NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

bc why are you ignoring what we are saying about hanz
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Cephrir »

It seems clarifications are necessary. When I asked "are you suggesting Nacho is being bussed?" I was talking to Nero Cain (1424) who seemed to imply Bacde was bussing.

When I said I always like catch-up posts I meant big catch up posts full of reads (like thezmon's, and at the time I totally thought Kublai had done one but he actually didn't yet), though I suppose my comment about day-to-day play made this unclear. The two sentences were less related than has been assumed. I was reading Hanzo as nooby/confused town though I suppose nooby/confused scum is also possible. I'm gonna give him a few more posts before making a really definite judgment.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1450, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:bc why are you ignoring what we are saying about hanz
I'm not

I don't think I've figured out what to think about hanz

plus I really want nacho lynched so thats probably motivating me to not look at hanz so much

I think most of your points about hanz are valid though
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1388, Hanzo_5 wrote:More arguing. More scum reads based more on meta than anything. More tells on D1...
beautyandthebeast wrote: cos scum like to steer the game
@BATB

Leaders like to lead town. Counter point: Scum like to myslynch leaders. Are you making a point to not be lead by anyone? or just thor.
In post 1395, Hanzo_5 wrote:
In post 1389, Bacde wrote:^^Scum also like to lead town

What is your point Hanzo_5?
@Bacde

My point: They pointed out a useless tell. I think the best I can do D1 is pick out what are clearly bs reasons a fluffy posts. And give my stance on them when I get around to it.

How are we gonna get anyone lynched with bs like that being the reasoning? How can I trust a town that would pkay into that BS? rhetorical...
I can see Hanz being scum, but I'm wondering if he's just being misunderstood. Such as here, his first post is like a "WTF? are you even trying to say?"

But when I asked him about it, he had a somewhat coherent point, at least I think he did

I think his point here was that "leading the town" is a null tell; this was in response to you saying "scum like to steer the town"

I'm not sure you were using "lead the town" as a scumtell, and I'm not sure his comment was relevant to our scumhunt--but was his comment really scummy? I don't think so

I think his tirade of "how can I trust a town who...?" is misguided but not necessarily scummy either
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Om the Destroyer »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bulbazak

Om no we aren't lynching Bacde his slot is obvious town

~ :dead:
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 pm

In post 1447, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1381, Om the Destroyer wrote:So from my POV this Nacho wagon consists of only townreads and it's on someone who isn't exactly a scumread from my.
Something is afoot here :/
Yeah, probably your "Nacho ... isn't exactly a scumread". Herp derp Occam's Razor.
Except I found the scum on the wagon.

I mean, this game has basically become whether or not Nacho should be a good lynch. The focus is completely on Nacho (who is probably town, actually) and nobody is really focusing on his attackers, or anyone else for that matter.

PEDIT: No fuck you Bulb is town omg I'll tell you why Bacde is scum in the QT.
VOTE: bacde

~Pertayter
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

OM can I get a link?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1398, Hanzo_5 wrote:
@B&TB

I think its a useless tell because its null. Town or Mafia can try and lead the town. Its what leaders do. Its a leader tell. And since leadership does not define allaignment its null.

My question asked simply asks this. Do you not want a leader?

Then it asks if you do want a leader, why do you not want thor to lead you?

The second questioned is ignored if you prefer that no one leads.
In post 1408, Hanzo_5 wrote:
@B&TB

Fair enough. In my experience the mafia would rather have the town pointing fingers than having a unified trust in individuals.

Thus my line of questioning sees what you think in comparison to me.
B&TB wrote: FOS the shit out of this
Put ur damn finger away. If your to busy to question someone your suspicious of then dont say your suspicious. Its more fluff. How about u try to get a read on me instead of tunneling thor. FoS for asking questions about ur weak points. Stop making weak points.

Anyways for now ur just as null as everyone else. D1 is lame lets lynch someone.

<<< Fixed quote tag. >>>
the quoted post at the top is slightly scummy imo, because I don't see his line of questions going anywhere

BUT, his mindset seems townie to me. He isn't interacting with enough players to my liking, but he seems to have a train of thought, and actively attempting to make a splash upon his entrance, and isn't backing down from his points. Also it does not look like Hanz is even suspicious of you, he was just trying to emphasize that he thought "leading the town" was null

I want to see more posts from hanz
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 pm

interesting
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Bacde »

In post 1455, Om the Destroyer wrote:
In post 1381, Om the Destroyer wrote:So from my POV this Nacho wagon consists of only townreads and it's on someone who isn't exactly a scumread from my.
Yeah, probably your "Nacho ... isn't exactly a scumread". Herp derp Occam's Razor.

