HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Just woke up

great going guys

Please looks at SE tomorrow.....

Also do a VCA of my wagon...

Mollie might be scum the fact she jumped on my wagon like that after I claimed bothers me. She has played with me before she knows I am not into fake claiming much... And if I do I would have picked something more helpful to me than a friggen N 2....

History repeats itself again...

I agree with Rem if you are actually town SE get it together cause you are NOT helping us out one bit here.

Yes I mixed up games. Probably the ear infection, sleeping 12 hours seemed to have helped. Plus without going into detail about my ongoing games just say in more than one there is a major clusterfuck to the point where last night before I went to sleep I felt like replacing out of ALL my games and only modding from now on.

I was gonna investigate either Fate or Wisdom depending on what happened on D 2....

Good luck Town you are going to need it....

N2 cop signing out.

Sorry again for muffing up your game Majiffy :(
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Rach doesn't troll. So that blows. Wagon analysis time.

Thanks for your final words and sorry. :(
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Yeah and Rem do me a favor... Stop assuming I am scum in every game we are in, I rarely pull scum, you just happened to luck out that I was scum in that Newbie game, and confirmation bias can really make it hard to figure out who the real scum are.

Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Thank you for the advice. :] Sorry again. :(
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Happy to help you learn more.

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Ok Jiffy I know you are out there somewhere... might as well lock up the thread and post the final VC and flip....

Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Post by Remembrance »

I am really town btw. So your advice really is appreciated. *sigh* I need to get better at wagon analysis, or figure out how to at least analyze a wagon. I should have picked something up from all the jumping around. So, I guess I'll go look through the mafia threads.

Have a recommendation, Rach?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Post by Majiffy »

SE-Asians (L-2): I Am Innocent, kuror0, RachMarie, HumanDestroyer, borkjerfkin
Wisdom (L-6): Nachomamma8
:!:
RachMarie (L-0): Wisdom, buldermar, Remembrance, mantisdreamz, pirate mollie, Fate, Kuror0
:!:

Not Voting: SE-Asians

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is April 13th at 9:30 PM EST

RachMarie has been lynched.

Rolling Stone
: Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here

Wenner folded Straight Arrow Books shortly after the Saigon piece. I had to write that piece because the War had been such a player in my life for ten years. I needed to see the end of it and be a part of it somehow. Wenner folded Straight Arrow at a time when they owed me $75,000. I was enraged to find that out. It had been an advance for
Shark Hunt
. I wrote a seriously vicious letter - finally saying all I was thinking when I was taking off for Saigon. While in Saigon, I found out I'd been fired when Wenner flew into a rage upon receiving the letter. Getting fired didn't mean much to me. I was in Saigon, I was writing - except that I'd lost health insurance. Here I was in a war zone, and no health insurance...

So, essentially, I refused to write anything once I found out. I found out when I tried to use my Telex card and it was refused. I called
Rolling Stone
to find out why (perfect phone system right to the end of the war). I talked to Paul Scanlon, who was sitting in for Wenner (off skiing) - he told me I was fired, but fixed my Telex card, etc. The business department had ignored the memo to fire me because it'd happened too many times before. They didn't want to be bothered with the paperwork, so Wenner's attempt had been derailed.

Anyone who would fire a correspondent on his way to disaster... I vowed not to work for them. It was the end of our working relationship except for special circumstances. About that time, they moved to New York.
Rolling Stone
began to be run by the advertising and business departments, and not by the editorial department. it was a financial leap forward for Wenner and
Rolling Stone
, but the editorial department lost any real importance.

You shouldn't work for someone who would fire you en route to a War Zone...

RachMarie was Jann Wenner,
Town Cop.
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Night 1 - San Juan, 1960

"Happy," I muttered, trying to pin the word down. But it is one of those words, like Love, that I have never quite understood. Most people who deal in words don’t have much faith in them and I am no exception – especially the big ones like Happy and Love and Honest and Strong. They are too elusive and far to relative when you compare them to sharp, mean little words like Punk and Cheap and Phony. I feel at home with these, because they’re scrawny and easy to pin, but the big ones are tough and it takes either a priest or a fool to use them with any confidence.

Like most others, I was a seeker, a mover, a malcontent, and at times a stupid hell-raiser. I was never idle long enough to do much thinking, but I felt somehow that some of us were making real progress, that we had taken an honest road, and that the best of us would inevitably make it over the top. At the same time, I shared a dark suspicion that the life we were leading was a lost cause, that we were all actors, kidding ourselves along on a senseless odyssey. It was the tension between these two poles - a restless idealism on one hand and a sense of impending doom on the other - that kept me going.

