NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1822, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1819, Nero Cain wrote:Fuzzy is claiming to have only read 3 pages. Why can't we kill that?
The reaction to the fake modkill looked town to me.

Scum are more likely to clam up and see what the fallout is.

If you really want a fuzzybutternut lynch. Post a better case.
Majiffy posted that on his regular account...which is why it read forced to me. I don't see how anyone paying attention could have legitimately thought someone was dead, and multiple players immediately jumped on him for being stupid. Are they all scum?

I will lend a hand in hanging: DLG (if he doesn't get replaced), Nacho, AA9, Cephrir, OS, and fuzzy.

Spoiler: <<< Mod-edited votecount >>>
Nachomamma8 - 8 (Red Ryu, Bacde, Nero Cain, Slandaar, Seanald, CrashTextDummie, Om the Destroyer, Baby Spice)

fuzzybutternut - 3 (thezmon221, Cephrir, Oversoul)

ArcAngel9 - 3 (DLG, Syryana, Desperado)
Oversoul - 2 (Kublai Khan, BeautyAndTheBeast)
Red Ryu - 1 (ArcAngel9)
BeautyAndTheBeast - 1 (Thor665)
Bacde - 1 (Bulbazak)
Desperado - 1 (Nachomamma8)
Om the Destroyer - 1 (fuzzybutternut)

Not Voting - 3 (Hanzo_5, EddieFenix, Amethyst Kitty)

With
players alive, it's
to lynch.

Deadline is on Monday, May 27th, @ 11:30 AM PST, which is in (expired on 2013-05-27 11:31:59).

Red Ryu is V/LA from Friday, May 17th until Monday, May 20th.
At least half of the Amethyst Kitty hydra is V/LA until Tuesday, May 21st.
Last edited by mastin2 on Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 4:50 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 1814, Kublai Khan wrote:If we don't lynch Nachomamma8 today, you'll be beating the war drums tomorrow.
If we do lynch Nachomamma8 today, you'll... just go off whatever is posted Day 2?
ftr, this looks like you know bc will flip town

as in you won't be nking him
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1684, Bacde wrote:anyway I feel like I've done enough leading for one dayphase

should we lynch nacho? I like being dominant and all but usually this isn't my MO
#1683 was directed to you, please answer it.
In post 1687, Bacde wrote:I think the "Nacho demanded I follow his scumreads in the heat of the moment" despite him saying that he is "not happy about his reads" is a pretty good reason to say nacho is scum
I said that a very long time ago in 1478:
In post 1478, Nachomamma8 wrote:Mollie, Bacde, I'm not screaming at you guys for being idiots this game because you do have a point because I'm not exactly happy with my reads yet. It's not that I'm lacking motivation for this game and it isn't that I'm being useless (that's bullshit, Bacde), but I definitely am not being as aggressive and on point this game because I just don't have things worked out yet. I have a pretty good scumread in Desperado, a pretty decent town core, but I don't feel comfortable with the game to the point that I usually do. Although, Bacde:
In post 1459, Bacde wrote:if nacho flips town you are suspect #1
If I flip town, you're living in my scumlist for a while. You owe me that much.
Notice the word "yet". As in I'm confident that I'll be perfectly happy with my reads by then. Hell, I'm pretty happy with my reads now.
In post 1702, Syryana wrote:Wait, you're willing to drop the whole Oversoul thing because of one genuine-sounding post? WHAT?
It's been a more gradual change (as shown by me not pushing Oversoul to hell recently), but that post was what brought the read through in the end.
In post 1706, Baby Spice wrote:Lol Nacho.

It wasn't crap as it wasn't even there, with scum reads voting you.

But by about Bacd's iso #80 there actually started to be one so my read on you develope some.

Now though with Bc making noises about shifting his vote I'm wondering what's happening.

Didn't get my iso read done though. Nanna nap won out :)
All I needed for the scumread to be solidified was a posture.
Thank you.

In post 1754, Desperado wrote:
Unvote
Vote: AA9

I can vouch for Syry's meta read on AA9. In Mini 1426 town-AA9 went V/LA late in D1, came back to a wagon on her and immediately OMGUS'd the wagon starter by quoting their vote and beginning with "scum trying to frame me and get me lynched in my absence." Her immediate frame of mind was 100% OMGUS.

