Post by Majiffy »

:!:
Remembrance (L-0): I Am Innocent, buldermar, pirate mollie
:!:
I Am Innocent (L-2): SE-Asians
buldermar (L-1): Remembrance

Not Voting:

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.
Deadline is on Sunday, June 16th at 8:00 PM EST.

The Emergence of Mankiewicz

Mankiewicz - A forty-seven year old Los Angeles lawyer who was Director of the Peace Corps before he became Bobby Kennedy's press secretary in 1968 - has held various job-titles since the McGovern campaign got underway last year. For a while he was "Press Secretary", then he was called the "Campaign Manager" - but now he appears to feel comfortable with the title of "Political Director". Which hardly matters, because he has become George McGovern's alter ego. There are people filling all the conventional job-slots, but they are essentially front-men. Frank Mankiewicz is to McGovern what John Mitchell is to Nixon - the Man behind the Man.

Two weeks before voting day in New Hampshire, Mankiewicz was telling his friends that he expected McGovern to get 38 percent of the vote. ... When Frank laid this prediction on his friends in the Washington Journalism Establishment, they figured he was merely doing his job - trying to con the press and hopefully drum up a last minute surge for McGovern, the only candidate in '72 presidential race who had any real claim on the residual loyalties of the so-called "Kennedy Machine". ... So Frank Mankiewicz ascended to the Instant-Guru level on the morning of March 8th, when the final New Hampshire tally showed McGovern with 37.5 percent of the Democratic primary vote, and "front-runner" Ed Muskie with only 47 percent.

Remembrance was Frank Mankiewicz,
Town Doctor.
Last edited by Majiffy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:01 am, edited 5 times in total.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Majiffy »

Night 5: Woody Creek, 2003

The Mailbox: Louisville, Summer of 1946

My parents were decent people, and I was raised, like my friends, to believe that the Police were our friends and protectors - the Badge was a symbol of extremely high authority, perhaps the highest of all. Nobody ever asked
why
. It was one of those unnatural questions better left alone. If you had to ask
that
, you were sure as hell guilty of
something
and should have been put behind bars a long time ago. It was a no-win situation.

My first face-to-face confrontation with the FBI occurred when I was nine years old. Two grim-looking Agents came to our house and terrified my parents by saying that I was a "prime suspect" in the case of a Federal Mailbox being turned over in the path of a speeding bus. It was a Federal Offense, they said, and carried a five-year prison sentence.

"Why deny it, Hunter?" said one of the FBI agents. "We know
exactly
what happened up there on that corner on Saturday. Your buddies already confessed, son. They
squealed
on you."

It was a magic moment in my life, a defining instant for me or any nine-year-old boy growing up in the 1940s after World War II.

"Who?" I said. "What witnesses?"

It was not a hell of a lot to ask, under those circumstances - and I really did want to know exactly who among my and blood brothers ... has really gone belly up and rolled on me. ... So I asked again. "Witnesses? What witnesses?"

We never saw those FBI agents again. Never. And I learned a powerful lesson: Never believe the first thing an FBI agent tells you about anything - especially not if he seems to believe you are guilty of a crime.

Night 5 begins now, deadline is Thursday, June 20th at 6 PM EDT.
Last edited by Majiffy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:21 am

Post by Majiffy »

Insert Impressive Title Here

I couldn't find anything on Tim Crouse feeding Thompson large quantities of drugs during the '72 campaign on a quick breeze-through, so you're just going to have to trust that at some point in time in 1972 the two gentlemen were partaking in a lot of illegal fun.

GuyInFreezer was Timothy Crouse,
Doctor.
Last edited by Majiffy on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

Day 6: Woody Creek, 2005

Football Season Is Over

No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won’t hurt.
Last edited by Majiffy on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Not Voting: I Am Innocent, buldermar, pirate mollie

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
Deadline is on Thursday, July 4th at 10:30 PM EDT.

||
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

TO THINK THAT I REPLACED IN JUST TO BE A BODYBAG
THANK GOODNESS THAT I DIDN'T READ THE GAME
/bah
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

<3

||
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

well, I was going to just sit back and either:

a) watch you 2 duke it out in an intellectual sausagefest

or

b) give my vote to the first person who sent me a dong pic

but A seems unfair since I might not the posts cos tl;dr and I think B is against site rulez cos it constitutes as bribery

so

VOTE: IaI[/vote}

and I really hope I am right about this. if I am not it isn't like I have a good record in lylo to keep up
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: IaI
whew!
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 3833, pirate mollie wrote:VOTE: IaI
Mollie, swear I am town, so at least unvote for 2 or 3 days. I will keep my case small and brief. If your gut still says me, well then, oh well. But don't let Bulder win it this easily...

