Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Slandaar »

So, whats the case on Albus then? links appreciated.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 2515, DeasVail wrote:VOTE: Edosurist
Care to explain?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Right now, it can't be anything more than "I think he's scummy and I don't want to lynch Slandaar yet". This afternoon/tonight my time I'll get at least close to being completely caught up.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Albus Dumbledore (4): Darthe, JacobSavage, ArcAngel9, The Mini-Librarian
ArcAngel9 (2): curiouskarmadog, penguin_alien
Edosurist (1): DeasVail
JacobSavage (3): Albus Dumbledore, Jal, Edosurist
DeasVail (3): thezmon221, Boniface, PeregrineV
Not voting (3): jmj3000, Slandaar, Baby Spice

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 2517, penguin_alien wrote:Jal, JacobSavage is V/LA according to the activity overview, for purposes of getting a reaction out of him.

He has been v/la since Wednesday. The in-fighting over his alignment and his wagon started before then. He's also been ignoring most of my inquiries.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Post by Jal »

JMJ WHERE ARE YOU? I KNOW YOU'RE STILL IN THE GAME.
Boniface
Boniface
Townie
Boniface
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Post by Boniface »

Slaandar's in no danger of being lynched

I think AA is town because I just can't see scum playing that obviously over-the-top bad.

I wish there was a way to eliminate AA from this game without wasting a lynch on her.

I think Jal & Thezmon are town.

I'm curious about the wagon on Albus.

I want to lynch DeasVail, but I would be okay, I suppose, with lynching Edosurist or Skyhook.

I think there's so many scum left in this game compared to town, that our chances of mislynching, even if we were horribly misguided, are pretty slim
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I've finished reading!!!!

I'm going to post my thoughts on everyone either tonight or tomorrow.

PV, is the comparison with TV UPick a big reason for you thinking I'm scum?

Boniface, do you feel you've been keeping up to date with reading everything, or have you been skimming sometimes?

Also, I think it was you that asked me for thoughts on my predecessors. Pretty meh really.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1213, Darthe wrote:This shit is all irrelevant because you lot aren't voting Bumi who had suspect queries in the QT

What were the suspect queries?

(No I am not dedicated enough to read this far already)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:45 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Bumi's dead and flipped Town Neighbor, Slaandar.

Rereading your (Jal's) ISO with JacobSavage, does underline the degree to which he's avoided addressing any of your questions since the start of Day One. I suppose it's a better lynch than Albus Dumbledore.

I still think ArcAngel9's push on Albus Dumbledore is scummy. I've had reason to check out her meta; Boniface, I don't think I buy that she could only be playing over-the-top bad as town. See: WOW Cataclysm Mafia in her threads for a start. DeasVail, you said you haven't seen her as scum; does the WOW iso: [ur=http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go]here[/url] affect your read?

Boniface, now you're 'curious' about the Albus Dumbledore wagon. In what respect? Do you still think he should claim?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 am

Post by penguin_alien »

EBWOP: the WOW iso: here
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2534, penguin_alien wrote:Bumi's dead and flipped Town Neighbor, Slaandar.

I was asking Darthe if it wasn't clear.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Slandaar »

that WoW ISO looks completely different and I looked at it for 2 seconds
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:51 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Oh, sorry.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Slandaar »

Penguin, what do you expect from townArc?
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:19 am

Post by penguin_alien »

It's not a matter of expecting anything in particular from town-ArcAngel9. I'm not thinking that she's more/less emotional, better/worse poster; it's just that she plays in a way that gets written off as newbish or not competent, and since it happens as both alignments, I don't think it's a good reason to ignore her when she makes a suspect case on someone as she did with Albus Dumbledore in my opinion.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I expect to be busy until Tuesday, so I've PM'd Magua to keep this game moving. I will still probably show up periodically, though.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:27 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 2540, penguin_alien wrote:It's not a matter of expecting anything in particular from town-ArcAngel9. I'm not thinking that she's more/less emotional, better/worse poster; it's just that she plays in a way that gets written off as newbish or not competent, and since it happens as both alignments, I don't think it's a good reason to ignore her when she makes a suspect case on someone as she did with Albus Dumbledore in my opinion.
The big problem, as I see, is honestly that it would be kind of bad if she made it to LyLo. AA seems like the type of person who can be manipulated by the mafia. Or maybe she doesn't need to be manipulated, but she doesn't seem like she's thinking as clearly, regardless of alignment.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:58 am

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

Hey Thez, look at that warm and inviting seat on the JS wagon that we're saving for you.

Modperson
, Edo is voting for Jacob and your votecount doesn't have Slandaar in it.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

In post 2540, penguin_alien wrote:a suspect case on someone as she did with Albus Dumbledore in my opinion.

