The Knight-Errant
Goon
The Knight-Errant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by The Knight-Errant »

Vote Count 1.22

Katarina LeBlanc (4) - notscience, Concombre, Shattered Viewpoint, The Purple Rose
Shattered Viewpoint (4) - Abdelrahman, oriole, Katarina LeBlanc, PeregrineV
Abdelrahman (2) - meeps, Fegelein
Baldrick (2) - Metal Sonic, Human Destroyer
dopog (1) - Baldrick
EddieFenix (1) - dopog
Metal Sonic (1) - beastcharizard

Not Voting (3) - EddieFenix, Evil Regals, KX

Countdown: (expired on 2013-08-12 11:00:00).

18 alive, 10 to lynch.
Last edited by The Knight-Errant on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
A modding hydra account of Alduskkel and Lady Lambdadelta.
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 547, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 490, notscience wrote:Katarina is probsscum

She wrote a paragraph just for me to say null
And you are not disputing one sentence of what she wrote? So her interpretation is, to your mind, an accurate one of you?
Nah

I'm just too lazy to waste my time refuting a scum's case
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

In post 539, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:Well notscience, you get a paragraph because you use shitposting as a guise to immediately say that you're town.

You call it baiting and everyone seems to enjoy the idea of it. You say that you're town aligned yet you've not given anyone any reason to see so. Likewise with a scum tell. The reason you leaned towards scummy is because you buddied Abdel back there. ISO him, do it. His posts are scummy.

I don't know what forum mafia game you play to post faulty reads like those and not be scum.

You tell me how Abdel is clean. Go on.
Notscience is still town. Shitposting isn't a scum tell because both alignments do it. It's null.

I agree him not giving reads out suck, but there's other people who haven't done the same and you aren't calling them out for it.

Buddying is not a scum tell.
Have
you
ever considered that, perhaps, maybe,
I am
good?
I was always the Queen, it was
you
who added "Evil" to my name.

Alter Ego: Malakittens
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

In post 540, beastcharizard wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Metal Sonic

Explain the actions of your predecessor please.
What the hell is this shit? Are you baiting him into doing an amished tell?
Have
you
I am
good?
you

Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

In post 548, PeregrineV wrote:Katrina wagon a no-go.

Vote: shattered viewpoint
Why not?

Why the vote?

Don't be so vague, please enlighten us, tia.
Have
you
I am
good?
you

Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by Fegelein »

ER, are you an alt?
COMING SOON: Insurgency Emergency, a 13p Mini Normal game! Don't miss it.
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:04 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

In post 555, Fegelein wrote:ER, are you an alt?
This came up on one of my games. If I'm an alt I'm not saying. If I'm from another site I'm not saying. Asking me will get you no where.
Have
you
I am
good?
you

EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 552, Evil Regals wrote: Buddying is not a scum tell.
Bullshit it isn't. Scum will use it to try and be less threatening to a player(s). Town will do it too, but a lot of times, it is a scum tell.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

*facepalm* This is just BAAAAAAAD, BC...
Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Fegelein »

In post 556, Evil Regals wrote:
This came up on one of my games. If I'm an alt I'm not saying. If I'm from another site I'm not saying. Asking me will get you no where.
Well, I want to see if your meta is usually like this.
COMING SOON: Insurgency Emergency, a 13p Mini Normal game! Don't miss it.
Evil Regals
Evil Regals
Goon
Evil Regals
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by Evil Regals »

In post 559, Fegelein wrote:
In post 556, Evil Regals wrote:
Well, I want to see if your meta is usually like this.
As I said in Cold Stone. If I'm an alt of this site my main won't be shown. If I'm an alt from another site no links will be given. Whatever meta you need can be found from my last two completed games.
Have
you
I am
good?
you

notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 557, EddieFenix wrote:
Bullshit it isn't. Scum will use it to try and be less threatening to a player(s). Town will do it too, but a lot of times, it is a scum tell.

