Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by MeowMix »

In post 135, Superdeclan wrote:
In post 134, Syryana wrote:In other news, it interests me that Declan bandwagon jumped onto Auspicious.

Someone voted for him so I looked at his ISO and found him scummy.

Lots of unecesarry spoilers just annoys me

this bothers me a lot. it seems like you're unwilling to lead a vote or simply just waiting for one to start so you can latch onto it
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by MeowMix »

In post 135, Superdeclan wrote:
In post 134, Syryana wrote:In other news, it interests me that Declan bandwagon jumped onto Auspicious.

Someone voted for him so I looked at his ISO and found him scummy.

Lots of unecesarry spoilers just annoys me

@auspitities, you said you don't have a concrete read on me but then go on to say I could be scum/sk. a) couldn't that be said about literally anybody in the game and b) is there anybody besides me that you would be okay with lynching today?
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 pm

Post by MeowMix »

goddammit, I meant to quote ausp's in the previous post
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 150, MeowMix wrote:this bothers me a lot. it seems like you're unwilling to lead a vote or simply just waiting for one to start so you can latch onto it

when someone votes for someone, I will do a quick ISO to see if they have a point. I'd pretty much ignored Auspicious until he got voted so I looked at him and found his scummy. Seems like I have a page to look at
Darkness will fall...
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 144, auspicious wrote:You're putting words in my mouth. I think the fact that he dares to put out a vote at this time for a legitimate reason makes him town. It helps that he's voting the same person as I was going to, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

then please tell me why you think 66's town. You've not justified anything on why you think he's town. If you cannot pull any good reasons out the bag, my vote will get stronger
Darkness will fall...
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 pm

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.6

auspicious (3)
: havingfitz, fferyllt, Superdeclan
MeowMix (3)
: Syryana, unseencamo, Otolia
Otolia (2)
: MeowMix, goodmorning
havingfitz (1)
: DCLXVI
goodmorning (1)
: Cheery Dog
Superdeclan (1)
: auspicious

No Vote (1)
: Cygnus

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, April 19 at 5:30pm CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-04-19 17:30:00).

In post 143, goodmorning wrote:
Vote: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm going to count this because I know who you are talking about, but in the future, I would appreciate it if you used some semblance of his/her username when you vote.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:04 am

Post by Malakittens »

Sup guys. I'm replacing Cyg, but don't have the time right now to catch up, but I will after class and lunch.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 138, MeowMix wrote:@Otoileta, I haven't really agreed with my attackers anywhere afaik; some of them simply made some valid points that I acknowledged, and and I responded to them as best as I could. attacking them would only appear to be blatant OMGUS, which would only worsen the current case against me

So if you agree that you made yourself look scummy, then there is no reason as to why the town shouldn't lynch you, isn't there ? I fail to understand your reasoning. You allegedly did something to get a reaction out of someone but yet you don't actively interpret the results or pursue anything after that. It's almost as if you were waiting for the game to unfold. And unless you actually think I am scummy, you should do something better than letting it rot on myself.

PS : Can you choose an avatar, it makes it easier for everyone to recognize you.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 am

Post by goodmorning »

But Zaiiiiiiiiii i dont wanna

MALA <3

Ugh what is 157 that looks incredibly bad.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 157, Otolia wrote:So if you agree that you made yourself look scummy, then there is no reason as to why the town shouldn't lynch you, isn't there ? I fail to understand your reasoning. You allegedly did something to get a reaction out of someone but yet you don't actively interpret the results or pursue anything after that. It's almost as if you were waiting for the game to unfold. And unless you actually think I am scummy, you should do something better than letting it rot on myself.

am I missing something here? Did MM agree that he was scummy?

Image is probably a good AVI
Darkness will fall...
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:01 am

Post by Zaicon »

Malakittens replaces Cygnus.
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:53 am

Post by MeowMix »

@Ortolia, you seem to be purposefully skewing my words. What I said there was that "people made valid points that I acknowledged," not "that guy was right I look pretty scummy right now." Also, "agreeing with my attackers?" The only person that I agreed with about anything concerning my early play was Syr, and only because he was trying to get a read off of me based on the last game we've played together. I haven't agreed with anyone else on the issue of myself, and again, the way you're wording it makes it seem like I'm simply...sheeping people's arguments about myself? man that looks weird to type, but yeah look at how ridiculous it sounds.

you seem pushy about wanting to get my RVS vote off of you for whatever reason

also yeah I set an avatar, thanks for reminding me
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:54 am

Post by Superdeclan »

change your Avi to something that isn't the same as OT's RVS should only stay if the person you find is still scummy
Darkness will fall...
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:56 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 162, Superdeclan wrote:change your Avi to something that isn't the same as OT's RVS should only stay if the person you find is still scummy

I laughed my ass off when I saw his new avatar.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 161, MeowMix wrote:@Ortolia, you seem to be purposefully skewing my words. What I said there was that "people made valid points that I acknowledged," not "that guy was right I look pretty scummy right now." Also, "agreeing with my attackers?" The only person that I agreed with about anything concerning my early play was Syr, and only because he was trying to get a read off of me based on the last game we've played together. I haven't agreed with anyone else on the issue of myself, and again, the way you're wording it makes it seem like I'm simply...sheeping people's arguments about myself? man that looks weird to type, but yeah look at how ridiculous it sounds.

