Micro 153: Sherlock Holmes Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Syryana »

/confirm
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:52 am

Post by Syryana »

A cursory examination of the crime scene reveals Ms Marangal to be killing people again.
VOTE: Ms Marangal
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 31, Ms Marangal wrote:shaddup Syr, leave me alone. I dun liek yew

</3 :(
UNVOTE:

I also rather like Swords' point about Yoshi. He does seem rather insistent on mentioning that there are 2 mafia.

In post 28, Blue Yoshi wrote:And I'm trying to kind of ease our way out of RVS with actual info.

I don't find this a scumtell for trying to get out of RVS like Seanald does, but something doesn't seem quite right about it either. All Yoshi has really talked about is the number of mafia and speculating that both of them have some kind of power. I guess I don't consider vague setup speculation as "actual info".

goodmorning wrote:
In post 37, Blue Yoshi wrote:Considering you probably know that's not true why are you voting me for it?

What makes you say this?

Also this.

VOTE: Blue Yoshi

And where the heck is mollie?

Pedit: Where are we getting "generally considered false" from?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:30 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 44, sword_of_omens wrote:
UNVOTE:

for now...
@Syr -
you do realize that you put Blue Yoshi @ L-1, right?
Would have been nice of you to announce that so we don't get an accidental speedlynch on page 2 before we can gain anything useful from this day...

L-1? I thought it was L-2. Damnit.
UNVOTE:
So sorry. He's still suspicious though.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 56, goodmorning wrote:@Syr: Do you have something more concrete from your "not quite right" feeling yet?

Yeah. I think his methods for moving us out of RVS are bogus. His so-called "actual info" is nothing of the sort and involves vague speculative filler involving the number of mafia and how likely they are to have PRs of some kind. No me gusta "vague speculative filler".

Also, his #67 gives me a headache.

Ms Marangal wrote:I can't see scum freaking out about someone else freaking out about someone else being placed at L-1 unless they were me and they forgot about their alignment for a few moments...

unless he was doing this for looks, he's town. I'm not overly confident about it, but confident enough so that I can leave him alone for a while while I look for who may be scum. also, his first couple posts of the game is care-free.

Damnit Marangal, why do you
always
say things like this? You call swords town, then present a point that implies that
I
am town, rather than swords. Swords freaked out because I put BY at L-1.
I
freaked out because swords freaked out that I put BY at L-1. Also, your point about carefree first posts is pure nonsense. Everybody's carefree in RVS.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Syryana »

Sigh... Here's what you wrote.
Ms Marangal wrote:I can't see
scum
freaking out about
someone else
freaking out about
someone else
being placed at L-1 unless they were me and they forgot about their alignment for a few moments...

Let's replace those silly someone elses and scums with names.

Ms Marangal wrote:I can't see
Syryana
freaking out about
Swords
freaking out about
Blue Yoshi
being placed at L-1 unless they were me and they forgot about their alignment for a few moments...

So essentially, your point becomes me being scum, because you weren't paying attention to what you were saying. Saying "Swords" twice in that context makes no sense. Now, if you'd said "Swords is town because he freaked out when Yoshi was placed at L-1", it would have made sense. Too many vague nouns.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:41 pm

Post by Syryana »

My, I go take an exam and come back to L-2. Exciting!

For the record, I didn't realize it was L-1 on Yoshi. Felt like a jackass when I saw swords' post; I don't usually do dumb shit like that. I didn't re-vote Yoshi later because I knew I'd be out all day and didn't want to leave my vote on him all night.

However, my flash wagon has had some interesting effects!

In post 91, goodmorning wrote:
Vote: Syr

This may be a blatant sheepvote but it's a damned decent one.

It makes me suspicious when someone who scumhunts actively suddenly decides to sheep.

In post 85, pirate mollie wrote:holy cow, what is all of this "moliemolliemollie ARGGGHHH WHERE IS MOLLIE!!!!" coming from?

syrana - you didn't seem convinced that yoshi is scum. the vote and then unvote looked convenient and it also looks like scum trying to blend in.

Our lives are empty without you, mollie. And I wasn't convinced BY is scum. That's why I flipped a shit after I realized I put him at L-1. I wanted to pressure him certainly, but I wasn't certain enough of my read on him to lynch him on page 3.

Marangal, why does swords' #91 make you like him less?

Swords, do you think it's a scumtell for me to overreact the way I did? Are you familiar with my play?