And I agree with OS and Sy about what bacde said...calling attention to your attempt to prove that you aren't showing scum motivation is scum motivated.
What the hell happened to the read on me?
In post 1802, Thor665 wrote:because he can be quite terrible, lurky, and unresponsive as town. I think it's a shame he does that, but he does do that now. I agree that he didn't use to. Meta changes.
Do you think that this is one of those games?
In post 1816, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:but why is nacho ignoring this game
http://forum.mafiascum.net/search.php?a ... 8&sr=posts
This is a really useful tool.
Stalk the fuck out of me before you get worried that I'm avoiding a specific game because this accusation has been wrong a majority of the time.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

For the record, Desp just went from this:
In post 1665, Desperado wrote:1) Don't call me kiddo...although the unnecessary condescension might help get you lynched so on second thought, keep patronizing me
2) That's exactly what you said. You told me to "stop asking you these questions because they are scummy as hell" when "these questions" are me pointing out inconsistencies in your scumhunting and asking you to explain them. You've made no distinction between DLG's "at least" pretending to scumhunt and Baby Spice pretending to scumhunt, for example, for example, other than "it is that way because I say it is."
3) So if I avoid it, that makes me autoscum. But if I respond to it, and my level of activity regarding other happenings in the game is not up to your standard, then I'm also scum? Is there a situation here that doesn't end with "then I'm scum" in your mind? Because it doesn't really sound like it.

PEdit: Ceph: Why does the question not make sense the first time, but when Nacho makes me ask it again that's when you "have me winning?" It's the same question.

And I wasn't making I point, I was being sarcastic because I knew that Nacho had just lied. CTD's case on DLG absolutely played into Nacho's townread on him (as I pointed out), which leads me to believe that he was just saying that in response to my question to discredit it from the start (that point is invalid because it isn't even relevant!) Except it was relevant, so now he has to switch to "CTD's push on his DLG case was better than yours," which was not his original assertion. Do you get it? He lied and got caught, so I pointed it out cheekily.

Finally, I'm not beholden to any of you or your standards of play. I'll respond to what I want to respond to, when I want to respond to it...before today I had 6 posts since voting Nacho (and Nacho voting me in return), 3 responding to his vote on me and 3 not. If 50% = "almost exclusively" then yeah, I'm almost exclusively responding to Nacho.
To this:
In post 1742, Desperado wrote:AP tests weren't even 50% as difficult as they were made out to be. I took 3 in a week two years in a row, it's really not that strenuous.

And it's not like you weren't aware of the date of the exams. You chose to join a large game during AP exam week, and are now getting snarky and defensive when people say it's scummy that you aren't really participating. Does that seem reasonable to you?
To this:
In post 1754, Desperado wrote:
Unvote
Vote: AA9

I can vouch for Syry's meta read on AA9. In Mini 1426 town-AA9 went V/LA late in D1, came back to a wagon on her and immediately OMGUS'd the wagon starter by quoting their vote and beginning with "scum trying to frame me and get me lynched in my absence." Her immediate frame of mind was 100% OMGUS.

And I agree with OS and Sy about what bacde said...calling attention to your attempt to prove that you aren't showing scum motivation is scum motivated.
The switch in and of itself is suspicious as all fuck considering I was accusing him of only posting content when it has to do with me just a minute ago.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1564, Baby Spice wrote:Which means a trip through Nacho's iso tommorow.
In post 1787, Baby Spice wrote:
Vote Nacho

Since Bc asked so nicely.

Hey Fuzzy, this is not open 495.
Baby Spice, what did you find in my ISO?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1702, Syryana wrote:Why Kublai, AK, Slandaar?
Kublai hasn't really posted anything that makes me think "strong town". I've seen some points that I've liked, but as far as his offense on pushing scum goes, there hasn't really been anything amazing.

AK has been waffling hard as fuck the whole game and posts like the most recent one where she starts doubting a townread because I was waffling on my push on them even though the initial push on them was the reason she thought I was scum. It's just a bunch of moon logic and not really what I was expecting from the slot at all. It doesn't feel like Mara's scum play, though, which throws me off quite a bit.