And if your scum, I'll make it easy it for you.

vote Buldermar

First point, we have two scum dead. Which of the living players (two of them) helped killed them and which did nothing to get either?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 3774, I Am Innocent wrote:I will continue to be checking in to see if Mollie makes an appearance. Deadline now in less than 2 hrs.

I could hammer bulder, and while I am totally fine with that as he is my #2 target, it feels very cheap as Mollie's intent was to unvote him in her last post. So I very much would like it if she came in and gave her thoughts and picked which of the 3 she thinks should be lynched.
Point two. Why would scum not hammer bulder here, and "save" the player for LyLo they have been making a case on in conjunction with scum Kuror since D3? With deadline less than 2 hrs, no explanation would have been needed.
It would have 100% absolutely been the best move for scum IAI...

Answer: Because I am not scum, and Remembrance was my #1 read due to all the connections to Kuror.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:42 am

Post by buldermar »

VOTE: IAI

gg
I ♥ pirate mollie and I slurp her bathwater. I also have a big fat mancrush on awsum gandalf.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 am

Post by buldermar »

Majiffy, you may link to the scum QT. I used it the first night I was alone for thoughts.
I ♥ pirate mollie and I slurp her bathwater. I also have a big fat mancrush on awsum gandalf.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 am

Post by buldermar »

I had forgotten Asians was a doc, though, so I planned to have him in endgame with IAI instead of mollie initially.
buldermar
buldermar
Mafia Scum
buldermar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:48 am

Post by buldermar »

I thought it was over when Rem started scum reading me.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

good game bulder

Sorry to anyone I offended too. I felt most bad about Kuror, and the post where I called him Moron like 8 times. Hope you forgive me man...

Mollie, your paranoia got to you. You went back and forth on me the whole game....I wish you could see the difference I played in this game vs the last. Even bork picked up on that D1.

Remem, sorry, the HD being on your suspect list (still shocked neither bulder or kuror put him on there) + jumping off the fate wagon when you did + being on kuror's investigation list was too much too ignore. You were totally right D5 that I had a better chance of getting bulder first, and then going after you D6 had he flipped town. But "better chance" with mollie being in LyLo meant still a little chance at all. I believe strongly I had one shot with her, and I chose evidence over gut (your posts were VERY townie D5...sorry, just couldn't get off that evidence). Sorry all.

Asians, great job sticking with your guns D4 when we nailed Kuror. I almost jumped to Jon, had you come with me that would have really messed things up. You staying on Kuror gave me a near confirmed town read on you and kept us in the game as we nailed scum because of it.

Nacho great plan D1. Curious to know now if Bulder intentionally went with a lesser plan, or if he still believes his plan was as solid (trying to gain town cred). I strongly opine that the best course of action is that all docs stay hidden even after there powers are used.

Bulder, you played the apathetic, coasting game that always fools me. I need to do a better job weeding players like you out (Kuror had me fooled too until he said Nacho was his investigation target).

Thanks Majiffy for modding. And Booooooooooooooooooo to Thor for never ending up playing. Love playing with that guy.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:11 am

Post by Majiffy »

The Making of the Menace, 1965

In any gathering of Hell's Angels, from five to a possible hundred and fifty, there is no doubt who is running the show: Ralph "Sonny" Barger, the Maximum Leader, a six-foot, 170-pound warehouseman from East Oakland, the coolest head in the lot, and a tough, quick-thinking dealer when any action starts. By turns he is a fanatic, a philosopher, a brawler, a shred compromiser and a final arbitrator. To the Oakland Angels is Ralph. Everybody else calls him Sonny... although when the party gets and loose he answers to names such as Prez, Papa and Daddy. Barger's word goes unquestioned, although many of the others could take him in two minutes if it ever came to a fight. But it never does. He rarely raises his voice - except in a rumble with outsiders. Any dissenters in the ranks are handled quietly at the regular Friday-night meetings, or they simply fade out of the picture and change their life patterns so as never again cross paths with any group of Angels.

IAmInnocent was Ralph "Sonny" Barger,
Town Cop.

The Witness III

The Witness case turned on the day they decided to search the house, the day I got arrested. I got in such a rage that it was war. From then on I was in a kill-or-be-killed scenario; until then I hadn't really paid much attention to it. It was a bag of shit. But my own lawyer got me busted. He invited me down to the courthouse to be taken and fingerprinted. I knew I was in trouble. So from then on it was just that rage. I don't know if that's good or bad. It's focus and concentration. It was a little bit like the Mailbox - when I made that decision to ask, "What Witnesses?" That eerie soliloquy... "It's a matter of taste". It always boils down to a matter of taste.