You jsut said it's a null tell

beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Why is that post bad? I genuinely want to know how MS is going to explain Vifam's actions or the lack there of.
EddieFenix
EddieFenix
Goon
EddieFenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:53 pm

Post by EddieFenix »

In post 561, notscience wrote:
In post 557, EddieFenix wrote:

You jsut said it's a null tell

I explained how both sides can/will do it. But, more typically, it's a thing that scum will do.

p-edit
beastcharizard wrote:Why is that post bad? I genuinely want to know how MS is going to explain Vifam's actions or the lack there of.
Because you are voting him as soon as he gets into the game. I can understand a slot being considered scummy. BUT, let's see if his actions can/can't redeem that slot
Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

This reeks of scum. Or idiocy. Let's go with scum, for now:

unvote

Vote: beastcharizard
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

hello PO!!!!!!

got a pretty nice role here gonna catch up now
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Post by The Purple Rose »

In post 546, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 488, The Purple Rose wrote:"I wouldn't mind being lynched" and then there comes a huge ass post which gives "reads". That whole first line is one heap of suppressed nervosity. And I know that this is the easiest way to calm those nerves and show the town you are really trying! It's insincere, obviously. Either as scum or as town you are trying to work yourself out of a lynch, easily the first goal of that post. Those reads are just a tool.
So you believe those are sincere reads?
You seem to have some trouble reading.

No.

Also, the way the SV wagon forms, people are just way too happy they can make a counterwagon. It's a terrible wagon IMO, the reasons people used to hop on are all different, and none holds really well. It's a wagon, because some people like there to be a wagon on "someone else".
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

In post 528, Evil Regals wrote: Also, the way the SV wagon forms, people are just way too happy they can make a counterwagon. It's a terrible wagon IMO, the reasons people used to hop on are all different, and none holds really well. It's a wagon, because some people like there to be a wagon on "someone else".
Well SV's posts are incredibly scummy at this point of the game. He just jumped on Beast's "wagon" as everyone hinted that his immediate Metal Sonic vote was pretty bad. We're past RVS and he's just jumping on bandwagons that the more town oriented players are trying to lift up. No, this does not include you, notscience.

I believe that he should be lynched out today.
Shattered Viewpoint
, that is.
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 pm

Obviously you do. He's your counterwagon.

And somehow I'm a little confused why you think a three year old player would repeatedly and purposefully shift wagons with little reason as scum. I can tell you straight away, it's going to get reactions. Nobody likes being voted, and OMGUS feelings are real. Scum don't play this flashy without having "reasons" for their votes they can fall back on when they are attacked on a vote. There's no backup plan if you vote without reasons.

Hence, SV is playing reckless. And scum don't do that unless they are newbies. SV is not a newby, and scum is flocking to a townie that's playing reckless, an ideal counterwagon for them. It's a bad wagon.
Katarina LeBlanc
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Katarina LeBlanc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Post by Katarina LeBlanc »

In post 568, The Purple Rose wrote:Obviously you do. He's your counterwagon.

And somehow I'm a little confused why you think a three year old player would repeatedly and purposefully shift wagons with little reason as scum. I can tell you straight away, it's going to get reactions. Nobody likes being voted, and OMGUS feelings are real. Scum don't play this flashy without having "reasons" for their votes they can fall back on when they are attacked on a vote. There's no backup plan if you vote without reasons.

Hence, SV is playing reckless. And scum don't do that unless they are newbies. SV is not a newby, and scum is flocking to a townie that's playing reckless, an ideal counterwagon for them. It's a bad wagon.
So you're saying by having a scumread on him
before
there was an empty band wagon on me was scummy. It's somewhat annoying that you entertain not wanting to tunnel me yet you're doing so now.

I'm not targeting newbie players, I'm going for those who post the scummiest. You're simply biting notscience's bone by implying that these players are new, hence they can act and post scummy.
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I don't want to tunnel, you guys are forcing me to. That's my complaint.

SV is all but new. That's the point. He plays a reckless game as a non-newbie. Hence he knows what he's doing and you do not, otherwise you wouldn't vote him for it. Experienced scum do not play reckless on purpose in the grand majority of cases.

Or you knew all this and he's just a convenient target for you to relief pressure.
The Purple Rose
The Purple Rose
Goon
The Purple Rose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:36 am

The other curious thing is the abdel wagon to me. He's not the strongest player. People like him don't live long in general, and if he's town, at some point scum will harvest the doubt that's sown on such a person. If we assume abdel is town, it's not unheard of that scum let him stay in the game for a little. He's hardly a threat to anyone, the way the reads come out and it is very nice to have a mislynchable townie left at a later stage of the game.

