Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 2920, DeasVail wrote:Benmage, how much were you trying to look town with your self-vote post?

>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<< this much.

How retarded of a question is this?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Post by Cerulean »

In post 2918, ChannelDelibird wrote:Cerulean - the main issue I'd like to take with your big post there is the same issue that I've been taking all game with people discussing my early-game Jason read. My scumread on him did
not
suddenly appear on Day 2 - it was already something that I was nursing...

In post 311, ChannelDelibird wrote:I'd be very strongly considering a vote on Jason but Sotty and Zach have never given me reason to doubt their reads on him.

But the fact that it was Day 1 and Sottyrulez had a declared townread made pursuing that particular ping of the scumdar at that time look like a less wise idea.

I know you had said this before, but that's the impression I got from reading the thread.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 4, Votecount 11

Benmage (2) - Deasvail, ChannelDeliBird
ChannelDeliBird (3) - Benmage, camn, kuribo

Not voting (4) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Shaft, Plessiezarus

• With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 25th of March at 3:40am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-24 23:40:28)
  • No one is V/la.

Less than 24 hour left.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2925, Benmage wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<< this much.

How retarded of a question is this?

Well I don't know, but I don't understand your answer. :(
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Cerulean »

As far as Ben goes, we've actually had a really hard time with this. Ben's interactions with absta don't look great. Several of his comments are rather throwaway and could be interpreted as interacting for the sake of interacting. He doesn't give a read on absta mostly because he has a hard time judging inexperience. I know that Ben has said this in several games before so this isn't out of the ordinary. Although I don't consider absta inexperienced? He doesn't play larges I guess, but he's been onsite for over a year and has over 2000 posts, so I'm not sure about that. It still seems kinda sloppy? And for someone who says their scum game is flawless, I'd expect something better for a read on a partner...not something that just looks so suspicious.

The way tgah interacted with ben isn't telling either way. They voted him first for justice, but pretended to be of two minds about him. They came to his defense when Shadoweh was attacking him, but then again several of us did as the line of attack was bad. But, shadoweh did die night one for some reason. It can't just be because of the absta thing because more than one person went after absta. She did attack ben? Don't know how much I think this is likely though.

Empire thought that his response to zdenek when he was attacking him looked suspicious, but I haven't been able to get anything concrete on benmage from empire. He's read him a bunch of times and thinks the interactions look bad but by meta he looks the same as town. (See what overreliance of meta gets you? >_>) There are little things that look suspicious but there are some things that look townish. His hammer on tml yesterday would be weird coming from scum? (Not the hammer but the way he went about it.)

I really don't know though.

I've had Camn as a town read for most of the game even though her reasons for scum reading people day one were pretty bad and sometimes still are. There are just weird scum tells she throws out. I remember being absolutely convinced she was scum in Ladies Night though and she was town. Empire and I read through her last scum game, Buffy season one, and she does turbo bus. So, their interaction doesn't necessarily clear her? In reading I thought the "go fuck yourself" to Pless read faker, but I've read through them a bunch of times and keep coming back town on Pless, so if they're cops they're doing a really good job. But, Camn isn't as cocky sounding as scum as she is as town, which has us reading her as town. But I just re-read through buffy again, and don't see what I remember seeing before, but I was a little drunk that night so yeah.

DV is a strong town read for us based on his behavior and meta. I'm crap at reading DV; I think the only time I've read him properly was NY146 and it was mainly because I'd never ever imagine scum saying some of the things he said. And there are things that make me think he's town here. Little things like him saying stuff like it doesn't make sense for him to be scum. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's how I read him. Also, his claim and the way he claimed makes me lean town, though I'm paranoid about this too. But, from his post where he crumbs that knows scum have day talk, he always planned to claim it. And I'm still at a loss for why scum would claim a scum role, which is what an enabler does. I mean I know there are the arguments that Faraday wouldn't use it or doesn't like it, but it still fits the flavor. Wire-tap enabler would also fit along with 1 shot BG for a scum/traitor role, but I just don't know how much I believe this and empire has him as a strong town read regardless.

Still paranoid of kuribo/kise but that might just be paranoia. Still think Jason's play is atrocious and am afraid we're letting scum go based on a theory about tgah which might not even turn out to be true.

Oh tgah didn't mention camn once.

Now that I think about it camn and benmage might work well together? I don't know.

I'm going to be gone most of tomorrow. I'll try to do more tomorrow morning, and when I get home tomorrow night. I feel like reading the thread again just made me waffle harder.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Cerulean »

As far as Ben goes, we've actually had a really hard time with this. Ben's interactions with absta don't look great. Several of his comments are rather throwaway and could be interpreted as interacting for the sake of interacting. He doesn't give a read on absta mostly because he has a hard time judging inexperience. I know that Ben has said this in several games before so this isn't out of the ordinary. Although I don't consider absta inexperienced? He doesn't play larges I guess, but he's been onsite for over a year and has over 2000 posts, so I'm not sure about that. It still seems kinda sloppy? And for someone who says their scum game is flawless, I'd expect something better for a read on a partner...not something that just looks so suspicious.

