ratio

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Spectre
Spectre
Townie
Spectre
Townie
Townie

ratio

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:58 pm

Post by Spectre »

what woudl be the correct town size for a mafia of 5 that only kills once a night? the town will likely have two docs, a weak protect role, and a vig. 2 cops maybe one more weak role, tops.

my first reaction was around 5 out of 23-24 (18-19 town)
but that seems really high. cause 6 mislynches and 6 nightkills still makes 7 town to 5 mafia which seems like its way to hard for mafia there.

so more like 15 town to 5 mafia?

ive run a lot of games before but usually have a sk or something so have more than 1 kill a night.

thoughts?
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:56 am

Post by Mgm »

The town is way overpowered even if there's less of them. The docs could protect each other making it impossible to kill them. They could both protect a cop, making it impossible to kill the cops before they investigated all the mafia. Two cops means 2 result each night. If the mafia kill different people than the cops investigate it's all over by night 3.

You should either give the mafia some powers or treat this as a normal game.

The higher number of players doesn't mean you need more power roles, but you may need to provide alternatives if they get killed night one. Backup roles could be the answer.

Also, in a large game a one-shot vig is near-useless. If he has to kill every night you have to account for that kill in your number-crunching.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:04 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, a large game with only one NK can REALLY drag on. More than ten days seems to dull some people's senses...just FYI. You may have to be snappier with deadlines, and replacements may become an issue. Mafia 37 (my first large game) discovered that...
Retired as of October 2014.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:13 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I think the fourth mislynch should lose. This is at least considering the power the town has. So that'd be what, 5+(2*4) = 13 town. Most mods probably would have a few more town than that...

I agree that two docs with only one scum kill per night is bad.

Adding more scum kills in the form of an SK isn't a good way to weaken the town (if it does that at all) since it weakens the mafia too.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”