Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Gentlemen Bastards »

Mechanical typing has nothing to do with it being a mechanical setup, none whatsoever, mechanical typing has to do with holding back and being unnatural. Getting a scum lynch is much more important than $5 efficiency bonus so if you agree and can see what I'm saying about Defender you'd think he's not mafia and not want to lynch him. Also lets see, in I called you out for being online but not posting in the thread at 3:18PM, you responded in stating 'sorry about being lurky games are going fast elsewhere' at 3:31PM, 13 minutes later. In I call you out as a potential lynch and in I point out your activity elsewhere again at 2:04PM, you respond in with the 'sorry for lurking again' at 2:49PM 45 minutes later, so either you're saying that coincidentally both times your name has been brought up as a potential lynch or seen as scummy you've just happened to browse the thread and post? I don't buy it, not one time bit.

I'll start it if others are too shy:

Unvote, Vote: Phillamon
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

That's pretty false considering how active this game has been. I still want a defender lynch though considering a big part of it remains with the qt comment. I think most people would take one and anyone who has one shouldn't think of it as a scum slip at all. One lynch I'd be willing to transfer to right now is elmo (I also think guille has been very lazy with this game when he'd be more useful as town and really tends to not ever add much new).

And GB I seriously doubt ice is the kind of player to not know what to claim for money considering how much he likes the set up spec for this game. I'm fine hearing a detailed explanation, but I doubt it's going to support your theory.

Defender it's not 5 bucks. It's 5 per town player. And we've pretty much agreed on everything so unnecessary extending is just dumb.

P-edit: I'd much rather lynch elmo if we move anywhere else for the lynch.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.19

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch.

D3f3nd3r (8): Mehdi2277, StefanB, greygnarl, PeregrineV, Phillammon, Tazaro, BBmolla, Pitty
Seanald (1): SlumberPartyBois
Tammy (1): Elmo TeH AzN
BBmolla (1): GreyICE
Phillammon (1): Gentlemen Bastards

Not Voting (7): Guille2015, Voidedmafia, D3f3nd3r, Eidolon, Seanald, Salamence20, Tammy

Deadline is November 12th, at 11:00pm EST (site time).
Countdown to deadline:
(expired on 2012-11-12 22:00:00)
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Mehdi, post the table.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Then change Elmo to Voided or Seanald so we can lynch.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 am

Mehdi, I really can't work out what it is with you but you've got some sort of gut town read on Philla or something you need to drop. Instead look at him appearing when FoS'ed only, it's actually an incredibly strong scum-tell. In daytalk games scum generally follow the whole thread, talk with partners inside QT and try and only post when they have to so they can watch the votes and stay out of the way.

Also $5 for every town player is still a very worthy sacrifice for a scum lynch over a town lynch. Seriously look at Defenders meta responses to getting run up as town, it's to admit he's an idiot and a bad player and state that if they think the lynch is best ok, he's done the same thing this game. It's so genuine it hurts.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:05 am

Post by greygnarl »

We are not doing Phillamon.

Eidolon
Elmo

Those are the only ones with clear cases on them. greyice could've done 45 on one and 55 on something else and then rather than rounding Magua just added it up. There are too many ways for this logic to not work and wasting time it is bad.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 am

Post by greygnarl »

I also felt Defender's posts were genuine meta aside. I can make genuine souding posts as hammered scum though so I don't put much into that.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:07 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

$5 per townie. Assuming $1900 remains, I assume that would be a total of $70 a day, assuming a total of five living scum. We'd already be making $650, assuming townies except BBMolla (who claimed) all get the $50 Magua said in his example Role PM. Assuming we do lynch in, say, the next week, we're still making around half of what we'd make if we lynched on RL day 1 of the Day.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:08 am

In post 981, greygnarl wrote:We are not doing Phillamon.

Please for the love of god explain to me how I'm the only one seeing him being obvscum here and no one else is because it's getting frustrating. Also I don't think Magua 'adds up' to determine what the negative is but we did contemplate testing that tonight.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I'll post it in a bit sala (it needs changing for every value since we lost 5 each).

It's a worthy sacrifice when I think the lynch is wrong. I don't. The only scum meta you have on d3fender looks like his first game on site. When there's only one scum game to contrast his town meta and it's pretty much his first game that doesn't remove my scum read on him.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 am

Post by greygnarl »

Phillammon is definitely a townread but somebody who is lurking past deadlines and failing to post and somebody who is using the SK's fake claim while not being exactly protown themselves really need to go first.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:19 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

In post 654, GreyICE wrote:I will say I did bid on the roleblocker, but got outbid. Also tried to drive the price up on the investigation immunity, even though I didn't expect to win (one tactic that worked very well for me in the first game was to drive up the price of auctions I didn't expect to win, to drain the town's money supply. The same concept works in reverse).
In post 832, GreyICE wrote:I'm sorry, $90 plus efficiency. Magua charged me $10 for my bids.

regpire im not seeing the numbers inconsistency from greyice? if he bid his full 100 he should have 90 left.

someone who bid unsuccessfully, did your returned funds come with a decimal or did magua cleanly round/truncate your losses?
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