It gave me a strange feeling, and the rest of that night I didn’t say much, but merely sat there and drank, trying to decide if I was getting older and wiser, or just plain old.

There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.

He gave my hand a final shake. “Okay, Kemp,” he said with a grin. “Thanks a lot – you came through like a champ.” “Hell,” I said, starting the engine. “We’re all champs when we’re drunk."

Night 1 Begins Now. Deadline is Tuesday, April 16th, at 10 PM EST

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Borkjerfkin has requested replacement. Night phase deadline will be frozen until a replacement is found.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Rubicon is replacing borkjerfkin effective immediately. Night phase will last for 24 more hours, ending on Wed, April 17th at 11:30 PM EST.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:34 am

Post by Majiffy »

Gonzo Management,
GQ Magazine
, 2012

GQ.com: What's the biggest misconception about Hunter?

Paul Scanlon:
God knows he drank a lot and did a lot of drugs, but he was incredibly hard-working. That's something Jann [Wenner] and I tried to put forth in Fear And Loathing At Rolling Stone. You see it in the correspondence that goes back and forth between each piece, especially on the campaign trail pieces. He might have made a big show of waving a bottle of Wild Turkey around but he also worked very, very hard. Hunter did play to his myth. ... A few months after the election in 1972 we were sat in Jerry's, the Rolling Stone watering hole and I took it upon myself to suggest that he drop the Raoul Duke persona and go back to being the guy who wrote Hell's Angels - maybe even cut back on the drink and drugs a little bit. He looked at me, reached into his pocket, took out a tab of blotter acid, put it in his mouth and swallowed it.

When was Hunter at his best?

The early Seventies: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, of course, from 1971, and "Strange Rumblings in Aztlan", the piece on the murder of Ruben Salazar that preceded it. Also, I'd say his piece about running for sheriff of Aspen in 1970 and then the whole of his presidential campaign coverage from 1972. He produced something like 90,000 words to extreme deadlines, which became Fear And Loathing On The Campaign Trail.

What did you learn about management from being Hunter's editor?

It was like editing 2.0. Some people need attention... and Hunter certainly demanded a lot of attention! He kept his own hours so the copy would come in on the "Mojo Wire", the telecopier, anywhere between one and five in the morning. It would also arrive in pieces, because he would start in the middle and then he'd go back to the beginning. It usually fell to Jann to make sense out of them. As the years went by the process became more and more difficult. Bob Love, who was managing editor when Hunter wrote "Fear And Loathing In Elko", one of his last big pieces, was literally on the dawn patrol waiting for the copy to arrive.

What was it like to receive an expenses bill from him?

Somewhere I have my favourite expenses bill, which was for $42,000 for Part Two of "Polo Is My Life", which was never written. It's a pretty amazing list, including the bar tabs, the mini-bar tabs and something like $700 for an incinerated sofa! He and Jann were constantly arguing about money, that was a major motif.

How did Hunter's celebrity affect his writing?

One of the problems was that he wasn't really that well known when he did the campaign trail of 1972, but when he went back in 1976 to write about Jimmy Carter he'd become a celebrity. That changed the whole landscape, because he couldn't really do what he had done before. While he still wrote about politics ... he really couldn't be out there reporting on the political race because he had become famous himself.

What was it like to be handed the first manuscript copies of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?

He was staying at Jann's house and we knew he was up to something. He was actually originally working on the Salazar piece, and I found out later that he started writing Vegas as a way to blow off steam because the Salazar piece was terribly difficult. He was in a scary situation and it was through working on that story that he met Oscar Acosta [the inspiration for his "300-pound Samoan attorney" Dr Gonzo]. We were just standing around one day when he came in and handed me this sheaf of about twelve pages ... We all started reading and we were howling! It was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen and like nothing I'd ever read before. ... We were just amazed by how good, how funny and how different it was.

Was Hunter concerned about how you'd react to it?

In [The Great Shark Hunt] there's a memo to Jann that I call the "Gonzo Manifesto". He wrote it when he was working on Part Two of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and realised
(sic)
how different and unique it is. He says that he doesn't think it needs to be edited in the standard fashion, because it's not a standard piece. ["The central problem here is that you're working overtime to treat this thing as Straight or at least Responsible journalism... whereas in truth we are dealing with a classic of irresponsible gibberish."] He also writes, "I like the bastard." So I think it was around that point that he really knew he had something special.

