nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 am

Post by nhammen »

In post 278, Parama wrote:Thez does not realize that you can scumhunt in short posts too.
Neat.
Question: Do you think this effects his alignment?

In post 293, PMysterious wrote:
In post 292, BirdAndBeast wrote:
Instead of howling about short days / quick lynches, lets discuss something relevant then?

It IS relevant in some way, if we DO quick-lynch, it might lead to a catastrophe. We need a combination of Day and Night in order to win. Well, Town that is. Mafia really only need luck that they don't get caught and the Night to kill us Townies. In other words, the longer the Day goes, the more likely the Mafia will get caught.
When he says relevant he means something about the alignment of players rather than theory discussions over what type of lynch is optimal. Theory talk is a good way for scum to hide. What reads do you have?

In post 300, Bumi wrote:
I find it interesting that your reads do not match the reads of anyone in this game. Unseen as town really surprises me. You have a recent join date. Are you new, an alt, or a player from another site?

In post 301, ArcAngel9 wrote:
Go a head quote whatever posts you would like but i am not the scum
What do you mean Null? Define it.
And how dare you make statements like that i could be removed? What are you trying to achieve here? you don't even know a thing about me.
Null means that I have no read either way on you yet. Can be removed means that you have had no real presence in the game. Your comments have mostly been pointless. Of course there are some players who have only made pointless posts, so there are people who are worse.

In post 319, KillerApple wrote:I have to agree with Heather on this one. I find it difficult to look for scum when a single opinion is being shoved down my throat.
(A)
Thez will probably flip town and I will probably be labeled as scum for this post alone. But I suppose it's only D1 so there isn't really much basis for any vote.
(B)
B&B, if Thez ends up being mafia then I will give you credit where it is due, but if not then you are probably wrong about all of the others that you have labeled scum since your reasoning was simply because they defended Thezmon or opposed you.

Also, ArcAngel you clearly misinterpreted that last quote of yours. Thezmon put together a list of scummy people that were voting for him. He didn't say that everyone who votes for him is scum. This looks like an obvious attempt to twist his words, which is very scummy to me.

VOTE: ArcAngel
A) Why do you believe that this post will result in you being called scum? Why submit the post if you have this feeling? Isn't saying that sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy (woe is me etc...)?
B) I do not believe that was the source of his reads, and I do not believe that being wrong about one read generalizes to being wrong on all reads.
C) I asked you a question, and no answer is contained in this post.
VOTE: KillerApple

In post 243, nhammen wrote:
In post 198, KillerApple wrote:I'm aware of that. It was mostly a reaction test, but I haven't really gotten one from him.
And what reaction did you hope to get?
For reference
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 am

Post by njoseph »

Whether or not this is stinky ...
Sunday post. <---- Sunday post, for today.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

ArcAngel9 (2): Aj The Epic, KillerApple
Baby Spice (1): theomoaner
BirdAndBeast (1): thezmon221
KillerApple (1): nhammen
Roger Thornhill (1): Archetype
SoraAdvent (1): Bumi
The Mini-Librarian (1): Robert2424
thezmon221 (9): The Mini-Librarian, BirdAndBeast, njoseph, Parama, ArcAngel9, SoraAdvent, Baby Spice, unseencamo, JohnnyFarrar
unseencamo (1): HeatherA
No Lynch (1): Roger Thornhill
Not voting (6): Albus Dumbledore, DayVigilante, ewo2, PMysterious, Sixx, JacobSavage

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.

theomoaner is prodded.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Idiotking replaces Archetype.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by JacobSavage »

Hey Idiot your here too :)
Reads wise nhammen and B&B are pretty obvious brownies. (Although a nheeammen / thez scum team isn't an entirely stupid suggestion based on their interactions.)
Parama, nj and Mini are probably town, that's just a gut read and a couple of little things I can't quite put my finger on.
If I had to call a scum tram now I'd say Sixx, Thez, Robert and Killer with just looking at the vote count and a memory of a couple of posts.
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
KillerApple
KillerApple
Townie
KillerApple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by KillerApple »

@nhammen- I don't really understand what you are asking in that question. It wouldn't really make sense to
hope
for a certain reaction. If it were a town reaction, so be it. If it were a mafia reaction, so be it. But I didn't receive a reaction at all, so I let it go. It was a random and early vote. I posted the prediction of being called out as scum for my post to see who would fall for it, and you fell for it very easily. But I'm glad that you voted me instead of continuing the wagon on Thezmon. Now I can be sure that you are scumhunting and you are probably town.

