Team Fortress 2 - MafiaScum Edition COMING BACK MAYBE?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #687 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have heard alot about the game got nothing to do tonight. Its free and so I will download and play a game. Will likly try playing as Spy as that class sounds most interesting to me
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #689 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Medic and engineer classes also interest me. Should spy not serve me well, I'll go those directions. Was also going to explore the training mode features. This game has good diversity on the classes, which I like in games
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #690 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Game takes a long time to download so it might be awhile before I am in there

Is there a server the scummers frequent? I don't want to read the entire thread
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #694 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

I haven't gone online yet, been in training modes and offline play. Spy is a little rough. Been disguising myself early to avoid sentries then cloakin to corners and Zapping/Stabing whats important. I've found the magnum pretty useless

Engineer seems very technical and good for red defence. Place dispenser and sentry near an important objective. Place tele entry and exit where needed then defend with sentry

Medic doesn't seem to have a training mode. Since I have heard good things about them I will need to learn how to use it and its tools some other way
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #697 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Engineer seems to be suiting me best at the moment

Nametag is nojkoor1584
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #700 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Is there a server and or time you guys normally start to play on saturday?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #701 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I started playing online. Been using whatever class is mosted needed for my teams current situation. If my team has needed medics or sentries or whatever, I have been playing based on that

Most of the time I have been heavy, pyro, and engineer. And those are suitng me well

Here is a rather bad joke based on game fact. I played with a heavy who was named Michael Jackson. He said the team needed a medic. So I went Medic. Guess who I healed as medic...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #707 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In case it wasn't obvious I have interest

Would love to join up and take on machines or just beat down other teams in whatever game type
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #708 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Name on there now is DangerZone

Been mostly pyro, heavy, engy, and medic. Have not been spy much. Is quite a bit dificult as spy. Also weapons I have been getting have been mostly pyro related. I also got a hold of medival medic set so thats been serving me well. I want the cloak and dagger. if I get it then I will give my spy skills time to get better
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #710 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

My main desktop computer which I use for TF2 is having motherboard issues so might be a bit before I play more

Side note, I decide to try useing a game controllers over my piece of crap keyboard and mouse. The Madcatz xbox controller I own wasn't working entirly with TF2 when i gave it a try earlier. All buttons worked but the right Stick was not getting properly picked up by the game. I was unable to turn my head or look left and right in the game. I know the controller itself works as I have used that same joystick with some of my computer's N64 roms. Anyone know a fix to my controller situation for TF2?
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #712 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

My home keyboard and mouse are ass. I play too many video games and rom games. My love of video games made me want to use a controller for the roms. Figured I'd give the controller a try for the expierence and see how it felt before I broke down and bought a new keyboard and mouse

Edit: A better way than using ass to describe the situation is the Mouse is overly sensitive. If lazer hits a bump on my desk then it jumps far off where I was just aiming. Basically you character auto switched to looking at the floor or the cieling in under a second
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #726 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

The madcatz xbox controller is also used with Xbox when I have 4 people over so I didn't get it for the sole purpose of my PC roms its got multi purpose so I figured I'd give it I try before I take advantage of holiday sales

Thing that makes my keyboard odd is well... take a look at the keyboard in front of you. Notice how the buttons are slanted underneath each other. The Q is somewhat diagonal from the A. Now with my home computer, they vertically line up. Sure some buttons are naturally bigger than others like tab and enter but they aren't 1.5 other buttons sizes they are 2. Ever wonder why I am notoriously a bad speller? Thats part of it since all other keyboards do have the slant

BTW does the wrangler's sentry boosts enhance the mini sentry you get from gunslinger?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #729 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Motherboard situation fixed

Got new keyboard, sold old one to buddy that owns a computer parts store

Plan to look into a gamer's mouse as I think I'd rather have more buttons on my mouse to hit with my right hand than my left hand. There are alot of controls in this game and buttons you got to use so finding a less cumbersome way to do it and upgrade my mouse at the same time, sounds like a good idea especially since I am right handed. All the controls and things you can do in this game is hard to remember and hit even if you use wasd. I'd hate to see a nob that was using the arrows try to play this game. I think the frustration they would have would be amusing

In my recent playing I have come to agree that the medic is awesome and a very important part of the team. Only issues I have with it is I feel I need a vita or uber saw to get ubers faster. Also medieval medic set I got is great but I often find myself getting shot up and nedding even more health as medic. Either I need to learn where the medpacks are in the levels, need to select better heavies to pocket with, or I need to get a better loadout than crossbow/amputator/medigun for my medic. Any advice?

Also I still love the potential spy brings to the table but I am not very good with it yet. Is there a map or gametype I should try with it to get practice? Only spy item I have managed to get via drop was big earner and diamond back and diamond back is not too good
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #732 (isolation #13) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

When i am medic I usually stay back healing all or the nearest heavy until I have uber. When I get uber I charge into battle with my heavy. After that either we both die or he dies and I got away. The problem I have is the getting away. Either I suceed and in that case have trouble getting my health back. Some lucky guy finds me amongst the guys I am now group healing and I get picked off or I just don't get away. Rarely do I die before my heavy which I find surprising. Either my oppenants are just daft at who to shoot at when the uber ends or they just hate heavies

I do have the blutsauer but I'm not a good battle medic. I realize the gun heals you as you hurt others, but my first impulse as medic is to run rather than fight so that's likly why I not good battle medic. Think I will have to try being a battle medic more and force myself to use it. Or maybe I wonder if getting quickfix or kritzkrieg and using kritz's taunt or the quickfixes faster healing rate for yourself would be a good idea

my fav game type is also payload. I don't think I ever tried Red (defense) Spy. Perhaps that would serve me well
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #742 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

I took some time to thinks based on your guys awesome feedback. I think Blutsauer, medigun, vita may be best for my playstyle.