The Mailbox incident was a confidence builder, I think, but it didn't teach me that I was smarter than they were. It taught me that they were not as smart as they thought they were. I did not plead guilty on that one, and I got into the habit of that.

There are a lot of jackasses in the world who think they are smarter than I am. There are a lot of smart cops. But most of them don't get into this kind of chickenshit case.

pirate mollie was Gail "The Witness" Palmer,
Town Cop.

Public Floggings I Have Known

Okay, Colonel - Good work on your brutal publicity. Kick the shit out of five or six more of those rotters & you'll make the cover of
Time

Maybe you want to come to CUBA this weekend & help me write my new honky-tonk song: "Jesus Hated Bald Pussy".

Anyway, this act with the
Plank
might have some legs. Let's give it a whirl in HAVANA. We could both load up on Absinth and & trash a nice suite in the
Hotel Nacional
. Invite 50 or 60 Beautiful People to a party/celebration in honor of Che Guevara, which then "got out of hand". DEPP JAILED AFTER ORGY IN CUBA, PROSTITUTES SEIZED AFTER MELEE IN PENTHOUSE, ACTOR DENIES TREASON CHARGES.

Why not?

Buldermar was Johnny Depp,
Mafia Goon.
Last edited by Majiffy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

3 Goons, 5 Cops, 5 Docs

1. Nachomamma8 - Richard Daley -
Night 1 Town Doctor

2. Remembrance - Frank Mankiewicz -
Night 1 Town Doctor

3. mantisdreamz - Ken Kesey -
Night 5 Town Doctor

4. buldermar - Johnny Depp -
Mafia Goon

5. jon_h61 - Pat Buchanan -
Night 4 Town Cop

6. pirate mollie - Gail "The Witness" Palmer -
Night 1 Town Cop

7. I Am Innocent - Ralph "Sonny" Barger -
Night 2 Town Cop

8. RachMarie - Jann Wenner -
Night 2 Town Cop

9. GIF - Timothy Crouse -
Night 5 Town Doctor

10. Fate - Joe Edwards -
Mafia Goon

11. Human Destroyer - Richard Nixon -
Night 3 Town Cop

12. Wisdom - Paul Scanlon -
Night 3 Town Doctor

13. kuror0 - George McGovern -
Mafia Goon

Night Actions

N1
Remembrance protects Nachomamma8
pirate mollie investigates Fate
Nachomamma8 protects pirate mollie
buldermar kills Wisdom

N2
I Am Innocent investigates HumanDestroyer
Buldermar kills Nachomamma8

N3
HD investigates SE-Asians
Buldermar kills HumanDestroyer

N4
Buldermar kills jon_h61
jon_h61 investigates IaI

N5
GIF protects Mollie
buldermar kills GIF

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Majiffy »

Sources

All written by Hunter S. Thompson except where noted.

Hells Angels: A Strange And Terrible Saga (1966)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Strange Journey to the Heart of the American Dream (1971)
Fear and Loathing: On The Campaign Trail '72 (1973)
The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales from a Strange Time, Gonzo Papers, Volume 1 (1979)
Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80's, Gonzo Papers, Volume 2 (1988)
Songs of the Doomed: More notes on the death of the American dream, The Gonzo Papers, Volume III (1990)
Kingdom of Fear: Loathsome Secrets of a Star-Crossed Child in the Final Days of the American Century (2003)

Gonzo Management, by Kevin Perry and Paul Scanlon
GQ Magazine
, 2012.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Majiffy »

Continue prattling on amongst yourselves. Congratulations scum.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Majiffy »

Btw if anyone really dug the flavor and would like to request I do another game focusing on just one of any of the above books, I'd be willing to do so next time I feel like modding.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

Except F&L in Las Vegas, because that dead horse has been kicked enough.

||
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Hi

people should not talk about ongoing games so I don't have to replace out of shit

gg
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 am

Post by Wisdom »

gratz Bulder, strong scumgame.
Lincolm
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Lincolm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

Post by Lincolm »

In post 2624, Fate wrote:Like SE-Asians and IaI are just bleedingly town.
^Comment to this any one?

I voted IaI because Mollie gave me paranoid that Buldermar was town. I would never vote Rem by the way. Rem should have town point for force me replace out.

And sorry, I don't like prod dodge post. And PoE is the strongest tell I can use, because town-hunt is more accurate rather than scum-hunt for me, and Buldermar really proved this meta fucked up. And I voted Buldermar first because Nacho.

GG

My Bodybag, comment something please. :P

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”