ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:37 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

its too soon to judge anyone L, i guess.. RVS is just fine. everyone here knows how to handle the RVS votes.
UNVOTE
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 61, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 58, ArcAngel9 wrote:its too soon to judge anyone L, i guess.. RVS is just fine. everyone here knows how to handle the RVS votes.
UNVOTE

Don't take it for granted - we have one player who had to go here http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... reviations to find out what RVS even stands for :D

Hi all, my name is Matt. I signed up a while ago after joining a themed game of mafia on a different forum, but this is my first game on Mafiascum.net. Please excuse any minor teething issues as I get used to this cut-throat environment, and I'll do my best to contribute and be useful. :]

seriously, already lecturing!!!

In post 155, The Acting Method wrote:I agree with trying to prod the lurkers, and admit I'm one of them (by accident, I assure you.)

Right now I'll vote for ArcAngel I think to get some more posts from them...

Wait, maybe I'll check the vote count first...

VOTE: Archangel9

Please give at least some thoughts on the current state of affairs.

How ironic considering I just gave input Monkey. Please look at the last page if you like :P

How my inactivity for a weekend made me scum, any reasons?

In post 183, MonkeyMan576 wrote:The lurkers prod seems to be working, so moving on...

Unvote:
Vote: ArcAngel9

you like wagon don't you? care to share if you have any reasons?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:13 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

did a quick catch up.. i don't have confidence to call anyone townie yet, looks like every one is fairly acting the same.

Leaning towards town
Havingfitz
L
human destroyer

Unsure
Monkeyman
yates

Scum
the acting method
matt
tochica
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

i have been stuck with weekend. i am more active on weekdays.
so what your thoughts on MonkeyMan?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 199, The Acting Method wrote:On Monkey Man. I can't really see him as scum. I just can't. At least not from what I've seen and the reasons presented to me.

Which makes me inclined to think Yates as Scum or tunneling townie.

I am neutral about monkey about Yates, I am starting to see what's coming from him and it is not good.
He is not with the others, not looking to see other options, his posts have been more as in trying to prove something than doing any scum hunting.

In post 201, Tochica wrote:@Arcangel I totally don't appreciate it you coming here right after you get two somewhat random votes on you calling me scum with no reason given. I do appreciate you saying you have been busy and I will call it a bad timing this time but I want your reads explained, please.

@Yates nope always town

Well, it was a hinch, I just wanted to see who would come after me, waiting to see if Scums would like to pick that up... i know that i have put very less effort so far but i am in the game now..so i ll do my job.

So far, i don't really have proper reads on everyone yet, but i have got few hinches.. so as of now i rely on them
so tell me why do you think Yates is always town. He postings doesn't sound townie to me for very reason that they don't like any scum hunting.

In post 202, Human Destroyer wrote:
ArcAngel please explain your reads. They seem like you just pulled them out of nowhere and said "HEY THESE ARE MY READS AND THEY'RE COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY TRUTHFUL YEP"

HD, Like i said above, i don't have proper reads on everyone yet but i do have few suspects, so i am on track...
s, would like to share who your top suspects?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 208, theaceofspades wrote:archangel doesn't seem to be paying attention either. She's rising to obvious no reason votes. Which seems to indicate a flailing mentality. Just saying.

Patience pls, we are not in rush to complete game in a day. it has become to suspect someone if they don't make many posts, see this is how i look at, If you're town, you need patience, no patience means scummy...
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 249, Yates wrote:
In post 246, ArcAngel9 wrote:He postings doesn't sound townie to me for very reason that they don't like any scum hunting.

How do you define "scum hunting?" Would you disagree that one of the primary tenets of scum hunting involves challenging reads and finding ways to get scum to slip up?

i don't disagree that, thats exactly what one should to do to get to know the other players, only then they can be sure about them but i haven't had a good chance in participating yet, trust me.. the older posts are good source of reads but they are not as effective as when you make direct interactions. For Example, This talk of ours helps me reading you know.......

In post 250, Yates wrote:
In post 248, ArcAngel9 wrote:see this is how i look at, If you're town, you need patience, no patience means scummy...

