Mini 1531 ~ Mafia Pinnipedum (Game Over!)

The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by The Purple Plague »

I'm a bit biased since I feel the push on me being scum additionally requires me to be moronic but I still think he's probably town and just being paranoid. Why were you concerned about him being not aggressive enough earlier? I usually don't picture Kanye as an outwardly aggressive type player unless he really sinks his teeth into something.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:12 pm

I think his sync up with LLD was decent and genuine although possibly very wrong. I understood his reasoning pretty easily, though.
Sixty
Sixty
Goon
Sixty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Sixty »

~Vote Count XXXIX

:right:
The Purple Plague (L-3)
~ Lady Lambdadelta, Natirasha, kanyeknowsbest
Magua (L-4)
~ walked into a club,
(Natirasha,)
Syryana
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-4)
~ The Purple Plague, Selkies
Syryana (L-5)
~
(kanyeknowsbest,)
Magua
walked into a club (L-6)
~
(Lady Lambdadelta)

Not Voting:
Debonair Danny DiPietro,
(Lady Lambdadelta,)
penguin_alien

--With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Battery power:
arfa
R
farf
|
arfa
R
farf
|
(20%)
walr~ooooooooooo~f.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1375, The Purple Plague wrote:I'm a bit biased since I feel the push on me being scum additionally requires me to be moronic but I still think he's probably town and just being paranoid. Why were you concerned about him being not aggressive enough earlier? I usually don't picture Kanye as an outwardly aggressive type player unless he really sinks his teeth into something.
In the only other game we played, he took a very frontline role from the start in trying to figure out how to figure out and take advantage of the game mechanics. He seemed way, way more easy going in this game. Like there was a drive missing. That changed day 2. Maybe it comes down to role influencing play on day 1. My day 1 in the cash cabd game was probably too focused on wanting to be sure about you and not focused enough in sorting other players because of my role driving a night 1 decision.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:20 pm

That makes sense.

What do you think of Natirasha?
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1379, The Purple Plague wrote:That makes sense.

I still feel like his early day 2 play felt like SK/Vig hunting.

Also, I may have missed it, but I don't think he's really said much about game balance since the mass claim. I expect town-him to work through that and look for potential fake claims and stuff.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:57 pm

In post 1380, Selkies wrote:

Also, I may have missed it, but I don't think he's really said much about game balance since the mass claim. I expect town-him to work through that and look for potential fake claims and stuff.
What about his Day 1 play? You were initially leaning town on it; are you willing to let that go?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:58 pm

WHat do you think of his behavior after he determined we were likely the killer? That's the big scum tell for me.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Selkies »

In post 1381, The Purple Plague wrote:

What about his Day 1 play? You were initially leaning town on it; are you willing to let that go?
I don't even remember what I thought about Nati on day 1. I think he was null or null-town. Maybe orcinus was townreading him?
In post 1382, The Purple Plague wrote:WHat do you think of his behavior after he determined we were likely the killer? That's the big scum tell for me.
I thought he was SK hunting. Usually it's scum who hunt SKs that hard. I had a wild idea he could actually be the SK, but he's told me a few times that he thinks the best SK play is to hold their kill.

Quick scan through his ISO and it was almost like he was warning you off. post comes off like he was telling you to watch your step.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I've been busy the last couple hours. My mom's internet is out and my phone is dying. Sorry for not being gungho about scum hunting the claims.

I voted TPP for a reason though.

I might have missed Magua/DDD/someone else's claim at the end there. I'll check tomorrow. I have a feeling there are scum in the VTs, probably. Kanye is too easy a target with trimasons. I'll think overnight.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

So WIAC's town, Nat's town, Syryana's town, kanye's very likely town, LLD is probably town.

TPP is the second kill source.

That leaves {DDD, Selkies, Magua}

Trouble is, because for whatever combination of reasons TPP shot one of my mason partners, I don't trust that they're not a gambiting SK, and if we mislynch here and lose two townies tonight, we're hostage to TPP as town or third party.

I'd like to wait for DDD and Syryana to claim, and since I enjoy things being tied up neatly, it would be awesome to have flavor from LLD and kanye, but I'm not so inclined to hold the day for that.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

mines cirque du sealei. do not know lambdas
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1385, penguin_alien wrote:I'd like to wait for DDD and Syryana to claim
Sorry I took so long.

I'm Seal Ion, Vanilla Seallager. Apparently I'm famous for balancing magnetic shit on the point of my nose and and optimistic to the point of insanity.

