NY 164: Maniacal Street Mafia (Anticlimatically finished.)

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4825 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

AP (me) will be V/LA until Friday for a self-imposed site break.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4826 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 4824, mastin2 wrote:
Night Three's deadline is on Tuesday, July 9th, at 12:30 PM, which is in (expired on 2013-07-09 12:30:00).
Whoops. As it just so happens, I forgot that I have a doctor's appointment for today. :P

Deadline will still be on time, but day's opening will be a bit delayed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4827 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Massive apologies for the delay. I should have set the deadline for Monday where I could have started day (close to) on time. My appointment left me quite a bit late. Sorry.

<<< High spirits might not be in plentiful supply, but the citizens are determined not to let that get in their way. I mean, looking outside, it's such a lovely day and night. The weather's gorgeous, there's no clouds, the stars the moon the sun are all shining, and it looks like things will be nice and

*BAM*

...Nice and bright. Sure, there may be a lot of bad things going on, but life would recover sooner or later. There's plenty to look forward to! If they would survive, the citizens would have a lot left to thrive on. The violence in the streets might be insane, but not a challenge impossible to beat. They may be up against demons, and they're not exactly angels themselves, but surely, they can manage to win. They're all happy to

*BAM*

*ahem*

All happy to be a part of this lovely city.

Come daybreak, they knew there would be casualties, but they didn't expect what they were going to see. Dead in her house was the purest of them: she had been sweet, innocent, young, and perhaps naive, which would make the loss of their dear little angel all the more of a tragedy.
ArcAngel9
was not a threat, yet clearly her death was meant as a message.

At the other side of town, the next dead body is found next to his van:
Kublai Khan
has been shot. But...why the heck was he driving a van in the middle of the night? Looking inside reveals the contents of the van: it's clearly meant more as a party van, because there's a luxurious couch along with alcohol and several drugs. But wait...what else is there? Knockout gas? Restraints to tie people? Hmm, maybe looking at the couch closer to see what's on it would b--EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWW, gross!

...NOBODY should have to see that. "Party Van" indeed. Just not the type of party half the members 'invited' to would enjoy.

...Despite the depravity present, searching for any connections to the mafia turns up nothing. No weapons, no notes. He was a harmless wisecracking guy who just so happened to have a dark side--which, given the nature of these findings, was probably meant to be used for good. >>>

ArcAngel9
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night Three
Kublai Khan
Town Jailkeeper
Killed Night Three

Day Four!

Deadline for Day Four is Wednesday, July 31st, at 12:30 PM, which is in (expired on 2013-07-31 12:30:00).
With
alive, it's
to lynch.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4828 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I shot bulbazak. Draw what conclusions from that you will.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4829 (ISO) » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

According to mastin's flavour text I crept in to bulbazak's house and shot at a body in his bed, but it was dark so I couldn't be sure what I was shooting.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Rena
Rena
Goon
Rena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4830 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:31 am

Post by Rena »

Ignore flavour text, it means nothing.

I targetted ThAd and received no result. I believe I may have been blocked or something because when I targetted Bacde on Night Two, I received a nobody targetted him result not no result.
V/LA at the weekend, except for modding duties.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4831 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

VOTE: Bulbazak

Why did we lynch Slandaar while I was gone

whywhywhy
Are you ready for this?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4832 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4831, Human Destroyer wrote:VOTE: Bulbazak

Why did we lynch Slandaar while I was gone

whywhywhy
'cause you weren't here to help us.

Though I do blame myself a bit.

Also pissed at AK for tunneling on KK.

vote:Bulb
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4833 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 am

Post by Bacde »

What a surprise the town lynched someone I did not support the lynch of and they flipped town

Vote: Nachomamma8

I am willing to switch to bulb or AK
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #4834 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

bah.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4835 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Just back, will get back to this later.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4836 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Bulbazak's Hierarchy of Reads (D4)

Town

Rena
ThAdmiral
Nachomamma8
PeregrineV
Cephrir
CrashTextDummy
Desperado

Null/Town (Actually, in this case, call it the "I don't care" pile)

Amethyst Kitty

Null

Human Destroyer

Null/Scum

Bacde
Ffullisade
Penguin_alien

Scum

Seanald
Nero Cain

Went through the ISO for Rena's slot, aside from a few scummy comments from Fuzzy and her panicking about her wagon, I still got a mostly town vibe from her. What especially helped was her paranoid reaction to Nacho upon replacing in, which I have a hard time seeing scum faking.

Going through HD's ISO just left me more confused. My reasons for thinking he might be scum are still there, but there are also several posts that work in his favor town-wise. It doesn't help that he really disappeared as a whole upon replacing his hydra. I'm really curious about his motivation and reasoning at this point, since he's keeping it really close to his chest. Hopefully I can have something more substantial by the end of the day.

Going to work through the null/scum list today. I think I can get them figured out before this cycle is finished.

