Huh?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:31 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 7, quadz08 wrote:If you can't figure out what 'queue' means, or navigate the fairly simple organizational structure of this forum, you probably aren't cut out for mafia.

^ this

Also, I'd say there's a strong correlation between those that can't understand how to join a game and those that flake because our deadlines are longer than 24 hours.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm not going to waste my time proving it and I'm not being unwelcoming towards newbies.

Lots of newbies come to this site and figure out how to join games. I love those newbies. Those are smart newbies. Keepers, even.

It's just that every time a newbie walks right into a pull door, we get a bunch of people trying to make everything easier. Things aren't difficult. The very first forum says "Queue" and the description clearly states that it's the place to go to sign up for games. More signs, arrows, PMs, whatever aren't going to help.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Also, I'm forced to assume that, like ani, more would support my point of view but don't for fear of being bullied by the likes of zoraster.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Hackles down, zor. I'm just razzing you a little. (and attempting to conjure up memories of a certain poster)

There are two threads in this thread. The first was started by Pinkieseb and was answered by chamber after some clarification.

The second was CooLDoG implying that this website doesn't do enough to help newbies. An opinion that is roundly disagreed with by everyone except you & poro.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 23, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 17, Kublai Khan wrote:
The second was CooLDoG implying that this website doesn't do enough to help newbies. An opinion that is roundly disagreed with by everyone except you & poro.

It obviously is hard for noobs because almost every month we either have a thread in help or GD about it. A thread about basic stuff got to over 20 pages in GD, and every once in awhile it is bumped by someone new asking a question that has been answered multiple times already.

It obviously isn't that hard if there's only one thread every other month (and I think it's much lower than that). Telo's thread got to 20 pages because Telo needed an extraordinary amount of help just by herself.

I think you're just trolling again with another "Eff the System" complaint for the sake of complaining.

99% of newbies find the game queue just fine. Of the remaining 1%, 99% of those get their basic questions answered and move on. The remaining 1% of the 1% is the YamiChan's of the world.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 35, CooLDoG wrote:actually I'm not trolling.
Just don't complain every time you get a PM or see another thread about how a noob can't find where to sign up for a game. Because something could be done.

Lol. No problem. I'll PM you everytime a newbie successfully signs up for their first newbie game.

Because I think your perception is totally out of whack.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

3 today so far.

I might get in trouble for spamming him.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #45 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:13 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 42, CooLDoG wrote:Actually it is sort of cool. I love having someone PM me 3 times a day. Also, I'm an attention whore so you shouldn't pay attention to me.

But seriously, what is there to lose from making the site more noob friendly?

This is the Help! discussion forum. Of course we're taking you seriously here. Use the general discussion or the Speakeasy if you want to attention whore.

The site is plenty noob friendly. I've IC'ed and modded plenty of newbie games to help out. I even IC'ed Telo's first game and did my best not to lose my sanity. A quick look at your game history shows that you've never played a Newbie game on this site. If *you* feel that the site needs to be more noob-friendly, then *you* should take it upon yourself to help out instead of implying that others aren't.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #55 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 51, Bella wrote:What you're basically saying is "I found this thing that is totally not clear and actually quite small and unintuitively placed, so fuck anyone who doesn't see it". That's the elitist part.

You're right. We should put up a sign or something.

Should I start PMing Bella every successful newbie-who-finds-the-newbie-queue-okay post as well? Because those don't even include the newbies that successfully sign up for games in other queues.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

grrrr.. KHAN SMASH.

Okay, okay..

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 58, CooLDoG wrote:And, in my opinion, I think the site would be better if we made it even more clear (I admit that it is clear already) where to sign up for games.

Yes, but what level of clarity are you seeking? 100%? You want no newbies to ever have any issues trying to find the sign-up thread? So should we also remove the math question from the account sign-up? I'm going to keep PMing you successful newbie sign-ups because I still think you're entirely oblivious to how close to 100% we already are.

You can't have a perfect system, Cooldog. Some newbies are always either going to say "tl;dr! LOL!" or have poor english or some other reason and will ask for help. No matter how hard we work to streamline the process. The only things you can do is cut down the number by making things clear (which I think a lot of people have worked hard to do) and/or just hope that those who ask for help are cool about it (like OP pinkie).

"Foolproof systems do not take into account the ingenuity of fools."
- Gene Brown

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Solved Requests”