Town won 46% of Matrix 6 games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@OP: I'm most interested in seeing the stats on the individual setups of Matrix6.

And yeah, replacing out should have some moderate penalty for more experienced users, that can be wavered on a case by case basis by either the game moderator or the list mods (if the latter then the system needs to make it at least something of a hassle for the user so that the list mods aren't overworked).

Replacements are just plain annoying and are a disruption to the natural game state. As a player it can be annoying because it drastically changes a slot, especially if I'm scum and have been carefully cultivating the game state so far. As a moderator it's annoying for obvious reasons, but especially when there are so many replacements that deadline extensions are required.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I am not convinced the results are statistically significant.

@emerald: Of course 1-shot BP is weaker than the other PRs. It can only help itself and only once.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:25 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Sorry, I meant the balance statistics. I wasn't looking at the replacement statistics.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Setup 1 being biased against the Mafia makes little sense to me; Jailkeepers are powerful but not that powerful.
Setup 2's stats are definitely screwed up. This thread shows that the F11 setup with Cop/Doc/M. RB was about 55-45 M-T
Setup 3 is obviously scumsided, but it's difficult to say if the statistics are portraying it as more scumsided than it actually is.
Setup A seems fine.
Setup B seems fine although those F11 statistics I linked gave a 65-35 breakdown instead, oddly enough.
Setup C is probably not as scumsided as it appears.

So, sadly, there's not much that can be concluded about balance I think.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Actually, the two setups showing 70-30 M-T win percentages are definitely not as scumsided as that because the all-VT version of F11 was about 70-30. Since the two setups both have two PRs they clearly should trend better for the town than 70-30.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”