The way tgah interacted with ben isn't telling either way. They voted him first for justice, but pretended to be of two minds about him. They came to his defense when Shadoweh was attacking him, but then again several of us did as the line of attack was bad. But, shadoweh did die night one for some reason. It can't just be because of the absta thing because more than one person went after absta. She did attack ben? Don't know how much I think this is likely though.

Empire thought that his response to zdenek when he was attacking him looked suspicious, but I haven't been able to get anything concrete on benmage from empire. He's read him a bunch of times and thinks the interactions look bad but by meta he looks the same as town. (See what overreliance of meta gets you? >_>) There are little things that look suspicious but there are some things that look townish. His hammer on tml yesterday would be weird coming from scum? (Not the hammer but the way he went about it.)

I really don't know though.

I've had Camn as a town read for most of the game even though her reasons for scum reading people day one were pretty bad and sometimes still are. There are just weird scum tells she throws out. I remember being absolutely convinced she was scum in Ladies Night though and she was town. Empire and I read through her last scum game, Buffy season one, and she does turbo bus. So, their interaction doesn't necessarily clear her? In reading I thought the "go fuck yourself" to Pless read faker, but I've read through them a bunch of times and keep coming back town on Pless, so if they're cops they're doing a really good job. But, Camn isn't as cocky sounding as scum as she is as town, which has us reading her as town. But I just re-read through buffy again, and don't see what I remember seeing before, but I was a little drunk that night so yeah.

DV is a strong town read for us based on his behavior and meta. I'm crap at reading DV; I think the only time I've read him properly was NY146 and it was mainly because I'd never ever imagine scum saying some of the things he said. And there are things that make me think he's town here. Little things like him saying stuff like it doesn't make sense for him to be scum. I know that doesn't sound like much but it's how I read him. Also, his claim and the way he claimed makes me lean town, though I'm paranoid about this too. But, from his post where he crumbs that knows scum have day talk, he always planned to claim it. And I'm still at a loss for why scum would claim a scum role, which is what an enabler does. I mean I know there are the arguments that Faraday wouldn't use it or doesn't like it, but it still fits the flavor. Wire-tap enabler would also fit along with 1 shot BG for a scum/traitor role, but I just don't know how much I believe this and empire has him as a strong town read regardless.

Still paranoid of kuribo/kise but that might just be paranoia. Still think Jason's play is atrocious and am afraid we're letting scum go based on a theory about tgah which might not even turn out to be true.

Oh tgah didn't mention camn once.

Now that I think about it camn and benmage might work well together? I don't know.

I'm going to be gone most of tomorrow. I'll try to do more tomorrow morning, and when I get home tomorrow night. I feel like reading the thread again just made me waffle harder.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm going to look at Benmage and CDB now!

Benmage:

First, I agree with Camn that his interactions with Absta could easily be from scum. I'm not sure if they make it more likely, but it does fit in my mind.

[post=365] feels like a fake reason for an opinion.

Ok, so now I remember that Ben's interactions with Kuribo were a large part of my not-completely-strong townread on him.

Yeah, I'm not as interested in him now. I think his attacks on Kuribo, his waffling on the significance of the self-vote and just other stuff around that time are either Ben trying hard to look town or him actually being town. It seems unnatural for scum to put in so much effort into looking town at this time (no pressure, not at the start of the game or anything like that), so because of this (as well it being more likely that he's actually town from it anyway) I am going to restore my townread on Benmage. Because of the game's situation though, it's a weak townread.

Ok, I think I'm going to go ahead and say I prefer CDB here. I think overall he's been less town than Benmage, him saying that he won't let us lynch him is something that I've thought more as scum, and looking back at his response to his first big wagon (which I earlier thought was from town), I can see it coming from scum. Examples are little things, like "Who are the scum coasting on my wagon?" is the kind of thing I'd expect more from scum trying to have the town response to their wagon rather than actually from town (I think it's actually a little unnatural and forced really).

I know this stuff is really weak, but it's all I have right now. I don't feel that great about the lynch because obviously I found him town earlier for a reason, but I don't think there's anyone that I'd feel good about.

Vote: CDB

L-1. I'll be around again before deadline and am not dead set on lynching CDB if someone really wants another player lynched.
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:56 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 2923, Shaft wrote:And you know what? I don't care for the theory that DV is a second traitor. I don't want that kind of dangerous thought process to keep possible po-po alive. Taking away daytalk is a heavy blow for scum, and like I said, it'd be weird to setup a game where scum can kill someone and PUNISH them for it. And you can't say we don't have enough time because we've looked at DV plenty.

