Newbie 1462: The Room of Shadows (Mafia Wins!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
supasaru
supasaru
Townie
supasaru
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:04 am

Post by supasaru »

Hmmm... voting has already started? I thought we were a peaceful little town, where we're all neighbourly and watch out for each other.
Supā
saru
~~~
supasaru
supasaru
Townie
supasaru
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:38 am

Post by supasaru »

Seems a lot has happened since I went to bed yesterday.

I'm curious to know if MrHyde has played the game in real life. What Notreallygood says about MrHyde's inexperience is an interesting point, but if you've played in real life, then the "don't lynch me, I'm important" tactic could be a sneaky move that you've tried before.

I was thinking I was going to resort to a random vote, but there are a few here that seem to be quite vocal...
Supā
saru
~~~
supasaru
supasaru
Townie
supasaru
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by supasaru »

A few more thoughts that have been bouncing around in my head.

I'll start with Om
  • Saying that you're sticking with Nachomamma8 doesn't mean much to me.
    1. If Om's a townie and Nacho's also a townie, then we're fine, and all's good in the world. Of course, you don't know Nacho's a townie. There's a 38% chance you're wrong.
    2. If Om's townie and Nacho's mafioso, well, you're trust could lead the whole town into trouble.
    3. If Om is scum and Nacho's a townie, it would be sort of odd behaviour for a bad guy to get everyone to root for a good guy.
    4. If both are baddies, you would both know about it. That's not good for the town at all, so putting our trust in Nacho because Om says so wouldn't be too good.
  • Two of those scenarios ain't good for the town, and one is kind of shaky. So far, you've both voted for Clammy. I'm not on the Clammy band-wagon at this point.
  • You've also been kind of vocal, and we had an expression back when I was in elementary school. "He who smelled, it dealt it." Maybe it applies here, in a mafia sort of way.
  • Your avatar keeps me up at night...
  • I don't know how much this scores you on the scum-o-meter, but I'm gonna keep watching.
I've just re-read the thread a little, and see that MyHyde has answered the question I asked earlier. This is is first Mafia game, so his earlier role confession
could
have been a newbie mistake. But, I see you used the expression "claim VT" early on... It took me a while to catch on to this site's lingo... hmm....

As for Luca Blight, his only post on this site so far is "in for next." If he were assigned a scum role, I wonder if he'd be more willing to jump in the game in take out the town...

I've played this very little in real life, and this is my first time on this site. Maybe this is all newbie logic, but it's cold and lonely in this little town of ours and newbie logic's all I've got :wink:
Supā
saru
~~~

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”