Slandaar is usually a pretty strong presence in game but hasn't done shit here. What do you see in him?

thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:28 am

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 1812, Kublai Khan wrote:Oversoul:

Fake claim gambit.
Plenty of activity.
Retracted claim.
Slow on analysis.
Analysis given is poor and superficial.
Claims boredom and disinterest due to waiting for responses.
Posted that he got a lot of response and that he enjoys the thrill of gambitting.
Soft-claiming that he shouldn't be vigged.
If I didn't want a fuzzy lynch as badly as I do, I'd totally be game for this lynch. I think fuzzy's the way to go, though, and everyone should vote for him.

I decided, that whether KK is town or not, this point is still a legitimate point:
Kublai Khan wrote:If we don't lynch Nachomamma8 today, you'll be beating the war drums tomorrow.
If we do lynch Nachomamma8 today, you'll... just go off whatever is posted Day 2?
And I thought about it... and I probably won't vote Nacho today. I don't see it. The people on the wagon don't seem to actually be engaged with the wagon, and it overall looks like a shitstorm.
Nachomamma8 wrote:It's been a more gradual change (as shown by me not pushing Oversoul to hell recently), but that post was what brought the read through in the end.
Under what circumstances did the scumread deteriorate?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Desperado »

The switch in and of itself is suspicious as all fuck considering I was accusing him of only posting content when it has to do with me just a minute ago.
Unless I'm mistaken this is you saying that it's scummy that I am posting content that doesn't have to do with you, right? If so, skip to paragraph two.

My read on you didn't go anywhere, Syry put forth a read on another player that I felt I had the knowledge to back up and the only way I can show my support for a wagon is to vote it. Did you not see the post two above your newest string where I listed you as someone I would like to see dead?

You are so far beyond confirmation bias at this point that it really isn't worth engaging you in a discussion...when I inevitably die and flip town I'll just take solace in the fact that you latched on to a bullshit read and spend the next however long confirming your own suspicions regardless of what I said.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1831, thezmon221 wrote:Under what circumstances did the scumread deteriorate?
Reading him over when he's not in the thread posting his weird things, I have trouble seeing his mindset as scum. The Informed Townie gambit doesn't really give him that much of a benefit, and the way that he retracted the claim didn't really seem like panic. It's also not unheard of for a gambit to completely flop and not produce the information that you originally thought it would; so the fact that he was sort of like "eh, this is all I got" read decently honest to me. Then there was the recent post which I liked, and I'm guessing he's probably not scum.
In post 1832, Desperado wrote:My read on you didn't go anywhere, Syry put forth a read on another player that I felt I had the knowledge to back up and the only way I can show my support for a wagon is to vote it. Did you not see the post two above your newest string where I listed you as someone I would like to see dead?
Okay. But why is your meta read on AA stronger than your read on me?
In post 1832, Desperado wrote:You are so far beyond confirmation bias at this point that it really isn't worth engaging you in a discussion...when I inevitably die and flip town I'll just take solace in the fact that you latched on to a bullshit read and spend the next however long confirming your own suspicions regardless of what I said.
Confirmation bias? I thought you were calling me scum just a moment ago and your read on me went nowhere.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Slandaar »

Thor asks Nacho a question
Nacho Ignores
I prod Thor
Thor forgets Nacho still.

Thor had a line of enquiry on Nacho which was ignored and then he kind of just dropped his line of thinking.

Probably means Thor is scum.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1834, Slandaar wrote:Thor had a line of enquiry on Nacho which was ignored and then he kind of just dropped his line of thinking.
Where?

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:32 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1825, Desperado wrote:Majiffy posted that on his regular account...which is why it read forced to me. I don't see how anyone paying attention could have legitimately thought someone was dead, and multiple players immediately jumped on him for being stupid. Are they all scum?

I will lend a hand in hanging: DLG (if he doesn't get replaced), Nacho, AA9, Cephrir, OS, and fuzzy.
Red is typically a mod color (and is one of mastin2's colors but only apparently inside the <> things). And Majiffy fucks up account posting regularly. I see it as possible. Jumping on Majiffy for being stupid is a nulltell.
In post 1826, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
In post 1814, Kublai Khan wrote:If we don't lynch Nachomamma8 today, you'll be beating the war drums tomorrow.
ftr, this looks like you know bc will flip town
as in you won't be nking him
For fuck's sake. Are you seriously calling me scummy while sheeping my vote? Can you fence sit any fucking harder?

