Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Post by Bomb »

In post 16, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 10, Mr. Flay wrote:I haven't played in quite some time, therefore I am unfamiliar with the current 'power players'. Later it will become important who is still alive and who is dead.

Game is almost all raw newbies unless there are a lot of alts here. Open/MN queues are fun like that, about half regulars specific to these games half newbies.

@BY - So you consider the RVS stage something that we want to get out of early then?

I'm guilty of being one of those raw newbies. Enjoying the games so far though.
As far as BlueYoshi talking about trying to push out of RVS thing I can understand that. In the only other game I've played I pushed it out of RVS quickly to get the ball rolling. Its good to get a few people posting and what not but someone has to make it serious sooner or later I guess. There's no real rush but in my opinion you're not actually playing until RVS is done.

But I could be wrong about that. Someone who knows more about it might care to enlighten me.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by Bomb »

In post 23, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 21, Blue Yoshi wrote:Consider the discussion we are having now.
Crazy, right?

So you didnt respond to him declaring a serious vote in order to hope to have somepony call you on not responding to his serious vote?

For RVS stuff, some players (I tend to be heavily in this camp) aim for the "kill RVS ASAP" move because its just fluff. A couple say they can actually RVS scumhunt, but ive never seen any player with a good track record of it/strong players claim it. Really its just the lull before the game actually starts and its good to finish.

@Bomb - If you have pushed the game out of RVS quickly before, why arent you doing that here?

Hadn't really looked too hard at the thread yet. You seem to be doing pretty well, testing the water with everyone and getting off to an early hunt. I'm waiting to see what a few other people post before I start being too accusatory.

Still yet to see a post from qwints, YOLO and keybladewielder. Not sure why they're so keen to lie low.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Post by Bomb »

In post 32, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 30, Bomb wrote:Still yet to see a post from qwints, YOLO and keybladewielder. Not sure why they're so keen to lie low.

That's because... they haven't posted yet? Not sure how you can claim they're "lying low" after ~24 hours.

Just figured everyone would have stuck their head in to say "Sup?" by now. Chill dude.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:24 am

Post by Bomb »

I like Bub and Rainbow for town so far. Well thought through post by Bub, to the point. Rainbow seems to be the most active poster we're going to have this game.
Mr Flay is pretty town too in my opinion since he's pretty in game focused and trying to sift through any of the unrelated stuff like Rainbow has been too.

Elyse, was the vote against YOLO because you were waiting for someone to target a person with a VI read? You weren't overly specific there and seemed to get a lot more than I did out of two words, could you explain it?
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Bomb »

In post 77, Desperado wrote:

In post 74, Bomb wrote:I like Bub and Rainbow for town so far. Well thought through post by Bub, to the point. Rainbow seems to be the most active poster we're going to have this game.
Mr Flay is pretty town too in my opinion since he's pretty in game focused and trying to sift through any of the unrelated stuff like Rainbow has been too.

Elyse, was the vote against YOLO because you were waiting for someone to target a person with a VI read? You weren't overly specific there and seemed to get a lot more than I did out of two words, could you explain it?

I don't think Bub and Rainbow and Flay are playing similarly at all, can you expound on this?

Sorry, I was stating that Flay and Rainbow have both been trying to sift through all the non-game chatter and irrelevant posts to actually scum hunt that is about where the similarity ends.

I just liked bub's posts so far as town posts. Concise, to the point, no fluff, and looks like he has been trying to pick the town players as much as picking the scum players. my perspective is scum don't bother to take the time to try and get town reads because they already know so it will be aggressive scum hunting from them mostly.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:56 am

Post by Bomb »

In post 41, Mr. Flay wrote:

Whatever people do to get information is fine, so long as it's actually forwarding the game. "
wait and see what other people do next" (i.e. Blue Yoshi) is not useful. Lurking is not useful. Attacking is useful, so I'll grant you that.
As for why I posted, I was online and it got the game into my topiclist. Usually I'll wait and pounce, as you'll see from older games.

Bub, Rainbow and YOLO
I would like to know what you think of the above bolded.

Rainbow
, you seem really concerned with my RVS comment. What was it exactly, the fact that I didn't push the game out of RVS as aggressively as I did in the game I just finished? Or was there something else that concerned you?

I like
Elyse
for town points mostly for apologizing to Jeromus it didn't pertain to the game and it drew more attention than needed to be drawn to her in that case. I think that is something scum would avoid this early and generally not give a shit about. If it were actually game related I'd have a different read of it but looks legit to me so far.

I've been reading through a some of past games meta for a few people.

KBW
seems to have not changed a lot from the other game I saw. I'm going to jump on the VI bandwagon.

Rainbow
seems to be a lot more on the offensive earlier than past finished games I read. I think that might be due to frustration babysitting some of the newbies and "feeling like she's IC" in this thread as she put it.

Jeromus
seems to talk a lot of shit
not in a bad way dude
just in an Australian, "deviate out then deviate back in to the point I was making" kind of way.
I do the same thing. It's like some convict descendent ADHD or something I don't know.
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 am

Post by Bomb »

In post 138, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 114, Bomb wrote:
Rainbow
, you seem really concerned with my RVS comment. What was it exactly, the fact that I didn't push the game out of RVS as aggressively as I did in the game I just finished? Or was there something else that concerned you?

Well you say "I did this and it was good", the game is finished and you were town there, then you sorta did the opposite here. Pair that with the lack of really pushing in any big direction and more hanging back from key topics of conversation I think you are a good scum pick. It sorta reads like a player who is really uncomfortable in the game, and with a lot of noise early that tends to equate as scum a whole lot more than town. Even not for new players if something is going on that they dont get most tend to be a little quieter as they try and get a good grasp on what is actually happening.

I was waiting because a lot of childish bickering was going on that wasn't really related to the game that I didn't want to have to pick through.
I'm not sure what key topic I've missed? Feel free to ask me anything.

In post 138, Rainbowdash wrote:
Also for being aggressive, it really is very situational for me and tends to be mostly due to how aggressive I feel I need to be to keep the game on the tracks. This one we have a lot of really shoddy early play so im going to clamp down hard as opposed to a game I have more ability to sit back and get reads. Dont like being aggro usually, but realize the need in situations.

Like I said I just thought it was with regards to the non-game bickering and the noob coaching.

Also I asked you (and others) of what you thought of something Mr. Flay said but haven't gotten an answer yet. Are you casually sidestepping because you don't think it's relevant or did you just miss the question?
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Bomb »

Oh, as for not pushing out of RVS, I thought everything was moving fine and at that stage didn't really have anything constructive to add to the conversation.

Bub made a good point with Flay talking like he knows KBW is town. I don't think it is as solid as Bubs is making it out to be but it's still a good observation.
I want to see some more content from the more inactive players before I vote because at this stage just as likely any one of them is scum and though it may not be intentional because real life shit happens, we haven't seen enough from some people.

Unvote
Bomb
Bomb
Townie
Bomb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Post by Bomb »

I apologize to everyone for this but something awful and unexpected has come up and I will have to
/replace out

I'm very very sorry. Good luck everyone.
I will hopefully see some of you down the track in another game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”