JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:45 am

Post by JKLM »

Hey doctor pepper: rule 3 says even the recently lynched can talk at night, but the next rule says that no dead players can post. Could you clarify?

Skelda:

Neither do I, its a lot of paranoia that runs rampant, but its better than NOTHING.

I read about RQS, and became very interested in it, so I think ill try it out here:
This a question to all of you, awnser however you want to.

What's your favorite Pet and why?

Not sure if that's EXACTLY how ya do it but hey might as well try it.

Our odds as town aren't that great at first I have to say. Each person assuredly has 4/11 chance to lynch a scum today. Admittedly it's not THAT bad as that's just over a third.

So I have another question: with two mafia factions, does that mean we essentially have two kills per night? If that's true then God this should be interesting.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:41 am

Post by JKLM »

I literally just realized Mutley is in this game.

vote Muttley

HIYA MUTLEY HERP DERP

unvote

But really I'd rather not do that
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:43 am

Post by JKLM »

unvote

Second thing i should note is that I'm playing a good majority of this game from my phone so sorry for autocorrects and typos that I gurantee I WILL MAKE. It also makes posting tedious for me. Just a heads up.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:55 am

Post by JKLM »

Yes I did. Mostly because I just played a game with Mutley and wanted to say hi and get his attention.

RVS is RVS. It has no significance until someone tries to take advantage of it and cut the day off with a mislynch that it holds any actual reads on people, which as also useful for finding chainsaws.

P edit:
Phokadpaples: hi. I don't know why, there just wants much to say in this p edit. Sowwy.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:19 am

Post by JKLM »

Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty.

I didn't even notice but Saki is here as well. Nice to meet you! I fear you already!

I don't feel like dessew has really done anything scummy. Yet. Well except

Eh

I mean calm your horses the games been around for a day, we got time to get it done right and lynch scum.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:01 am

Post by JKLM »

Oh come on dont pull te stupid policy thing on me skelda. This early on, it's all a bunch of BS. It's barely page two as I think only 4 maybe 5 people have actually posted. Out of 12.

I never said we shouldn't argue this entire game, that's stupid.

But as far as I see it this argument looks like its going nowhere fast. At least for now.

I'm more concerned with why you even bring up the idea of a threat of a policy lunch on PAGE 2. We have 2 weeks. Policy lunches have their place but NOT THIS EARLY.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:59 am

Post by JKLM »

Clarification:

You're not making a Scene and its not the argument that's te problem it's the fact that it sounds very dead settness on each other to me.

Idk how to put it, it rubs me all kind of wrong.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 am

Post by JKLM »

Of course it wouldn't but I don't need to be threatened,

The main problem I have is that I'm getting very bad vibes off of this argument. It seems oddly reminiscent to me as both of them don't seem particularly town, but idk.

Looking back I guess I shouldn't have been so antsy about it. It still rubs me all kind of wrong.

If I'm going to be completely transparent (which I usually am) I guess I just felt so jarred that we already were debating who to wagon and the legitimacy of a scum read just as page 1 ends. It's nothing big but it's a different tempo than I'm used to.

Okay so where to start?

SKELDA

You aren't really allowed to use the newb card here, that was better left in the newb games themselves. If you want or need help, just read the wiki over once or twice. It really does help get pas those learning stages. But let's just void that newb card Kay? I don't favor that argument for very long but I always give it one chance at the very least.

Other than that from the small amount said you do seem to come off to me as town motivation, but it's too early to tell.

DESSEW

I don't really know what to say to you other than I don't feel good, but it's only been a page so i wont jump to conclusions. But as of now it's not very townish to me. Yet.

Not gonna vote cause its too early for my liking, I'd rather have most others start posting in this thread. Seriously: if anything scum might be sitting back and just laughing while we create paranoia among ourselves (unless one of us is scum, then oh well but it's too early to tell). The point is I don't want things going until EVERYONEs on this thread, so we have more logical reasoning behind everything.

P edit:

Yeah already kinda said it here I think. To too early for my taste.

P edit again:

Okay skelda, to be fair I did scan over that last part of not wanting things moving too quickly with the wagon. Not real complaints from me I guess.