@B&B- You said that if Heather and I weren't happy with the vote on Thezmon then we should try to get someone else lynched. Well in case you didn't notice, I voted for ArcAngel and Heather voted for unseencamo but it won't make any difference because everyone is convinced that Thezmon is scum.

Dear lord, the D1s on this site are very different from what I had anticipated :?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

They are pretty awful. I was able to take advantage of them as scum my first game in part do to the obvscum obv town beliefs being way off.

Jacob, explain to me how two players such as nhammen and thezmon, both who have considerable experience, make such a stupid play as a scum team and play to protect an obvscum, in your eyes. Then explain how my defense does not merit me apart of that. At what point, vote wise, would scum say "Lost cause" and maybe let it die out, but not actively defend it? I'd guess a lot earlier than 11. So, that argument or set of ideas of saying both a scum team is pretty awful.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Parama »

I dunno what to say anymore
Not much is happening
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Idiotking
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Idiotking
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Idiotking »

Hi. Reading.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

This may surprise some of you, but I'm in this game. I absolutely had to stop in the middle of reading post 85 and
vote: thezmon
. I'm looking forward to seeing why he's still alive.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 334, Albus Dumbledore wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing why he's still alive.

Because people suck
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 pm

I would shed tears of joy if someone killed JacobSavage, just fyi.
Bumi
Bumi
Goon
Bumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Post by Bumi »

Nhammen, why does it matter that I have different reads from you? Why does it matter if I am a newbie or played on another site?
HeatherA
HeatherA
Townie
HeatherA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Post by HeatherA »

@B&B - this will be my last direct response to anything you ask of me. Your style of play annoys me so much that I've considered a couple of times already just asking StrangerCoug to replace me. You've already chased off BoS (another one of our players) with your D1 antics. This game so far has forcibly reminded me why I didn't bother coming back to this site after the first game I played here last year. As for Thez, I honestly find him hard to read D1. But so far he hasn't exhibited any of the signs I've come to associate with him when he plays as scum. Perhaps I have an unfair advantage in this regard, since I've played with him for the past 2 years pretty solidly. But frankly I think you're all barking up the wrong tree with him. If he turns out to be scum, believe me I'll be surprised.

Personally I'm far more interested in looking at the motives of those who have voted for Thez purely for the sake of jumping on your wagon. As you'll notice, I currently have a vote on one such player. Anyone who places a vote and refuses to give a reason for said vote is behaving in an exceedingly scummy manner in my book. In the games I play people are expected to provide reasons for votes. If they don't, pretty much everyone else in the game will jump on them for it and if they continue to refuse to give a reason they usually start getting voted on. What I'm seeing in this game is one or two people declaring categorically that players X, Y and Z are 100% certifiable scum (when there is no way anyone could know such a thing), and everyone else following suit blindly. That's no way to play a mafia game.
Sixx
Sixx
Townie
Sixx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Sixx »

In post 85, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 83, Parama wrote:I want to change your arguments, because they're right but not the full picture. He very clearly read the thread. He knows people are voting Albus. Yet he RVSed. Then said to vote scum. After reading the thread. And not formulating opinions. And instead RVSing.
He is very very scum.
So let me get this straight... Because I don't so readily give up all of my reads to you, I'm obvscum? I have formulated my opinions, I just don't readily share them with people because I'm not a book that you just read. I like to keep some things to myself.

Irregardless, if you must know, I voted Dumbledore to put pressure on. Admittedly, I went through the posts semi-quickly, but that doesn't mean I didn't read. I didn't entirely notice that he hadn't voted, but if you are so anal about it, I can go ahead and vote for the noob. He would be the second lynch for me, as is obvious for most, if not all, people.

Since Dumbledore hasn't even posted yet, I might as well switch now than later.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Rodger

Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 83, Parama wrote:In post 71, Aj The Epic wrote:B&B, I have 14 months experience.

Here. Here we go. Aj uspects an alt playing the newb card... while being an alt of someone not new. I'm not sure how I feel about that in hindsight but at least he's honest about it. Meh.
Not from this site. As stated in the sign up thread, there's a group of us here from a different site, where I've spent the last 12-13 months. I'm not an alt... It takes too long for people to think my playstyle is just me being overly honest for me to want to make an alt so I can just get lynched more often. Now, I just get NK'd over there.
I can vouch for this. He's not an alt, he just has little on-site playing experience.

