TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Thanks guys. :] As for the vote counts, was there anyone who did have a problem with them being at the top of the pages or at the top of someone's post? I figured that might be the biggest issue. Also, did anyone use the links on the OP, or was that just kind of there? Were my VC's organized enough, or was there something particularly confusing about them? Any criticism is helpful. I'd like to mod a newbie game, but before doing so I want to know that my modding is organized and agreeable with the players.

I forgot to say that the two flavors from night four and day five are completed now. Aaaaand, I still don't have the time to sit down and make a post talking about each of you. Will get to that soon.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Completed Games: 18

Ongoing Games: 0

Town: 8-5

Scum: 2-2

Currently Modding: 0

~Currently on a hiatus of an indefinite time period~
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by Jal »

I personally don't mind the vote counts within the first post at the top, but it might be confusing for someone in a newbie game that might not be used to that. Other than that, it was all great for me. One of the most important things is being an active mod, which you already are.
Blastoide
Blastoide
Goon
Blastoide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Blastoide »

I agree with Jal. An active mod is the best thing players can have and that's what you are. The links in the beginning are really cool and I like them, however if that's too much work for you, then you don't have to do them. I personally just looked at them, but I never actually used them often.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

In post 977, Blastoide wrote:I agree with Jal. An active mod is the best thing players can have and that's what you are. The links in the beginning are really cool and I like them, however if that's too much work for you, then you don't have to do them. I personally just looked at them, but I never actually used them often.
Funny thing is I made them for you guys, but I ended up using the links constantly. If I choose to continue doing the VC's at the top of the pages, I may skip doing links to those, though.

@Jal: That's what I was thinking. I guess I'll ask Singer and if she's okay with it, then I may just PM all of the players asking which they prefer: VC's at the top but possibly on someone's post, or PM's spread out through the page.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Bah, sorry guys. I forgot to post the night actions. I added it to this post.

I'm just going to comment on the people who really stood out to me (whether good or bad). If I don't talk about you and you'd like me to, feel free to ask me to include you!

Venmar:
You were so incredibly obvious town it was sad. You got really lucky with Saywer forgetting his protect and thinking it was on you (though, I don't think you would have been lynched either way...). I don't really have any criticism for you. You were active, you were fun, you were obv-town. Fantastic job!

Jal:
I remember thinking you were pretty obv-town, too. Unfortunately, I can't remember all the way back to day one, though, so all I can say is to keep doing what you did. You were town, and had you lived longer, you probably would have been a great asset for the town.

Mala:
Your LyLo play was good. I didn't really know where you were going to put your vote. I thought for sure you'd have gone for Klick, but you kept second guessing it. Unpredictability can be good in LyLo. Prevents the scum from knowing what's up your sleeves. I think your meta on Klick was great and - like someone else said - had you pushed it a bit further, you could have gotten a pretty solid case going. You were pretty town-looking all game as well, so definitely keep that up.

PM:
Your doc claim was pretty out of nowhere. I think it would have been more beneficial to wait for the wagon to drop on you (it was very early in the day, so it was bound to happen) and wait for another opportunity to claim. Though, it was definitely good that you claimed before being asked to do so. For some reason people pair that with town-cred. I also think once you were claimed you could have been a bit more active, but that's just me. The inactivity definitely worked in your favor: you weren't tied to Klick, you didn't give any information out, and you couldn't be seen as suspicious for doing so considering you were uncounterclaimed at the time. I think under the circumstances you did the appropriate thing, and you did an excellent job. I'd have been more active and involving, but that probably would have bit me in the ass, so keep up the good work!

Dry-fit:
My advice: activity and tunneling. Pick up the activity definitely. You got much better towards the end, but if you're inactive you aren't going to leave a lasting impact on the game. Which could result in someone thinking you're scummy for no other reason than you'd flown under the radar. And in this case (with a lot of people wanting to lynch you in the early days), I think boosting your activity would have helped one hundred fold. As for tunneling, I said this in the Dead QT. It's something I do as well, but try and avoid going into the, "X is scummy. But I need to rethink the game and figure out who is scum, X or Y. But X is scum. So Y can't be scum. But I feel like I should still consider Y even though I'm not considering Y." It's an irrational loop that a lot of people seem to fall prey to. Being one of those people, I'd suggest to try and rid yourself of that. It'll help you out a whole lot more in situations such as LyLo. As for the good, I think you were logical, and you did a good job asking questions and responding to people. You had the qualities of town. I just think they would have been better recognized if you were more active.

Klick:
I loved your play. Especially in LyLo. You were just fantastic, and you definitely deserved the win. You were active, asked questions, responded well. You were logical, you pretended to be conflicted on people very well. You had all of the qualities of town. That was seen in your LyLo play. You were focusing solely on convincing the others of your being town (a scummy thing to do, especially in LyLo), and it was still seen as townish. That's just a whole new level of good. You worked great with PM, you had everything planned out. You were just the perfect player. The only thing I'd offer advice on is the trying to convince others of your townishness. Pulling out your case on Mala could have won you the game much quicker, and you'd have been seen as more townish than you already were.

PS: I loved your gambits. They were awesome. (see post 110 in the Dead QT)

Sawyer:
Oh my god, I was cracking up when you were pushing for the PM lynch (before you claimed). It was so amusing that everyone kept shooting you down, saying that he was the uncounterclaimed doctor, and it was silly to put suspicion on him. I think your play was phenomenal. You looked so incredibly town. You unintentionally inhibited the scum when you forgot who you protected. I think claiming earlier would have been the better idea, but I know a few people told you not to counter claim. I just think you were a very good player who had some unlucky and lucky circumstances befall him. Great job.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 979, TraceyLyn11 wrote:If I don't talk about you and you'd like me to, feel free to ask me to include you!

Do me. I like hearing what people think of my play so that I can improve it later.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 am

Post by guille2015 »

I really liked this game Tracey. Not only that. I am not particularly bummed out that we lost, mostly because it was an exceptional game mafia played.

One thing that gets me thought. Mafia had day talk? I thought they did not.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:50 am

Post by Malakittens »

Thanks Tracey. Loved the feedback on the play since it will help me improve later on.

You modded a great game and I loved the setup! I normally love the mod doing the VC posts, but the links you provided helped when trying to do VC analysis.

Thanks for letting me replace in!

Sorry about the lost guys, I second guessed gut because it was off in another finished game so I thought it was a bit offley. I should have waited before voting too since that Wws my downfall, but I was worried about the deadline approaching.
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:21 am

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

@Guille: Thanks! I'll make yours when I get home later. The scum did not have daytalk. Before game started I was dumb and gave the scum 72 hours (i.e. a usual night's length) in the QT. Oh well. I don't think it impacted the game in any major way.

@Mala: Thank you! And thanks for offering to replace. It was nice that I think I only had to actually search for one replacement this game. The rest contacted me themselves!
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Totally forgot to do yours, Guille. I don't have time now, so I'll leave this as another reminder for myself. :P
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

For the links in the OP, I love it when mods make links to lynches and day starts and use those often. I don't use vote count links though.

Also I was going to say don't forget to reveal night actions but it looks like you edited them in.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
TraceyLyn11
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
TraceyLyn11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by TraceyLyn11 »

Thanks Dry-fit!

Guille, sorry this is taking so ridiculously long. I was just about to start, but my computer chose to shut down (it's on it's way to breaking). I'll try to get to it later tonight on my mom's laptop, or else when we get the other conputer (just got it back from the shop) set up - which should be fairly soon.
Show
A WILD
CHARIZARD
APPEARED!

guille2015
guille2015