Meanwhile...
In post 4563, Nero Cain wrote:Slandaar, why would we assume 8 scum?
In post 4696, Nero Cain wrote:No, I agree with Bulb here. I don't really buy Slandaar's excuse that "we should assume the maximum amount of scum" + Scumthez already speculated on there being "7-8 scum"

+ there's atleast one scum in the neighborhoods and Slandaar makes a good bet. CTD might be scum afterall. He's ignoring discussing his neighborhood big time.

vote:Slandaar

Khan
Slandaar
In post 4710, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde

So blue is probs Bulb with one of CTD/Bacde/khan.
In post 4713, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4712, Desperado wrote:
In post 4711, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde

How did you conclude that 1/3 is more likely than 1/4?
I might be wrong here...for some reason I had it in my head that scum were like 30ish% of a game.
Vote Nero Cain

I'll walk people through it if I have to, but I think it should be obvious.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4837 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:30 am

Post by Bacde »

meh maybe I'll lynch nero

I'm surprised that you have me as scum for some reason which doesn't make much sense to me but whatever I'm really not worried about being lynched
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4838 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

Maybe we can try actually lynching scum today?

VOTE: Rena
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4839 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:46 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4837, Bacde wrote: I'm surprised that you have me as scum for some reason which doesn't make much sense to me but whatever I'm really not worried about being lynched
I'm trying to figure you out. Your play is not the same as the town game I've seen. Also, I don't know whether your tunnel on Nacho is town or scum motivated.

Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4840 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Desperado »

Walk me through it Bulb
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4841 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:09 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 4839, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4837, Bacde wrote: I'm surprised that you have me as scum for some reason which doesn't make much sense to me but whatever I'm really not worried about being lynched
I'm trying to figure you out. Your play is not the same as the town game I've seen. Also, I don't know whether your tunnel on Nacho is town or scum motivated.
Well nacho is scum so I'd say town motivated

Seriously, when Bacde has a better track record than nachomamma8 at finding scum in a game its time to start reconsidering your town-read on nacho
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4842 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4563, Nero Cain wrote:Slandaar, why would we assume 8 scum?
Questions 8 scum in a 24 player game (i.e. the 33% scum scenario).
In post 4696, Nero Cain wrote:No, I agree with Bulb here. I don't really buy Slandaar's excuse that "we should assume the maximum amount of scum" + Scumthez already speculated on there being "7-8 scum"
Again questions Slandaar's 33% claim. He also throws in something Thez said (something I had forgot about to be honest) to increase suspicion on Slandaar.
In post 4696, Nero Cain wrote: + there's atleast one scum in the neighborhoods and Slandaar makes a good bet. CTD might be scum afterall. He's ignoring discussing his neighborhood big time.
He uses the neighborhood spec to implicate CTD as scum should Slandaar flip town. This is essentially setting up lynches.
In post 4710, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde

Here he completely reverses his opinion on the number of scum in the game, probably due to the fact that he was being questioned about it by CTD.
In post 4713, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 4712, Desperado wrote:
In post 4711, Nero Cain wrote:yeah, I just did the math. 6 is only 25%. 8 is 33.33333333333%. So 8 is more likely than 6. Slandaar is prob red scum with Cephir and two of Khan/Nacho/Rena/CTD/Bacde

How did you conclude that 1/3 is more likely than 1/4?
I might be wrong here...for some reason I had it in my head that scum were like 30ish% of a game.
He continues to backpedal after you question him on it further, going "Well, I may be wrong...". Essentially, when questioned, he avoided taking a strong stance on the main reason he was lynching Slandaar! Which begs the question, if he really didn't feel strongly about his reasons for being on the wagon, why was he on the wagon in the first place?

P-edit: Bacde, that's a 7for7 fallacy. That does not mean that you're town and Nacho's scum, especially when we're in multiball.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4843 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 4842, Bulbazak wrote:P-edit: Bacde, that's a 7for7 fallacy. That does not mean that you're town and Nacho's scum, especially when we're in multiball.
Just because its a "logical fallacy" (emphasis on quotation marks because it technically can be construed as a fallacy) doesn't make it not true

Just because you can say "thats technically a fallacy" doesn't make my argument incorrect, and it definitely doesn't make you look town

Guess what--not all of my reasoning is founded in "strictly nonfallacious logic", and I still catch scum with it

I caught the shit out of thezmon

And I've caught nacho. He's scum.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4844 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:23 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 4841, Bacde wrote:Seriously, when Bacde has a better track record than nachomamma8 at finding scum in a game its time to start reconsidering your town-read on nacho
Notice how the post never says "nacho is definitely scum because Bacde has caught more scum than nacho"

So I didn't even make a 7for7 fallacy

All I'm doing is pointing out that you should consider POSSIBLY reconsidering your read on nacho

I'd say its a pretty strong argument for reconsidering your town read on nacho
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4845 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am

Post by Bacde »

I never made the argument that I am town BECAUSE I caught scum

or that Nacho is scum BECAUSE he hasn't

But we KNOW that someone here is scum, and I don't understand why you think its SO UNLIKELY to be nacho
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4846 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 am

Post by Bacde »

Seriously I get really annoyed when I invest part of my emotionality into a post and all I get are responses like "logical fallacy" or "AtE"

Its like, did you seriously respond to me with THAT LITTLE effort and just completely ignore the SUBSTANCE behind my post?
ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4847 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 am

Post by ffullisade »

In post 4775, Bulbazak wrote:Simplified Slandaar case:

1.) He has been doing very little scumhunting in thread. CTD says he's been doing a lot in their QT, but that still does not excuse the lack of scumhunting in the actual thread.

2.) His biggest case, which was on PV, was actually originally a case against ThAd using PV's predecessor. When it was pointed out that DLG was not ThAd's slot, Slandaar's reaction was, "Case still applies.". After the ThAd wagon fell through, he then turns around and uses the same case against PV. That's not scumhunting. That's being lazy and trying to get a lynch at all costs.

3.) He slipped and revealed that there were actually 2 teams of 4 scum in this game, rather than 2 teams of 3 scum, as everyone else was supposing. If Slandaar had come to this conclusion naturally, as others had suggested, do you not think that he would have brought it up beforehand, say when Bacde was going on about lynching the last blue scum?

4.) His reasons for thinking so are completely false. He first said that it was because he had PV and Desp. as part of the blue scum team, ignoring how such a suggestion would be unbalanced given the setup and the amount of neighborhoods. He then said that he just had a lot of scum reads, and therefore came to the conclusion of 8 scum. However, wouldn't town in that situation think, "I have too many scumreads. Some of them might be wrong." instead of "I have too many scum reads. There must be more scum in the game."?

5.) When I confronted him about him not scumhunting and pushing his scumreads, he responded with "I can't make people do anything.". This is hypocritical, since he has been trying to call me scum for saying similar things all game.

6.) After I called him out on the neighborhood lie, he then misrepped my argument and tried to paint it as me saying it was unfair, rather than unbalanced. It doesn't matter than I never talked about the fairness of it at all, he still pushed it, and was able to build up my wagon on it. Again,
it was a misrep as an attempt to get me lynched
, and it is scummy.
Hi bulba. fery here. Has this case turning out to be on a town player caused you to rethink anything about the game? If so, what?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4848 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4847, ffullisade wrote: Hi bulba. fery here. Has this case turning out to be on a town player caused you to rethink anything about the game? If so, what?
Two things:

1.) I should really stay away from setup spec. I tend to suck at it. (Doesn't stop me from trying unfortunately. :( )

2.) My reads are probably askew somewhere. I'm not sure what to think about you and Bacde anymore, especially after your posts at the end of d3. I was getting some genuine emotion from you. Same goes for HD, who, after going through his ISO, still confuses me when it comes to the intent behind his actions. AK essentially sucker punched me yesterday, so I'm not quite sure where I stand on her. I suspect that she's town, but I'm not sure whether I really care if she lives or dies at this point. I'm just going to leave her alone. Finally, Slandaar's flip has made me really paranoid about CTD. He still reads town to me, but he's not as strong of a townread as he used to be. I still have 2 strong scum reads, which I still trust. However, if I end up being wrong about them, then town might as well put me out of my misery, because I am obviously no use to them.

@Bacde: I still have Nacho as a strong townread, especially after the way he stepped in at the end of the day yesterday. Scum could have just hung back and coasted, but Nacho chose to stick up for his townreads. I just can't see scum doing that.

ffullisade
ffullisade
Goon
ffullisade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4849 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by ffullisade »

In post 4848, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4847, ffullisade wrote: Hi bulba. fery here. Has this case turning out to be on a town player caused you to rethink anything about the game? If so, what?
Two things:

1.) I should really stay away from setup spec. I tend to suck at it. (Doesn't stop me from trying unfortunately. :( )

2.) My reads are probably askew somewhere. I'm not sure what to think about you and Bacde anymore, especially after your posts at the end of d3. I was getting some genuine emotion from you. Same goes for HD, who, after going through his ISO, still confuses me when it comes to the intent behind his actions. AK essentially sucker punched me yesterday, so I'm not quite sure where I stand on her. I suspect that she's town, but I'm not sure whether I really care if she lives or dies at this point. I'm just going to leave her alone. Finally, Slandaar's flip has made me really paranoid about CTD. He still reads town to me, but he's not as strong of a townread as he used to be. I still have 2 strong scum reads, which I still trust. However, if I end up being wrong about them, then town might as well put me out of my misery, because I am obviously no use to them.

@Bacde: I still have Nacho as a strong townread, especially after the way he stepped in at the end of the day yesterday. Scum could have just hung back and coasted, but Nacho chose to stick up for his townreads. I just can't see scum doing that.
There's a rigidity to your reads list that is kind of worrisome. When I saw your list first thing today after your case on Slaandar turned out so wrong I really wasn't sure what to make of it not changing much (if at all).

I'm not sure if "you" means "you the hydra" or "you fferyllt" re genuine emotion. My contribution to the ffullisade gestalt has been pretty filtered due to the huge mountain of day 1 posts that I'll never fully explore or grasp the way someone reading the thread in real time has. Neither of us were happy with the lynch, but the town read was primarily Mollie's because she's played with him before.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”