Open 511: Diffusion of Power: (Mod Abandoned)

Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:21 am

Post by Saki »

In post 749, Titus wrote:
In post 745, oriole wrote:
In post 735, Titus wrote:I think both of those reasons Paschendale. Opportunism was appropriate because he was voting a lot to show he cannot be read.
You have like actual examples of Saki using his vote to prevent himself from being read?
I haven't seen Saki play as scum yet, and I haven't seen this behavior before.

Open 512 broke the record for most postings. Be thankful I'm not using it because your actions in 512 made sense.
I obviously have to play in one consistent straight-set playstyle in every game I play
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:35 am

Post by oriole »

In post 749, Titus wrote:
In post 745, oriole wrote:
In post 735, Titus wrote:I think both of those reasons Paschendale. Opportunism was appropriate because he was voting a lot to show he cannot be read.
You have like actual examples of Saki using his vote to prevent himself from being read?
I haven't seen Saki play as scum yet, and I haven't seen this behavior before.

Open 512 broke the record for most postings. Be thankful I'm not using it because your actions in 512 made sense.
Is that last part directed at me?

Also, I'm asking you to show examples
in this game.
Oriole and Oreo, they look similar. I'll probably respond to both.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 750, Saki wrote:I obviously have to play in one consistent straight-set playstyle in every game I play
If you're arguing that you don't have to do that, why are you arguing that I do?
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 am

Post by Saki »

because your name isnt saki?
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:51 am

Post by Titus »

@Oriole, the last part was directed at Saki. I forgot that part. Saki said why not use 512's meta. My comments about 512 were in response to that.

Look at 547 to 559 for the weird voting pattern by Saki. That makes me think Saki's deliberately trying hard not to be read. Especially look at 559. My frustration with Saki's illogical, non-coherent play is most evident.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

@Zmuffinman: If saki is town I would have to re-evaluate my reads.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 710, Paschendale wrote:Mnemonic should know better than to call for a quicklynch. Let me guess, that's a joke too, right?
Umm... yes. :facepalm:
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 733, Baezu wrote:Still not liking the MD quicklynch suggestion. Can people please weigh in on him?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Goon
Taskmaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 pm

Post by Taskmaster »

Here's what I think, would a scum player literally say "lets quickhammer" out in the open while not in lylo?

Better case needed
Hydra of notscience and DoctorPepper. Yes, seriously.
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Goon
Taskmaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Taskmaster »

In post 730, Paschendale wrote:
In post 718, Taskmaster wrote:I checked a game he just finished with NS, he did the similar "oh he flipped town and I thought he was scum hm" bit, as well as attack people who called him scum.
So you have to rely on lies and misreps to make a case on me? You failed to glean the actual examples of my playstyle from both your examples. I stand by my reads that I thought were genuine, even if they were wrong. I don't cave and apologize, because they were valid based on available evidence. That's something I do as town and as scum. And I do not "attack people who call me scum." I attack people who make bad cases, regardless of who they're about. That's what good town does.
Scum,
meanwhile, lies and distorts the truth in order to lynch townies, which is what you're doing.
Bad town
does it too, only because they're stupid and not because they're lying.
Which are you
?
Are you seriously trying to call a claimed cop scum?
Lynch this plz, kthnx.

FTR, our case made sense. Your actions yesterday made us want to investigate you and the only reason we used an investigation on oriole instead of you was because of oriole's opposition of the "breaking mechanic" here and his agreement to a breaking mechanic in a Hard Boiled set up we were also in.
We're calling you out for the whole "I thought he'd flip scum" thing because
It justifies your role in the mislynch[/] while being an unnecessary statement because if you were on the wagon , unless you stated otherwise then its assumed that whoever you're voting, that person is scum to you.

ns
Taskmaster
Taskmaster
Goon
Taskmaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Post by Taskmaster »

The weird thing is your analysis of Saki looks like you think he is scum, but you conclude by saying he is town.
In post 747, Paschendale wrote:Saki, that is probably the single most retarded vote I've ever seen anyone make. Why are people voting for me based on wrong assertions about my meta, and the weird assumption that different means scum?
Why me? Fucking fry me. You're being voted because you're being scummy.
Voodoo Lady
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:15 am

Post by Voodoo Lady »

VOTE COUNT 2.3
TMTOLBTWNTOF - 0
Baezu - 2 (N64Lord, Paschendale)
oriole - 0
N64Lord - 0
Paschendale - 2 (Taskmaster, Saki)
Saki - 3 (Titus, oriole, mnemonicdevice)
zMuffinMan - 0
mnemonicdevice - 1 (Baezu)
Titus - 0
NoctanNights - 0
Taskmaster - 0
Not Voting - TMTOLBTWNTOF, zMuffinMan, Titus, NoctanNights

Six players are needed to form a majority.