Mollie, what do you think of BY, Pala, Zach?

Pala, what do you think of my flash wagon?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #100 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Syryana »

I overreact as town. Not so much as scum. Should probably work on fixing that.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #103 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:05 am

Post by Syryana »

Seanald, who're you finding scummy right now?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 104, Blue Yoshi wrote:
Holy metawifom.

Hey, he asked.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #114 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 am

Post by Syryana »

VOTE: BlueYoshi
FoS: Seanald

Largely because nothing has happened since the last time I looked at this thread.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #127 (isolation #11) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 117, Pala wrote:
In post 97, Syryana wrote:
Pala, what do you think of my flash wagon?

I think it's a good wagon, unlike BY's wagon which didn't really have a strong basis. I particularly like sword's post #90 and the point he raises against you. Your only response to it has been that it was an overreaction and you tend to do that a lot (but moreso as town). I'll have to take a look at your meta to see if this is in fact true. Until then
FoS: Syryana

Well, there's a reason that was my only response. It was true. If the truth doesn't suit you I suppose I could make up some kind of story for you.

In post 122, Blue Yoshi wrote:Not really enjoying Syryana's distance of Seanald, even though they perfectly agree with each other, it's a completely baseless FoS. How can you agree with the person and be suspicious of them as well?
While slightly rhetorical I still want you to answer it Syryana.

Um, just because someone says something I agree with doesn't mean I trust them.

In post 124, goodmorning wrote:
On Syr's wagon: I wouldn't classify it as a flashwagon and I wouldn't say it precludes him from being Scum.

I went from L-5 to L-2 in 6 posts and three hours. Yoshi had a similar timeline but more posts occurred (and it was L-1 instead of L-2). How is my wagon not a flash wagon?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #129 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 128, goodmorning wrote:The reasoning behind it basically. I wouldn't classify your wagon as a flashwagon because the reasoning on it is decent. I don't think it's unreasonable for three people to have voted you so quickly.

I see.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #135 (isolation #13) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 134, pirate mollie wrote:pala is tweaking my scumdar and I don't think it is a playstyle thing

want to vote pala?

What about Pala tweaks your scumdar?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #142 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Syryana »

After going back and looking at Pala, there's a couple things that stand out. Pala seems to be taking swords' answers/reasons w.r.t. me and Seanald without challenge. Why would you need swords to tell you if this is par for the course for Seanald? Why not go meta Seanald instead? Why would you call swords' reason for voting me a good reason yet only FOS me?

Marangal, why are you buddying mollie and me?

sword_of_omens wrote:@Seanald – quit being a deliberate ass…it’s almost as if you are trying to hard at it this game…which means you are creeping over to the scum side of my wall…I’d appreciate it if you would contribute…

A tryharding ass? Does his assholishness appear forced? Why does Seanald making personal attacks make you think he's scum?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #144 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 143, Ms Marangal wrote:and you because I don't think the pressure on you is misplaced. also, I was hoping someone would pick up on it as the way a person does, and how they present their worry on my buddying can tell me what that person's alignment it, but since no one picked up on it, I can't use it :/

So, let me get this straight. You're buddying me because you think I'm scum. You want other people to pick up on it so that you can intuit their alignment? That's a pretty exotic move. Why did you feel the need to make it?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #148 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 147, pirate mollie wrote:every time I have been in a game where the wagon stalled this early in a micro it was the bw was on scum and they could not get (or too chickenshit) to get a competing one going.

let's lynch syrana guys

I fail to see how 7/9 people being afk is indicative of my alignment.

VOTE: pirate mollie
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #152 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:34 am

Post by Syryana »

pirate mollie wrote:so syryana what do you think of pala?

In post 142, Syryana wrote:After going back and looking at Pala, there's a couple things that stand out. Pala seems to be taking swords' answers/reasons w.r.t. me and Seanald without challenge. Why would you need swords to tell you if this is par for the course for Seanald? Why not go meta Seanald instead? Why would you call swords' reason for voting me a good reason yet only FOS me?

I think Pala is null leaning scum. It seems like Pala is asking questions for the sake of asking questions because the answers don't really seem to be affecting her (I'm calling Pala a her until some gender is specified) play or opinions on people. She also seems to like taking swords' word for things instead of doing her own investigations. Not really impressed with her scumhunting either. I didn't really think much about Pala to start with, but the more I dig into her ISO the less I see that I like.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #154 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 153, Ms Marangal wrote:Hmm... I'm coming back when I can think, which is hopefully, now.