Dieing is something I never strive to do, but if it does happen, vita saw will help me get ubers later so all the last charging not feel as wasteful

Blutsauer heals you quick and good for offense even if it lowers your natural heal rate. The lowering natural is worth the amount you would get if you were in a battle

Medigun, invulnerable guy beats all kritz guy, and healing less force effected guy. If I am not only medic then I use kritzkrieg to taunt heal self and give out kritz

I can unlock kritzkrieg eventually. I already got blut and medigun, so all I need now is vitasaw. trades anyone?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #751 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

account name: nojkoor1584
username or name i use in game at the moment: DangerZone

I played alot last weekend. Using a mouse pad has somehow corrected the lazer issue for the most part. Will likly still get a gamer's mouse as i still think using my right hand for that will make things easier. Also i got a crap ton of items from trades and some very generous people. So I am doing pretty good now, very few items i am still interested in trying. I realize most items are tradeoffs (loose one stat to gain another) in this game but some tradeoffs are definatly worth the reward
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #753 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I sort of messed up a little bit. I got a flare gun via achievement count for the pyro and I also found one via drop. Meant to craft the drop one into some metal but accidently crafted the other into some metal and eventually wound up with a untradable amputator. This amputator helped me complete the medieval medic set i have been using so yay I wasn't going to trade it anyway

I still have a flare gun from the drop so at least I still got a flare gun

Aside from having an untradeable item are there any other bad sides to metalizing your achievables?

If there are bad things I am not seeing, are there ways to undo them?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #758 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

cool, was afraid i had fucked myself somehow there or needed that exact item to prove I had a certain achievement value

By the way I just had an interesting thought. Let's say you are a spy and you disguise yourself as someone that has pyrovision goggles on. Will you now see the world in pyrovission as a spy?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #764 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Hey Umbrage, can you edit the first post to contain all the steam account or user names that have been given out in thread?

Playing casually with u guys is likly all it will amount, but if we do luckily get alot on at once, it will be aloy of fun

PokerFace wrote:account name: nojkoor1584
username or nickname i use in game at the moment: DangerZone
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #765 (isolation #19) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 761, CooLDoG wrote:So I got the achievement for the bow and arrow as a sniper. But I played with it a while back and thought it sucked. So I crafted it into metal. Is there any way for me to get it back? Does it random drop?

yes it random drops and can be crafted via the class, slot, scrap method. Both ways require a little luck but it can happen
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #779 (isolation #20) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

What is heatmaker?

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Hitman%27s_Heatmaker

I like the idea of it but you really need to team it with the razorback or cozycamper to get a true joy of the scope in features

I managed to get alot of weapons recently via trade, generous people, and me playing too much. The heatmaker and machina are what I like most. Not gotten bazaar and tried it yet. I managed to get both a dead ringer and cloak and dagger as well as tons of other spy stuff so I have been having more fun with that class aswell.

Also I joined a TF2 group so name is now <DT> DangerZone
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #785 (isolation #21) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

As a medic I have come to pocket whoever needs it most whenever

probably pocket heavy most. Soldier and demo tied for second. Pyro third. No real reason to pocket the others as extensivly

There is a medic achievement where ubered scout kills 3 in one uber, I think kritzkrieg would be needed for that. Not going to get that for awhile

Some new guns recently came out:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Loose_Cannon
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Rescue_Ranger
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Vaccinator

I really like the demo's and medic's new guns. They are now in my default loadouts. I have not gotten the engy's yet.

PF's demo default

loose canon
Targe
eyelander

PF's medic default

Overdose
vacinator
vita saw
I am quick with ubers and speed!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #796 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

What's so important about that 40 crate?

I have not been opening my crates as of late. Got 45, 49, 49, 54 at moment if someone actually wants to trade for them

I managed to find a rescue ranger. Only unique item i ain't got yet is Apocafists for my heavy. I consider it unique and not a reskin only becuase who doesn't want to punch with the power of explosions? If anyone has a spare let me know

Sorry i missed the scrim. Let me know if you have another

Classes pf plays the most in order: Heavy, engie, pyro, medic, scout, spy, sniper, demo, soldier
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #800 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

There is now a steam market you can use to market your items and crates. This is likly where my crates will go unless someone wants to offer me a trade for them soon

My current username on steam recently changed as I joined a clan on there so it is now <DT> DangerZone
My Steam Account name is nojkoor1584
likly easier to search for me via that account name

Feel free to friend and or play with me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #801 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

...necro

have been playing this more than halo 4 as of late. been having lot of fun

Got rescue ranger. I have come to really like the eureka effect and so I have not really gotten alot of use out of the ranger. Rare moments exist where i can take wrangler, ranger, jag and put the sentry in some crazy place. Map patches usually prevents it. Much perfer the warping and upgrading of eureka effect

Have found stock sniper rifle to be best of the sniper rifles especially when I pair it with jarate and bushwacka. Jarate strengths my rifle enough that I don't need to rely on charging or the head shoting all the time. It practically gives me the advantages of the Bargain, Machina and the Sleeper all at once

Did alot of other loudout tweaking and switching. Think I got sweet spot found for each class based on my playstyle. having lots of fun with this game. Anyone wanting to play with me sometime is welcome to do it

Return to “The Arcade”