Boston Marathon Explosion

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 am

Post by d3x »

In post 123, CooLDoG wrote:Slavery... mhhhmmm I thought you did
I do remember slavery...

/hangs head
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

And the founding fathers more or less condoned it. So be careful when making generalizations about what a large and old entity does or does not stand for.
after a wank.
killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:15 am

Post by killerjester »

In post 24, chesskid3 wrote:Thanks Obama
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:28 am

Post by DCLXVI »

and back to the topic...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/bos ... 49073.html

According to this news report one suspect has been arrested with more arrests possibly about to happen. There will be a press conference by the FBI later today with more information. That's pretty quick work if they have the right guy(s).
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:41 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 118, zoraster wrote:Then don't start with such a bullshit statement if you really want people to do so.
that's textbook UN
say something ridiculous, claim thread has been made ridiculous, tell people they aren't allowed to argue with him because it would otherwise derail the thread
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 am

Post by zoraster »

Anyway, the Ricin thing is interesting. It's a pretty terrible way to off a Senator though. I used to work for a congresswoman right after the Anthrax stuff, but it's always staffers and interns who open and read the mail. The number of letters that were actually read by the person are pretty limited (which doesn't mean it's a futile effort at all, the letters make a difference just in an indirect way). So you're probably just trying to kill a bunch of underpaid early 20s staffers.

When I worked on the Hill, they irradiated all of the mail so that it was literally browned when it got to us like weeks later. You could literally CRACK a stack of papers that were sent.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:51 am

Post by UberNinja »

Spoiler: spoiled because yeah

Zor, clearly you are overreacting.

1. You must be missing the irony in the post entirely. Everybody knows that
"Everybody knows A" + "Everybody knows B" = "Therefore, [joking point C]"
implies it WAS just a bullshit supporting point to say "STFU nobody gives a shit, this is offtopic". And everybody knows that nobody gives a shit whether it's referentially provably bulletproof, because, news flash, it's just a(n) (possibly incorrect) opinion being trumped up to be fact for the sake of pushing a (possibly incorrect) argument. And further, everybody who is paying attention knows that recursion is a bitch. Therefore, [joke conclusion]. And now the circle is complete.

2. Uh, strawman+adhom here. Totally untrue, and totally unexpected. The fuck, dude? :?

3. Again, you apparently failed to realize I was trolling you with my last #3. Hence the mention of "debaucherous" (also used incorrectly), and the winky face. Yeah? Okay. It went over your head.

Now here's where I post this image and people can apply it to whichever of us they want, in order to make themselves feel like they've taken the proper side in the argument and so this ridiculously trumped up kerfluffle can end peacefully.
In post 122, Majiffy wrote:This argument is getting ugly and personal very quickly. The fuck.
Indeed. I, too, am rather nonplussed at zor's sudden vitriol. Also, I have no idea what the fuck he is talking about.

The only person who's ever had any lasting beef with me about anything (that I'm aware of) is Tierce, and we have p.much ignored each other and avoided playing with each other, and everything seems to be fine. She's actually a fine scummer who I have no problem with. Hopefully she comes around eventually but that's not something I am expecting to have any direct hand in. It's up to her.

But people (admins, mostly) keep bringing up shit like this about me, and I have no idea where it's coming from. I joke around sometimes sure, but other than trolling people from time to time (hi, zor) I don't run around doing socially unacceptable and manipulative and abusive things like I am accused of.

So what the fuck, zor.
In post 129, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 118, zoraster wrote:Then don't start with such a bullshit statement if you really want people to do so.
that's textbook UN
say something ridiculous, claim thread has been made ridiculous, tell people they aren't allowed to argue with him because it would otherwise derail the thread
oh, you :roll:
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:25 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 128, DCLXVI wrote:According to this news report one suspect has been arrested with more arrests possibly about to happen. There will be a press conference by the FBI later today with more information. That's pretty quick work if they have the right guy(s).
Nice, kudos to the FBI given the aforementioned assumption is true.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 am

Post by zoraster »

The FBI and boston police are denying that it's true
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Of course it is. They don't need to deal with a bunch of psychotic mourners trying to go vigilante on whatever person they see being hauled in/out or around any courtrooms or jails. Until they have a fully corroborated and international-media-friendly story, they're going to be hush-hush about everything as much as they can.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:55 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 131, UberNinja wrote:1. You must be missing the irony in the post entirely. Everybody knows that "Everybody knows A" + "Everybody knows B" = "Therefore, [joking point C]" implies it WAS just a bullshit supporting point to say "STFU nobody gives a shit, this is offtopic". And everybody knows that nobody gives a shit whether it's referentially provably bulletproof, because, news flash, it's just a(n) (possibly incorrect) opinion being trumped up to be fact for the sake of pushing a (possibly incorrect) argument. And further, everybody who is paying attention knows that recursion is a bitch. Therefore, [joke conclusion]. And now the circle is complete.

