Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:08 pm

Post by auspicious »

In post 8, fferyllt wrote:I don't do RVS.

Why not??

VOTE: MeowMix
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by auspicious »

In post 10, Syryana wrote:My role PM says MeowMix is scum.

UNVOTE: MeowMix

VOTE: Syryana
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Post by auspicious »

On one hand, Meow's excuse sounds absolutely wretched; on the other, his bandwagon is already starting to reek of scum. Meow, what made you think people would bring it up at all? What kind of "reaction" were you looking for? Surely a better way to look for reactions is by presenting something, not by hoping someone will jump on the absence of that thing?

In post 51, havingfitz wrote:
In post 30, MeowMix wrote:actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D

You wanted to see the reaction of people to your not trying to attract attention?

I think think that's bs.

Here's where I'm torn. Syr's vote reads town for now (UNVOTE: Syryana, by the way), as does unseen's (in a way). However, Super's and havingfitz's votes on Meow don't look good at all.

In post 59, goodmorning wrote:MMK

aus : Why?

Why not?? :P

In all seriousness, it was RVS (in a way). He voted for the same person as I did during early RVS, which at least I feel isn't great. I realize I'm pretty new still, but it's just my opinion; please do correct me if I'm wrong here.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 am

Post by auspicious »

I actually read DCLXVI's vote as town, and I'm thinking roughly the same thing as he is in regards to who's scum (havingfitz). I don't necessarily see it for the same reasons he does, but I think he's town all the same.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 am

Post by auspicious »

In post 82, unseencamo wrote:Auspicious, what is your read on MM?

In all honesty, I'm not sure. I'd actually be okay with a MM lynch today, as it'll benefit us either way (if he's town, he'll be a tough read later on; if he's scum/SK, great. The only bad outcome is if he's PR). He could easily be noobscum, but I still don't have a concrete read on him.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #5) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by auspicious »

In post 85, fferyllt wrote:@auspiciious Why do you say MM will be a tough read later?

Though I'm one to talk at this point, I feel like noobtown is a liability in LYLO/MYLO. Sorry if I didn't phrase that well before.

However, that being said, yeah, I'd much rather lynch scum today.

In post 97, MeowMix wrote:what's interesting about it? I see it as a bit non-committal, but at the same time I'm not exactly easy to read either, so it's a fair reaction to have

I'm more curious about . austriloious, what do you see in fitz's 3 posts that pop out as scummy to you?

*auspicious ;P

The first post is just RVS; even if he is scum, there's nothing there that points to it/points against it there. His vote on you is what worries me most. He jumped on your wagon when it was starting to take off, and didn't give as much... background? I suppose? Like, comments about it. Questions, concerns, etc. about your behavior - he just voted and said you were full of "bs". I'm still not sure on my read on you, but I shouldn't be reading into teams yet anyway; there is a serial killer.

I also hate to admit it in these games as it's no help to anyone and makes me look like a complete fool, but part of my read on havingfitz is actually intuition/gut. :oops:
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by auspicious »

In post 108, Otolia wrote:
Another post that I don't like even thought I'm agreeing with the opinion overall (on the noob part, on the fact that Day1 focus are tougher to read further in the game) however I don't see why any townie would agree so easily to lynch someone. As far as I'm concerned, if you want to lynch someone you vote for him or you openly express your intentions. Being clear and limpid to read is paramount to good VT play : going with the flow (agreeing but remaining rather passive) is a good disguise.

I wasn't too much happy about the first bandwagon but after seeing the aforementioned by Meowmix, I consider it's worth a shot. After the next vote-count mine will be on Meowmix.

I'm not quite sure what you don't like about it. My opinion on MM, as I stated, is that I don't have a concrete read on him, but would be willing to lynch him if nothing better comes up. If I wanted to go with the flow, I would have voted for MM. The BW on him was already going strong, and the people on it weren't being questioned too much. If anything, I daresay the fact that I'm still on the fence about someone who would be an "easy lynch" (for scum trying to drive a lynch onto town) is a towntell.