The fact that while public opinion was rather against him, the wagon didn't advance that quickly or far, and since mostly disappeared makes me suspicious that the above is indeed going on. Which means I suspect there were scum who intentionally kept away from the wagon and buddied abdel not with the goal that he'd like them and wouldn't vote them, but to keep him in the game for a later day. A couple of pages into the game now, I think it's time to have a look who are the scum.
In post 78, beastcharizard wrote:I am going to keep my vote on Fegelein. He didn't like my RVS reason, which was obvious RVS, so he pegs me as scum? It was my understanding that RVS was supposed to be some whack reason to vote someone and I did just that but apparently only I am suspicious for doing it.

Adbel is acting pretty scummy right now I can agree with that. I do not know if they have ever played forum mafia before though. I myself have never seen them play a game so I have no clue if they have a meta to base their reactions off of or not.

I think notscience's vote on themselves is really weird too. It might be a ploy to distract from the fact that they are scum. Kind of like the idiot approach, which doesn't work by the way. I can't say I have seen more scummy things from them in my point of view but self-voting is by far the weirdest thing I have seen in this thread making them a slight-scum read to me.

I would like to see more from KX and I am very interested in seeing how the people who haven't confirmed are going to reply to the thread thus far.

I know Fegelein and he asked me to join the game. I have played here before though so i am not sure how "new" that makes me. Also, most of the "new" people play forum mafia on a different forums. I am not saying which one because I do not want to advertise.
In post 133, Fegelein wrote:
In post 130, The Purple Rose wrote:
In post 105, Abdelrahman wrote:Dat OMGUS vote. Even more proof you're scum, Concombre.

I'm not being aggressive cuz I'm still new to NOC, so I don't wanna mess up.
This hurts my eyes. It's ok to make an "oh my god you suck" vote when indeed your vote on concombre sucked...

I am slightly surprised by fege's reason for suspecting me. I wasn't aware I was in the back seat, given that I called out abdel twice and that's the leading wagon now. I'm not sneaking my way onto it.

I'm still happy with my vote, naturally.
You backseat scumhunted in your post against Vifam. Also, Abdel already had votes.

Also, just want to make this crystal clear:
ABDEL BANDWAGONING ME IS NOT SCUMMY. IT'S AN RVS WAGON, I DON'T MIND BEING BANDWAGONED EARLY GAME, BECAUSE SOMEBODY HAS TO AND IT GETS US SOME INFORMATION.

But yeah, the rest of Abdel's play is very scummy for reasons I've made clear in my interactions with him and reasons that would just be parroting.
I won't switch to him yet because I don't want people to pre-maturely hammer him, and the fact that I'd like to hear more from Beast.

The rest of Katrina's post is pretty good, a little bit recycled, but with that many votes on the Abdel wagon, it's slightly understandable.
In post 146, Vifam wrote:Abdel wagon isn't bad but he comes off as just some guy that's really nervous to me, tbh
Vifam is more outspoken, this is either more confident scum, or just town. This doesn't feel as bad.
While obviously NS looks worse because of this again.
In post 156, KX wrote:Hello my fellow players, I know you've missed me in my absence, but I believe I can finally grace you with my presence!

First off, not strictly relevant, but this is actually my seventh game here on mafiascum, 8 is you count a marathon game. Of those seven, I subbed out of one early on, so really doesn't count, was force subbed out of a second since I couldn't keep up, and subbed into one late game. So yeah, I think I count as being a player on this site, though it's true I probably wouldn't have joined this if not for Fege.

Moving along, posts #132 and #133 are interesting to me.
ABDEL BANDWAGONING ME IS NOT SCUMMY. IT'S AN RVS WAGON, I DON'T MIND BEING BANDWAGONED EARLY GAME, BECAUSE SOMEBODY HAS TO AND IT GETS US SOME INFORMATION.
Specifically, what about this I don't like is that some of the information we get from the wagon which fegelein talks about
is
that abdel is scummy, and yet fegelein uses the fact that abdel gave us information that he was scummy as a reason for why he isn't scummy. This is just exceptionally poor logic, and I'm curious as to if there's an explanation.

Also in #132,
An annoying part of this game is that majority of the first 6 pages of posts are stupid fluffy posts.
QFT.