DV and CDB's feelings for each other make them look like an easy pair so I will vote either with a preference to eliminate the encryptor first.

If your preference is to vote DV, why haven't you done so?

If you think DV is a Cop, why do you believe he's telling the truth about his claim? I mean, I agree that a town-aligned day-talk enabler is kind of swingy, but all the arguments against Faraday having used a "daytalk enabler" seem even stronger if DV is actually a Cop :?.

(I definitely agree CDB and DV look like they could be partners though. Actually slightly surprised to see DV voting for CDB now.)

In post 2929, Cerulean wrote:But, shadoweh did die night one for some reason. It can't just be because of the absta thing because more than one person went after absta. She did attack ben? Don't know how much I think this is likely though.

Meh. It
might
have just been because of the absta thing? (I mean, shadoweh isn't the only person to have suspected absta, nor the most vocal, but scum can only kill people one at a time ...). Having a hard time seeing an obvious motive for either the shadoweh or sottyrulez NKs. A few ideas, but nothing concrete. Not sure it's worth speculating much until (unless?) we have another scum flip. (A lot of the 'obvious' people not dying early can probably just be explained by the threat of the Doctor?)

In post 2929, Cerulean wrote:I mean I know there are the arguments that Faraday wouldn't use it or doesn't like it, but it still fits the flavor.

How
does it fit the flavour? People (whether Barksalde or the Cops) don't use Wallace to carry messages. His being alive doesn't allow people to talk in Orlando's. His death doesn't stop people talking.

(Really though, Ronnie Mo as JOAT and Sterling as Friendly Neighbor don't particularly fit the flavor either, so I don't know how much this matters either way).

In post 2929, Cerulean wrote: Still think Jason's play is atrocious and am afraid we're letting scum go based on a theory about tgah which might not even turn out to be true.

If DV is town, I think Jason is a very good candidate for a hypothetical second Traitor. (And I guess that would point towards Kise, Kuribo and Benmage all being town?)

I just can't imagine what TGAH thought he was doing if he knew Jason was a Cop. (Bussing really makes no sense unless TGAH
knew
that the Cops knew he was a Traitor. Otherwise you're begging for the NK, if nothing else. Although ... yeah, recruitable, maybe? Bah.)

~ Pless
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:36 am

Day 4, Votecount 12

Benmage (1) - ChannelDeliBird
ChannelDeliBird (4) - Benmage, camn, kuribo, Deasvail

Not voting (4) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Shaft, Plessiezarus

• No one is V/la.

~12 hours until deadline.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:36 am

Post by Cerulean »

Slept in this morning and am getting ready to leave for the afternoon, but I will be back at least five hours before deadline and will be here until deadline so will be able to vote. Empire might be around too, but I expect he'll have a bit of a hangover so might not.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:49 am

Post by Cerulean »

Oh but here is how I see it fitting the flavor. His ability is rt, which Wallace does do for that murder of that one guy. He gives the cops the information about who he called and the part he played in that guy ending up getting torture murdered. The cops then send him to his grandparents to keep him safe, and he planned o testify. However he comes to decide that he misses the tower boys and leaves and reenters the game. But he's then killed for suspicion of being a rat and when he does the cops lead on that case goes poof, and they have no more evidence tying the barksdales to that murder.

That's how I see he flavor fitting. The body guard part is what I more struggle with the flavor, but it's called don't die Wallace, and he does protect a buch of kids, meh? But I can't think of anyone who fits a rat role that would also be a bodyguard.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:37 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 2932, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 2923, Shaft wrote:And you know what? I don't care for the theory that DV is a second traitor. I don't want that kind of dangerous thought process to keep possible po-po alive. Taking away daytalk is a heavy blow for scum, and like I said, it'd be weird to setup a game where scum can kill someone and PUNISH them for it. And you can't say we don't have enough time because we've looked at DV plenty.

DV and CDB's feelings for each other make them look like an easy pair so I will vote either with a preference to eliminate the encryptor first.

If your preference is to vote DV, why haven't you done so?

If you think DV is a Cop, why do you believe he's telling the truth about his claim? I mean, I agree that a town-aligned day-talk enabler is kind of swingy, but all the arguments against Faraday having used a "daytalk enabler" seem even stronger if DV is actually a Cop :?.

LOL Thisguy. It's been you all along isn't it? :mad:

I'd like to hear the scum motive you're trying to dig out of me BEFORE CDB flips. These questions are fluff at this point...to answer, I wanted to see which was preferred after I posted. The neighbors said DV was eager to claim. History would point to the encryptor being obvscum, but the way DV apparently went about claiming makes him look too ballsy to be scum. GREAT move for him to make if scum. But hey, I'm just as back and forth as some of you...what's currently screwing with me is the possibility that a mafia bodyguard dies protecting a buddy, which then tips off to Cerulean that he almost killed scum if not for DVscum.