you seem pushy about wanting to get my RVS vote off of you for whatever reason

also yeah I set an avatar, thanks for reminding me

When I ask questions, it's not for you to analyze yourself but for me to better understand what made you do the things you did. And yes I do interpret your words, as it is a way to see if you are consistent with yourself - which you are so far. I am indeed pushy about you participating into the town's matter. Voting isn't a privilege, it's an obligation to ensure the town's win and safety. So unless you formally acknowledge me as being worth your vote, I'm going to consider your intentions detrimental to the town - a reason I'm still voting you.

PS : When I asked you to get an avatar, I meant a singular avatar : A picture that will allow people to identify you. But I appreciate the way you dignify Tux - he is worthy of worship.
Superdeclan
Superdeclan
Goon
Superdeclan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Superdeclan »

In post 163, Syryana wrote:I laughed my ass off when I saw his new avatar.

Is it possible not too?
Darkness will fall...
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 am

Post by goodmorning »

brb dying

Ok, MM is Town. He's been responding well and honestly this avatar thing strikes me as too damned sassy/playful to be coming from Scum.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:46 am

Post by fferyllt »

It's not like the internet is made of cat gifs.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 166, goodmorning wrote:Ok, MM is Town. He's been responding well and honestly this avatar thing strikes me as too damned sassy/playful to be coming from Scum.

Dunno if I'd go so far as to call him town, but damn if he doesn't deserve to live today after making tears roll down my face.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: auspicious
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Malakittens »

I hate you, but just in this moment. When I want to post off my phone you have to go change your Avi to match OT/MM. So everytime I read a post I thought it was the same person. Now you guys have to wait until 10pm EST for a computer generated post. Your loss.

P-Edit:

If him changing his Avi to match someone else's is a decent to unvote then I don't believe any of your votes were serious. That is such a terribad reason to unvote someone you felt was scum for so long.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:46 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 169, Malakittens wrote:If him changing his Avi to match someone else's is a decent to unvote then I don't believe any of your votes were serious. That is such a terribad reason to unvote someone you felt was scum for so long.

You should probably go read #115. I think it's MM, Aus, Otol-something, with 666 as backup. I frankly don't give a damn which of these get lynched (well, preference on first three, pointing out the obvious) so if MM genuinely amuses me, I see no reason not to go after one of the other two and kill him later.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 168, Syryana wrote:
In post 166, goodmorning wrote:Ok, MM is Town. He's been responding well and honestly this avatar thing strikes me as too damned sassy/playful to be coming from Scum.

Dunno if I'd go so far as to call him town, but damn if he doesn't deserve to live today after making tears roll down my face.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: auspicious

So after you so adamantly defended you case on Meowmix yesterday (#137) saying it wasn't just based on a joke you drop it like that ? And this despite the fact that you believe Meowmix and I are the scumteam (3rd Paragraph of #145). Puzzling and from my point of view not aligned with the town.

Even if we put as the ludicrous reason behind your unvote aside, why choose auspicious over me ? Do you think he would be a more consensual lynch today ?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 171, Otolia wrote:So after you so adamantly defended you case on Meowmix yesterday (#137) saying it wasn't just based on a joke you drop it like that ? And this despite the fact that you believe Meowmix and I are the scumteam (3rd Paragraph of #145).

Already explained this. You're all scum, so it really doesn't matter which of you dies today. May as well keep the funny one around.

In post 171, Otolia wrote:Puzzling and from my point of view not aligned with the town.

Lynching scum isn't aligned with town? K.

In post 171, Otolia wrote:Even if we put as the ludicrous reason behind your unvote aside, why choose auspicious over me ? Do you think he would be a more consensual lynch today ?

I picked Auspicious because I could remember how to spell his name without having to scroll to your last post.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 172, Syryana wrote:
In post 171, Otolia wrote:Puzzling and from my point of view not aligned with the town.

Lynching scum isn't aligned with town? K.

Except you actually believe auspicious is not scum but SK. You are so confident of your reads that you mentioned this precise fact numerous times (last paragraph of #115, 4th of #145) with little to no backing real scumhunting whatsoever. But now he is
just
scum ? Are you actually confused as to who is who ? Or do you simply not care ?

Your play overall is messy, all over the place and very confusing for the town. Unilaterally decreeing someone is scum doesn't make it town. You are classifying me as such on the basis that I choose to vote after a votecount (#115)- while I was saying that my vote was virtually on Meowmix. Considering that I voted on Meowmix as announced afterwards and remained focused, your case on me is void.

Finally The key element in the phrase you quoted from me is "
from my point of view
". Besides the vote in itself isn't anti-town, your behavior and the way you switch target on such frivolous reasons is anti-town.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Otolia »

EBTWOBP
:
Unilaterally decreeing someone is scum doesn't make it town
-> [...] doesn't make it true.