Obviously, if bacde gets night-killed if a moot question.
In post 1830, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1702, Syryana wrote:Why Kublai, AK, Slandaar?
Kublai hasn't really posted anything that makes me think "strong town". I've seen some points that I've liked, but as far as his offense on pushing scum goes, there hasn't really been anything amazing.
Comment on my Oversoul case please.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1804, Cephrir wrote:It's strong in that I'm voting for scum. Is it likely to result in a lynch today, probably not.
And this will help town...how?
In post 1804, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1800, Thor665 wrote:Does he not do that when town?
I don't have the slightest idea.
So...how do you know it's a scumtell then and not a 'he plays the game badly' tell?
In post 1804, Cephrir wrote:Soft supporting? So you're trying to tell me the only reactions possible to a wagon are voting for it and the AA9 brand "OMG hell no" reaction? I know that I'm not the world's best at reading other players, so I never get confident enough in my reads to have either of those reactions. I don't feel strongly enough about this to try to derail the wagon, I see better scumhunters than myself on it, but I'm not going to put my vote where my own honest opinion isn't except to get a deadline compromise lynch.
Here you are soft supporting it again.
In post 1804, Cephrir wrote:I don't see the use in quoting random posts and saying "well why don't you try voting for fuzzy?" like you're doing with your suspects. That's not going to get you any more votes, all it does it remind everyone with every other sentence where your vote is. I'd love this to be a valid wagon but the Nacho lynch seems like such a foregone conclusion at this point that I know that wouldn't work even if it was within my playstyle (it's not). When I push a wagon I do it by presenting a case and then rebutting arguments against me.
:neutral:
In post 1804, Cephrir wrote:So you were manipulating me, gotcha.
Yes, I was, what are you going to do with that information besides act like it somehow means something while doing nothing with it?
In post 1804, Cephrir wrote:I also sensed a contrived as hell attack coming for your direction, so I figured I might as well pre-emptively defend myself at the same time. I would have discussed it more amicably if your initial posts weren't obviously hostile.
It was only hostile based on the concept that you weren't pushing your lynch - something you fully agree with, so why is that a scummy thing to point out if you agree it is true?
In post 1805, Cephrir wrote:Correction: I have a *slight* idea from the one game I've played with fuzzy. He didn't scumhunt very hard, but as I've said before, he at least made an effort, and didn't bandwagon hop as shamelessly. But this doesn't approach an actual meta read.
As least you realized how bad that stance was.

Link?
In post 1806, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:well your action so far is to keep your vote on us. which is pretty dumb since you could be using that power elsewhere
Ah, so now we're changing the focus of the attack away from hypocrisy (proven false) and over towards stupidity. In other words, you got new information, and decided to change your reasoning in order to still hold the same conclusion.
That is not the way logic works.
Do you do that as town, or only scum?
In post 1806, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:don't give me that face
Stop trying so hard to earn it.
In post 1806, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:what are you even talking about I did not "wilt" in that game if anything you dramaqueened all over the place. and as far as you not believing me I think it is cos you are not reading my posts except for the ones that have to do with you
I caught you because you presented a false argument and then tried to keep it going and I noted how you were trying to bulldog through and ignore logic and heavily pressured you until it became obvious to everyone else that I was right. If you don't want to call that 'wilting' that's fine with me - tell me what word you think it is, and then I'll say that's what I expected you to do to my pressure...which, y'know, was your original point 'Thor, why pressur eme ecause you know it won't work' when, clearly, I have seen it work.
In post 1806, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:your push feels different. I am not sure if it is cos we are a hydra or not.
Explain this. Because I have no idea why my push should feel different because you're a hydra.
That doesn't even begin to make sense, frankly.
In post 1806, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:wait wat. so why is your vote not on him
Because you didn't understand what I just typed.
In post 1806, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:he can be lurky as town sometimes. that isn't why I want to vote him though

ugh thor you confuse me
1. Thor points out a valid meta point about Nacho playing badly as town.
2. Mollie uses meta to explain why Nacho is town because he's playing badly.
3. Mollie is confused by Thor.