TLDR, DV may be town nvm.

In post 2932, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 2929, Cerulean wrote:But, shadoweh did die night one for some reason. It can't just be because of the absta thing because more than one person went after absta. She did attack ben? Don't know how much I think this is likely though.

Meh. It
might
have just been because of the absta thing? (I mean, shadoweh isn't the only person to have suspected absta, nor the most vocal, but scum can only kill people one at a time ...). Having a hard time seeing an obvious motive for either the shadoweh or sottyrulez NKs. A few ideas, but nothing concrete. Not sure it's worth speculating much until (unless?) we have another scum flip. (A lot of the 'obvious' people not dying early can probably just be explained by the threat of the Doctor?)

Explain tomorrow.

vote CDB

Either way, it was more than a bit tormenting when my scumreads are chosen as the mafia kills.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:40 am

Post by kuribo »

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU ASK HIM A QUESTION THAT YOU WANT ANSWERED BEFORE THE FLIP AND THEN HAMMER?

WBAT THE GODLESS FUCK
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 am

Post by kuribo »

Ohhh wait you were talking to plessie. How do you know pless will be alive to answer?

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Kawaii
Kawaii
Goon
Kawaii
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Kawaii »

In post 2761, DeasVail wrote:And hey, I thought I'd just add 1-Shot Bodyguard as a test to see how ridiculous a claim I could make people believe?

lol i somehow missed this til now

so you were lying about being bodyguard?
Shaft
Shaft
Goon
Shaft
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Shaft »

In post 2761, DeasVail wrote:And hey, I thought I'd just add 1-Shot Bodyguard as a test to see how ridiculous a claim I could make people believe?

lol i somehow missed this til now

so you were lying about being bodyguard?

@kuribo, because pless is in a good position as both town or scum to skip being killed or lynched. As town, he's just a VT, and I may or may not have used a protect on him already. As scum, he's not among the forerunners to be lynched. Scum were reasonable to juke my N2 protect on Zd and get him N3.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:59 am

Post by kuribo »

That DV quote is blatantly out of context. Even I can see that and I'm an idiot.

The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 am

Day 4, Votecount 13 aka End of Day VC

Benmage (1) - ChannelDeliBird
ChannelDeliBird (5) - Benmage, camn, kuribo, Deasvail, Shaft

Not voting (3) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Plessiezarus

• No one is V/la.

The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:33 am

The Wire, Season 1: Episode 8 - One Arrest

Come at the king, you best not miss

Marquis "Bird" Hilton was arrested earlier today for jaywalking. Upon arrest the man turned violent and declared he would fuck the "bitch" who arrested him in all three holes. (Well, I mean jaywalking shouldn't be a crime. If you get hit you die. Punishment enough! Still, no excuse for acting like an ass!). Anyway, what would his mommy say? I don't think she'd like the way he treats women. Kick him out! Uhm...newspaper article ooc scene is over!

ChannelDelibird - Marquis "Bird" Hilton - Goon - aligned with the
Barksdale Organization
was lynched Day 4.

Deadline for night is 48 hours. Countdown: (expired on 2013-03-26 14:34:14)
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:34 pm

The Wire, Season 1: Episode 9 - Game Day

Maybe we won

Long arm of the law reaches the little people!

Wintell "Little Man" Royce was arrested Friday evening after police raides his place of work. Little Man, who works as something in somewhere was caught.

Plessiezarus - Wintell "Little Man" Royce - Goon - aligned with the
Barksdale Organization
was arrested Night 4.

Episode 9 will continue shortly.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Day 5, Votecount 0

Not voting (7) :
Cerulean, Benmage, JasonT1981, camn, Deasvail, kuribo, Shaft

• With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of April at 11:59am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-04-09 19:59:28)

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

oh wow.... Cerulean is the only one I am certain of being town right now in the 6 others left.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm

Post by Cerulean »

They couldn't have killed Shaft? Someone I'm actually paranoid about? (I mean I was a little paranoid of Pless, but decided they were town through my paranoia.)

Oh check this out. Jason's protective coating has gone snap, crackle, pop

If you follow the link, you will find a game that was running at the same time as this game that features a mafia traitor konowa (one head of tgah) to a mafia goon absta. In that game the mafia member he knew was absta and bussed him early for pretty much no reason at all.

So, Jason for the love of all that is good and holy, please if you're town do something to make me not want to lynch you.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Cerulean »

*in that game the only mafia member he knew
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Oh and think that scum is in Camn, Benmage, Jason, Shaft.

If it's kuribo or dv...fml.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”