And before someone does bring it up because I know they will: yes I am indecisive. I don't like to waste time. I like being more drawn out I guess. I only clear thy up because I only have one game on te site that's still going on.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:29 am

Post by JKLM »

Also yeah the vote for makes completely more sense. Or more like "I will vote for" is more appropriate. It gives a better tone.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by JKLM »

Alright alright, I'll get on. I just get nervous that half of the people prob haven't even seen this thread but hm

vote dessew

I'm a very wishy washy person. You could even see that in the current game I'm playing. This vote is mostly for pressure for now.

Edit:

I made this post hours ago but ne'er posted it. I'll do a big p edit later.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Post by JKLM »

Sorry thought that was of no substance but yeah whoops won't happen again.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:36 am

Post by JKLM »

I'd like to apologize for the giberish that was yesterday. Eesh who knew senior year could be so busy. I sincerely apologize as most of the posts were on a day where I literally had not slept the night before. I know it's tactless to bring IRL stuff into the game but hey, stuff happens.

It's the middle of school so I'm going to make a CLEAR, SOMEHWAT COMPREHENSIBLE post. I finally got sleep so I should be fine now.

I'm just wishy washy as a person. Even when implanted a couple times a year ago, that's kind of the only thing in common.

Ill do a post later that addresses all the concern.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by JKLM »

I'm still on my phone so I guess this wont be as conprehensive as I want it but its not like I have much to say.

First things first that is glaring to me:

Metaphors are not a good way to argue anything. At all. In fact Im pretty sure it's similar to a particular logical phallacy which name I can no remember. Although I do see your point skelda, don't use metaphors. It's bad debate skills. Metaphors often come off as purposely misleading in general, so I don't really favor them at all. Your use was kind of fine but it still bothers me in general.

I forgot who said it but someone mentioned what was the point of my Mutley vote if I didn't exactly favor RVS it was a joke as it was the first page. Please note that I literally unvoted in the same post. With broken tags of course, idk what I was thinking.

Honestly all of yesterday here is mostly a blur so I'm not sure what I was trying to say, other than that it was a bad feeling I had for dessew. As I said it was mostly to see a reaction. Of corse, someone Valle me out on it an I just said it was pressure. I've found in my experience, if someone points out the flimsiness of your pressure vote, it's better to admit it was pressure and fail at giving said pressure than To get people to think you're flimsy scum,
Especially I you want to be pro town.

Was that all? I'm not sure. I'm in a sound mind today so any concerns ill address or any questions on opinions ill answer. Otherwise I need to go back and look over what's been said again and think some more before I open my mouth again.

With that being said, good luck everyone, and sorry if my posts are dysfunctional for a bit, I get better, I promise you.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Post by JKLM »

^what Brian said about content. Word.

And oh goodie, never really played with a idea, I somehow failed to realize kubbs is one. So it's two people using one account no?
It actually worries me on a personal level mostly because I don't know how to meta check Hydras.

I know it takes away from the pacing to ask a question but, what are the major benefits of being a hydra, as well as downsides? I just want Roget an understanding.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Post by JKLM »

Sorry I completely forgot to address this.

Yes I do think that scum very much like cutting off RVS, but it's only a conjecture, especially in a rival mafia setup. Essentially it's VERY easy for scum to act pro town as well because they essentially ARE hunting down the opposing mafia (or werewolves, I'm not sure how mafias and werewolves are opposites but whateves).

Sorry that wasn't very clear either. Let me address that one point at a time.

It would make sense that scum like to cut off RVS as early as they can as THEY want to make the bandwagon, whether it be for bussing OR for mislynching early on. As I've said it's merely a conjecture of mine but it doesn't make it not true. That statement doesn't make it true either though, so I'm kinda testing that conjecture out for myself I guess. Would be happy to hear your opinions on it, as to whether I'm way off or something like that.

Second point I accidentally made while writing that first paragraph:

While technically speaking this is a moot point, it is much easier for scum to act pro town in this set up as they naturally have to hunt down the other mafia. I'm not saying that scum don't act scummy still, or that townish players are scum as well, that's be stupid. What I AM saying is that scum can easily be more subtle. That's the word, subtle.

At first. When the opposing faction is gone, the scum will prob start showing weak points as in any other game.
Another note about myself because I know my Meta is very empty: I'm quite aware my strategy and reasoning is mostly conjecture as that is how I prefer to play. I don't know why, it's just a whole lot runner for me to speculate. That being said my weakness is my mouth, as I shouldn't make every speculation known, otherwise the reasoning becomes circular. Or I guess WIFOM. I think I used that term correctly.