The deadline is midnight August 29th-- 10 days from now.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:41 am

Post by oriole »

I don't know what I'm doing with my vote.

UNVOTE:
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:29 am

Post by Baezu »

Neither do I.

UNVOTE:

Though Task's case on Pasch is pretty good.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 759, Taskmaster wrote:Are you seriously trying to call a claimed cop scum?
Lynch this plz, kthnx.
This is diffusion of power. Everyone is a PR. And everyone is one shot, so it's not difficult at all for scum to fake a claim. It's really easy to get a confirmed townread when you're scum. Your claim carries exactly zero weight. Tell ya what, if I claim, am I automatically cleared, too?
FTR, our case made sense. Your actions yesterday made us want to investigate you and the only reason we used an investigation on oriole instead of you was because of oriole's opposition of the "breaking mechanic" here and his agreement to a breaking mechanic in a Hard Boiled set up we were also in.
It justifies your role in the mislynch[/] while being an unnecessary statement because if you were on the wagon , unless you stated otherwise then its assumed that whoever you're voting, that person is scum to you.
No, your case does not make sense. You're attacking me for genuinely believing in my cases day 1, despite them turning out to be wrong. You should be worried if I were tossing my vote around WITHOUT seriously thinking it's in the right place. You're calling me scum for doing town things. It's moronic and stupid.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Been lazy. Reading ISOs now.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I'm having real trouble getting reads on the players in this game.

I think Baezu could be scum, I don't know what to think of mnem really but I have a gut town read on him and N64Lord is prob town.

Vote: Baezu

Onwards I go.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Titus »

@Paschendale, why isn't someone CCing Taskmaster if Taskmaster is scum? He's claimed he was the user Day 1. I'd imagine someone else would claim Day 1 cop if he wasn't the day 1 cop.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Titus »

Derp Night 1 cop.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Apparently people still don't realise how the mechanics of this game works.

This game could potentially have 6 N1 cops (although the chances of this are extremely low).

I
do
think TaskMaster's claim looks town (because it seems he thought he was
the
N1 cop, rather than a N1 cop) but there is no reason that there couldn't be 0 N1 cops, either.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:44 pm

Post by Titus »

I highly doubt there are 0 N1 cops.

I have an odd idea, but it may be best for later. Popcorn night claims. I'm presuming we all act on one and only one given night. Scum will have to claim a given night they act. We will clear a good chunk of the town unless the scums deviate claims on what night they act. Killing people becomes a maze of oh shit cannot kill that guy. We will know people who are uncced must be clear. The doctor knows who he is and the other claimer must be the cop if uncced. They heal each other. That guarantees an investigation on that given night.

Thoughts?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

titus wrote:I highly doubt there are 0 N1 cops.
The chances are roughly 1 in 3. (40.96% chance with 4 cops, 32.768% with 5 cops, 26.2144% with 6 cops, altogether 33.314% chance)
titus wrote:Popcorn night claims.
No. I considered this, but it's a bad idea. Gives scum too much information, and gives town none. It also allows scum to work out nights where there is only one PR activated.
Voodoo Lady
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Voodoo Lady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Post by Voodoo Lady »

In post 770, Titus wrote:I'm presuming we all act on one and only one given night.
This is sort of the shtick with Diffusion of Power. You only get to use your power once on a predetermined night.
oriole
oriole
Goon
oriole
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by oriole »

Actually, I'm just going to put my vote here...

VOTE: TMT
In post 759, Taskmaster wrote: FTR, our case made sense. Your actions yesterday made us want to investigate you and the only reason we used an investigation on oriole instead of you was because of oriole's opposition of the "breaking mechanic" here and his agreement to a breaking mechanic in a Hard Boiled set up we were also in.

ns

For the record, I have absolutely no clue what "breaking mechanic" you're saying I'm opposing this game.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 770, Titus wrote:I highly doubt there are 0 N1 cops.

I have an odd idea, but it may be best for later. Popcorn night claims. I'm presuming we all act on one and only one given night. Scum will have to claim a given night they act. We will clear a good chunk of the town unless the scums deviate claims on what night they act. Killing people becomes a maze of oh shit cannot kill that guy. We will know people who are uncced must be clear. The doctor knows who he is and the other claimer must be the cop if uncced. They heal each other. That guarantees an investigation on that given night.

Thoughts?
I don't think this will work. From what I understand reading the setup there can be 2 docs on the same night, 2 cops on the same night or any combination thereof. There is also an inconsistent number of docs and cops and there may be an allowance for more than two roles per night.

Good thought, though
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”