I can understand why you think Syr is scum mollie, but I really do doubt that he is one of them. He has a point, being that alot of the people aren't paying that much attention to him, town and scum both so I don't think the stalling of his wagon is indicative of alignment this time around. there really isn't anyone that I could think of as a viable partner for him at this stage anyway

People paying attention to me or not is not indicative of alignment. That's what I just voted mollie for. Also not being able to find my scumpartner is not indicative of my alignment.

Your white knighting of me is becoming increasingly incoherent and alarming.

VOTE: Ms Marangal
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #157 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 156, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 155, Ms Marangal wrote:take it like a man

Is it just me that finds this phrase kinda weird, i mean men don't take much, so why are we taking things like men?

take it like a woman would make a lot more sense.

I very nearly spewed a drink all over the wall while reading this. Thanks, Sherlock.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #159 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 158, sword_of_omens wrote:yeh..actually after re-reading...

i can easily see a Syr/Ms M scum team...

Ms M flip flop on Syr is noted…she first said that she was worried that the BY wagon was scum-driven and declares Syr the shiftiest on the wagon..but as soon as votes get put onto him she immdeiately tries to defend him..and poorly, might I add…her #99 says she thought he was town for his over-reaction in another game, yet she was tricked and got mad. So why would his over-reaction in this game make him seem town to her now? I also found it funny that she said that only Mollie’s vote and reasoning on Syr was legit (even though she didn’t agree with it ) and tried to dismiss my vote as a generic sheep.
Also, what I found very shady was the way she tried to subtly deflect Syr’s wagon and fuel a counter on Pala based off of Mollie’s comment, coupled with trying to justify it by associating GM into it…and all of that without committing a vote to it herself.

Syr is still scummy….and with him being the top wagon, and deadline approaching, I can see him make the move to distance himself and bus hard on Ms M to throw suspicion away from her when he flips scum. This makes sense, especially if he is worried about MS M getting tied to him because of her awkward defense of him. On this page alone, the back and forth between Ms M and Syr seems forced..

Ms M’s main reasoning for town-Syr is that the pressure on him was misplaced and she can’t find a suitable partner for him…but that’s probably because it is her…

I still think we should lynch Syr today...and if he does flip scum, then i think Ms M would deserve some extra attention...

That's nice. If you had Marangal white knighting
your
ass for no apparent reason, wouldn't you get a bit friggin suspicious? Not to mention your whole point about Marangal and me being partners is a load of crock, since no sane scum would white knight his partner for the better part of the day. Marangal's trying to get towncred on my flip.

Your point about the dialogue between myself and Marangal being forced is subjective and quite frankly looks like you just threw it in there to help justify your MsM/Syr team.

Actually, on further reflection your post is a great argument for another scumteam: you and Marangal. You point out all the scummy things Marangal is doing (which have all been conveniently mentioned at earlier points in the thread by various people), propose that Marangal and I are the scumteam thanks to her scummy things, justify your vote remaining on me due to the approaching deadline and my supposed bussing of Marangal. You cap it all off by saying "hey, let's lynch Syr today and when he flips scum we can investigate Marangal!"

This gives you a bonafide reason
not
to investigate Marangal, because when I flip town you'll say "oh, looks like Ms M was right, oops, time to investigate someone else!", giving you an ironclad reason to slap a townread onto your partner. It
also
has the added benefit of making you look town if Marangal gets lynched for her WKing anyways, since you as scum do not have a reason to bus her at this point. No matter how it turns out, you come out smelling like a rose.

VOTE: sword_of_omens
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #161 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 160, Ms Marangal wrote:lol, that only works if I am actually scum, but I'm not.

You'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

I do find it interesting that you call my points out for not working since you're not scum, but disregard the fact that swords' case on you being my partner revolves around me being scum.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #164 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Syryana »

You should replace whatever symbol is in the middle of your avatar with a blacked out version of Harvey Dent, Marangal.

