Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

Albus Dumbledore (1): JacobSavage
ArcAngel9 (2): penguin_alien, Baby Spice
Baby Spice (3): Slandaar, ArcAngel9, Darthe
Edosurist (1): DeasVail
JacobSavage (7): Albus Dumbledore, Jal, Edosurist, thezmon221, Boniface, PeregrineV, The Mini-Librarian
Not voting (2): jmj3000, Lurker

With
alive, it takes
players to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

@Mod - when is the dead line?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The deadline is currently undefined.

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

what? OMG, these guys will never end this game if there is no deadline... we hit a dead end!!!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2623, Darthe wrote:
What separates these from the rest of the living is that none of these people have been replaced. Unless someone thinks
the entire mafia team
has been replaced?

It is not that unreasonable considering how many people have been replaced its just an odds thing.

Anyways the bolded

What do you mean the entire mafia team?
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Albus Dumbledore »

..does anyone else not see where Darthe took his vote off of MattP in 2304 and put it on me? That seems to be his most recent vote until the one on Baby Spice.

In post 2623, Darthe wrote:Unless someone thinks the entire mafia team has been replaced?

I don't think that's very likely. Scum can easily feed on the apathy and incredible muddledness of a game like this, and are generally going to be less likely to be put off by it than town.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 am

Post by Slandaar »

OK Albus you link me to where this evidence is that suggests town replace out more than scum in such situations
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Albus, the post count above that, and every one since until the last page or so, has Darthe voting for you.

Darthe, did you really go two weeks, or 300 posts, without knowing where your vote was?
Especially given that it was showing on the lead wagon?

Mod, Edo is due a prod I believe
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2632, Baby Spice wrote:Albus, the post count above that, and every one since until the last page or so, has Darthe voting for you.

Darthe, did you really go two weeks, or 300 posts, without knowing where your vote was?

What do you think of DV's lone vote on Edo, and his reason for voting him?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am

In post 2616, DeasVail wrote:I think Edosurist is better though, but no one seems to have a read on him?

What makes you think no one has a read on him? Several people responded to your call for a wagon and heavily implied he wasn't a considerable scum read for them in doing so.

To be perfectly blunt, I don't think any of the points you made against him are very compelling(and you might agree with this yourself, given that you have him as a weak scumread), and at least one or two I'd disagree with completely. It seems odd that you don't have any stronger scum reads, honestly.

p-edit: Yeah Slandaar, I'll get right on that. Good one.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2620, PeregrineV wrote:@DV- Your last 5? And anything to say about ?

Last 5 probably coming later today after I get some work done. (It's my day off)

I think the whole TV UPick thing is a bit silly considering I'd only been playing mafia for 2 months at that time. I don't think it should be surprising if my play here is closer to LaLa than there.

Albus, I didn't remember anyone commenting on Edo and after a quick check I didn't notice anything either. I'm sorry if I was wrong though.
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 am

Post by Darthe »

In post 2629, Slandaar wrote:
In post 2623, Darthe wrote:
What separates these from the rest of the living is that none of these people have been replaced. Unless someone thinks
the entire mafia team
has been replaced?

It is not that unreasonable considering how many people have been replaced its just an odds thing.

Anyways the bolded

What do you mean the entire mafia team?

Simple really. I propose that mafia is a game. People are drawn to games, and more so people like power. The mafia team is the team with certain power that the town does not necessarily have. Also, the mafia team is smaller than the town. If the majority of town members replace, can we not assume that at most a like majority of mafia members has been replaced? All of them is simply unlikely. Combine this with the fact that JS (moreso than Spice, but her as well) have been pushed since day 1 and yet 8 of us are dead and I think we need to test something.

In post 2632, Baby Spice wrote:Albus, the post count above that, and every one since until the last page or so, has Darthe voting for you.

Yupp. Vote counts were not common and I sincerely did not care enough about this to go back through the game. 100 pages is ridiculous. Quite frankly I am dealing with it and the long deadlines because I love mafia, not because I am particularly enjoying the way this game is going. It is cool though, and really cool that our mod has given us the opportunity to play. In my opinion replacing out or criticizing him when the players are causing it to be a dud is unfair and rude. Thus, I will not do it.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 am

It looks like I was thinking of the time PV called for people to wagon you, DV, my bad.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:42 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 2633, PeregrineV wrote:What do you think of DV's lone vote on Edo, and his reason for voting him?

Reasonable from what I remember of DV's reads. I think I commented at the time that I disagreed with the read on Edo, placing him more in the bored town catagory than the mildly scummy.