@Vifam,
10 bucks says KX is scum also
at the time of that post, I had a total of one post in the game. As far as I can tell, the inactivity is the only thing you could use for the read. I'm not certain about others (can be if you wish) but I know for sure that the same could be said of at least HD, so why make a post about me? The only thing I can think of was myself being mentioned in another post recently, where it was said that the person would like to hear more from me. If that's it, then my question becomes why only evaluate players called out by others, not the entire game?

Also, to comment on some other events, while I find Abdel's behavior to be quite scummy, as far as I know, regardless of alignment he tends to think of himself first, and not be the most thoughtful or experienced on in the bunch, and so can't get a read on him yet. What I want to know is why others of the "group" have failed to mentioned this fact.

Oh yeah, VOTE: notscience, you've proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you're here, do something. I've played with you before, you aren't this fucking bad. Same goes for Vifam to an extent, though at least they've shown a few opinions, and no meta I believe.
In post 230, EddieFenix wrote:
In post 225, Abdelrahman wrote:OK, so apparently people are still moaning and targeting me for my reaction to people trying to lynch me, here's my explanation:

Now, you see, the thing I mostly hate about Mafia is how people jump on other people who react to something minor angrily. The reason I reacted this way is because I didn't wanna get lynched. Being lynched d1 sucks ass, and I think everyone should know that, especially when being an important town role. So if not wanna get lynched is scummy, fucking sue me...Or even better, hammer me, I don't care anymore. I didn't know that not getting want to be lynched d1 was scummy for you guys.
Alright Abel, I'll bite. Mainly because I wanna hear you out. Who do you think is scummy and why?
In post 249, Fegelein wrote:Baldrick minorly buddies me but it's nothing horrific.
RVS can be scummy if you vote them for a reason that is very poor
Oh good, did I sabotage that potential fakeclaim from you?
#194 made me PMPL it is so scummy.
Note that Evil Regals is very over-defensive and is only asking questions. To answer, asking questions is not scummy, though simply sitting back and doing nothing but that is sitting in the backseat.
Oriole's analysis is OK.
Eddie is Town.
dopog lurks again, with shallow, sloppy reads.
can't be bothered commenting on the stuff that happened before KX's posts, already been done appropriately.
God, KX is giving me the Spanish Inquistion here. But anyway, I was honestly expecting myself to get more votes. I was aware of the bandwagon would die eventually which is why I was calm. It doesn't mean scum can't do the same or someone over-reacting to a wagon is not Town.
Abdel's #222 made me lol.

@225 from Abdel: It doesn't, but it shows an element of over-protectiveness.
I really like Regals's meta search, very town move imo.
"Fegelein isn't a force for the good in this game, regardless of his allignment." That was random.
Abdel's read list is lol.
Katarina noticed a HUGE breadcrumb that I missed, I'll put her leaning Town since her posts haven't rung any bells yet.
Abdel is making me lol.

Marquis gets thrown into the town list for good arguments and gut feeling.

I'll make my reads list after I catch-up in my other game.
conclusion
It's a bit of a big pool to find scum in. Beastcharizard, NS, stay off in a way that could go either way easily. Esspecially Fegelein stays off in a scummy way. KX was not on my radar but definately earned a spot.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:22 am

Post by oriole »

In post 484, Katarina LeBlanc wrote:I enjoy this bandwagon

vote Katarina LeBlanc
I can't decide if I dislike the vote itself or passing it off as getting carried away gambiting more.

Purple Rose, I absolutely disagree with your defense of Shattered Viewpoint based on him playing recklessly as a non-newbie.

More tonight when I'm not on my phone.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Concombre
Concombre
Townie
Concombre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:25 am

Post by Concombre »

I can't decide who I want to lynch more: Beast or Katarina. Beast's instant vote on Metal Sonic was a complete cop-out of sticking to a scumread on someone else, and the vote on MS was completely unnecessary anyway. But I hate that selfvote gambit so much.
"S'il vous plaît ne me mangez pas, car je ne suis qu'un concombre."
— Chinese proverb

Concombre
Concombre
Townie
Concombre
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 am

Post by Concombre »

Shit, Eddie is getting worse and worse too...

<marquis>

<marquis>
"S'il vous plaît ne me mangez pas, car je ne suis qu'un concombre."
— Chinese proverb

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”