Pedit: Well, you quoted my post, so I assumed you were talking about me. Was I mistaken?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #168 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 165, Blue Yoshi wrote:The exchanges between Ms M and Syr over the last few posts have been kind of odd, but what I find as the most implausible is Syr's Ms M vote.
Considering Syr knows his own alignment, someone else trying to defend him as town shouldn't be suspicious at least to him, yet he thinks so.
It also looks like he's even trying to pour his suspicion off of him and on to, well all sorts of people. Every one of his last few posts has been a vote on a different person.
It's not at all logical for town to think this way, but scum can use it as a distance ploy. Possibly even 3rd party?

Scum PoV, thanks brah.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #173 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Syryana »

Congratulations, you've just killed the Sherlock Holmes Prodigy. I'm town, you sorry bastards!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #176 (isolation #25) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Syryana »

Attempted scum hammer detected! Except the scum forgot she was already voting me!

Not to mention the fact if she'd ever read my scum meta she'd know she was full of shit.

VOTE: goodmorning

Also, die Yoshi die for being terrible.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #183 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 182, sword_of_omens wrote:@Ms M 's #179 - thinking it was something else actually...

What?

Ms Marangal wrote:Syr, you should know that town are just as likely as scum to quick hammer :/

Yes, but that scum meta remark was a lame justification for a quickhammer. Not to mention a wrong one.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #185 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 172, goodmorning wrote:
This is a good point, and a good lead-in to what I was going to say: meta. He is playing his Scum meta here to a T.

zoo's post concerning a Syr/Ms M team would not surprise me even a little bit if it were 100% true. I could also see a Syr/zoo team for that matter, but one thing is for sure - if Syr flips Town I will be VERY surprised.

Vote: Syr
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #198 (isolation #28) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Syryana »

I'm just dancing on the edge of disaster, here. And Seanald, are you fucking retarded?

Pedit: Troll away, it was only L-1.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #200 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:59 pm

Post by Syryana »

I don't know what I'm thinking anymore. GM's attempted hammer was scummy, swords' #158 was scummy, Marangal's WKing is like what the hell, BlueYoshi and Seanald are blatantly retarded. Pala did some weird shit, but she's gone now, so...

If I had to guess a team, yes, Swords and Marangal would be my choice. Maybe swords/GM; history has proved I can't read Marangal to save my damned life.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #208 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 203, goodmorning wrote:I think the best explanation for this is just to explain where it came from. Stole the idea off of the utter fuckery in this game. Mostly I wanted to see what would happen with it in a game where some of the players actually gave a shit.

So, basically you hammered for the hell of it, yes?
goodmorning wrote:And stop calling it an "attempted hammer," it was nothing of the sort. If I'd actually been trying to hammer you I would have been polite enough to have declared intent.

Wait, so you weren't hammering? I'm confused.

In post 203, goodmorning wrote:
In post 187, Ms Marangal wrote:Hmm... GM, what of Syr's scum meta is he playing?

The constant OMGUS, for a start. It's a bit late or I'd go through and be more specific.

@EVERYONE: Did anyone else find his "oh no, you've killed me, I'm Town" post interesting?

This proves you have not read my scum meta.

Contradicting herself, lying about reading my scum meta...

Good vote is good.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #212 (isolation #31) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:56 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 211, goodmorning wrote:This proves you didn't give that game a glance-over.
tl;dr: there were about three fakehammers in that game and if anyone had actually given a shit they might have been useful. People seem to give a shit in this game, so...

With no idea of what I was looking for, no. I saw a bunch of dumbfuckery perpetuated by various people, as you pointed out, but I was unaware I was looking for a fakehammer, since you had never mentioned a fakehammer up to that point nor indicated that your supposedly fake hammer was anything of the kind.

Not to mention the fact in every case in the game you linked it was blatantly obvious that the fake hammer was in fact fake. Your post on the other hand blended together a lot of lame justifications for the hammer rather than something along the lines of "LOL HAMMA TIME LOL". Hell, you even fooled the mod into thinking the hammer was genuine. So I'm calling bullshit on the whole "reaction test" nonsense.

In post 211, goodmorning wrote:
lying about reading my scum meta...

Please feel free to slander me on this issue.

Slander? 'Tis you doing the slandering. I have precisely one completed scum game on the site: Open 481. Your assertion that my blatant OMGUS is a scumtell proves you've never read that game; not once in that entire game did I ever OMGUS anyone. In fact, at only one point did I ever even get any votes. I did not respond with OMGUS in that situation but talked my way out of it. Therefore, you are a liar and a slanderer.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #220 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 214, goodmorning wrote:As per your assertion that none of those votes were OMGUS: fine. I'm not going to argue it with you because that will get this game nowhere.
I will therefore retract that phrase and replace it with this one: sheer volume of votes.
A full 25% of your posts in that game have you voting in them.
Here? ANOTHER 25% OH MY GOD A COINCIDENCE
Ok, but seriously, the volume of your voting is playing to your scum meta.