This is actually a much stronger point than I realized until searching for mentions of me in her iso. Curiously, there really aren't any; particularly prior to her vote and in justification of it. You could say the same about TML, which is why AA is attacking him for his vote on me in her recent post, but she's done the exact same thing herself.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:39 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 2543, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Hey Thez, look at that warm and inviting seat on the JS wagon that we're saving for you.
I was definitely considering changing votes, but I said I'd wait until DV caught up and gave a good post. So you can probably expect me to change tides by tonight (assuming DV holds true to what he said).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Albus Dumbledore-
Really Weak Townread

It's getting to the point where I may consider lynching Albus, just because a lot of players that were previously in the null-scum zone for me have moved up to stronger townreads. There are some things which I consider townish about him though. The abrupt change in read of thezmon from (town) to (scum) is one which I feel is not so likely to come from scum, who I think are more likely to have their reads progress more gradually to avoid accusation of contradiction or wagon hopping, whereas such abrupt changes in reads I think are quite likely to come from town.

I think is possibly scummy, and the whole Jacob thing is probably what I find most scummy about him. That particular post though, just feels like scum trying to react in a town way, except it isn't really that helpful at all and I'm not actually sure that town would post something like it. Why not use the chance to actually share what is scummy about Jacob? Or if there is not much solid reasoning, perhaps admit as much? So basically, I think the confidence of the post combined with the lack of reasoning provided is slightly scummy.

Although his big post on Jacob is alright () it doesn't really come until Albus is under significant pressure. Overall though, I can understand his lack of motivation (and the way he expresses it I think is townish) and I'm gutreading him as town, but the townread is weak enough, that I may consider lynching him depending on my other reads.

ArcAngel9-
Strong Townread

I've already said that overall she sounds really genuine and is what I expect from her as town and is apparently not as active as scum, which just supports that.

Examples: , (tells Jacob he will look bad when she flips town.) (I think the OMGUS-style thought process comes from town)

There are a lot of posts and I'm not going to go through them all right, but there are a lot of things like the above that I think are just really town. It's possible that all this could be manufactured by really clever scum, but there are a lot of things in AA's play (that are not necessarily scummy) that I think clever scum would avoid.

Baby Spice-
Moderate Townread

Briefly, it's that I think her play is quite different from where I was scum with her in NY 160B. There her reads were really one dimensional and didn't actually change all that much.

The first thing that made me think this was her change of vote in , moving onto the popular Sixx wagon, while as scum I think she's much more likely to continue attacking the same person. I could maybe see this as a bus though.

And then the unvote in is unlikely to come from a Sixx buddy, as I'm pretty sure it was before the JK claim, so if she'd already decided to bus, why stop when there was little opportunity? Also, the unvote itself and reconsidering of reads is something I think was absent in her scumgame. (She barely changes her vote in 160B)

I'd say this is the biggest thing, although her play generally seems townish to me and there's nothing that scummy about her.

Boniface-
Weak Townread
?

I really want Boniface to answer my question, so part of my read will have to wait until then, but for now:

I'm not going to ISO PMyst again, but I basically got a really weak town feel from him (not that I'm sure I'd be able to tell if he was scum), but people like Nacho townreading him makes me happy enough with calling his play townish.

From Boniface, seems like a question from town. Scum don't really want to read people as town, so will be less likely to encourage that kind of thing.

Something possibly scummy I've noticed though, is the inconsistency between saying the early wagon on thez was weird in and later saying in that thezmon was scummy at first, which matches my thoughts and also what most of the town thought too I think (hence the early wagon). I see a possible way out of this, but I think it's still pretty slim, so I'm not sure what to make of it, as I notice inconsistencies often do come from town, but I almost want to say that it's too much. Eh.

Boniface wanting Albus to claim is pretty townish, as scum would be worried about being accused of rolefishing, whereas I can understand wanting people to claim when you're town.

There's also something that I may want to pursue, but I'm going to wait for that. I'm sorry for being so wishy-washy about him though.

Darthe-
Strong Townread

Roger's play is not nearly as cautious as I'd expect from scum that is so new.

With Darthe it's mostly the attack on Bumi for being a neighbour. I could maybe see this from experienced scum, but I don't think Darthe is. I think there may have been other things, but I'm kind of getting lazy now, so I'll continue with everything later.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:19 pm

Post by Jal »

Is that it?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 pm

Post by DeasVail »

No, I'm continuing now. Sorry about taking so long to get back to it.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Post by Jal »

Also, we're not lynching Angel because of whatever reasoning that she'll be bad at lylo. That's stupid reasoning to promote a mislynch. You guys had your chance D1 to get any policy lynches out of the way. She's here to stay unless you can convince us that she's actually scum.

If you want her gone, just do what I do when I'm unsure of alignments: call her townie as crap and hope the scum team kills her. Not like they're trying for scum anyway unless the derps actually thought B&B or Njospeh were scum.

Also, that meta in wow is way different as I've already pointed out in my own argument in why I think she's town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”