Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Eidolon »

Hi all. just now catching up with the game.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Eidolon »

Okay. catching up now. theres a lot, so i'll just post some things as i go along. not sure how long it'll take me to fully catch up.

I've played a theme where powers were bought but never one quite like this before with auctioning and such. Not sure how much help i'll be in regards to setup spec.

First of all, i think a BBmola lynch would be an okay move. It would suck for someone to have to waste their money bidding against scum to buy the nk to vig kill him when it can be done on day 1. day 1 is probably the best day to do it. i was just in a game where town lost due to scum fakeclaiming miller and never being killed. i don't think we should take that risk, especially since people are saying he fake claims a lot.

After the first couple pages biggest suspects are greygnarl and seanald. Both for laying kinda low and instigating rather than bringing anything strong to the table. Don't get the jump on tammy. In fact, her response seemed pretty towny to me.

This is all i've got right now. Still reading up so i'll have more when i can.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Eidolon »

so far i'm willing to vote seanald. i do want to be caught up before voting, but i realize how important speed is for getting powers. i'll try to be caught up tonight.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 am

Post by Eidolon »

no nk here
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Eidolon »

OMFGGGGGGGG

will this thread ever end!!!! i keep reading and reading and reading and i still have... 10 pages to go. holy sh!t. are we close to a lynch yet? we've got to be close.

where to begin?

Well let's start with my scummy list: defender, voided, guille, tazaro.

I'm pretty sure one of the people pushing on MOI was probably bussing. The case just seemed to come up too easily for a more experienced player like MOI. one of those people pushing him had to have KNOWN he was scum. Prob not stefanb but one of the others. i'll get back to that later.

btw i think it's perfectly possible that molla is a sk. miller vig is just too convenient. but i like that he's killing for town, so we should prob keep him around for a while at least.

not really sure whats going on with the night action stuff but out of that list that GB posted, i'd prefer tracker, could do banker too i guess. I probably will have to read everything regarding setup more clearly before picking my night action though, missed night 0.

I won't really get too in depth with my reads unless asked, pretty sure were near a lynch so i'd rather hold out until tomorrow.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 695, Voidedmafia wrote:
Kindly explain now.

there's no point in broadcasting my thoughts to scum if we're about to lynch someone and i can focus better on pushing them tomorrow when i'm fully caught up.

as far as not getting any night actions, i'll listen to what town suggests. I know i haven't been around much to prove my towniness, it'll be apparent soon enough, but i'll take considerations from those that i have a solid town read on or what town decides as a whole. i might just invest.

PEDIT: hmm, i wouldn't be totally against transferring to tammy, i have a town read on her, but i'd rather use it on my own or invest. O.o anyways your plan isn't perfect because no offense but your scumdar certainly isn't fullproof. i think we should only be transferring to top, solid town reads. (which would for me really only be mehdi & stefan)
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:54 am

Post by Eidolon »

oh sh!t.

ummmmmm. i guess i should mention this O.o

i just looked at my role pm more carefully. i cannot transfer invest or advertise.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 702, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
In post 700, Eidolon wrote:oh sh!t.

ummmmmm. i guess i should mention this O.o

i just looked at my role pm more carefully. i cannot transfer invest or advertise.

SCUM.

HHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

why would i bring up a unique utility of my role pm if i were lying? i'm not a dumb enough scum to contest in such a way to a plan that could easily have possibly been dismantled had i waited some time.

Nah it's just part of my role. deal with it.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:09 am

Post by Eidolon »

the plan is alright (for everyone else, at least) but i also agree that it should be focused to a fewer amount of people, ensuring that the money more likely goes to townies.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 715, SlumberPartyBois wrote:
In post 713, Eidolon wrote:why would i bring up a unique utility of my role pm if i were lying? i'm not a dumb enough scum to contest in such a way to a plan that could easily have possibly been dismantled had i waited some time.

Nah it's just part of my role. deal with it.

You would because you'll be caught tomorrow otherwise when your assigned player doesn't get his money lol

what?

you clearly know how ridiculous that statement was, hence the nervous laugh at the end. stop bullshitting.

