Terraria Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Magua »

So I have a house, and a furnace, and an anvil, and I just made myself a gold sword which against all reason is better than an iron sword. I've run out of inventory slots and realized I don't know what 3/4 of the things that I have can do.

- Is there a way of getting a description of a potentially-craftable item in the game, or should I just use the wiki?
- What do I do now? Explore the caves or go far to the left where stronger monsters live?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 am

Post by Magua »

In post 311, kanyeknowsbest wrote:ifu talk to the guide you can show him an item and be given a list of everything craftable from it and their descriptions and necessary components. make him live w. all your crafting tools 4 an ez life : ]
O RLY? I saw him when the game started, but by the time I had figured out moving, he had fallen to the bottom of a deep watery chasm, where he's been content to live for the past few days. Don't think he can get out.

I know that I can drain the chasm by digging under it and letting the water fall elsewhere, but that's *work*. Is there an easier way to get him to come to my house?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 am

Post by Magua »

In which I continue my minimal spoiler questions...

So I found anatomical hearts (as opposed to the hearts that give you +20 life) underground, surrounded by a red rock that my gold pick can't break.

But I wandered around some more and I found a heart that wasn't fully encased, broke it, and got a message about a meteor having fallen.

I wandered and found the meteorite and am currently harvesting it while trying not to get burnt to a crisp.

So, my questions:

- Will a pick made from meteorite ore break these red rocks that I can't currently break?
- Is there anything specific I should use the meteorite ore for?
- How else can I break the red rock?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Post by Magua »

I just took the meteorite mining slow and steady.

Got distracted by a goblin invasion, too. That was annoying. Sorcerers.

Anyways, I cleared out the meteorite and made myself meteorite armor because lolwhynot? Then the Eye of Cthulhu showed up. With the meteor armor, a bit of a letdown -- I think his first phase attacks did 2-4 damage or so against me. Second phase was stronger, but overall not even much of a contest. I threw a boomerang at him repeatedly because I couldn't be arsed to fetch my gun.

So the dryad shows up, and I buy a bunch of purification powder from her, and I go to smash some anatomical hearts. As Tierce warned, a big boss came up and I freaked and used my magic mirror to teleport home. When I got back to the scene of the crime, no boss. So I smashed three more hearts, and he shows up again, and we fight, and he kills me. I respawn, hurry back to the scene of the crime, no more boss.

So now I'm a little stuck. I don't have any more hearts to smash (that I'm aware of).

Am I missing out by not killing this guy?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Magua »

Those are crafting stations. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

I literally had no idea that they were anything but background (well, I knew they hurt if you tried to pick 'em, but nothing beyond that). I finally ended up googling for "crimson altar" before I even knew what I was looking for. Have to say, that part of the game doesn't seem very well fleshed out, as, unless I miss my guess, I don't think there's any way of knowing in-game that you can craft things there unless you happen to be wandering by with your crafting window open.

So, it took three tries (I suck a little), but I eventually killed the brain with the method Tierce gave, then made my brand new shiny pick. I feel so empowered.

In completely unrelated news, I found a goblin who I released and he sold me rocket boots and ohmygodijizzedinmypants. That just made things so much incredibly easier.

So now I've fully explored the surface of the world, looted the ocean, and found an old man who complains about being cursed. I ignored him saying that I'm much too weak and fought Skeletron and got rolled.

So in terms of things to do, I *think* these are my options:
- Fight Skeletron and win,
- The Dryad gives me a status saying my world is 2% corrupted. I assume this is something I can do something about, but outside of being 99 stacks of purification powder and going on a rampage, I'm not sure what,
- Dig deeper.

Unrelated, when crafting, is there a way of crafting more than one item at a time? It's annoying to turn 100 stone into walls with 100 clicks.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Magua »

Can't check right now, but from what I recall the guide says what you can build with something, but not the station needed is (though I admit I could just be missing that in the UI). More to the point is that even saying "You can make that at a crimson altar" wouldn't help me because I had no idea those things were crimson altars or could be used for crafting stations at all. =P

---

For farming, does it need to be mud (as opposed to dirt or clay or whatever)? Does it have to be underground?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Magua »

Defeated Skeletron, *and* am now running around in a unicorn costume.

(It took me way too long to figure out that the slimes were wearing bunny masks and the bunnies were wearing slime costumes.)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Magua »

So I've looted everything I could find (including the floating islands and defeating Queen Bee in a bee hive).

I know that to continue I have to fight the Wall of Flesh, and winning that will take me into hardmode.

But.

No idea where the Wall of Flesh is.

Also, is there anything else I should make sure I do before starting hardmode?

Return to “The Arcade”