Now we're using statistical BS to cover it! Do you not realize that I have a third more posts in this game on the first day than I did in
that entire game
? Of
course
25% of my posts were votes in that game; I only posted once a bloody day and backed up each of my votes with a tower of newblogic. Now you're just taking things out of context to make me look like a scum. If you want to use my scum meta to call me scum, at least analyze the play, don't just pull out random things that vaguely compare to this game.

In post 214, goodmorning wrote:@Everyone else: What do you think of ?

Well if ya'll hadn't figured out it was a "gratz guys, you just killed a town PR" by now, there ain't much hope for ya.

Seanald, stop being a jackalope and contribute to the damn game.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #222 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:57 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 221, Seanald wrote:claim flavor syrana

What?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #227 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

Most of you are probably going to shrug this off as OMGUS. Most of you can go to hell.
In post 225, sword_of_omens wrote: basically what I was stating yesterday was that GM was town for her fake hammer…I seriously doubt that she “forgot” her vote was on Syr…and most fake hammers are from town anyway trying to get scum to slip up, although they rarely work and are hard to pull off smoothly…I wanted her to verify that that’s what it was first, rather than give her an excuse she can use in case it wasn’t…

Meanwhile Syr, you are still pretty scummy…and I can’t really say that your #173 is genuine, because you knew GM was already voting you when she hammered (based off of your#176) so you’d have known that the lynch wouldn’t have gone through...

although I will say lynching a possible PR on day 1 sucks, and seeing as I’m not liking Ms M much either, I might be good with a rope twining around her neck while I try to decide on you.

Vote: Ms M

Like, wow. Your first paragraph is totally subjective. You can't prove she did or didn't forget she hadn't forgotten where her vote was. Fake hammers usually coming from town is a load of BS. You're making a ton of assumptions here that you can't possibly back up.

Second, you're using my #176 to "prove" I knew the hammer was fake in #173? If anything, #176 proves I
didn't
know the hammer was fake, since I made the statement "Attempted scum hammer detected!" At the time, I believed she'd tried to hammer but forgotten her vote. It wasn't until she explicitly made a reference to the fakehammer in #211 that I realized that was what she was doing.

So you've already decided at this point I'm really scummy, so you... vote Marangal? If you actually believed what you were saying you'd vote me back anyways, since you've already decided I'm scummy and should probably die. So what, then, are you doing voting Marangal?

I'll tell you what you're doing. You're giving yourself elbow room, simulating caution and edging away from my lynch in the event that I do actually transpire to be a PR. You then proceed to vote the most lynchable alternative: Marangal. Several folks have been onto her for WKing me and buddying up to mollie, so she's the most likely counterwagon.

You get a lynch on Marangal, NK anyone else but me and I'm a free mislynch tomorrow. If Marangal's your partner, you get mad towncred for starting her wagon and I die tomorrow as her supposed partner. If she pops town, it's LyLo after my mislynch, since nobody would believe I would survive the night as a claimed PR and I'd probably get lynched before I have time to read the thread after Daybreak. In the event I get lynched today, you get free towncred when I pop town, since you didn't want to lynch me as I might be a PR.

In short, you're definitely scum. Either Marangal or goodmorning is your partner.

VOTE: sword_of_omens

Pedit: @TNE, I'm not lynched. I'm at L-2 right now. I'm also not telling you what precisely my role does, because it's completely useless if I reveal that.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #239 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 234, sword_of_omens wrote:also, Syr is flailing.... subjective again? everything is subjective... we have to try and put the pieces together... that's the whole frickin point of this game...

Of course. However, in this case the nonsense I called you out on was just that, nonsense. It wasn't you putting pieces together. It was you making wild assertions that cannot possibly be backed up and using them to paint me as scum. You are also implying you knew that GM was fakehammering the entire time. I didn't know GM made a fakehammer until she explicitly said she did. I thought it was an "I forgot my vote was still on Syr derp". Still think it was, actually (but that's not the point). You knew/suspected she was fakehammering five posts after she did it?