Still happy with the Magua vote. Willing to be convinced to change to Selkies. Maybe TPP.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:38 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Phone post since I still can't connect from work. Claim is Sealvador Dali, VT.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:44 am

In post 232, Selkies wrote:Also, Mara, why didn't you ask all of your proposed townbloc what they think about this?

p-edit - Smudger seems less go-getter than he was in the first game I played with him. Nats looks like he's doing his early-game autopilot, which I associate more with town-nat than scum-nat. LLD I don't have an opinion yet.
Here is your early townread on Nati, ffery.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am

In post 1383, Selkies wrote:
In post 1381, The Purple Plague wrote:

I don't even remember what I thought about Nati on day 1. I think he was null or null-town. Maybe orcinus was townreading him?
In post 1382, The Purple Plague wrote:WHat do you think of his behavior after he determined we were likely the killer? That's the big scum tell for me.
I thought he was SK hunting. Usually it's scum who hunt SKs that hard. I had a wild idea he could actually be the SK, but he's told me a few times that he thinks the best SK play is to hold their kill.

Quick scan through his ISO and it was almost like he was warning you off. post comes off like he was telling you to watch your step.
I saw the warning! It seemed like a soft PR claim at the time, I have no idea what it supposedly meant now.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 am

In post 1384, Natirasha wrote:I've been busy the last couple hours. My mom's internet is out and my phone is dying. Sorry for not being gungho about scum hunting the claims.

I voted TPP for a reason though.

I might have missed Magua/DDD/someone else's claim at the end there. I'll check tomorrow. I have a feeling there are scum in the VTs, probably. Kanye is too easy a target with trimasons. I'll think overnight.
You voted me for a reason? What's that reason?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:53 am

In post 1385, penguin_alien wrote:So WIAC's town, Nat's town, Syryana's town, kanye's very likely town, LLD is probably town.

TPP is the second kill source.

That leaves {DDD, Selkies, Magua}

Trouble is, because for whatever combination of reasons TPP shot one of my mason partners, I don't trust that they're not a gambiting SK, and if we mislynch here and lose two townies tonight, we're hostage to TPP as town or third party.

I'd like to wait for DDD and Syryana to claim, and since I enjoy things being tied up neatly, it would be awesome to have flavor from LLD and kanye, but I'm not so inclined to hold the day for that.
And if you mislynch me today, you're in MyLo tomorrow. 100%, guaranteed.
Meanwhile the Nacho-town possibility means that we get two lynches today instead of one, so it feels like people should be considering Mara and I as town but nope, not happening anywhere.

What do you think I was thinking when I claimed vig as SK? Before I claimed, who was suspicious of me? Nati? And why was he suspicious of me? Because Mara crumbed our kill. Do you think she would do that as a SERIAL KILLER? No. She would not. Meanwhile, I would not claim a compulsive vig with the role name Sealial Killer when all I actually had to do as SK was keep my head down, let you mislynch, and then you're hostage to me.

Why is no one actually thinking about this?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:54 am

Oh wait because Vigames have the tendency to make townies go fucking insane.
And I am cursed to play like shit, have a moment of clarity, and get lynched although I have no fucking business being lynched.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:05 am

I dunno, do any of you really think I'm that dumb? Does any one of you think that you're that dumb to claim what I've claimed this game? Do you think I got a third party role that loses as soon as it gets lynched or do you think I took special time to make this claim as sketchy as possible?

Or, my favorite scenario, do you think that I'm the type of player to go for "too scummy to be scum" when I previously was in a position that required none of this shit?
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:10 am

I also don't understand how three masons + vig is too much power when we have a setup that has three mafia with no powers versus three masons. Vigs are very easily countered by mafia powers (bulletproof, roleblocker oh my!), and it's not like SKs significantly towards the mafia.
The Purple Plague
The Purple Plague
Goon
The Purple Plague
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Am I surprised everyone wasted a day with a single post and did absolutely nothing else?
Nope! I am only depressed ffery is among them. We still have a lot of reads to get through, you know.
And I might be operating on limited time since towns riding the struggle bus at the moment.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

TPP, who would you shoot if you survive today? Feel free to give conditional answers.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Yes, I'm aware you've stated some choices already, but I'd like your up-to-date thoughts, especially those dependent on how any likely non-you lynches today would flip.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Selkies »

I don't think I posted earlier. I got pulled away partway through my rounds this morning. I'm kinda here. skipping around a lot.
In post 1389, The Purple Plague wrote:
In post 232, Selkies wrote:Also, Mara, why didn't you ask all of your proposed townbloc what they think about this?

p-edit - Smudger seems less go-getter than he was in the first game I played with him. Nats looks like he's doing his early-game autopilot, which I associate more with town-nat than scum-nat. LLD I don't have an opinion yet.
Here is your early townread on Nati, ffery.

Yeah. That was basically null-town. Is it accurate? I think he's a little more likely to post reads when pushed on day 1 as scum than as town. I should have pushed him for reads to see what he did.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”