DV would be better served voting elsewhere, but with no deadline I can see why he wouldn't.

In post 2636, Darthe wrote:Yupp. Vote counts were not common

That statement is pure BS. A vote count a page this day is brilliant modding. Only the first page of this day is missing one. No way is that "Not common"
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Darthe
Darthe
Goon
Darthe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am

Post by Darthe »

^ that is now, not true for the time.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2634, Albus Dumbledore wrote:
p-edit: Yeah Slandaar, I'll get right on that. Good one.

Hope to see it soon.

If you could also include a conclusion stating why you think people who don't like to play scum are unlikely to flake in an 80page day 1. Then explain why newer scum wouldn't get overwhelmed and feel they need to replace for the good of their team.

Thanks in advance.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2636, Darthe wrote:
Simple really. I propose that mafia is a game. People are drawn to games, and more so people like power. The mafia team is the team with certain power that the town does not necessarily have. Also, the mafia team is smaller than the town. If the majority of town members replace, can we not assume that at most a like majority of mafia members has been replaced? All of them is simply unlikely. Combine this with the fact that JS (moreso than Spice, but her as well) have been pushed since day 1 and yet 8 of us are dead and I think we need to test something.

Yes OK this is correct I think. But it doesn't mean anything.

THE ODDS OF FINDING SCUM IN THE NON REPLACED ARE THE SAME AS LYNCHING FROM THE REPLACED.

Anyways my point was; why are you assuming one scum team?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1360, jmj3000 wrote:T
2. Does anyone else find it odd that Darthe says this:
Darthe wrote:This shit is all irrelevant because you lot aren't voting Bumi who had suspect queries in the QT and because bumi is a *NEIGHBOR* that defended outed scum. I think I am going to go do some ISO review.

Indicating some sort of day talk with his "neighbor" Bumi. However, bumi says this:
In post 1230, Bumi wrote:
In post 1230, Bumi wrote:
In post 1215, Jal wrote:Darthe, was Bumi vouching for Sixx scum in your QT after his vote on Sixx in post 867?

The thing about Bumi, was that I was just in a game with him where he was totally wrong about the scum team. He listed all of the scum team as town, some with his highest read, he then went on to help lynch a town player and tunneled on town the next day and then we just lost.

Basically, he isn't the
greatest
of scum catchers.

We don't have day talk.
And I didn't force Roger to do anything. I asked him his opinion about cars and people because my role PM says we know who the other people are but not the cars. That's why I thought Roger was likely town because he did what he said he was going to do.

I don't understand why Darthe claimed though unless to give his "case" more back bone

Yes I was louder but that was in a smaller game and during a different time in my life.

Someone is either lying here, or I am looking too much into something. I am going to think on this while I finish my reread, then I will post more thoughts.

This is good posting btw.

I still have not had a satisfactory answer to my question Darthe seems to avoid the issue.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Slandaar »

You all need to look at that as from what I can tell Darthe lied and is scum.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Albus Dumbledore
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Where does Darthe say they have day talk?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 2639, Darthe wrote:^ that is now, not true for the time.

The time was from your vote on Albus at the start of this day, until now, during which there has been a mod provided vote count each page except on thd page this day started on.

So your answer is a flat out lie.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2632, Baby Spice wrote:

Ask me again at the beginning of Thursday. Edosurist is only two days out of V/LA.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 2644, Albus Dumbledore wrote:Where does Darthe say they have day talk?

How did Bumi post in the QT if not?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

If I remember correctly, he never actually said they did. I remember him arguing with people about their misrepresentation of the post, but that's a tad muddled in the confusion he created with the scum/town neighborhood.

Slandaar wrote:

How did Bumi post in the QT if not?
Pre-game.
Slandaar wrote:
In post 2636, Darthe wrote:

Yes OK this is correct I think. But it doesn't mean anything.

THE ODDS OF FINDING SCUM IN THE NON REPLACED ARE THE SAME AS LYNCHING FROM THE REPLACED.

Anyways my point was; why are you assuming one scum team?
I agree. Replacing vs. Not Replacing has less of an impact in this sort of game. There was a ton of confusion and the day lasted forever. Newer scum especially would probably have replaced out. More experienced scum would probably stay in, though because they are more experienced.

I also think that since there's two teams, there's an even better possibility for the majority, if not all, of the scum team to have replaced out. There are not many people left in the game who have not replaced, but if you notice, the past 3 people who have died were all town, and none of them had flaked. True, the only scum dead didn't replace, but he's a more experienced player.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Day Start?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”