Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:58 am

Post by MeowMix »

look I'm not voting
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:32 am

Post by MeowMix »

VOTE: Otolia

french
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:46 am

Post by MeowMix »

why's that syr?
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:32 am

Post by MeowMix »

actually I was trying to not attract attention to it deliberately to see how other people were gonna react to it

I had a good chuckle IRL if that means anything to you :D
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:43 am

Post by MeowMix »

@unseencamo, the length of time I've spent here on mafiascum isn't quite an indication of my overall experience playing mafia in general. it may unrealistic, but like how I used it in that newbie game that syr linked to, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave it out in the open and see how people who weren't me dealt with it. tbh I'm not a particularly great scumhunter or townplayer, so I like to do little things like that in order to generate discussion (which it did, so mission accomplished I guess) and force scumslips.

@superdeclan, what does that quote have anything to do with this game?
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:51 am

Post by MeowMix »

@superdeclan, he was talking about the game as a whole, not that post specifically (unless syr comes in and quotes something specifically, in which case, in my face)

and on the bolder, that's more of a generalization, along with creating discussion. we're only on page two and I never learned how to read anyway, so nothing anybody posted has really stood out to me atm.
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:21 am

Post by MeowMix »

In post 39, Syryana wrote:
In post 37, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 26, Syryana wrote:
In post 24, MeowMix wrote:why's that syr?

Because you've not made a single reference to my RVS joke on you. If you were town, you'd have laughed about it like we did in that newbie game, since half that game was me yelling at you for that joke.

Since you ignored it, that means you don't like the attention, ergo you're scum.

There's an actual reason?
I read it and assumed continuing rvs.

I don't like it though, past games should not effect present/future games, but maybe it'd just that I'm outside the in-joke and therefore jealous.

I don't believe ignoring it is a scumtell

The original joke was RVS. The fact that MM had a chance to respond and ignored it instead of giving at least a "lol Syr" got my hackles up, so I tested the theory by saying my vote is no longer a joke, but serious. His response in #30 is totally bogus.

The joke itself regards MM making a joke at the start of the Newbie game that said "my role PM says X is scum". By the end of the game he'd actually roleclaimed cop after the cop was dead just to make fun of his original joke. That's what my initial RVS vote was referencing.

More votes on Meow please.

syrnana coming at me hard here

okay, I get why you would think me not commenting on it would be scummy, and it's a reasonable deduction, especially considering our previous game together. to say that my response is "bogus" though is rather closed minded, and it's not just you but uncleancamo as well. there was no reason for anybody else in the game besides you or me to know about that joke, and my train of thought, as I explained in was to leave it alive in order to see how other players would react to it. considering the amount of decent discussion it generated last game, there was no reason to blow up your spot and reveal it so quickly, which is why I didn't make anything of it, as even an "lol syr" post would show that there was some history between the two of us.

that last sentence is phrased kinda poorly but the general idea is there
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:01 am

Post by MeowMix »

@Cheery Dog:

@uncleancamo, concerning , it's more an objective observation based on my past games rather than trying to dumbtell. I'm fairly good at playing scum, but not nearly as strong as a town player. concering I'm not really sure what you mean about "too late." was I supposed to give my rationale for not joking around before syr revealed it wasn't a joke? if so, I already gave my rationale about why I didn't, so yeah.
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:12 am

Post by MeowMix »

umm no. I left syr's posts alone because I wanted to see people's reactions to his post, not mine.
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:49 am

Post by MeowMix »

666 is mad

@ferryllt, how would you feel about a lynch on me today?
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by MeowMix »

what's interesting about it? I see it as a bit non-committal, but at the same time I'm not exactly easy to read either, so it's a fair reaction to have

I'm more curious about . austriloious, what do you see in fitz's 3 posts that pop out as scummy to you?
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Post by MeowMix »

actually I personally like gut reads more than anything else. going with your intuition just seems natural, and I've seen many a time where players like to read between the lines a little too much, but that's just me

would like to hear from the fitz himself at some point as well
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am

Post by MeowMix »

@Otoileta, I haven't really agreed with my attackers anywhere afaik; some of them simply made some valid points that I acknowledged, and and I responded to them as best as I could. attacking them would only appear to be blatant OMGUS, which would only worsen the current case against me
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by MeowMix »

In post 135, Superdeclan wrote:
In post 134, Syryana wrote:In other news, it interests me that Declan bandwagon jumped onto Auspicious.

Someone voted for him so I looked at his ISO and found him scummy.

Lots of unecesarry spoilers just annoys me

this bothers me a lot. it seems like you're unwilling to lead a vote or simply just waiting for one to start so you can latch onto it
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by MeowMix »

In post 135, Superdeclan wrote:
In post 134, Syryana wrote:In other news, it interests me that Declan bandwagon jumped onto Auspicious.

Someone voted for him so I looked at his ISO and found him scummy.

Lots of unecesarry spoilers just annoys me

@auspitities, you said you don't have a concrete read on me but then go on to say I could be scum/sk. a) couldn't that be said about literally anybody in the game and b) is there anybody besides me that you would be okay with lynching today?
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by MeowMix »

goddammit, I meant to quote ausp's in the previous post
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 am

Post by MeowMix »

@Ortolia, you seem to be purposefully skewing my words. What I said there was that "people made valid points that I acknowledged," not "that guy was right I look pretty scummy right now." Also, "agreeing with my attackers?" The only person that I agreed with about anything concerning my early play was Syr, and only because he was trying to get a read off of me based on the last game we've played together. I haven't agreed with anyone else on the issue of myself, and again, the way you're wording it makes it seem like I'm simply...sheeping people's arguments about myself? man that looks weird to type, but yeah look at how ridiculous it sounds.

you seem pushy about wanting to get my RVS vote off of you for whatever reason

also yeah I set an avatar, thanks for reminding me
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by MeowMix »

on 666: I read through his last 3 or so games, and his RVSes have mostly been kinda jokey. I'm thinking this one is much of the same, especially the 1/3 vote thing, which imo is a silly thing that no scum would really "calculate" doing

UNVOTE: Otolia

although I'm not a huge fan of some of his misrepresentations of my arguments, I see Otolia/Syr a couple of pages back as TvT

FoS @ uncleandamo for:
In post 179, unseencamo wrote:That being said MM has literally made no real attempt to scumhunt. He has kept his original RVS this whole time. What the hell. This guy is clearly the scummiest and the most logical choice.

it's fairly hypocritical to say that I'm not scumhunting when most (all?) of your posts consists of little content, slight probing questions, and one liners

will look a bit more at aussielicious later; didn't really see what you guys are seeing right now but I haven't iso'd him
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by MeowMix »

@Malakittens in response to ; I was gonna push a bit and see what kind of explanations were provided for the votes on Syr during RVS such as and (hey look who it is at 16 btw) but that kind of got derailed when the pressure bounced on me and I had to defend myself, so in short I got almost nothing out of it
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Post by MeowMix »

oh also aus's shows a kind of indignation/ate/whatever you wanna call it that I've often seen scum respond with when pressured
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by MeowMix »

hi all, a bit busier than I expected this weekend. not an official v/la but this post is more of an anti-prod post. will give this a thorough lookover on monday

Return to “Completed Open Games”