Post by SlumberPartyBois »

motherfucker
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

In post 987, kanyeknowsbest wrote:
In post 654, GreyICE wrote:I will say I did bid on the roleblocker, but got outbid. Also tried to drive the price up on the investigation immunity, even though I didn't expect to win (one tactic that worked very well for me in the first game was to drive up the price of auctions I didn't expect to win, to drain the town's money supply. The same concept works in reverse).
In post 832, GreyICE wrote:I'm sorry, $90 plus efficiency. Magua charged me $10 for my bids.

regpire im not seeing the numbers inconsistency from greyice? if he bid his full 100 he should have 90 left.

someone who bid unsuccessfully, did your returned funds come with a decimal or did magua cleanly round/truncate your losses?
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:20 am

In post 987, kanyeknowsbest wrote:

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

He truncates them.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 am

Post by Phillammon »

I will admit it looks like beetlejuice. Just as long as you exclusively look at posts between yourself and myself. And you'll also note that in the second post you cited, I was apologizing for lurking IN AN UNRELATED GAME. If unclear, yes, it is indeed coincidental.

You're right that it wouldn't be worth $5 per player for the single mislynch. Unfortunately, what you appear to be advocating is lynching a different townie over another, and it's very close to getting up to $10 per player, which is almost certainly more than the original worth of said player. Unless you have actually caught scum for sure (which you haven't, as of yet), then speed may well be more important. If we're still at this point in three or four days time, which isn't out of the question, then it will be absolutely NECESSARY to hit scum to earn back the money. As I said earlier, this game is much more mechanical than a "regular" mafia game, and discussion's value must be weighed up against the value of the town's nightgame.

In spite of all I just said, UNVOTE: . I'm leaning towards an Elmo lynch, if we're changing.

PEdit: 8 Ninjas? Wow.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
SlumberPartyBois
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
SlumberPartyBois
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:23 am

does anyone want to claim bidding for roleblocker/investigation immunity besides greyice?

greyice can you confirm exactly how much you bid on each of these items and how much of your funds you received back from each?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 984, Gentlemen Bastards wrote:
In post 981, greygnarl wrote:We are not doing Phillamon.

Please for the love of god explain to me how I'm the only one seeing him being obvscum here and no one else is because it's getting frustrating. Also I don't think Magua 'adds up' to determine what the negative is but we did contemplate testing that tonight.

Brief readthrough of Phil ISO does look that damning. I don't like the fact he has only 7 posts when there is definitely a lot to talk about this game.

Town points for voting MoI, but loses points for first post+MoI vote all coming after MoI rant.

Will switch to Pitty with little coaxing, but if you want a Phil vote I'll have to go look at a few scum/town games.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Gentlemen Bastards
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Gentlemen Bastards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

If you need meta-proof that scum with day-talk do exactly what Phillamon is doing then Post Apocalyptic Mafia where Nicodemus and I were more active in the daytalk QT then the thread and bounced thoughts and 'can/should i post this' sort of things of each other there rather then the actual thread and Fantasy Camp Mafia where MoS, DH and I spent a lot of time observing the thread and there were some points where we followed every post, talked about them in the QT but never actually posted in the thread for days at a time.

Our loss was rounded up. But lets say a bid of $45 = $5 lost, shouldn't a bid of $55 = $6 lost by that logic thus $11 lost total? We didn't lose on two different things to see if Magua decided $45+55 = 100/10 = $10 not $11 but not seeing him doing that.

Ninjaed a lot, going to read them now.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Look, being a man who plays (In his opinion) good scum, I can tell good reads from bad. Defender's were really bad.

He's scum. What he is doing is delaying the lynch even longer, cutting our money, like scum want.

For example,
BBMolla almost tricked town out of his lynch, even when he was a confirmed guilty

I'm not buying "Last second townieness". The plan must continue, we must lynch defender, transfer, and buy all the items. Anyone that doesn't follow this plan is confscum (added with all lurkers/fluffers, such as Eld, Elmo, etc.)

P-Edit: Keep on Defender.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 492, Phillammon wrote:
While I'm here, VOTE: D3f3nd3r too, as he does indeed seem pretty scummy. His attempting to buddy me earlier didn't help.

In post 992, Phillammon wrote:Unfortunately, what you appear to be advocating is lynching a different townie over another, and it's very close to getting up to $10 per player, which is almost certainly more than the original worth of said player. Unless you have actually caught scum for sure (which you haven't, as of yet), then speed may well be more important.

How did Defender go from scum to "another townie"? And how did we not "catch scum" with him?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Long, slow days = Paranoia.

Defender is scum.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Phillammon »

Thanks, GB. Now kindly try pieces of my own meta, rather than projected self meta. Masons and Mafia I wasn't technically mafia, but I had daytalk and much the same as what you described occured. Meta is still in my wiki, still go get it. As I have said: I had 2 larges start at the same time, another one which I won't go into detail on but has drawn a lot of time, and I haven't had as much time to spend on any of this as I would have liked to. The lurking will stop happening as time goes on. That said, I'm unlikely to have any net connection at all for the weekend, so it won't improve then. I'll try to be useful for now, though.

PV: Because I was pointing out was GB was saying, given he's saying that D3f3nd3r is town. Besides which, d3f is looking reasonably townish now.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”