That's the wrong way to "look at it." Honest responses to questions shouldn't take very long. Fabricating lies as responses to questions and ensuring that you never contradict yourself, however, is very time consuming. Who do you think is more likely to fabricate lies; scum or town?

then i ll have to disagree with you on this, you don't need a quick response to say if the person has been honest with you or not because you ain't talking to anyone in person to see whats they telling and how they telling, you don't know it for sure if the other person had time to read your comment to respond on time. i mean its hard to tell because its a internet forum, you don't really see that person to judge it.

And it is likely possible that a scum can response quickly to any questions to prove he/she is innocent, you can't really tell if that person is being honest here or not.. I think faking is very easy as long as you don't really facing the person, and in a game like this. Faking is something everybody does. so i disagree on this!!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 254, Yates wrote:
In post 253, ArcAngel9 wrote:you don't need a quick response to say if the person has been honest with you or not

That may be true. However there is a reason that "active lurking" is a scum trait. Are you familiar with this concept?

There is a reason that someone avoiding answering a difficult question is also considered a scum trait. It looks very bad because it means that the person could be talking to their buddies in the scum QT [some games have scum DAY chat] or they could be trying to fabricate a defense.

Then, of course, there is the concept of the "Bettlejuice Tell" where someone is lurking until their name is mentioned then all of a sudden that person makes a post.

In none of these scenarios would patience benefit Town. If we were on the verge of hammering someone in 24 hours without a confirmed guilty? That would be a different story.

oh yeah, i am well aware of them, i have been playing mafia for a while and for the very reason i am now more cautions about how i look at things. yes,i do agree to a level of suspicion when someone repeatedly ignores your questions and they come up and tells that they didn't see or over look those posts or forgot to reply blah blah

but, we also need benefit of doubt to make sure for not being responsible for wrong things.

back to the game...
so who are your major suspects?
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #259 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 257, Yates wrote:
In post 255, ArcAngel9 wrote:back to the game...

I guess that's the difference between you and me. I thought we
were
playing the game by level setting expectations.

In post 255, ArcAngel9 wrote:so who are your major suspects?

Monkey, L, and to a lesser extent Ace at the moment. I could also buy a Fritz scum argument but it would need to be a hard sell. I will go on record as stating that I will be relying on everyone else for a Slandaar read because he always reads as scum to me even when Town. Also, you aren't looking so hot yourself so I eagerly anticipate you dazzling me with your amazing scum hunting abilities now that you are officially active.

well, you seem to have lot of expectations. Expectations are bad!!!
As of now, Havingfitz, HD, Monkeyman and bit of L looks okay townie to me. The others i am still trying to read them
And with exception of you (yates), ace, tochica. the others are pretty much null to say anything at this moment.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 262, Yates wrote:
In post 259, ArcAngel9 wrote:Expectations are bad!!!

I guess we play this game very differently.

In post 259, ArcAngel9 wrote:As of now, Havingfitz, HD, Monkeyman and bit of L looks okay townie to me.

Why? Can you name anything any of these people have done that would earn them Town credit so early on without so much as a flip? I ask this in earnest because I don't understand "Town reads" without any mod confirmation.

See, this is why i said that they are leaning town, not confirm town. my reads on them may change when i get into more discussion with them or when i read more posts from them.

those opinions were more as in preliminary from the last 5 pages which i wasn't part of. In fact you were leaning more scum in intial opinion but i am having second thoughts doesn't mean i think you're town. its just an opinion for now.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:35 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 267, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:@ArcAngel9 - this isn't very important, but just so you know;

In post 189, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 61, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 58, ArcAngel9 wrote:its too soon to judge anyone L, i guess.. RVS is just fine. everyone here knows how to handle the RVS votes.
UNVOTE

Don't take it for granted - we have one player who had to go here http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... reviations to find out what RVS even stands for :D

seriously, already lecturing!!!

Lol no, sorry I wasn't lecturing - on the contrary, the one player who had to look up RVS was
me

I know a lot of the common ones already, but I'm now in the middle of looking up terms that people are throwing around like Multi-ball and Town PR. Thank goodness for a wiki.
But don't worry, I'm a few days away from being able to lecture anyone :D

No worries, no offence taken :)
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 366, Human Destroyer wrote:Okay Alduskkel's vote is semi-serious, but the reasoning is iffy at best. However, as for ArcAngel:

In post 190, ArcAngel9 wrote:did a quick catch up.. i don't have confidence to call anyone townie yet, looks like every one is fairly acting the same.