I mean, this game has basically become whether or not Nacho should be a good lynch. The focus is completely on Nacho (who is probably town, actually) and nobody is really focusing on his attackers, or anyone else for that matter.

~Pertayter
why aren't you asking me questions or even pushing my wagon?

its looks like you just dropped your vote and are chilling on it

if nacho flips town you are suspect #1
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:49 pm

In post 1459, Bacde wrote:

~Pertayter

Why did it take you like 4 pages to finally question my vote?
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 1:56 pm

In post 1459, Bacde wrote:why aren't you asking me questions or even pushing my wagon?
Because you're town and Om needs a tongue lashing.

Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 pm

In post 1459, Bacde wrote:

~Pertayter

like seriously this is the first indication of a read on our slot that you've made since the
16th page
and it's literally an attack on me because I voted you.

~Pertayter
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1422, Bacde wrote:
AND YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY NACHO MAKES POSTS THAT SCREAM TOWN
I wouldn't say that's the case. I've played with town Nacho, and he still read null until near the end of d1. However, the posts still didn't "scream town", because we even questioned his alignment later in the game. As such, Nacho is normally a null read for me until he does something that allows me to sort him out more. His more recent posts are actually making me lean town.
In post 1432, Bacde wrote:1422 is probably the best iteration of the case against nacho as of right now
That explains why I don't like the case. It's a lot of crap. The whole thing is either a big case of confirmation bias or a very gutsy scum push. Still trying to make up my mind which.
In post 1442, Bacde wrote:
In post 1336, Hanzo_5 wrote:
In post 1333, Bacde wrote:actually I just reread BS's ISO and nothing really sticks out to me except this post:
In post 1128, Baby Spice wrote:Hmm.

I decided to check Nacho's posting history just to see what was happening, and spotted him browsing this forum.

Make of that what you will.
which I can't imagine making if I was town
@bacde

Care to clarify why town shouldnt do that? I dont see a problem with whistle blowing on the lurkers...
Does it look to you like Baby Spice was "whistle blowing" or does it look like Baby Spice was just throwing shit to see what sticks?
This reads as if you think/know that Nacho is town, since that would be the only way that Spice could be throwing crap to see what sticks. I wouldn't think that would be the case if Nacho was scum.

@Mastin
: When's the next vote count? I want to see what the status of the wagon's are.

<<< There were a grand total of two changed votes since the last votecount by this point. So much unchanged. >>>

@Om: What is your Bacde case? I want to see if we're on the same page here.
Last edited by mastin2 on Wed May 15, 2013 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 1394, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1384, EddieFenix wrote: Specify query on what exactly you want explained.
Mainly this:
In post 1370, EddieFenix wrote: The ones I am going after are either

A.) Players of interest to everyone (OS and Fuzzy)
or
B.) Player(s) that have my attention as far as MY interests go when it comes to my reading (Bulba, OS, Fuzzy, B&TB, Bacde, Nacho, Cephrir, etc.)
I wasn't quite sure where you were going with it.
A.) OS and Fuzzy are 2 of the 4-5 big names that keep coming up (other than Bacde's every page nacho push) as we continue deeper and deeper into day 1 that I have has null/scum. I'll ask questions and the game moves forward.

B.) There are players in this game that have MY attention. I'm reading everything they post and I'm calculating my own reads.

Which, if you don't mind my asking Bulba, did something change over the course of day 1 where Om was concerned?
Om the Destroyer
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Om the Destroyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:14 pm

In post 1463, Bulbazak wrote:@Om: What is your Bacde case? I want to see if we're on the same page here.
His case is basically propaganda, focusing more on persuasion than trying to convince us of why he's scum. He seems to be trying to cherry pick from nacho's iso to find the best quotes he can use to prove his point further. Among that, his points aren't exactly solid either, they're either based on meta or just provide a quote with an implied questionable motive that just tries to influence our judgement further without him really having to give much effort (good example are his posts where he quotes a chain of nacho posts and goes "Does this look like nacho scumhunting to you?" without quoting any of his other posts where he does do that stuff. Really it's not hard to quote posts that don't fit a scumhunting agenda, you could do that for literally anyone this game). When his case is not that, it's basically just pushing a burden of proficiency argument (nacho is not this bad as town so he must be scum). Not to mention that half of his iso is basically just "nacho is scum plz everyone lynch him".
His main focus this game has been on nacho, so it provides a good excuse to distract from proper scumhunting, most of his other reads don't really have much explanation to them, and he's not pushing them anywhere near as hard as he is with nacho. The rest of his iso consists basically of fluff.
Also I'm not super strong on this one but he's also joking about him being scum too much, which in my experience comes from scum more often than not (I've done it before and I've seen others do it too).