I am more confused now.
In post 1808, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:thor I need a few rounds with
So game is back on despite Majiffy telling you to stop and you stopping on his word?
Ooooookay.
Still waiting for you to do more than throw random and nonsensical scumtells at me, accept my responses are true, and then bend the answers into still being scumtells.
I'm sure that's how scumhunting works - because town would totally respond to that differently than scum.
In post 1827, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1802, Thor665 wrote:because he can be quite terrible, lurky, and unresponsive as town. I think it's a shame he does that, but he does do that now. I agree that he didn't use to. Meta changes.
Do you think that this is one of those games?
It's unquestionably one of those games, because you are being terrible.
The only question is if it is terrible town or terrible scum Nacho.

I personally think you are town Nacho for other reasons unrelated to your meta - I find the meta case on you to be weak because 'oooh, Nacho is scuking' is not convincing because I know you can do this sort of gak as town.

I'd love it if you killed that part of your town meta though, just saying.

I don't like the Oversoul push - I lean town on that slot.
I don't like the Nacho one either - same deal.
People are raging lackwits about Majiffy/Mollie - that is a blatant scum Mollie, and I want to hear reasons from people why it looks town when it is lying and misrepping.

Unvote: B&tB
Vote: Red Ryu

This.
@KK - c'mon back, pl0x, Oversoul is more likely town from that gak than scum, seriously.
@Nacho - you can come play here too, it looks tasty, like red velevt cake, Mmmmm.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1369, Thor665 wrote: You planning to RESPOND to his case though?
Because it looks like a knockout punch to me.

Edit: I see your link...how is that relevant, specifically?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1835, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1834, Slandaar wrote:Thor had a line of enquiry on Nacho which was ignored and then he kind of just dropped his line of thinking.
Where?
You explaining your meta change to not liking massclaim.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1838, Slandaar wrote:
In post 1369, Thor665 wrote: You planning to RESPOND to his case though?
Because it looks like a knockout punch to me.

Edit: I see your link...how is that relevant, specifically?
Hint: Thor can do research on his own - he just doesn't like to.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:40 am

Post by Slandaar »

What did you find out?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1837, Thor665 wrote:@KK - c'mon back, pl0x, Oversoul is more likely town from that gak than scum, seriously.
Red Ryu is in my willing to lynch list. But my suspicion of Oversoul being scum is stronger.

My ears are open, though. Make the case that Oversoul is town or make a stronger case that Red Ryu is scum (succinctness preferred).

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:45 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1836, Kublai Khan wrote:Red is typically a mod color (and is one of mastin2's colors but only apparently inside the things). And Majiffy fucks up account posting regularly. I see it as possible. Jumping on Majiffy for being stupid is a nulltell.
This isn't what I was saying, so let me make this clear:

1) Majiffy is in the B&TB hydra
2) Majiffy isn't a mod of this game
3) Majiffy is the one who posted in red lettering saying that someone had been modkilled
4) Fuzzy thought that a non-mod posting on his regular account that someone had been modkilled was legitimate
5) Several people jumped on
fuzzy
for being stupid.

You said that you felt Fuzzy's reaction to the fake modkill was town, but he was the only one who thought it was anything other than a joke, so how does that reconcile?
In post 1832, Desperado wrote:My read on you didn't go anywhere, Syry put forth a read on another player that I felt I had the knowledge to back up and the only way I can show my support for a wagon is to vote it. Did you not see the post two above your newest string where I listed you as someone I would like to see dead?
Okay. But why is your meta read on AA stronger than your read on me?
It isn't. If I had 10 votes I would have 7 of them on you, 2 on DLG, and one on AA9, but I only have one.
In post 1832, Desperado wrote:You are so far beyond confirmation bias at this point that it really isn't worth engaging you in a discussion...when I inevitably die and flip town I'll just take solace in the fact that you latched on to a bullshit read and spend the next however long confirming your own suspicions regardless of what I said.
Confirmation bias? I thought you were calling me scum just a moment ago and your read on me went nowhere.
Honestly don't even know what you're talking about. I'm saying that you are so far beyond confirmation bias in your approach to me that we might as well just not engage one another. First I'm scummy because I'm only responding when you post, now I'm scummy because I'm responding to other things and moving my vote without updating you on where you stand in my reads. I'm sure if I hadn't posted any content the last few days you'd be saying I was scum for that, too. You're creating situations where I'm scum no matter what happens, hence, so far beyond confirmation bias.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

I found out that I couldn't find a solid reason for his meta shift.
I found many examples of him as town and scum opposing masclaim.