Leaning towards town
Havingfitz
L
human destroyer

Unsure
Monkeyman
yates

Scum
the acting method
matt
tochica

She clearly has scum reads. Where's the vote to back them up?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ArcAngel9

Did you read all my posts? i dont think you did, I did say that list was preliminary opinion and not good enough to vote someone.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:15 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I dont feel Yates is scum, He is quite visible and if he was scum he wouldn't draw so much attention to himself, that's leading me to concentrate on others.
Especially Human Destroyer and Monkeyman
Monkey man seems like has clear understanding who is town and who is not, and only Scum can have access to such information
VOTE: MonkeyMan
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I know i have been bad at posting, But i have got now 15 pages to catch up...
Will catch up that!!!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:49 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

OMG, those large posts... my head almost got cracked reading them..
Don't expect any big posts from me... I am so confused with the new Matt wagon.
l am not sure which direction this game heading into... Hell confusion!!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 674, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 666, ArcAngel9 wrote:OMG, those large posts... my head almost got cracked reading them..

I have two problems with this post.

First, the Matt Wagon is not much of a wagon. In fact, the first voter just got off. Even admitted the usual bias when it is one's self that is accused that read to me like a call to get onboard.

Second, being 'confused' has been a
HUGE
scumtell in several games I've played. Mafia want to sow confusion, they love a 'confused' town, and like to spread it. Town on the other hand don't want confusion (and on an individual level sometimes even pretend to know what's going on even when they don't).

Impressively Arcangel used confused and confusion in one short post. It's a bigger red flag than anything I've had about Alduskkel.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ArcAngel9

You know its hilarious that sometimes people see a very small things in a larger picture and call the SCUM, How does it admitting to the fact that i am confused makes me Scum?

See, the problem is that you and others have some expectations and i can understand that and also agree that i haven't been the best player of this game but i am not the scum, if you're townie, now you're helping Mafia to get me on or you may be the scum and thinking that you could this as a reason to get me lynched.

i don't blame you for voting but it is my responsibility to tell you that i am not the scum. And its not like my not following whats happening around, i just didn't get chance to post much and i generally don't do the large posts.

its not the newbie crap or something, this is how i generally play.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 746, Human Destroyer wrote:VOTE: Matt-Shadowlord

Actually no going back here, ArcAngel case is bad; using outside meta tells is really weak.

i think you're mixing up theories from the different games and using that as an opportunity to frame here too.
you know what... you're not cocky...i think brain damaged too.. Get over with your freaking attitude and play along.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (isolation #19) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 837, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 835, ArcAngel9 wrote:

Actually no going back here, ArcAngel case is bad; using outside meta tells is really weak.

i think you're mixing up theories from the different games and using that as an opportunity to frame here too.
you know what... you're not cocky...i think brain damaged too.. Get over with your freaking attitude and play along.

Chainsaw defense much?

Also, no talking about ongoing games; especially if it's to insult me.

the world is better place without you.. you're just the symbol of nuisance than any good to anyone.. Thats all i can say!!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 840, MonkeyMan576 wrote:

How have you contributed to this game? What are your scum reads btw?

Look, Don't have too many expectations, I have been reading and following the game.... like every day, and definitely keeping an eye on everyone. but if you think contribution (according to your perspective) means posting a lot or making large posts, i am sorry thats not how i play. its probably your kind of play but i play on my own terms, and i am okay with the way it works for me. and about the game ....
i don't really think Yates is scum because that looks way to easy and Yates has be defending himself in pretty good way, for what i consider, a scum would not bothered in defending so much. so no..i am not fan of yates wagon.

i am more concentrating on others having pushing around the game.. but haven't come to conclusion yet.
and there are others.. who are just nothing but null..i am talking about people like Human destoryer.

so i am not sure about who is scum at this moment but i am pretty sure i ll get vote on right person based on my instincts.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (isolation #21) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 842, Yates wrote:

Wait. Are you calling HD brain damaged for saying Matt's case on you is bad? I don't understand this post.