In post 114, havingfitz wrote:
@auspicious...what about my vote on MeowMix do you find suspect? And how are you differentiating suspicions or not wrt the USC and Super votes on MeowMix?

As I believe I've said already, Syr/USC's votes on MM seemed reasonable, thought out, and town. Super's and yours - not so much. The difference between my read on you and my lack of a read on Super is gut.

I agree with goodmorning that auspicious' post 84 deserved comment. I don't like it. For one...he's OK with a lynch on the person he suspects me for suspecting.

There's a certain amount of realism that needs to be present in this game; the optimal lynch today, in my opinion, is you. However, I realize that the amount of people willing to vote with me might not be enough for a lynch. I would be willing to settle for MM today, as there
is
a chance that he's scum/SK. If people think that's a scumtell, then fine, they can think that.

Plus, like I said before, no real team reads yet, etc.

@auspicious...is the part of your scum read on me that isn't gut/intuition solely based on my suspicions/vote on MeowMix?

Yes.

So VOTE: auspicious

Hemming and hawing around suspecting me, not willing to commit to a vote (on me or anyone else ftm), and his post 84. His reasons for rationalizing his tacit support to a MM lynch are just one big cop out.

I almost hate to admit it, but this is actually making you look more town to me. Lmfao. I feel like you'd take a more pacifistic route if you were scum.

Yes, I do realize how bad that sounds, considering that I'm taking the pacifistic route right now. :lol: Yeah, while I of course am able to see my actions as towntells because of my perspective, I suppose I understand your reasons for voting me.

I really don't know what to say in regards to a "defense". This is my playstyle; I settle for lynches and poke around based on gut. You can even check Jungle Republic for confirmation of that (at least the first part).

In post 115, Syryana wrote:
This is the most self-deprecating post I've seen in quite some time. This posts boils down to "I'm not sure, I'm not that good, I'm not sure, my reads are purely based on gut." Seems like a pretty easy way to slide by without having to justify your reads. You, sir, now have my attention.

I'm not sure what's so self-deprecating about it. I realize that I'm new to MS and am still learning the meta of it/peoples opinions on several things (one of those being gut), so that shows in my posts.

Another thing: I'm rarely able to justify my reads; especially as town. This comes from playing a lot of EM, where justification takes thought, and there isn't much time to give thought to a game.

The scumteam is MeowMix and Manfred. Auspicious is the serial killer. Manfred and Auspicious are interchangeable, but I prefer Aus as the SK simply due to his "I'd rather lynch scum today" and pointing out that there is a serial killer in the game.

I'm not sure how you get "auspicious is the serial killer" from my pointing out that we can't get real team reads yet. :?

In post 126, Superdeclan wrote:
In post 66, auspicious wrote:However, Super's and havingfitz's votes on Meow don't look good at all.

doesn't feel right. Why are me and havingfitz votes on mm wose then USC or Syryana?

Like I said, USC and Syr largely justified their votes, and obviously thought them out (especially Syr). You did too, to an extent, and havingfitz did little to none.

In post 81, auspicious wrote:I actually read DCLXVI's vote as town, and I'm thinking roughly the same thing as he is in regards to who's scum (havingfitz). I don't necessarily see it for the same reasons he does, but I think he's town all the same.

so you just think 666 is town because he voted the same person as you?

You're putting words in my mouth. I think the fact that he dares to put out a vote at this time for a legitimate reason makes him town. It helps that he's voting the same person as I was going to, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

then why weren't you voting him if you think he's a good lynch? Worried you'll lose your scumbuddy?

He's not a
good
lynch, he's an
adequate
lynch. There's a difference.

The way you take my (at least I think) harmless actions and try to demonize me with them seriously concerns me.

VOTE: Superdeclan

I don't think a townie would make such hasty assumptions.