I'll skim over a third time to make sure I didn't miss anything else. Still formulating GOOD early reads, not rubbish ones for pressure. I should prob get some sleep before I lose it all again.

I think that is all actually.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:09 am

Post by JKLM »

Hi Mutley. Pleasure to see you as always.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 am

Post by JKLM »

Mutley: I've only got one for sure formulated read, which is that Dessew is legitimately leaning scum to me.

I love how he promptly ignored Yami's point on him ignoring serious conversation. I know I kinda did as well but I at least addressed that point rather than ignore it and hope it goes away. Besides that, having A policy isn't bad, if its consistent. I find it odd the lurking was placed on Mutts, which is a whole different point.

Yami Mutley just posts like that. Mutley I rarely see post more than 3 sentences, a play style I'm really starting to envy. It's not really lurking, but I'm not exactly sure why he prefers to do that but he just does. I get the policy but it really can't be applied to him IMO.

Also Yami's, I do see your point about the cutting off RVS doesn't have to be scum, as lurking is probably even more beneficial. So yay another moot point for me

Dessew:

For your point on me trying to look town: unlike you I'm trying to address concerns of people rather than ignore them. I said I'd get to analyzing people so ill get there when I get there. I'm not holding back on anything. I just barely have time. Besides, you're kind of dripping with irony when you're arguing that IM trying hard to look town. I'd say most of what I just read is pure defense rather RNA offense of your many posts, but as I've said I have Togo back and read over again to make sure. The reason I do that is because of the kind of person I am. If I don't be careful and extra analyze anything, I end up spitting out crap rater than helpful things. I yam what I yam.(that was for your concern I think, Yami)

P edit:

Oh hi there Yami. Didn't see you there.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Post by JKLM »

Yeah I take it back the amount of time I have plus the amount of time I NEED to put it in just don't match up. Wouldn't want to hurt the town game so I think I'll just sub out of here.

No intent to sound pretentious, I very clearly know what I'm like and don't need to be reminded of it.

I'm gonna PM the mod to sub me then for game sake, sorry for the trouble. Ah, how life does like to happen.

P edit:

It was to fish for your reaction skelda.

Also tablets are bigger than your hand at least. Typing is impossible here.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 am

Post by JKLM »

Sorry I know i shouldn't linger but i think Mutley deserves explanation.

I can't handle a game like this in my life right now. I could pen handle another newbie game but I can't really give it my all in this kind of game right now.

Point is I need to focus on important stuff right now in life. Priorities and such. I also would rather not stick around for longer and THEN drop out, you know Mutley that I find subs late game as a toss up and would rather prefer tat game has someone who's been there for most of the game.

Toddles and good luck to you all.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by JKLM »

For the sake of my replacement and myself in future games:

RQS I did useful to gauge how people causally type out answers to questions. It usually is great to help me see through when people are BSing or generally being fake. People inflect their voice in there writing differently when lying through their teeth (unless they are a skilled editor and go thrrough each post diligently). Did you ever awnser that question? Probably not, but i think it helps.

And that should be all.

Don't judge players for others actions unless there's an obvious connection. I Gurantee whoever is replacing me will be doing a better job at defending myself.
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Post by JKLM »

Sorry I set up reds failure, I was going to try to hardcore tunnel Skelda from the get go of things, but I obviously wasn't able to execute anything. That and I'm REALLY BAD at playing scum. Horrific. I cringed at getting scum actually.

I still followed the game after I subbed though. I had thought dessew was scum just by his level of participation but that was hobestly luck on my part. Viera was pony riding hardcore this entire game so as soon as everyone had figured it was Saki's alt I was sure she was scum (I couldn't see a better reason for the timing of the alt slip).

Good game, and good job town. Also good play from MD for sure, Brian skies good mason work, and Hiraki needs no mention of his skill.

Sorry Skelda. I felt bad. XD
JKLM
JKLM
Goon
JKLM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:35 am

Post by JKLM »

I literally went in to this game (because I hate scum so much) dive bombing and tunneling so had that I hoped I'd e read as VI (it's happened before and it's a great position to be in) or it would distance Skelda from me being my partner. I would have had to go thru with a successful night kill to eliminate the scum teams to one and two but it could have happened.

What really happened was life and me sucking at mafia.

Return to “Completed Open Games”