I'd have no reason to bring unnessessary attention to myself BEFORE anyone even gave any thoughts about the plan, if i were really scum.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Eidolon »

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p4449822]
Guiles suggestion and Eidolons backing up of giving funds to fewer players is a horrible idea. Focused money on a specific few players just increases the likelihood of a bunch of our funds going missing in one night if one of those players die. It's much better to spread it over 8ish or so players than having it on 3-4.[/quote]

that makes sense. i guess a balance is key. slumber's list was okay, though i dunno about peregrine.

and whatever.

i'll just claim to get it out of the way. i don't really care.

i'm the conspicious consumer. if any ability goes up for auction due to it being advertised, i get a free usage of that ability.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:24 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 731, Eidolon wrote:
i'm the conspicious consumer. if any ability goes up for auction due to it being advertised, i get a free usage of that ability.

except a night kill.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 732, greygnarl wrote:Do you have money?
Can we confirm her by advertising for Governor?

yeah i have money. i dont get a wage though.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 734, Mehdi2277 wrote:Eid why did you not at least advertise if that's your ability? You could have advertised minimal and got an easy ability use since not many people fight over advertising.

Advertising for extra vote would also confirm her. Really any role power that has an effect shown in thread would work.

i can't advertise, transfer or invest. only buy things, and use abilities that some else advertises.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 738, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 731, Eidolon wrote:i'm the conspicious consumer. if any ability goes up for auction due to it being advertised, i get a free usage of that ability.

That's what GreyICE claimed last game as the SK..

okay
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 743, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
SK role PM last game:

Outside the System: You
may not use the Invest action (see Section IV), and you may not spend money on Advertising
(see Section V).
The Fruits of Their Labor: If the Day has an auction from Advertising (see Section V),
you will receive one usage of that ability automatically
. You may still win that auction as normal.

do you really expect it to be exactly the same as last game?

that would be quite dull. i bet the mod really want the town to outguess him... :roll:
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Eidolon »

why not first make the list of who goes for what item? and then make sure that each person on that list is getting money from someone else.

but yeah it should only be one - one trades.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

Post by Eidolon »

no no no stefan needs to get money, he's like one of the towniest people. i obviously am not transferring anything.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Eidolon »

just to be clear i don't get any night killing abilities, even if it's advertised.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:00 am

Post by Eidolon »

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say this before the day got through.

on my behavior:

The main thing that can be used against me was simply that i was inactive. It was over a period of what, four days, where I was inactive in all of my games. I simply wasn't here. I probably signed up for too many games, and have been trying to catch up in all of them, so it's not unreasonable that it took me a while to catch up and get involved. This is not indicative of my affiliation because I was away from the site for a while.

When slumberbois gave out the plan, I voiced my concerns with the plan but stated that i'd be willing to do what he suggested. A few minutes later I checked my pm because i remembered that i had a unique role with some stipulations to it. I was being honest and upfront about my role. I gave out my info immediately, and drew attention to myself in the process, before much was even said about the plan. This is something that scum wouldn't normally do.

on my claim:

My claim actually makes perfect sense when we look at the theme and context. The mod was giving a clever ode to his last game. Apparently GreyIce was serial killer in the first installment of this game, and he used conspicuous consumer as his fake claim. So, due to the role being a town fake claim from the last game, it makes sense that that the actual role is town aligned. This is putting enough of a twist on the role to still make it interesting and fresh. I bet it fits balance wise, as well. If anything, there's not enough evidence to suggest that i am a serial killer, so my claim is pretty much null.

I find it suspicious that GreyIce in particular is trying to paint me as scummy. He of all people should know that 1. that he fake claimed conspicuous consumer, meaning that it's title is town aligned. 2. That the mod would likely make a nod to his claim in this game due to him winning the first game. 3. it would be unlikely for a mod to put two SK's whose mechanics mirror one another precisely in two installments of a theme.

I'd have to look at his iso more clearly but i do find that to be suspicious. Now, i'm gonna go read up on whats been happening. I see voided is refusing the plan. why? And now you all can continue to call me scummy so that i won't be night killed, tyvm.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Eidolon »

defender, what about the scum group that you said was on your lynch?

You pretty much just named three people that are on everyones lists... and only gave blanketed statements as your reasoning.

either really poor scumhunting, or fake.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”