Town won 46% of Matrix 6 games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 18, Alduskkel wrote:@OP: I'm most interested in seeing the stats on the individual setups of Matrix6.

And yeah, replacing out should have some moderate penalty for more experienced users, that can be wavered on a case by case basis by either the game moderator or the list mods (if the latter then the system needs to make it at least something of a hassle for the user so that the list mods aren't overworked).

Replacements are just plain annoying and are a disruption to the natural game state. As a player it can be annoying because it drastically changes a slot, especially if I'm scum and have been carefully cultivating the game state so far. As a moderator it's annoying for obvious reasons, but especially when there are so many replacements that deadline extensions are required.
My current policy is a one year blacklist from any of my future games for replacing out without a legitimate reason. I'd encourage other mods to adopt similar policies.

Specifically on the subject of newbie games, that rate of replacement for ICs and SEs is unacceptable. Even though SEs don't have any teaching capacity, it still sets a terrible example when they're casually replacing out of games.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:50 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 22, Elscouta wrote:Is there a reason there isn't a 1 or 2 month ban on joining new games when replacing out?

I mean, if you had a real life issue that was bad enough to justify replacing out, why would you rejoin a game immediately?
For games outside of the newbie queue, I'd leave it up the mods the refuse entry to these kind of players.

In the newbie queue though, I think there probably should be some kind of punishment.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 31, Mr. Flay wrote:
In post 27, Toomai wrote:Random is random, but that's a lot of setup 1s.
I wonder if Setup 1 tends to finish faster somehow? AFAIK the List Mod is still randomizing the setups before giving them to the gamemod, so the previous bias should be gone.
Either that or sample size. You need more games with 6 possible setups vs 4 to balance out random chance.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”