Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 am

Post by Tajun »

:roll: Well done guys. I leave town for a day and return lynched.

Siv, GG Andrew all town, as I mentioned earlier (should have stuck with that one :P ) and Hyp/fitz as the remainders, as I figured this morning.

Meh. I am not too disappointed. I will be a right bit more arrogant in the future though. Mala lynch to frame me and GG then?
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:00 am

Post by Tajun »

Lol, just read through things... NFW! Voided, that is NOT how the switches work! LOL!!!

Mechanics

Nightstart
Pregame, the Serial Killer chooses an immunity: Mafia NK Immunity OR Vig/Cop Immunity
Each night, the town powerroles are active pending a player "switching" them off.

The Mafia Cop Switch may switch off the Cop for example, with each Mafia player controlling a switch over a town PR.
However, the SK has the ability to reverse any switches' state. For example, if the Mafia Doc Switch, leaves the Doctor active, the SK choosing to reverse the Doc's switch will cause it to be inactive.
The Serial Killer may reverse all three, none of the switches or any combination in between.
An individual mafia member may not submit the factional kill AND deactivate a switch on the same night.

From the wiki. See the bolded portion.

Wow. The town should have been uberfucked after night one. And all my good calls were just random chance.
Wow.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 am

Post by Tajun »

Yeah, GG you didn't do too badly. You were obvtown pretty well the whole game. Not sure where you got scum on me from though.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Yeah, I realize that now.

EDIT: Owait, lol. That should be more like "non-town player" instead of just player. XD
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 am

Post by Tajun »

Hahaha ah well... GG all (good game that is), it has been fun. Sorry for the freakout friday Siv, I wasn't in the mood to get lynched. Happened anyway. Whatevs.

Fitz, it was fun crossing swords with ya, should have stuck to my guns, but well played on the defense.

Voided, thanks for modding!
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by malpascp »

I knew how switches worked all the time (obviouslly)

Hyperion was obv scum, but havingfitz I would have never suspected.

And lulz to Pasch protecting me N0 and getting killed... by me muhaha.

it was nice to watch, even though if I survived Day 1 it would have been a lot different.

GG everyone
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Oh we won?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by Hyperion »

REALLY Malp. I was obscum. lets put your money where your mouth is and tell me where I look obvscum.
And the point is you didn't live past day one so it doesnt matter.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

lol
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:15 am

Post by havingfitz »

Closing thoughts...

Probably the easiest scum win I can recall. I never had any pressure on me aside from a brief wagon from Tajun yesterday and GG's occasional unsupported suspicions thrown my way.

No one knows how things would have gone if Potato had lastest longer so perhaps his vig was for the best.

Can't believe Hyper didn't ge more attention his way. His underposting/lurkish presence never drew attention until LYLO when everyone is bound to get SOME attention. At the very least he was as worthy of suspicion/pressure as andrew was.

The switches thing was annoying...we were specifically stating we wanted the switch targets turned off. I do not think set it and forget it was clearly expressed anywhere and I think it should have been. As it resulted in a vig scumkill (nice job AJ) it would presumably be an advantage to town so no impact IMO on the game outcome.

For those who I haven't played with before....nice to play with you. For those I have...nice to again.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:30 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 982, Hyperion wrote:REALLY Malp. I was obscum. lets put your money where your mouth is and tell me where I look obvscum.
And the point is you didn't live past day one so it doesnt matter.

LOL meta LOL

and this was my first game as SK, sorry for sucking (even though I always look scummy)

And now that I notice it, this was the most unlikely scumteam I could possibilly think of.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Post by Jal »

Could have gotten Hyper? Probably. Not both.

I think if Grey/Tajun were the cop and we didn't end Day 1 like we did things would have gone more smoothly.

Really good game scum. Truly earned.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:58 am

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 986, Jal wrote:Could have gotten Hyper? Probably. Not both.
General consensus in the dead QT was that Hyper was scum, yes, but fitz being the other never crossed my mind.

The scum killing all the PRs in a row and having the SK lynched d1 turned this game into mountainous by d3, and in that environment, the result was fairly inevitable. No town roles meant no way for a player not under scrutiny to be outed as scum, so a job well done by the scum there.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Tajun »

Why not, I must ask? I was super suspicious of FItz as soon as I saw Jal's flip. I blew it using up my cred getting Daumis lynched, I realize, but I would have been pretty surprised to see fitz town. Hyper seemed far more town in my eyes.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:59 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Fin
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus