Policy Discussion: Banning Players

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:57 pm

Post by mikehart »

mith wrote:
1. Do you feel experience requirements are acceptable in Large (Theme/Normal) games?
1. Yes. Personally I think large games tend to be overwhelming for newbies. With so many people making so many posts newbies are more likely to not read all the posts and therefore make poor decisions/posts and be yelled at for it. I think a good experience limit would be at least two minis for normals and at least one of them themed for theme games. And as others have said, its up to the mod.
mith wrote:
2. If so, do you think they would be appropriate for other types of games, such as Mini Theme games?
2. No. Minis are a good for transition from newbie games to full scale games or even for cutting your teeth on. Now for an elaborate mini with very advanced mechanics I think an experience requirement would be a good idea but less strict then large games. And again up to mod.
mith wrote:
3. Should Mods be allowed to ban specific players from their games?
3. Yes. In my opinion the mod is god in their game. If the mod doesn't want a particular person in their game then its their decision. Remember, we are talking about something that a person put a lot of thought into. Its their creation. In my opinion if you create it you should have total and utter control over it.
mith wrote:
4. If so, what reasons are acceptable for doing so?
4. Any reason the mod wants. If the player denied access has a problem they need to figure out why the mod banned them and rectify it. Why should the mod care if that player is pissed off. Its not the mods job to make sure that particular player doesn't have their feelings hurt. People who would have a problem need to sit back and realize the world does not revolve around them. People get their feelings hurt. Its a fact of life. And as my favorite saying goes, "Cry me a river, build a f***ing bridge, and get the f*** over it."

And yes I am a heartless jaded a**hole.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:24 am

Post by mikehart »

Thestatusquo wrote:
3. Should Mods be allowed to ban specific players from their games?

Yes. A mods game is their kingdom. Just as they should be allowed to modkill and set rules at their discretion, they should be able to oversee the signups at their discretion.

4. If so, what reasons are acceptable for doing so?

Anything. What the mod decides for their game should be law. If a mod wants to ban all players with a name begining in "R" from their game, then they should have that right. It may be a bit stupid, but so are a lot of things that happen in a game of mafia. My main point is that the mod should be the sole determining factor of who plays in their game, and in what capacity.
QFT
Mr. Flay wrote:I do. I think all of this "the mod's game is their kingdom" stuff is counter to the mission of this site, which is to provide quality Online Mafia games for all comers. If mod's have ultimate authority over their games, why do we have Moderation Queues? Why do we sometimes require games to be reviewed? Why do you think mith set up the first-come-first-served criterion for queues in the first place? If we go down that route, I believe we'll rapidly balkanize into cliques and mod abuse and becoming newbie unfriendly.
What about a large normal or theme? For both mods are responsible for their own sign-ups and the like.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”