Actually, going back and looking at that post made me realize something rather interesting (stealin yo words, GM). I went back and looked at GM's fakehammer, and saw this at the bottom:
In post 172, goodmorning wrote:zoo's post concerning a Syr/Ms M team would not surprise me even a little bit if it were 100% true.
I could also see a Syr/zoo team for that matter
, but one thing is for sure - if Syr flips Town I will be VERY surprised.

Bolded the relevant part. This came out of NOWHERE. I went back and looked through the game and did a combined sword/GM ISO, and you know what I found? Not once before that post did GM ever indicate that swords was scummy. She asked him a couple of questions, to which swords replied with what I felt are reasonable answers (one of them was #90, the major impetus in fueling my wagon and coincidentally the major reason GM sheeped said wagon). Where then, did this arbitrary Syr/Swords scumteam idea come from? None of her prior posts support this. She also hasn't mentioned it since.

Then, from swords a couple posts later:
In post 180, sword_of_omens wrote:also ftr, I think GM is town..

So, swords thinks GM is town right after she got done saying he might be my partner
and
the attempted quickhammer/fakehammer/whatever the fuck it was? I see no reason (or even town motivation) for this post. Swords follows this with the paragraph I quoted from his #225, saying he thought GM was town for various unverifiable reasons (doubt she forgot her vote was on me, fakehammers usually come from town, etc.).

In post 234, sword_of_omens wrote:I said its not best to lynch a possible PR on day 1...
considering I have two strong candidates for scum, and with your soft PR claim, id prefer to maybe give you the benefit of the doubt and take the safer route...

If you had actually read my post, I already dealt with this point. Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you. The problem is, the post where you vote Marangal you had just spent a paragraph talking about how scummy I am. Combine that with the fact that your next sentence comes off as "I really wanna lynch you, but I'll look bad if you're a PR", I think it's more a case of you wanting to appear pro-town than actually
being
pro-town. In short, you over-explained yourself and it bit you on the ass. All you had to do was quote my softclaim post and say "reconsidering for now, Marangal looks scummy..."

In post 234, sword_of_omens wrote:also...Syr, full claim please..

Nou.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #240 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Syryana »

EBWOP:
In post 239, Syryana wrote:Actually, going back and
looking at that fakehammer post
made me realize something rather interesting (stealin yo words, GM). I went back and looked at GM's fakehammer, and saw this at the bottom:
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #250 (isolation #37) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 245, Ms Marangal wrote:Mollie, Syr, and GM are all town BTW

Whyso mollie and GM?

Pedit: LolMarangalLol
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #255 (isolation #38) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Post by Syryana »

Why does GM's gambit read town?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #274 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 273, Seanald wrote:can someone explain to me all of these red swirl backgrounds with silhouettes in front?

UberNinja cultists. Look in general discussion if you're curious.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #286 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Syryana »

thenewearth wrote:
In post 282, Blue Yoshi wrote::)

In your last read post, you said you "liked me as town". In about 15 posts, with me not making any of those, you suddenly name me as part of the scumteam?
Don't pull any "my last read was a typo" bull.

When was this "liked as town" again?

Blue Yoshi wrote:
sword_of_omens wrote:
Syr is scum...
MsM is most likely scum..
mollie shouldn't be allowed to skate by in the background with minimal input..
TNE also needs to step it up..
Zack could very well be lurking scum...
only real town read I have is GM....
im also liking BY for town now also....

About one day ago.

Wat.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #310 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Syryana »

TNE's posts are almost as off-putting as Pala's.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #330 (isolation #42) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 329, sword_of_omens wrote:yes, i am pushing for a Syr lynch...or Mollie for that matter...
i agree that a PL lynch on Seanald is non-cunductive in getting any real info out of VC analysis, that's why i'd prefer not to..
preferably he could eat a bullet.

So, now mollie > MsM for you? Why feel the need to want to lynch Seanald if you've got three viable scumreads?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #352 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by Syryana »

This game. Let's see...