In post 334, Albus Dumbledore wrote:This may surprise some of you, but I'm in this game. I absolutely had to stop in the middle of reading post 85 and

Care to elaborate? I've made note of this post as well but to be frank, I do not see you possibly having the same notices as I did with this simply based on the play-time that I've had with thez over you. I'm used to people (moreso than Heather at least) not supplying full in-depth reasons for their votes but it leaves holes in the following day(s) so far the only reasons that I've seen today at all that I nor anybody else can POSSIBLY argue with is obvscum... I mean clearly you have MSI and that would be unarguable.
HeatherA
HeatherA
Townie
HeatherA
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Post by HeatherA »

Well, I just got the news that my mother died a few hours ago after her long battle with cancer. So consider this my request for replacement. I simply don't have the heart to put up with all the BS on this site anymore.
BirdAndBeast
BirdAndBeast
Goon
BirdAndBeast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:26 pm

Post by BirdAndBeast »

Spoiler: Mastin catching up
Spoilered 'cause this is likely going to be a small wall covering many points which AP likely has already addressed. :P

unseen wrote:Why are you obvitown Bird? You accept it like it's a given, seems pretty dogmatic.
Again, it's self-evident. We're town, and EXTREMELY transparent players when it comes to our playstyles. When we're scum, it shows. When we're town, it's obvious.

thezmon221 (12): The Mini-Librarian, nhammen, BirdAndBeast, njoseph, Parama, ArcAngel9, Baby Spice, SoraAdvent, unseencamo, JohnnyFarrar, JacobSavage, Albus Dumbledore
^With the possible exception of Parama, these guys are all so town it's painful.

thez wrote:So you've got like 2-3 sheep on a wagon? That's cool. That doesn't make you obvtown.
This is not only a pretty blatant misrep of the point, but also an out-right falsehood; almost all the members on the thez wagon have stated or implied their reasons.

Heather wrote:and declaring anyone who disagrees with you even the slightest bit to be scum.
Nope, only those who're resisting thez-as-scum. ;)
On other players, sure, yeah, YMMV (even ours does--for instance, we still think you're scum, but we're not nearly as sure in it as other reads), but thez is about as caught as scum caught can be.

@B&B - if you succeed in your bludgeoning tactic and lynch Thez and he flips town - what then? Will you actually reconsider your other "obv" reads to date?
Reconsider, always. Mastin golden rule #2--reads to fit the evidence, not evidence to fit the reads. We constantly do this, consistently re-evaluating our stances at all times.

Come to a different conclusion, not very likely. (Except on one or two players.) Since our reads
do
constantly evolve, a flip one way or the other doesn't really influence things that much.

Johnny wrote:Hey Banjo/Kazooie, I'd love it if you would put who made each post at the bottom of ALL your posts. I was told somewhere that scumPidgeon is really easy to spot.
Actually, we both are. :P Read Discworld Mafia--I'm half of the hydra Calcifer. I've laid out which posts in that game are mine, so it's not hard to realize that my scum play is entirely different from my town play; I do NOT play scum well. :P And neither does AP.

You won't get me signing my posts, though given that I'm on dial-up, I'll be the one posting the walls rather than spamposting. :P

Heather wrote:it seems that you saw a bunch of people from another site and decided we must all be scum.
Pretty blatantly false as well. IDGAF where someone's from. I care about their alignment in this game. There are plenty of people in this game who are from elsewhere that we've read town (or null-town) and there are people in this game who aren't from elsewhere that we read as null or null-scum. As evident in our list of reads.

Parama wrote:I dunno what to say anymore
Not much is happening
Yeah...seeing Parama as the most suspect name on the thez wagon. Regardless of thez's flip, Parama's posts are bad. Seriously, seriously bad.
Hydra of
mastin2
and
AngryPidgeon
:P
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 302, Aj The Epic wrote:Arc, He stated "Who I think is scummy on the wagon" Skim much?

Also, funny:

Arc wrote:How does the day vig is any different to night vig? they both do the same..Kill. Day Vig is good for town if the right choice has been made. This concern of yours wonders me if you're afraid of being killed or lynched in the day phase? so are you the scum?

That's not even part of the discussion. Trying to draw off?

arc wrote:I am comfortable any of them. do we have day Vig kill?
Here's your post about vigs. Tell me this isn't fishing, to me face and honestly. Do we have any day vigs? Hello! That's fishing basics 101: Cast a line and wait for response.

And when Bumi questioned you, in which I guess he has the same concerns, your answer was:

and, I just wanted to know if there is any Day Vig kill. This is a big game. They come under good use if we have two major suspects in a day phase. Isn't a good thing to have ability to hit Mafia twice?

Yes, you just wanted to know. Exactly, so stop being dishonest later. This is a role fish, you are a role fisher. Mafia Jesus came to you and said, "“Follow me, and I will make you fishers of roles.” Sure, it's nice to have a day vig, but you don't need to out him day 1. The only way to for us to learn this is for him to kill someone or him to say it. And a kill this early will most likely be mislead. So he'd probably have to say it.

