FTL: Faster than Light

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Gammagooey »

played it a bunch on normal but only unlocked one type C ship so far (kestrel) which IS pretty fun to be fair (plus the lanius ship which is also fine)

i wanna try out all the new layouts though and having to survive til the last sector with a type b ship i've either played a lot already or am awful at using (mantis or engi for example) is kind of irritating

the new music+models+events+everything else is amazing though so I should probably just play a bit on easy instead of getting myself blown up on normal runs over and over again
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:31 am

Post by Gammagooey »

haven't beaten it with advanced edition yet but how i beat it a few times was

-have cloaking for the stage 2 flagship because otherwise the drone surge will fuck you hard enough that you usually can't recover
-have either a fuckton of lasers to get past the shields+ ideally at least one combat drone for even more lasers OR some bombs to hit the shield room with and still a decent amount of lasers
-probably have at least 3 shields
-having a transporter to kill their weapons+ the dudes that repair them in stages 1 and 3 is also nice but not necessary

super mega bonus: use the zoltan A ship, kill everything forever and have so much extra scrap from not taking damage that you have all those things by like sector 5.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:18 am

Post by Gammagooey »

man i really hate how bad every subsystem is except cloaking on stage 2 of the flagship

got there with like 8 lasers i could fire at once+ a combat drone and hacking and mind control with the lanius ship (didnt get cloaking or a transporter so i could get the first lanius ship achievement earlier) and then the combat drone and hacking are both useless because of the defense drone and mind control can't actually kill a weapon system if it's only at level 2 so i take down the shields with a million lasers then LOLDRONES then i die

maaaaaan
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

flagship doesn't even actually have that much evasion, i hacked it to do basically the same thing on stage 1 and it was either 15 or 25 (im guessing 25 when piloted and 15 when not?)

it's just that i didn't have a way to not die from the drone swarm and couldn't kill anything fast enough to actually make a difference despite most of my ship upgrades being awesome
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

just got a zoltan shield on the Lanius ship

it feels reaaal good

Return to “The Arcade”