TNE. Inconsistencies in his posts (pretty much all of them w.r.t. sword) are what sold me on this slot.
In post 216, thenewearth wrote:
In post 44, sword_of_omens wrote:
UNVOTE:

for now...
@Syr -
you do realize that you put Blue Yoshi @ L-1, right?
Would have been nice of you to announce that so we don't get an accidental speedlynch on page 2 before we can gain anything useful from this day...
Lol this made me think SoW is town for some reason.
Or...
Scum buddy dun wanna bus early? Which is it?
In post 264, thenewearth wrote:
In post 234, sword_of_omens wrote:also...Syr, full claim please..
Roll fishing, desu.
So, up to this point, TNE has intimated swords is null/scum. Has called him on role-fishing and is paranoid regarding swords' possible early bus. Some few posts later, MsM requests TNE's reads, which he provides:
In post 281, thenewearth wrote:Sword: I still don't see how he's L-1 :/
Quick ISO gave me town vibes tbh
I think I'm missing alot here but meh...
He's gone from null/scum on swords to "guys he's so town, wtf?".

Then we have these little jewels:
In post 304, thenewearth wrote:I still wonder about syryana's flavor claim
In post 335, thenewearth wrote:Seeing as a blue yoshi lynch will not go through...

And I'm really curious of syryana's claim...

VOTE: Syryana
Hey, look who's role fishing now? And after calling swords on it so early in the game too.

VOTE: TNE
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #355 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 354, pirate mollie wrote:I think I have lost the plot in this game

why the fuck is it dragging out

if we do not have a lynch I will be pissed. sometimes it is conducive to town to no-lynch but this is not one of them

syryana and gm you guys are being a royal pain in the ass and seem adamant on keeping your votes on players who's lynches will not see through.

so let's see what this does

VOTE: syryana
Did you even read my latest post?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #356 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 am

Post by Syryana »

In fact, did you even read the last two pages?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #358 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 357, goodmorning wrote:There's still a whole day left. I'm waiting for an alternative wagon that I can approve of.
Like who, swords or Marangal?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #360 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:36 am

Post by Syryana »

Why do you think TNE is town?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #362 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 361, pirate mollie wrote:I did

why are you not lynching earth boy
What?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #364 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Syryana »

I am voting earth boy. Hence my confusion.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #374 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by Syryana »

Putting my vote on MsM will be as effective right now as leaving it on TNE (they both have the same number of votes without me). I'd rather TNE than MsM, but I'd rather MsM than a no-lynch. If MsM gets another vote I'll swap.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #376 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 375, pirate mollie wrote:I am giving this until 8:30 est time before I hammer if rach does not beat me to it
You do realize you're already voting me right?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #377 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Syryana »

Also, you should vote for TNE too.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #379 (isolation #53) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 378, RachMarie wrote:ummm

Mollie Syr is correct you are voting him... You feeling all right girl? You usually dont make mistakes like that...
She's been doing things like this all game. Forgetting she was voting me, not noticing who I'm voting for...
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #381 (isolation #54) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Syryana »

Well, unfortunately there isn't much we can do about it right now with the deadline so close.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #383 (isolation #55) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by Syryana »

Vote TNE!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #385 (isolation #56) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 384, Ms Marangal wrote:Hey, what about TNE? I really don't want Syr to go CONSIDERING THIS IS THE ONLY GAME I'M TOWN READING HIM IN. that and the reaction to getting hammered is superbly genuine.
You can vote for her too. I'm tired of being undermined by her white-knighting.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #391 (isolation #57) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by Syryana »

VOTE: swords

L-1.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #392 (isolation #58) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Syryana »

Make that fakehamma not fake this time, GM!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #405 (isolation #59) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 pm

Post by Syryana »

Fun fact: Swords has been at L-1 twice, but has not claimed.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #417 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 410, sword_of_omens wrote:
In post 405, Syryana wrote:Fun fact: Swords has been at L-1 twice, but has not claimed.
fun fact : neither have you... and your half ass PR claim wasnt a claim... scum does that when they are afraid to get lynched... you didn't claim a specific PR because you were afraid of a counter claim.. so you hint that you have one to scare people off of you... and I still say you KNEW you weren't lynched the first time based by your posting...

also Ms M if you are somehow town, then your 373 is bad bad bad and you should know why...
Still hasn't claimed, flavor or otherwise
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #587 (isolation #61) » Thu May 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Post by Syryana »

I was terrified the mafia had a roleblocker haha, that 1-shot global thing made me pretty hesitant to use it.

In retrospect it's a good thing I almost got run up Day 1; it scared me into using the power and we got Rach because of it.

The universal backup was totally unexpected, well done Yoshi for sacrificing yourself to kill Rach.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #591 (isolation #62) » Thu May 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 590, Ms Marangal wrote:Least I know Syry can play obv town <3