I then asked myself, if I was going to do a large meta shift in my playstyle, would I do it first as scum based on a lie, or as town based on reality.

The answer is pretty obvious unless you're derpy.
There's no value in a scumvantage way in him advancing this opinion change nor in how he did it.
Therefore it's not a scumtell.

In addition, a meta change being advocated is more likely to come during a town game because...duh.
Therefore it is a towntell.

Want to bus Red Ryu now?

@KK - You want me to believe that it is a huge scumtell that Oversoul is trying to drop hints that he shouldn't be nightkilled? Now, there are, off the top of my head, probably 3-4 nightkills likely to happen in this game. 2-3 are likely to be scum nightkills.
Just, y'know, saying.
The rest of the 'case' on him is, he was active during a period he admitted to enjoying (fake claim), he went into a slump during a period he didn't enjoy (no fake claim), and has now returned to an act that he clearly enjoyed (claim hint - which is really another value of fakeclaim). I don't care to debate whether or not you think what he's doing is pro town (I *really* don't want to defend it) But I fail to see either a scum agenda or even a fake agenda there. He clearly likes the interplay and attention and is playing in that manner. I'll agree his reads from it suck, but I see people get excited about doing things that get sucky reads all the time as town...so...?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

Top part is @Slandaar.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1843, Desperado wrote:This isn't what I was saying, so let me make this clear:

1) Majiffy is in the B&TB hydra
2) Majiffy isn't a mod of this game
3) Majiffy is the one who posted in red lettering saying that someone had been modkilled
4) Fuzzy thought that a non-mod posting on his regular account that someone had been modkilled was legitimate
5) Several people jumped on
fuzzy
for being stupid.

You said that you felt Fuzzy's reaction to the fake modkill was town, but he was the only one who thought it was anything other than a joke, so how does that reconcile?
Moderators have the power to edit user posts. mastin2 in particular enjoys doing so quite a bit.

It's been my experience that scum generally hold back and try to properly understand a game situation before rushing forth. So they can pick the reaction that gives them the best advantage. Town doesn't. So fuzzybutternut blurting out an unfiltered ignorant reaction is a town-tell.
In post 1844, Thor665 wrote:@KK - You want me to believe that it is a huge scumtell that Oversoul is trying to drop hints that he shouldn't be nightkilled? Now, there are, off the top of my head, probably 3-4 nightkills likely to happen in this game. 2-3 are likely to be scum nightkills.
Just, y'know, saying.
The rest of the 'case' on him is, he was active during a period he admitted to enjoying (fake claim), he went into a slump during a period he didn't enjoy (no fake claim), and has now returned to an act that he clearly enjoyed (claim hint - which is really another value of fakeclaim). I don't care to debate whether or not you think what he's doing is pro town (I *really* don't want to defend it) But I fail to see either a scum agenda or even a fake agenda there. He clearly likes the interplay and attention and is playing in that manner. I'll agree his reads from it suck, but I see people get excited about doing things that get sucky reads all the time as town...so...?
Well, it matters because the fakeclaim reveal reads like a giant backtrack on a bad fakeclaim. Then there is massive stalling while he tries to provide an analysis that end up being veeeery similar to CrashTextDummie's massclaim analysis (like, obviously copied homework). So you can tack on a charge of "no scum-hunting" and "looking busy, doing nothing" to the laundry list.

Follow-up question: You had the option of attacking the Oversoul case or presenting a Red Ryu case. Why did you chose the former and provide nothing on the latter?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

So now we're accussing Oversoul of not being good at the game...I don't disagree that his contributions have been weak, but are they scummy? I mean, is semi-sheeping CTD scummy now?

Because I prefer making 'not scum' cases than 'scum' cases.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 7:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also, if I'm honest, I think I just consider Red to be the most likely to be lynched of players I want to lynch. B&tB and Slandaar both seem immune from getting votes for some reason.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

How did I sheep CTD?

In the no reaction part of the responses to my fakeclaim?

KK - Sometimes people just don't care

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”