Human Destroyer has issues with the way i play, he basically calls me scum in every game we are on it and this attitude of his is kind of putting me off.. He is basically setting bad example for people to be around here.

as much as i want to play, i wont be able to play having someone like him around.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 849, MonkeyMan576 wrote:@arcangel so you have no scumreads then?

MM,please read my posting again.. i didn't say i dont have scumreads, i said i am still looking for a stronger points and a better reason to vote again.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (isolation #23) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 851, Yates wrote:
In post 848, ArcAngel9 wrote:Human Destroyer has issues with the way i play, he basically calls me scum in every game we are on

You realize he defended you in that post, right? He didn't call you scum. He said MATT was scum for having a weak case on you. Did you think he was calling you scum?

All i see that he was mixing up things from the different game and i wasn't happy about it.
Anyways.. Don't make this as big deal.. I am already over with this...
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 852, MonkeyMan576 wrote:
In post 848, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 842, Yates wrote:

Wait. Are you calling HD brain damaged for saying Matt's case on you is bad? I don't understand this post.

Human Destroyer has issues with the way i play, he basically calls me scum in every game we are on it and this attitude of his is kind of putting me off.. He is basically setting bad example for people to be around here.

as much as i want to play, i wont be able to play having someone like him around.

Lurking is scummy. Take some hard positions. What do you think about L regarding her reactions to me and yates? Do you think I scumslipped regarding scumchat? Do you think its ojay to lynch townies for information? Do you think Yates has the ability to play as a teammember if he is town?

Which post of you and yates you're referring too... you guys going on and off on different arguments. Give me the post #, I ll share my opinion.

and about Yates play as town..if you're really a townie, you already know the answer. To win the one should always play along doesn't how the other is..
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Hmmm... i am too confused to tell what exactly she could be... but she doesn't look scummy to me.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #26) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 953, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 715, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 674, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 666, ArcAngel9 wrote:OMG, those large posts... my head almost got cracked reading them..

I have two problems with this post.
First, the Matt Wagon is not much of a wagon. In fact, the first voter just got off. Even admitted the usual bias when it is one's self that is accused that read to me like a call to get onboard.
Second, being 'confused' has been a
HUGE
scumtell in several games I've played. Mafia want to sow confusion, they love a 'confused' town, and like to spread it. Town on the other hand don't want confusion (and on an individual level sometimes even pretend to know what's going on even when they don't).
Impressively Arcangel used confused and confusion in one short post. It's a bigger red flag than anything I've had about Alduskkel.

You know its hilarious that sometimes people see a very small things in a larger picture and call the SCUM, How does it admitting to the fact that i am confused makes me Scum?
See, the problem is that you and others have some expectations and i can understand that and also agree that i haven't been the best player of this game but i am not the scum, if you're townie, now you're helping Mafia to get me on or you may be the scum and thinking that you could this as a reason to get me lynched.
i don't blame you for voting but it is my responsibility to tell you that i am not the scum. And its not like my not following whats happening around, i just didn't get chance to post much and i generally don't do the large posts.
its not the newbie crap or something, this is how i generally play.

Thanks for the reply Arcangel. Nothing personal, if it's how you play it's how you play. I raised the objection about the 'wagon' and pointed out that confusion has been a mafia tell in games because it is my duty as a townie to mention things I notice that I believe are potential scumtells.
You're right its a "small thing", but it stood out a lot more than many of the huge posts other people are making, IMHO.

Likely True, if i am scum, i wouldn't be surprised to see myself playing that card to keep low profile but again, i am not scum. and i agree that there is no better reason to convince everyone here but as a townie i will try my best on my own terms to show the town who i am, and it is also equally important for town to give benefit of doubt on few cases to see if the one is being genuine or not.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (isolation #27) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:42 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Okay, I have decided to take the Hammer vote.
-L- I read through few pages back to learn about L wagon, and yes, some of things and the way she responded doesn't look confident. And the role claimming was bad too.
L I hope you're the scum.

VOTE: -L-
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (isolation #28) » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I forgot to Unvote my previous vote. so
UNVOTE

VOTE: -L-

and another reason for voting, I needed the day to end to move forward. 1000 posts are too much!!!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”