~Pertayter
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1464, EddieFenix wrote: Which, if you don't mind my asking Bulba, did something change over the course of day 1 where Om was concerned?
More of a change in interactions/relationships. I've been watching Oversoul connections and have been finding Ryu and Bacde increasingly scummy. With Om's recent desire to vote Bacde, I feel that the 2 are not scum partners. At the moment, I'd rather pursue Ryu/Bacde, as they are scummier than Om was.

P-edit: Plus I like that explanation. It reads genuine.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1386, Slandaar wrote:You are being disruptive and not in a good way; disrupt the game by trying to divide town seems to be your gameplan.
Was I being disruptive by...questioning some wagons? Or something else?
In post 1371, Hanzo_5 wrote:D1 is not my day. I read mosy everyone as null. anyone can play to appear town. which is why we even have town reads. The lynch and reasoning behind it is all that will stand out to me.

@Thezmon

Your reasonless list is nothing but filler. To paraphrase you, you said "Hey im here and im doing stuff, Im not done yet so it looks like im not doing anything".

Im bringing this to light because I see it as fluff and everyone else should too.
Pot...kettle?
I presume you have a distinction here.
In post 1372, Amethyst Kitty wrote:^ @Thor: This is what shows Mollie using her town reads to help her build reads. She's working with us and others and it's what she does as town.
I'll be honest with you.
This is a 50 page game or something.
You have 4 examples.
2 of them look like massive stretches to me.
Whassup?
In post 1374, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1369, Thor665 wrote:Okay, let's even go with the theory that I meant logging off...what does that tell you about my alignment?
Y'know, since you're now implying I am lying about what I meant.
cos scum like to steer the game
And town...don't?

Also, how was that helping me steer the game?
Mwu-hahaha! I have fooled town into thinking I went to bed...the FOOLS!

I guess I had to escape all the massive pressure I was under from half the game calling me townish or something...what?
In post 1374, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:no. I answered the question.
You did.
But you lied via omission.
In post 1374, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
Because that's scummy as hell.
no its not. would you like me to post the post where you said I could not possibly be the cult leader in the cult micro game? cos that is what I was thinking at the time when bc asked that.
How is that remotely a rebuttal to what I'm accusing you of there?

Unvote: Red Ryu
Vote: BeautyAndTheBeast
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

Town reads, Town reads everywhere... and not a single reasoning attached to them other then Meta of my Partner... I'm a head of this Hydra too gaise

That being said, I'm currently playing catch up but

Bacde, leave Thor alone He is town this game. We both read him as such (I think)

Nero, I gave you that answer because I don't want to go back into set-up speculation. Mollie's point on you being an SK/Indie makes sense but you just pushed it away like it's nothing and called it terrible. Makes me wonder

ZMON, WAI ARE WE TOWN?

Jiffy, it's time to redeem yourself

VOTE: Cephrir

~Mara
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Why were you voting Ryu in the first place Thor?

Where is Ryu anyhow?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

1. Because he was terrible.

2. Being terrible.

Any other silly questions?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 4:34 pm

In post 1454, Om the Destroyer wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bulbazak

Om no we aren't lynching Bacde his slot is obvious town

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but so is Bulba.
In post 1455, Om the Destroyer wrote: PEDIT: No fuck you Bulb is town omg I'll tell you why Bacde is scum in the QT.

~Pertayter
@Mollie
- Hydra theatre?
In post 1467, Thor665 wrote:
Unvote: Red Ryu
Vote: BeautyAndTheBeast
Thor, I'm town. Vote Cephrir or Nacho.
In post 1468, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Jiffy, it's time to redeem yourself

~Mara
I am so hard right now.

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 4:58 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

OMG, another 20 pages to go.. Will catch up today..
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1471, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Thor, I'm town. Vote Cephrir or Nacho.
What do you think of Mollie's recent posts?
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2013 5:05 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 1289, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 1083, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 1077, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1074, EddieFenix wrote:So, my next question is, why was there not a whole lot of change in your reads from pre-gambit reveal to post-gambit reveal? Was it because the players attitude stayed the same? Their play style stayed the same? What...?
I haven't given my full reads yet impart because I want to see people's responses to various things.
What "various things" are you talking about in specific?
OverSoul wrote:Plus I am still fleshing stuff out.
Elaborate on this.
Oversoul wrote:If you mean my town reads/scum reads on those players I just mentioned it does boil down to their reactions were something I more or less suspected and didn't really change much of my perspective on them.
Ok... Walk me through your PRE-reveal thoughts and reactions from those who rejected it and those who supported it. Those who you might be waiting on to respond, you can react as they come in and catch up.
Oooooooooooooooooversoul.... Oh OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERRRRRRRRRRRRRSOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Answer me, drat you!!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”