Denial of fishing, fishing, and sheeping. And, until the advent of a reason for your vote on Thezmon, you are sheeping in my mind.

I can say you're insane. My vote is my choice and i am free to vote whoever i feel is scum. i don't necessarily have to follow or bandwagon someone. There is no proof to your theory, you're just making up a story to vote me.

i strongly hope the town see this behaviour you.
PMysterious
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
PMysterious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 am

Post by PMysterious »

In post 293, PMysterious wrote:
In post 292, BirdAndBeast wrote:
Instead of howling about short days / quick lynches, lets discuss something relevant then?

It IS relevant in some way, if we DO quick-lynch, it might lead to a catastrophe. We need a combination of Day and Night in order to win. Well, Town that is. Mafia really only need luck that they don't get caught and the Night to kill us Townies. In other words, the longer the Day goes, the more likely the Mafia will get caught.
When he says relevant he means something about the alignment of players rather than theory discussions over what type of lynch is optimal. Theory talk is a good way for scum to hide. What reads do you have?

A majority of null reads right now. I really don't have any Town Reads or Scum reads that might be good to let out. I always jynx it when I do. MY luck is basically the brains of one of the Teletubbies and the defeats of every bad guy.

+
=
My luck

Should I say more about this before I go any further.
Show
PM, here with a calmer nature.

Modded Games
Open 469: Medical Mafia
Open 698: Stack the Deck

Currently Modding Games
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:43 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 319, KillerApple wrote:
In post 317, HeatherA wrote:
And so far what you've done is derail me from any proper scumhunting, which I find equally as frustrating as your poor attitude.

Also, ArcAngel you clearly misinterpreted that last quote of yours. Thezmon put together a list of scummy people that were voting for him. He didn't say that everyone who votes for him is scum. This looks like an obvious attempt to twist his words, which is very scummy to me.

Hello? How does any of my misinterprutation makes me scum? do you even know to play this game?.
i wasn't trying to twist his words, did you even see his scum list. everybody is fromt he list of peopel who voted him. I was just pointing out the fact that his scum list is the people who voted him. This is your only reason to vote me.

Looks like now all the scums are coming on defending their mates.
njoseph
njoseph
Goon
njoseph
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 am

Post by njoseph »

In post 334, Albus Dumbledore wrote:This may surprise some of you, but I'm in this game. I absolutely had to stop in the middle of reading post 85 and

Good for you'''
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:38 am

Post by Parama »

mastin2 I don't really care what you think of me
It should be noted that I am the reason the goddamn wagon exists in the first place
Soooo if you think I'm the worst vote then you shouldn't be approving of the wagon
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:04 am

I'm caught up. Thez is still the scummiest scum to ever scum. JacobSavage and nhammen unvoted thez right as he got near a lynch. Yeah.

Heather's slot is prob. scum. Good job drowning out the rest of the game arguing with scum, AngryMastin.

Sixx, you want me to elaborate beyond the incredibly obvious scumminess, you mean? Like how he clearly didn't read the thread and simply stuck his vote on the only wagon with no justification(bonus points if you noticed he made up a super bullshit reason afterwards) and then got scared when called out on it, revealing his scum mindset for all to see? And that terrible vote on Roger just to top it off? You're right, I've got nothing.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:17 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

DayVigilante, ewo2, PMysterious, Sixx, JacobSavage
Please put your vote!!!
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:18 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 346, Parama wrote:mastin2 I don't really care what you think of me
It should be noted that I am the reason the goddamn wagon exists in the first place
Soooo if you think I'm the worst vote then you shouldn't be approving of the wagon
Getting a bit defensive, are we? However, I agree that your posts are not nearly as bad as some other players. Though, I've decided to change my vote due to:
1. It's not going to do me any good.
2. It's better placed in another area.
3. I've read the posts more and when I initially made the vote, it was more out of spite, though I do believe I still have some merit to my words, he's not as scummy as I first perceived.

Albus Dumbledore wrote:Sixx, you want me to elaborate beyond the incredibly obvious scumminess, you mean?
Like how he clearly didn't read the thread and simply stuck his vote on the only wagon with no justification(bonus points if you noticed he made up a super bullshit reason afterwards)
and
then got scared when called out on it, revealing his scum mindset for all to see?
And that terrible vote on Roger just to top it off? You're right, I've got nothing.
So skimming over RVS and voting on someone I first thought had joined the game and wanted to get a read on is scummy?

I'd hardly call myself scared. You can ask anyone of the four who had played with me on our other site; I play scum really well. My town play is far worse than my scum play.

I'll give you the vote on Robert, though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”