The bolded say that you KNOW mm is town. I see this as a scumslip

The slip at the end really warrants a vote. I now belive that Auspicious is scum and he might be wifoming about mm

UNVOTE: MM
VOTE: Auspicious

The idea of slips in this context is completely ridiculous; always has been, always will be. It's something I fought over at EM too, and for good reason.

While the other votes on me were ~understandable~ to an extent, yours is actually a bit frustrating. If you are town, you apparently can't read and have no grasp whatsoever on logic.

In any case, you seem to have gotten a rise out of me. Good job!!!
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by auspicious »

I honestly have no idea what to say to you people. I'm town, and most of the reasons you think I'm scum are due to my natural playstyle - something that would show through as either affiliation. You say you don't like how I read MM; well, that's how I generally read day 1 "lynch material". Someone does something to get themselves on the chopping block, and I usually either read it as null, but would be happy to lynch it just to clear things up down the road. I've explained myself more than enough, in my opinion, but to an extent there's no more explaining that can be done. Like when Malakittens said "my posts don't sit right" with her. How the hell am I supposed to respond to that? Yeah, I'm a hypocrite; I give out gut reads but then I complain about them when people gutread me.

I don't have many concrete reads (the only ones I
do
have being Syr town, hf leaning town now, and Super scum). I can't stop you from lynching me if you're hellbent on it. What else am I supposed to do?
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #232 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by auspicious »

Addition:

Forgot a read; ff is ~probably~ town.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by auspicious »

Sorry guys; been busy these past few days + I still don't have anything else to say. I skimmed over what I missed, and I will be going back to read more in-depth, but it seems I'm only mentioned once or twice. The popular opinion on me is that I'm scum, and nobody seems to want to rethink that.

You say I'm being self-deprecating with these sorts of posts, but frankly, you're wrong. It's absolutely ridiculous that you expect me to be able to defend myself when all your "reasons" for lynching me, as I have said
multiple
times now are based on my playstyle, which would show through as either affiliation. I'm not bashing my abilities to defend myself; if there was any actual material people were accusing me for that I wouldn't do as either affiliation/I hadn't already explained. If you can't read me properly even after I've offered what little explanation there is to give about my actions, then it's your loss, and there's nothing I can do about it.

As for scumhunting/townhunting, at the moment, as I said before, I don't have many concrete reads. However, gun to my head, my opinion on everyone would be:

Cheery Dog: Null leaning town.
DCLXVI: Town for reasons I've already explained. Is thinking things through logically.
fferyllt: Seems to open to possibilities, is also thinking logically. Probably town, but less so than goodmorning/DCL.
goodmorning: Her work on the Otolia read reads town to me.
havingfitz: I feel like the OMGUS was a town response, could be wrong though.
Malakittens: Seems to have good intentions with her posts, but I can't read her at the moment.
MeowMix: I'm ashamed to admit it, but he's still a complete null to me. On the one hand, I could see him as noobtown who tried out a completely ridiculous "strategy", and on the other I could see him as noobscum getting off easy. Can't wait to get called out for this read again.
Otolia: Probable scum. While his walls give off the appearance of hard townie work, a lot of time they're devoid of content/seem forced.
Superdeclan: Like I said before, scum. Intentionally twists my words to antagonize me.
Syryana: Town.
unseencamo: Ehh, trickier read. He seems levelheaded enough, but that could be easily faked my scum. As of now, I'll say he's null leaning town.

In any case, I think I'll

Unvote

Vote: Otolia

Super is still scum, but I can't see him getting lynched today. I realize that it's ~probably~ going to be me today, and switching over to the person with the next highest number of votes doesn't look good, but meh; I can definitely see him as scum, and if a lynch is going to happen on scum today, the best bet is him.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 am

Post by auspicious »

I love how the fact that I don't adhere religiously to the site's meta makes me not only scum, but also not worth talking about in thread at all.
auspicious
auspicious
Townie
auspicious
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 am

Post by auspicious »

I'm vanilla, as if that wasn't obvious enough anyway. You won't be losing anything ~too~ important with me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”