2. Uh, strawman+adhom here. Totally untrue, and totally unexpected. The fuck, dude?

3. Again, you apparently failed to realize I was trolling you with my last #3. Hence the mention of "debaucherous" (also used incorrectly), and the winky face. Yeah? Okay. It went over your head.
So let's get things straight:

Under the pretense of whining about a discussion that
you
decided was off-topic, you took the opportunity to inject trolling and irony in a serious discussion, and didn't expect to be called on your bullshit. Then, when two members make it clear that they heartily disagree with your arguments, you once more play the victim card. News at eleven.

Here's a hint: you are miserable at conveying tone on the internet. Far worse than most people I know; it's either that, or you are constantly trying to cover your social blunders via "lol jk I was trolling you haha you fell for it you so jelly of my mind games". As you made a point of noting, this is a serious topic, and you are not the one to come in wagging your finger at people when they are having a discussion and then pretend/reveal it was all just a grand joke that went over everyone's head. If you have nothing of import to share, your input on these matters is not required, nor do we need the grand reveal of your oh so subtle mind tricks. People are free to not continue the side discussion, to drop the subject (as DCLXVI did), to hold an off-topic discussion until the GD mods choose to move it elsewhere. Next time, report whatever it is you think is off-topic and refrain from finger-wagging in a discussion that you should have simply skipped over, and then acting offended when zoraster rightly calls you on how your arguments make no sense.

Finally, I'd appreciate it if you stopped lying about how you are so nicely keeping out of my way, because your baiting attempts fool no one. Your fake "olive branches" have always turned to poison, I have no interest in dealing with you on a personal level; you can stop bringing my name up whenever you see fit to portray how kindhearted and willing to behave like a decent person you are, because I know that is a lie.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:56 am

Post by UberNinja »

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:57 am

Post by Nexus »

Look can you all fuck off out of this thread unless you're talking about FACTS about the Boston Marathon bombing. I have no interest in reading personal pissing matches and shit. It's an absolute disgrace that you're using this thread as an opportunity to troll, or settle personal vendettas.
Trans rights are human rights.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 137, Nexus wrote:Look can you all fuck off out of this thread unless you're talking about FACTS about the Boston Marathon bombing. I have no interest in reading personal pissing matches and shit. It's an absolute disgrace that you're using this thread as an opportunity to troll, or settle personal vendettas.
This.

Though discussing news reports about potential upcoming revelations from the FBI are fine in my book, even if they're not expressly provable at the moment. It's just the nature of the situation.
Last edited by UberNinja on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Nexus »

You're the one who just posted a pointless gif that serves only to stoke your own ego and cause more trouble. Fuck. Off.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 am

Post by UberNinja »

No, it serves to show Tierce she's beating a dead horse and doing so in the wrong place, especially after I've already said I'm done arguing about off topic shit.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Tierce »

Sorry, Nexus.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Nexus »

Police deny arrest

US intercepts ricin letter meant for Obama

If you're posting stuff you're trying to pass off as fact, at least link it to something.

The latter link isn't saying anything about necessarily being related, but I imagine it'll be looked at closely.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Majiffy »

Because there's not a long history of authorities denying information that is true until they have time to compile an official story.

Like, you know, every time ever. Because that's just smart public policy.

||
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 am

Post by zoraster »

Sure, but that doesn't mean it IS true either.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 am

Post by Majiffy »

I just feel like saying "Well obviously it's not because it's being denied" is the most ignorant position to take regarding authorities and history.

Particularly since some events even take 50 years for the truth to come out.

||
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Did someone say that? The onus is on you if you want to affirmatively state something is happening.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

It was heavily implied in your posts.

||
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 137, Nexus wrote:Look can you all fuck off out of this thread unless you're talking about FACTS about the Boston Marathon bombing. I have no interest in reading personal pissing matches and shit. It's an absolute disgrace that you're using this thread as an opportunity to troll, or settle personal vendettas.
i regret any speculation/arguing that i did at the start of these events and have found the general response to it by people in this thread to be more distressing than when i was worrying that i might have had family who were caught up in it

pls stop
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

just saying, I called it.
after a wank.

Return to “General Discussion”