Micro 151: Mafia in New-Newbie Land (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

VOTE: borkjerkin

Gas powered cities seem dangerous.
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

@Pala does CE's second vote on Majiiffy have anything to do with you vote?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

@mothrax does that mean you no longer consider it a random vote?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

Pala wrote:Not entirely. I had determined to start with a vote on her already for the reason I stated previously, but it did make me more suspicious.

What about it made you “more” suspicious and what caused your initial suspicion?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

That's kind of a cryptic answer.

Are you trolling me?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

@Majiffy why no random vote?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:46 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

I think it’s beneficial to participate in the game.

He mustered enough energy to stick his head in the thread(twice), but not enough energy to even give us a RVS it seems off, and a little on the active lurking side.
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 49, borkjerfkin wrote:Majiffy not RVSing is par for him.

Are you going to answer all the questions I ask majiffy?

Majiffy are you going to ignore all the questions I ask you?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:11 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

@moth do you typically vote without giving an explanation?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 81, elvis_knits wrote:Hey Mr e roll, all you ever do is ask questions and don't really provide analysis.

It's getting annoying. I also think it's a way to fake participation. Like hey I'll just keep asking questions to look like I'm helping but I'm not actually doing shit! I havent even given any opinions!

VOTE: Mr. E roll

(Shut your pie hole, Wisdom!)

In post 51, elvis_knits wrote:I feel like we are all trying really hard to get out of RVS and it's just not happening.

elvis_knits wrote:I feel like this game has been super tame and subtle so far and nothing is glaringly scummy to me. If nothing jumps out at me soon I think I'll need to overreact to something so that... something happens. Like even if I'm wrong we get lot more reads by seeing how people feel about bold moves.

I ask questions because the answers may lead to discussion. The answers I’ve been receiving have been pretty straight forward and not requiring analysis. Maybe I’m asking the wrong questions feel free to ask some yourself.

I haven’t given much on the way of opinions because… I don’t know maybe the game “has been super tame and subtle so far“?

Do you think it would be beneficial to the town if I stopped asking questions since it is annoying you?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:43 am

Post by Mr E Roll »

Lots of stuff going on…

I like Pala’s vote against Xeg for lurking in principle. It’s show that Pala is ready to leave the RVS behind but hasn’t found anything particularly scummy so is voting a policy lynch. This is hopefully going to force scum to participate more giving us more opportunities to catch scum slips.

Mothrax’s vote against Majiffy is similar but has a couple of differences I think are worth mentioning: it was placed on the biggest bandwagon so it may have been opportunistic and the reason for placing the vote was initially withheld. If I was a cynical man I might think he was waiting to see how town reacted to the vote and if it was met with resistance he could claim “reaction test”.

@Mothrax what was the purpose for voting without giving an explanation?

Majiffy’s counter-case against Mothrax isn’t very compelling. I don’t necessarily find bandwagonning to be scummy as this is what creates the pressure that is needed to get reactions. Nor do I think that placing a vote against an active lurker is bad. And I could see how your entrance into the game would set off active lurker vibes. Your second post in particular seemed totally unnecessary. The problem is that with a grand total of only three posts you weren’t actually active lurking any more than Xeg was actually lurking after a 20 hour gap in posting.

This brings us to my contribution to the discussion…

In post 97, mothrax wrote:Hmmmm. Very very interesting.
Question: I haven't played in like two years and micros weren't a thing. What's the likely ratio were looking at? 2/7? 3/6?

I don't like Pala immediately sheeping bork... Not one bit said the spider to the fly. Especially after she names two other scumspects in the same post.

Up until this point mothrax had been very economical in his use of words it seems out of character that he would ask about the scum:town ratio. It seems like an intentional town slip… “hmmm I can’t be scum I don’t even know how many there are”.

It seems even less plausible when he tells us nevermind in the very next post and tries to laugh it off. Definitely feels contrived.

Unvote

VOTE: mothrax

@Wisdom why the vote on Xeg?
Mr E Roll
Mr E Roll
Goon
Mr E Roll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by Mr E Roll »

In post 134, elvis_knits wrote:
I really like wisdom's xegaras vote and think I join once I read since I'm only phone skimming now.

I’m ok with pressuring for some content but let’s be careful that this bandwagon doesn’t take on a life of it’s own before xeg gets a chance to respond.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”