar »

exactly

4th
, I can vouch for UberNinja when I say that his scumplay is quite spectacular.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

5th UN
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by BBmolla »

nth UN
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:49 am

Post by Bitmap »

(Σ from i = 1 to inf of nth) UN
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Day Kill: Uber Ninja

I mean..I support this wagon for his nom.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by N »

In post 0, Scummies wrote:
  • Outstanding MishMash Game
    Spoiler: Description
    Awarded to the person who runs the best game in the Mish Mash subforum. The Mish Mash Moderator will choose a panel to decide the best Mish Mash Game.
Are we supposed to nom mish mash games here too? I want to nominate Ether for Telephone Pictionary.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:29 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

+1 UN
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 620, N wrote:
In post 0, Scummies wrote:
  • Outstanding MishMash Game
    Spoiler: Description
    Awarded to the person who runs the best game in the Mish Mash subforum. The Mish Mash Moderator will choose a panel to decide the best Mish Mash Game.
Are we supposed to nom mish mash games here too? I want to nominate Ether for Telephone Pictionary.

Yes, you are. They are nominated like mafia games, and just judged separately.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Nominate Klick for Rising Star

So, Klick used to be this, and was a serial flaker who used to join a shit ton of games and then disappear from all of them soon after. Now he stays in games and posts in them, and still does weird shit on occasion, but you can see reading through his games that he is improving fast (mostly because he's in so many damn games). I've played with him three times recently: Newbie 1270, Micro 28, Newbie 1272. In Newbie 1270, he replaced in, didn't do much, got lynched because I didn't like his predecessor, so that's not really that big of a deal. Micro 28, he was a serious town buddy of mine, and ended up being killed night 2 because there was clearly no way that anyone was going to execute him, and in 1272, he helped energize a town that was pretty much fucked in 5p LyLo, was regarded by town by pretty much everyone, correctly identified me as scum, and only *barely* didn't get the lynch through. I don't know if he just needed a new account or something, but wow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 am

Post by Klick »

:)

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”