Wisdom
was
Paul Scanlon,
Town Doctor.
Last edited by Majiffy on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:08 am

Post by Majiffy »

Day 2 - Oakland, 1966

The outlaws are very comfortable with their inaccessibility. It saves them a lot of trouble with bill collectors, revenge seekers and routine police harassment. They are as insulated from society as they want to be, but they have no trouble locating each other. When Sonny flies down to Los Angeles, Otto meets him at the airport. When Terry goes to Fresno, he quickly locates the chapter president, Ray - who exists in some kind of mysterious limbo and can only be found by means of a secret phone number, which changes constantly. The Oakland Angels find it convenient to use Barger's number, checking now and then for messages. Some use various saloons where they are well known. An Angel who wants to be reached will make an appointment either to meet somewhere or to be at a certain phone at a designated time.

Because of their gypsy style of life, their network has to be functional. A lost message can lead to serious trouble: an Angel who might have fled willbe arrested; a freshly stolen bike will never reach the buyer; a pound of marijuana might miss a crucial connection; or at the very least, a whole chapter will never get word of a run or a big party.

The destination of a run is kept secret as long as possible - hopefully, to keep the cops guessing. The chapter presidents will figure it out by long-distance telephone, then each will tell his people the night before the run, either at a meeting or by putting the word with a handful of bartenders, waitresses and plugged-in chicks who are known contacts. The system is highly efficient, but it has never been leakproof, and by 1966 the Angels had decided that the only hope was to keep the destination a secret until the run was actually under way. Barger tried it once, but the police were able to track the outlaws by radioing ahead from one point to another. Radio tracking is only a device to give the cops an edge, a sense of confidence and control. Which it does, as long as no lapses occur... But it is safe to predict that on one of these crowded holidays a convoy of Angels is going to disappear like a blip shooting off the edge of a radar screen. All it will take is one of those rare gigs the outlaws are forever seeking: a ranch or big farm with a friendly owner, a piece of rural turf beyond the reach of the fuzz, where they can get all drunk and naked and foll on each other like goats in the rut, until they all pass out from exhaustion.

It would be worth buying a police radio, just to hear the panic:
"Group of eighty just passed through Sacramento, going north on U.S. Fifty, no violence, thought to be headed for Lake Tahoe area..." Fifty miles north, in Placerville, the police chief gives his men a pep talk and deploys them with shotguns on both sides of the highway, south of the city limits. Two hours later they are still waiting and the dispatcher in Sacramento relays an impatient demand for a report on Placerville's handling of the crisis. The chief nervously reports no contact and asks if his restless troops can go home and enjoy the holiday.

The dispatcher, sitting in the radio room at Highway Patrol headquaters in Sacramento, says to sit tight while he checks around... and moments later his voice squaks out of the speaker: "Schwein! You lie! Vere are dey?"

"Don't call me no swine," says the Placerville chief. "They never got here."

The dispatcher checks all over northern California, with no result. Police cars scream up and down the highways, checking every bar. Nothing. Eighty of the state's most vicious hoodlums are roaming around drunk somewhere between Sacramento and Reno, hungry for rape and pillage. It will be another embarrassment for California law enforcement... to simply lose the buggers, a whole convo, right out on a main highway... heads will surely roll.

By now, the outlaws are far up a private road, having left the highway at a sign saying:
OWL FARM, NO VISITORS,
They are beyond the reach of the law unless the owner complains. Meanwhile, another group of fifty disappears in the same vicinity. Police search parties stalk the highway, checking for traces of spittle, grime and blood. The dispatcher still rages over his mike; the duty officer's voice cracks as he answers urgent queries from radio newsmen in San Francisco and Los Angeles: "I'm sorry, that's all I can say. They seem to have ... ah... our information is that they... they disappeared, yes, they're gone."

Day 2 has now begun. Deadline is Thursday, May 2nd 2013, at 2:30 PM EST.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Majiffy »

Not Voting: Nachomamma8, Remembrance, mantisdreamz, buldermar, Rubicon, pirate mollie, I Am Innocent, SE-Asians, Fate, Human Destroyer, kuror0

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, May 2nd at 2:30 PM EST

||
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Wisdom »

/bah
Good luck.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

VOTE: SE-Asians
Are you ready for this?
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:31 am

Post by Rubicon »

Hey everyone. I've skimmed the entire thread, so I have the gist of what's going on. I'll be going back to do more in depth ISOs and stuff over the next bit.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Rubicon »

also I am not an N2 power role.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:32 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

I'm not an N2 power role either
Are you ready for this?
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:33 am

Post by Remembrance »

In post 2265, Wisdom wrote:/bah
Good luck.
That's one I made the right decision on. Thanks for giving me so much to work with Wisdom. I actually, haven't finished re-reading the game yet, but my reads have changed a bit from getting up to page #40.

Pedit: Hello Rubicon.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:35 am

Post by Rubicon »

I'm hoping somebody investigated nacho.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie